Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

*BG MVP* Peace Tank™- Ultra Tanky Sorc/Necro- Troll Tank - Very Punny - No Shields - LOL(Stonethorn)

• Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bergzorn wrote: »
    TheValkyn wrote: »
    I tried a build inspired by this a while ago.

It was very funny to pug-tank dungeons by just standing there, taunting once in a while. I remember a CoA II (normal) run with two DD at low CP and a 'healer' below lvl 30 who got constantly one- or twoshotted. The daedroth boss was a bit messy since one of the DDs got locked out of the room. The pressure got so high I had to actively heal myself while light-attacking everything to death.

PvP (no CP) was a different story. Already two decent players were enough to burst me down since the health recovery ticks are to far apart. That is underwhelming for a build that gives up everything for survivability. It would be a different story in a group with incoming heals and pressure on your opponents.

All in all, it was fun to try it out.

Edit: Weapon glyph of hardening should fit the build quite well in Murkmire.

Have you tried this out much since then?

To be honest, it's probably a L2P moment. No one can burst down this build if followed correctly.

That is entirely possible, since I PvPed only a few hours with this build. With burst; I also didn't mean 100 to 0 in two global cooldowns, it was more in like 15-30 sec by 2+ attackers if I remember correctly. I was not able to heal up again. As I said, it was fun to try out but not really my cup of tea.

Well, I am going to try it out.

You should do that.

Also, as an easy way to get a bit more survivability on your current built (like training wheels, it's not really optimal) you can try 3 x protective on jewellery, and slot Temporal Guard frontbar (constant Minor Protection) and Light's Champion backbar (very strong heal and Major Protection when you need it).

High crit resist is a must in CP PvP. It's not that important but still very helpful in no CP.

For most people crit resist is crucial, unless you are on a "block build". I know people with like 1500 crit resist, and full sturdy that can have half a zerg battering them long after every Impregnable armor 6k crit resist guy has gone down. True to a extent, but it all depends.
  • HaakkaPaalle
    HaakkaPaalle
    Soul Shriven
    Would you still suggest Nord as the Race? i know they have added ultimate regen and increased resistances. But how well would an Argonian work with their potion passives or Khajit as the only race to still have Health recovery?
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @TheValkyn

As much as I think these builds are boring AF to play- I do love to theorycraft.

Have you checked out the MagCro's Ravenous Goliath skill?

Become a Ravenous Goliath, increasing your Max Health by 30000 for 20 seconds and immediately restoring 30000 health.
    While transformed, your light attacks restore 199 health and your fully charged heavy attacks restore 499 health. You deal 450 damage to nearby enemies every second and heal for that amount. These abilities scale off your Max Health.

Obviously, everyone's focused on the Pummeling Goliath for a cheese bash build. But I noticed that you like to do high health builds... ;)
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would you still suggest Nord as the Race? i know they have added ultimate regen and increased resistances. But how well would an Argonian work with their potion passives or Khajit as the only race to still have Health recovery?

Armor/Spell resistances translate to health recovery with the new updates to the build since we use Alessian. You could totally use Khajiit. The bonuses are about equal.
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    meh, that immovable nerf.

idk.

smh.
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lylith wrote: »

idk.

smh.

Eh, movement speed is unnecessary. You can already emote at players while they try their hardest to kill you.
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lylith wrote: »

idk.

smh.

Eh, movement speed is unnecessary. You can already emote at players while they try their hardest to kill you.

true, i just hate that 'snared' feeling. whoever came up with all these neverending snares and stuns and speed nerfs needs to be chained to his desk 24/7 for about 6 months.

let them drag that around everywhere for half a year and really enjoy it.
  • BigPoppaSwan
    BigPoppaSwan
    Soul Shriven
    Tried this build again on the new patch and cannot stay alive no matter what I do. Only tried in CP situations but it's like it's missing something
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried this build again on the new patch and cannot stay alive no matter what I do. Only tried in CP situations but it's like it's missing something

The build is missing nothing. It's probably the way it's being played is missing something. :wink:
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would it work to use Robes of the Hist instead of AM?

Using RotH + potion of hindrance & lingering health gives around 3k tooltip healing per second, which is equivalent to 6k HP recovery, just with smaller healing ticks occuring twice as often :)

Or you could drop Hindrance from the potion and instead rely on Immovable for the self snare, to proc RotH.
  • BigPoppaSwan
    BigPoppaSwan
    Soul Shriven

The build is missing nothing. It's probably the way it's being played is missing something. :wink:

I've been using the original build for a year and it worked fine, just seem to be having issues this patch for some unknown reason. Seem to get melted pretty fast Vs several enemies which never happened before.
  • Spearpoint
    Spearpoint
    ✭✭✭
    @TheValkyn Do you still find this setup for the build relevant, after the latest patches?
    Arinwyn ~ Cute Wood Elf Archer
    Wardena ~ Frost Wardeness [Died alongside Arctic Blast]
    Dry Spell ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
    Dark Heart of Skyrim 🍺
    Bomblebee ~ cya'll out there
    Bouncing Betty ~ Front Toward Enemy
    Spearpoint ~ Jab Them With The Pointy End
    Six Feet Above ~ Reapertime!
    Bisolar Disorder - Bright & Moody
    Django Unleashed ~ Mr. Nordic Bather's Towel
    Master Angler ~ Struggles With Ichthyophobia
    Ichthyophobia ~ Secretely Dreams of Becoming a Master Angler
    Lol Brb

"Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." — Queen Ayrenn
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandnessen wrote: »
    @TheValkyn Do you still find this setup for the build relevant, after the latest patches?

@Sandnessen Absolutely still relevant. Until health recovery and dark deal are nerfed you're good to go.

Gear bonuses should be troll king, allessia's order and fortified brass. Swap immoveable for hurricane.
  • Spearpoint
    Spearpoint
    ✭✭✭
    @TheValkyn Aha, great! Awesome work on all of this, and thanks for the update!
    Dry Spell ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
    Dark Heart of Skyrim 🍺
    Lol Brb

"Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." — Queen Ayrenn
  • GoodFella146
    GoodFella146
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TheValkyn

You mention this:
    "Unrelenting prison (I do it for the breaches)"

What is that?
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TheValkyn

You mention this:
    "Unrelenting prison (I do it for the breaches)"

What is that?

@GoodFella146 It's a mistake lol. It should say restraining prison which is a morph of encase.
  • adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I put this together cause I was bored and have to say it’s a lot of fun against a smaller group, like less than 5 opponents.

When I face a Zerg with this the damage output overwhelms the health recovery and I get rolled.

Am I missing something or just bad at playing this setup?

It’s still a really great setup and thank you for sharing.
    Ray
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    adirondack wrote: »
    I put this together cause I was bored and have to say it’s a lot of fun against a smaller group, like less than 5 opponents.

When I face a Zerg with this the damage output overwhelms the health recovery and I get rolled.

Am I missing something or just bad at playing this setup?

It’s still a really great setup and thank you for sharing.

If you're getting zerged you'll want to use dark deal and gain line of site or dodge roll. Nothing is going to save you against an entire zerg without those strategies.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This looks like a lot of fun and I just wanted to start a Sorcerer so... here I come. Thank you!
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    This looks like a lot of fun and I just wanted to start a Sorcerer so... here I come. Thank you!

No problem! Enjoy! Post here if you have questions.
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is what happens when dots and defiles are gutted, this kind of cheese.
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheFM wrote: »

@TheFM This has nothing to do with any kind of nerfs or refactors. This build has existed since 2016 with nearly zero updates.
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@TheFM This has nothing to do with any kind of nerfs or refactors. This build has existed since 2016 with nearly zero updates.

And it was much easier to deal with before they nerfed defiles and pre elsweyr dots into oblivion. Now it's just stuff like this everywhere, but twenty of them so they do any damage.
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And it was much easier to deal with before they nerfed defiles and pre elsweyr dots into oblivion. Now it's just stuff like this everywhere, but twenty of them so they do any damage.

@TheFM

Defile used to not affect health recovery which was why it was so strong. Even now it's still strong. Also, this build was never "easier to deal with". It's always been super tough.
  • Spearpoint
    Spearpoint
    ✭✭✭
    I used to run this on my first sorc, due to this guide, and it was extremely fun, indeed :D

Are there many things you would change when using a DK instead?

Thanks for continuing to support this build, btw!
    Dry Spell ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
    Dark Heart of Skyrim 🍺
    Lol Brb

• TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spearpoint wrote: »
    I used to run this on my first sorc, due to this guide, and it was extremely fun, indeed :D

Are there many things you would change when using a DK instead?

Thanks for continuing to support this build, btw!

The core of the build wouldn’t change. The play style definitely would though since DKs do not have the insane resource recovery that sorc has.
  • Spearpoint
    Spearpoint
    ✭✭✭
    Hey again @TheValkyn

Would you care the update this fun build to the current patch (or the next, thats up to you!), if you have the time?

Dry Spell ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
    Dark Heart of Skyrim 🍺
    Lol Brb

• TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spearpoint wrote: »
    Hey again @TheValkyn

Would you care the update this fun build to the current patch (or the next, thats up to you!), if you have the time?

Updated for Greymoor.

I moved to console a few months back. I’ll update this week if anything changes but let’s be honest this build has seen very few changes in the last 3 years.
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated for Stonethorn.

Gear sets for necro:
    Stonekeeper
    Harbinger
    Crimson
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But I dont wanna get any new sets.... Lol

Is crimson really the best choice? I dont have it... I dont have any of like the last 5 dlcs or latest chapter

Do have a ton of gold tho...

Is crimson buyable or is like that watcher set viable? (Havent used it myself either)

Btw I some how missed this thread for years. Wish I could have collaborated with you this whole time
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds