The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

My first home! Show me yours ...

• altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    Transformed the EP manor into an abandoned castle, complete with a giant functional maze.

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_5.png

Screenshot_11.png

I want to ask, how long did it take you to create the maze? it is an awesome idea!!!

It took me about 9 hours, I think. The maze goes inside the house on all 3 floors too. It has a princess waiting to be rescued and a treasure to boot. Not to mention a lot of movie references like The Hunchback of Notre-Dame, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Sleeping Beauty etc. etc. If you're on PC EU, it's open for all, so feel free to give it a shot. @name amanozako.

E: Also organising dueling events (1st person, no UI, you get the gist), roleplaying sessions featuring Maze Runners, and ERP if you're into that sort of thing.

oh yeah, that sounds good, ok, I am on PC EU too, I will write you ;), we see us, I am @altemriel in the game too. We see us in the maze :smiley: , but nice hours, dude, that is a lot :smiley:
    Edited by altemriel on February 10, 2017 9:46PM
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kazya wrote: »
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Kazya wrote: »
    First the challenge I made to myself, to make a room with only 15 items as that is the item cap for unsubbed players in ESO's housing system.
    Yeah, the cap numbers for items and visitors and underwhelming ...
    :neutral:

It is, I would have liked it to be higher, especially for visitors honestly. But atleast it is possible to make do with the item cap, the things I used in the 15 items room was mostly vendor bought, crafted or stolen. One thing (the bed) was bought through the store for crowns :)

yeah, this, like all the caps should be higher, for visitors, mannors should have like 39 people minimal. trophies, too little, and we need storage to be in the housing, everyone knows that!!!
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This one got her first own room, an apartment :), this one khajiit is very happy now, she can start to decorate it nice :). Now only one table, one chair and a candle and a sleeping bag. But khajiit has lots of gold, will get more stuff soon :)

G7ht1UC.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/G7ht1UC.jpg

Fop90Yb.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/Fop90Yb.jpg

Yours with warm paws and full belly
    Maoimii
    Edited by altemriel on February 10, 2017 9:54PM
  • AshTal
    AshTal
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have held off buying a place because I have no furniture or anything else to put in it. Hate to say if but this has probably back fired on ZOS not going to buy a house with crown store credits if I can't decorate it.

Guessing in near future blue prints and crafting nodes will drop all the time so we will buy bigger places and decorate them.
  • Moonscythe
    Moonscythe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imryll wrote: »
    So, if you delete the character who bought a house--or quested to get it for free--do you lose the house? I wouldn't think so, but then I think about them putting the CE edition maps in the inventory of a character you might be tempted to delete as soon as you saw her in-game, and I worry, just a little.

you, too, huh? Yeah, that would just suck but wouldn't be entirely surprising.
    Scura di Notte - Altmer Nightblade (gear)
    Lalin del Sombra - Bosmer Sorcerer (alchemy/enchanting)
    Angevin Sarkany - Bosmer Dragonknight
    Alkemene Velothi - Dunmer Warden (Morrowind)
    Sanna yos'Phalen - Altmer Sorcerer (provisioning)
    Cosima di Mattina -Altmer Sorcerer
    Naria Andrano - Dunmer Templar
    Luca della Serata - Redguard Templar
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Moonscythe wrote: »
    Imryll wrote: »
    So, if you delete the character who bought a house--or quested to get it for free--do you lose the house? I wouldn't think so, but then I think about them putting the CE edition maps in the inventory of a character you might be tempted to delete as soon as you saw her in-game, and I worry, just a little.

you, too, huh? Yeah, that would just suck but wouldn't be entirely surprising.

maybe you should run a stamsorc like Fengrush :smiley:
  • ScooberSteve
    ScooberSteve
    ✭✭✭✭
    A work in progress
    sRTOwP9.jpg

zIxWB76.jpg

RxnarJa.jpg

0SDKsjU.jpg
    Edited by ScooberSteve on February 11, 2017 4:40PM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elder_Scrolls_Online_2017_02_10_22_26_26_03.png

They told me pets can't move... But look he's stealing dinner
    Edited by Tasear on February 11, 2017 4:53PM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Ample Domicile, I haven't bought anything with crowns yet, I'll see how far I can get without, lots of nooks still to fill, not done much on the inside yet

P66XmOL.jpg

X1RtmFj.jpg

Oh that's gorgeous! Like all of these.

On day four I got a new shelf, a desk and another pumpkin crafted. Getting there!

