Maintenance for the week of August 19:
· PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – August 23,  4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)

*BG MVP* Peace Tank™ - Ultra Tanky Sorc - Troll King - Very Punny - No Shields - LOL. (Wrathstone)

• Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bergzorn wrote: »
    TheValkyn wrote: »
    I tried a build inspired by this a while ago.

It was very funny to pug-tank dungeons by just standing there, taunting once in a while. I remember a CoA II (normal) run with two DD at low CP and a 'healer' below lvl 30 who got constantly one- or twoshotted. The daedroth boss was a bit messy since one of the DDs got locked out of the room. The pressure got so high I had to actively heal myself while light-attacking everything to death.

PvP (no CP) was a different story. Already two decent players were enough to burst me down since the health recovery ticks are to far apart. That is underwhelming for a build that gives up everything for survivability. It would be a different story in a group with incoming heals and pressure on your opponents.

All in all, it was fun to try it out.

Edit: Weapon glyph of hardening should fit the build quite well in Murkmire.

Have you tried this out much since then?

To be honest, it's probably a L2P moment. No one can burst down this build if followed correctly.

That is entirely possible, since I PvPed only a few hours with this build. With burst; I also didn't mean 100 to 0 in two global cooldowns, it was more in like 15-30 sec by 2+ attackers if I remember correctly. I was not able to heal up again. As I said, it was fun to try out but not really my cup of tea.

Well, I am going to try it out.

You should do that.

Also, as an easy way to get a bit more survivability on your current built (like training wheels, it's not really optimal) you can try 3 x protective on jewellery, and slot Temporal Guard frontbar (constant Minor Protection) and Light's Champion backbar (very strong heal and Major Protection when you need it).

High crit resist is a must in CP PvP. It's not that important but still very helpful in no CP.

For most people crit resist is crucial, unless you are on a "block build". I know people with like 1500 crit resist, and full sturdy that can have half a zerg battering them long after every Impregnable armor 6k crit resist guy has gone down. True to a extent, but it all depends.
  • HaakkaPaalle
    HaakkaPaalle
    Soul Shriven
    Would you still suggest Nord as the Race? i know they have added ultimate regen and increased resistances. But how well would an Argonian work with their potion passives or Khajit as the only race to still have Health recovery?
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @TheValkyn

As much as I think these builds are boring AF to play- I do love to theorycraft.

Have you checked out the MagCro's Ravenous Goliath skill?

Become a Ravenous Goliath, increasing your Max Health by 30000 for 20 seconds and immediately restoring 30000 health.
    While transformed, your light attacks restore 199 health and your fully charged heavy attacks restore 499 health. You deal 450 damage to nearby enemies every second and heal for that amount. These abilities scale off your Max Health.

Obviously, everyone's focused on the Pummeling Goliath for a cheese bash build. But I noticed that you like to do high health builds... ;)
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would you still suggest Nord as the Race? i know they have added ultimate regen and increased resistances. But how well would an Argonian work with their potion passives or Khajit as the only race to still have Health recovery?

Armor/Spell resistances translate to health recovery with the new updates to the build since we use Alessian. You could totally use Khajiit. The bonuses are about equal.
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    meh, that immovable nerf.

idk.

smh.
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lylith wrote: »

idk.

smh.

Eh, movement speed is unnecessary. You can already emote at players while they try their hardest to kill you.
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheValkyn wrote: »
    Lylith wrote: »

idk.

smh.

Eh, movement speed is unnecessary. You can already emote at players while they try their hardest to kill you.

true, i just hate that 'snared' feeling. whoever came up with all these neverending snares and stuns and speed nerfs needs to be chained to his desk 24/7 for about 6 months.

let them drag that around everywhere for half a year and really enjoy it.