The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Are we getting more Character Slots with Vvardenfell Expansion? Edit: Answered!

• He11cat
    He11cat
    ✭✭
    1 free slot with purchase of DLC, and 2 more from the crown store. 1 of each class in each faction = my OCD happy
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    For the late comers.

ZOS_GinaBruno wrote: »
    To confirm, we do plan on adding the option to purchase two additional character slots from the Crown Store when we release Morrowind in June.
    PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
    PC NA: KaktusKing
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    In my opinion we shouldn't have a limit on bought character slots.

If someone wants to buy a ton of slots to have characters of all possible combinations of sex, class, race and main attribute, let them go for it.

There are practical reasons to limit it (to an extent.) I remember with Star Trek Online, there was a player who kept expanding their bridge crew roster (NPCs you could take with you on stories) until they had enough to fully staff their ship (they were flying an assault cruiser, I think, so ~800)...

...and the database broke, horrifically.

After that, Cryptic capped the Bridge officers and character slots to 128 or something like that (I don't remember the exact cap.)

So, while there is a reason to limit the number of slots you can buy, 12 total is shockingly low, and it probably should be someplace in the crazy range, like 60 or 120. Even if only 3 people ever buy that many slots, it means the rest of us don't have to worry about capping off, and being unable to play new classes, or re-experiencing the old content again.

I've been at the character limit on STO for ages. I was never interested in capping the Boff cap though, but I can tell you that being at the character cap of STO was annoying. Granted, I don't really play the game anymore to speak of, but when I do I've got a huge laundry list to pick from :P I earned those characters, I refuse to delete them.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>