How much do trers cost on item limit. I have the small house but large version.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking through some of these screenshots, i clearly have to step up my housing game ...
    :smile:
  • Jaybe_Mawfaka
    Jaybe_Mawfaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    Transformed the EP manor into an abandoned castle, complete with a giant functional maze.

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_5.png

Screenshot_11.png

I want to ask, how long did it take you to create the maze? it is an awesome idea!!!

It took me about 9 hours, I think. The maze goes inside the house on all 3 floors too. It has a princess waiting to be rescued and a treasure to boot. Not to mention a lot of movie references like The Hunchback of Notre-Dame, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Sleeping Beauty etc. etc. If you're on PC EU, it's open for all, so feel free to give it a shot. @name amanozako.

E: Also organising dueling events (1st person, no UI, you get the gist), roleplaying sessions featuring Maze Runners, and ERP if you're into that sort of thing.

Can I hire you for my house sweety
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ended up getting the Mistvale Manor (the large nord home) as I liked the cabin feel and it was a large home, but on the smaller side of them (which would make it easier to decorate as you run out of space very quickly, even with sub, once you start adding clutter).

The decorating was done from a mix of craftable stuff (me and some friends have been at work trying to gather recipes), achievement furniture, crown store purchases (tried to stick to cheap stuff, but splurged on a few things here and there) and buying basic stuff from vendors (like crates, barrels, etc).

I added large stone orc style braziers as columns supporting the roof (one of the first things I was able to craft and last thing to notice because of the station it uses to create - alchemy I believe). Pay no attention to the fire next to the straw roof, it's magical fire! Added a ton of foliage out here in the courtyard to make the place look a mix of wild and cozy.
    Entry-
    fhOdNvZ.jpg
    The Home-
    3nAaI5X.jpg

To the right of the door I used the little open area to create a sitting spot. The trellis and fire pits are achievement furniture pieces (the fire pit is actually a mix of a few pieces).
    hLhffPR.jpg
    m7PlgtN.jpg
    jJWR7PO.jpg

Added a well to the side of the home (one of my friends was able to craft this for me fortunately, as I was saving the spot for it). The sky shard in the back was one of the only flashy items added as I felt it was a decent spot for it, but no thrones or elder scrolls to be found here.
    ZvdPKmu.jpg

The way to the left takes you to the workshop/barn area. Woodworking platform to left of workshop, with platform to work on and canopy above. Built an extended roof and supports out to create a stable for the couple mounts I place here (which are kind of creepy btw since they barely move and look like stuffed creatures).
    JOgnids.jpg
    yebmeUo.jpg

Still waiting to earn the vouchers to pick up the last couple crafting stations to add here, but this is where my blacksmithing and clothing stations will go, with the woodworking station outside on the platform I built left of the building. Added some storage shelving and made a ramp for access above the work areas.
    JNHlIMT.jpg

To the left and right of the front porch are my two vendors. Merchant on the left and Banker on the right, with little shop style setups for storage for their work.
    PP6E1G4.jpg
    Rwy8n25.jpg

Inside I tried to divide the building up from areas that are more public gradually moving to more privacy. Being there are only really three rooms, the large bottom room and the top two, with the bedroom up top. So I put the kitchen/dining downstairs, with the library to the side, then a small sitting area above in front of the bedroom. So far I have picked up the alchemy, enchanting and provisioning stations and have the first two in the library to each side and the cooking station in the back room behind the bar (it would not fit in the fireplace and still work unfortunately).
    yGSD5CE.jpg
    k1NjLDL.jpg
    4lT2hzR.jpg
    ozKPGww.jpg

The sitting room above will probably get more added to it as I'm able to craft different pieces, but the setup is solid for now. I have the trophies on display above the bedroom door (didn't want to make something too giant with them, just wanted a nice wall display of them somewhere and this was the best continuous spot inside).
    99xGOsY.jpg
    QH1ID4f.jpg
    3vbOi5n.jpg

The bedroom, nothing fancy here, just a bedroom. The bed was one of my splurges from the store as I haven't been able to find any sign of imperial crafting.
    ojwAm6I.jpg
    nxl6yvK.jpg

The upper deck hasn't been heavily decorated yet. I just have a bench and table out here so far, but I have added some vines and argonian lanterns as some atmosphere until I can add more furniture.
    8l4cFLg.jpg

Edit: I actually put a lot of work into the lighting of the property as well, so maybe I'll add some more shots from night time later.
    Edited by xaraan on February 11, 2017 6:41PM
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • covenant_merchant
    covenant_merchant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I turned my apartment into a wearhouse for fencing stolen items . There's some cool decorations hidden in those crates .

wUdPlRPh.jpg
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    I ended up getting the Mistvale Manor (the large nord home) as I liked the cabin feel and it was a large home, but on the smaller side of them (which would make it easier to decorate as you run out of space very quickly, even with sub, once you start adding clutter).
    Damn, that is nice!
    smilie_pokal.gif

• Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • DigitalShibby
    DigitalShibby
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NvaL2E5.jpg
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »

The decorating was done from a mix of craftable stuff (me and some friends have been at work trying to gather recipes), achievement furniture, crown store purchases (tried to stick to cheap stuff, but splurged on a few things here and there) and buying basic stuff from vendors (like crates, barrels, etc).

I added large stone orc style braziers as columns supporting the roof (one of the first things I was able to craft and last thing to notice because of the station it uses to create - alchemy I believe). Pay no attention to the fire next to the straw roof, it's magical fire! Added a ton of foliage out here in the courtyard to make the place look a mix of wild and cozy.
    Entry-
    fhOdNvZ.jpg
    The Home-
    3nAaI5X.jpg

To the right of the door I used the little open area to create a sitting spot. The trellis and fire pits are achievement furniture pieces (the fire pit is actually a mix of a few pieces).
    hLhffPR.jpg
    m7PlgtN.jpg
    jJWR7PO.jpg

Added a well to the side of the home (one of my friends was able to craft this for me fortunately, as I was saving the spot for it). The sky shard in the back was one of the only flashy items added as I felt it was a decent spot for it, but no thrones or elder scrolls to be found here.
    ZvdPKmu.jpg

The way to the left takes you to the workshop/barn area. Woodworking platform to left of workshop, with platform to work on and canopy above. Built an extended roof and supports out to create a stable for the couple mounts I place here (which are kind of creepy btw since they barely move and look like stuffed creatures).
    JOgnids.jpg
    yebmeUo.jpg

Still waiting to earn the vouchers to pick up the last couple crafting stations to add here, but this is where my blacksmithing and clothing stations will go, with the woodworking station outside on the platform I built left of the building. Added some storage shelving and made a ramp for access above the work areas.
    JNHlIMT.jpg

To the left and right of the front porch are my two vendors. Merchant on the left and Banker on the right, with little shop style setups for storage for their work.
    PP6E1G4.jpg
    Rwy8n25.jpg

Inside I tried to divide the building up from areas that are more public gradually moving to more privacy. Being there are only really three rooms, the large bottom room and the top two, with the bedroom up top. So I put the kitchen/dining downstairs, with the library to the side, then a small sitting area above in front of the bedroom. So far I have picked up the alchemy, enchanting and provisioning stations and have the first two in the library to each side and the cooking station in the back room behind the bar (it would not fit in the fireplace and still work unfortunately).
    yGSD5CE.jpg
    k1NjLDL.jpg
    4lT2hzR.jpg
    ozKPGww.jpg

The sitting room above will probably get more added to it as I'm able to craft different pieces, but the setup is solid for now. I have the trophies on display above the bedroom door (didn't want to make something too giant with them, just wanted a nice wall display of them somewhere and this was the best continuous spot inside).
    99xGOsY.jpg
    QH1ID4f.jpg
    3vbOi5n.jpg

The bedroom, nothing fancy here, just a bedroom. The bed was one of my splurges from the store as I haven't been able to find any sign of imperial crafting.
    ojwAm6I.jpg
    nxl6yvK.jpg

The upper deck hasn't been heavily decorated yet. I just have a bench and table out here so far, but I have added some vines and argonian lanterns as some atmosphere until I can add more furniture.
    8l4cFLg.jpg

Edit: I actually put a lot of work into the lighting of the property as well, so maybe I'll add some more shots from night time later.

Added some more night shots and a couple different angles of stuff:

BgSYOFq.jpg
    GC8Mmcu.jpg
    1lDR2iL.jpg
    Rua1lgg.jpg
    ytNpIIw.jpg
    YxwvcnF.jpg
    9dS2Qit.jpg
    0mK8Z8f.jpg
    aibE5rI.jpg
    A0TrWZA.jpg
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to my humble abode: Chateau du Tryxus Imaginos Keep, a walled and remote but nice looking home nonetheless for a loner Assassin/Illusionist like myself :)

Screenshot_20170212_022547_zpscuiblnrk.png

I love to create a beautiful view by showing my creative side and letting my imagination go wild. This is just a start btw :) I have much grander things planned to improve and decorate my courtyard once I find the money and time to do so

Screenshot_20170212_022615_zpsftd08rnu.png

I have to admit though: there was something seriously lacking to Mournoth Keep, but I couldn't place my finger on it. Then it hit me: a large Gargoyle Statue on top of the entrance

Screenshot_20170212_022642_zpsgnamm3ok.png

This little place will be both my treasure vault and my throne room. I'll be placing a throne in the center, a Dragon Shrine altar, a few extra bust and then tidying the place up as well as decorating it with Dark Brotherhood & Vampire themed furnishings. This will be my temple of Shadow & Magic, and to be sure no one will be stealing from it, I have placed a convenient coffin/sleeping place. You do not wish to wake the vampire -w-

Screenshot_20170212_022701_zpscearujfd.png

But just to keep up appearanced, I'll be having a normal bed as well. My plan is to learn all the Breton furnishing plans and fill up the place, and maybe a few "darker" decorations too: stocks, guillotines, floating black soul gems,... trying to create a rather nightmarish house >:)

Screenshot_20170212_022719_zpschvutyv7.png

Hope you enjoyed the tour :) Once I find the gold/crowns/time to continue, this place will be a house you'll love and be afraid of >:)
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of my houses:
    2017_02_12.png

2017_02_12_1.png

• SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People are posting pictures of themselves sleeping on the beds!?!? I didn't know you could sleep. Please someone tell me how to make the character lay down. :o
  • Fishoscandi
    Fishoscandi
    ✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    People are posting pictures of themselves sleeping on the beds!?!? I didn't know you could sleep. Please someone tell me how to make the character lay down. :o

/sleep?
    Fishoscandi - Orc NB
    Cookie of Dough - Dunmer Templar
    Smells Like Tree Spirit - Bosmer Sorc

EU PC

• radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /sleep :smile:
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • Mwnci
    Mwnci
    ✭✭✭
    My home, "The Fell", Bouldertree Refuge.

Balcony:
    U2XFWKn.png

Balcony 2:
    kmORxdq.png

View from Balcony:
    nAKozxY.png

Dining area 1/2:
    zdsVyyk.png

Dining area 2/2:
    mbRf4hO.png

Passage to Library:
    cG1Qm07.png

Outside Library:
    MEpR2VG.png

Chill spot (located under the bridge to the second room):
    zro2U1b.png

My shrine to the Forest Gods:
    MbzNnMS.png

Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin,
    Wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
    Ahrk fin norok paal graan fod nust hon zindro zaan,
    Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!
  • DeusExMachina
    DeusExMachina
    ✭✭✭
    tumblr_ol6z4pdwQj1qdchixo9_1280.png
    tumblr_ol6z4pdwQj1qdchixo3_1280.png
    Mathiisen Manor bought furnished b/c I'm lazy. I'll be adding and replacing stuff with more custom pieces as I can make em :D love this patch.
  • NovaShadow
    NovaShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A humble Imperial abode.

The Courtyard:
    8JY4XFH.png
    d4Ly3qG.png
    YUg9gN7.png

With a Custom Built Deck:
    3KscwR3.png
    9zGH9sf.png

And Future Crafting Hub:
    M0wiSS1.png

The Interior:
    P84UISE.png
    TuuKoE3.png
    vmxycCa.png
    IbqCI3l.png

With a Cherry Blossom & Crystal lighting:
    mbTLz0n.png
    PC NA - EPHS
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    The Ample Domicile, I haven't bought anything with crowns yet, I'll see how far I can get without, lots of nooks still to fill, not done much on the inside yet

P66XmOL.jpg

X1RtmFj.jpg

Oh that's gorgeous! Like all of these.

On day four I got a new shelf, a desk and another pumpkin crafted. Getting there!

How much do trers cost on item limit. I have the small house but large version.

I used 8 trees in total, 3 Ancient Banyan and 5 Twisted Banyan, you buy them at Redfur Trading Post in Grahtwood, they are 25k gold each so the trees actually cost slightly more than the house
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm honestly impressed and envious of the artistic talent many of you have. Great homes. :)
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm honestly impressed and envious of the artistic talent many of you have. Great homes. :)

this :smiley: