The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Are we getting more Character Slots with Vvardenfell Expansion? Edit: Answered!

• Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MOAR character slots please
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never been a huge proponent of class changes in ESO, but if they're going to introduce a whole new class, I think they really should institute it.

I'd be fine with a one-time-only option. Heck, I'd be fine with "you can only change to Warden."

(BTW, I know this is a "character slots" thread, but the mods decided to shut down the "class change" thread and redirect us to here. Who am I to argue with their wisdom?

That's really all people are asking for, to be honest.

If I'm buying the expansion chapter, I want to be able to acutally use the content, including the new class. So it should come with at least one "training manual" or similar token to change a character to that new class. Although I think it should be free because I'm already paying for the expansion chapter, I wouldn't even be terribly upset if it was a Crown Store item. But they have to find a solution to this.

"Only new characters can use this" is not fun, and not in the spirit established with One Tamriel.
    Edited by Faulgor on February 1, 2017 5:22AM
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • EvilCroc
    EvilCroc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    20 character slots will satisfy me completely. 16 as compromise. 12 in not enough!
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lets see.
    • 12 slots used
    • 2x DK
    • 2x Sorc
    • 2x NB
    • 6x templar mules

If we get more stash, I could easily survive with 12 char slots. But if I were Zos, I would sell 3 more slots, and ppl would buy them. That way I would add 2 more Wardens and one more templar mule.

Also, what I would adore is an option to rearrange char positions in meny. I fail to comprehend why we don't have such a simple option that is present in almost every game nowadays.
  • miteba
    miteba
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »
    Also, what I would adore is an option to rearrange char positions in meny. I fail to comprehend why we don't have such a simple option that is present in almost every game nowadays.

Totally agree!
    +1

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have ten (10) active characters with two (2) open slots for a newly rolled warden character.

Clearly, no additional character slots are needed. :trollface:
  • EvilCroc
    EvilCroc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have ten (10) active characters with two (2) open slots for a newly rolled warden character.

Clearly, no additional character slots are needed. :trollface:

I'll see you there when ZOS will announce one more character class.
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like some official word on this aswell, I already have 12 characters :/

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • AmakarGranaen
    AmakarGranaen
    ✭✭✭
    we most definitely NEED more character slots!

ok3D3Fu.gif
    Cthulhu is coming, look busy
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we please get an answer to this?
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert

It would be really bad if we had to delete one of our 12 fully maxed character just to play the new class.
    Just offer some more slots in the Crown Store and 99% will be happy!
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • HertogJan71
    HertogJan71
    ✭✭
    More free slots are needed (at least 3). But please, don't (ever) add class change tokens, because it will destroy the game when from minute 1 it is overcrowded with level 50 high cp Wardens. Just level them like you should, it absolutely will be more fun.

And please add a sorting tool to the character selection screen (i.e. time played, class, alliance, name, ...)
    Edited by HertogJan71 on February 1, 2017 11:38AM
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Only 3% of players have maxed their character slots, so clearly there is no need for more character slots."

I predict 3 more slots added (allowing three versions of each of the five classes - 3 x 5 = 15. This fits with the current limit of 12 slots for 4 classes - 3 x 4 = 12).

What I would like is a warden NPC based on Vardenfall (sic) who can convert characters to the warden class. So class change could only be to warden, and is only available to people with the DLC. I would like it, but I predict there will not be a class change option.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • karldavy149b16_ESO
    karldavy149b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    In my opinion we shouldn't have a limit on bought character slots.

If someone wants to buy a ton of slots to have characters of all possible combinations of sex, class, race and main attribute, let them go for it.

agreed but server space dude ... every toon takes up x server space so there will always be a limit on how many toons we can have
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More free slots are needed (at least 3). But please, don't (ever) add class change tokens, because it will destroy the game when from minute 1 it is overcrowded with level 50 high cp Wardens. Just level them like you should, it absolutely will be more fun.

And please add a sorting tool to the character selection screen (i.e. time played, class, alliance, name, ...)

How do high level Wardens destroy the game?
    Who are you to say how a character should be played?
    How is starting all over with a 3 year old character, getting all skill lines - mage's guild, alliance, undaunted, werewolf, legerdemain -, all skyshards, all crafting research, motif knowledge, mount training, achievements, etc again more fun?

In other games where a max level character is actually maxed out this might work. In ESO it will be a nightmare.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • NetflixNChiill
    I think that they should give at least 1 free character slot. With purchase of the expansion (and also allow you to purchase more than the current cap right now)
  • SickDuck
    SickDuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also hope we get at least 2 new character slots included in the expansion price. From my dozen I could only kill 1 and even that would not give me back the money on backpacks or the time on riding lessons.
    Holdviola - Khira'de Regalo - Lélekvadász - Used To Be An Adventurer - Zetor - Does-Not-Give-A-Duck - Lord Sugar - Tenar Arha - Da'rinka - Violent Moon - Extreme Runner
  • Dalglish
    Dalglish
    ✭✭✭
    Jim_Pipp wrote: »
    "Only 3% of players have maxed their character slots, so clearly there is no need for more character slots."

I predict 3 more slots added (allowing three versions of each of the five classes - 3 x 5 = 15. This fits with the current limit of 12 slots for 4 classes - 3 x 4 = 12).

What I would like is a warden NPC based on Vardenfall (sic) who can convert characters to the warden class. So class change could only be to warden, and is only available to people with the DLC. I would like it, but I predict there will not be a class change option.

It's more like 2 per class = 8 (the limit before crowns are needed). There should be 10 standard without any cost to cater for this 'expansion'.

It would be kinda bad to not 'expand' the current limits and at least give the 2 per class as standard then add however many Crown increases (why it's limited I am not too sure).
    Victrix EU - EP & AD -
    Xbox EU - DalglishUK
  • stevenbennett_ESO
    stevenbennett_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Also would like more character slots. They don't need to be free, IMHO - just purchasable through the crown store would be fine. Four more to bring it to an even 16 would be perfect.

That said, if you're going to add more character slots it would REALLY be nice to have a way to reorder the list.
  • Nic727
    Nic727
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want class change token. I don't want to start over, but here is my suggestion.

When we change class, it give you all points you had with the other class, but you have 0 experience in class specific skills. If you return to your "old" class, it give you all points again, but you have all the experience you had before in each skills.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just commenting to add my voice/vote to the plea for additional character slots!

PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE WITH A CHERRY ON TOP!
  • Cerbolt
    Cerbolt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I still have 3 character slots left so space isn't an issue for me. But I'd rather not have to start another character from scratch. The only way I'lll play warden is if I can change my main to it.
    AD - For the Queen!
    PSEU: Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade | Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Magplar | Ra'ban - Khajiit MagDK | Gaelhwen - Bosmer Stamden

PCEU: Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Stamplar | Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE, while I certainly respect the reason for closing another thread on this and directing people here, could you please shed some light on this, or, you know, at least ask one of the devs or @ZOS_GinaBruno, to let us know what's happening to/for players with 12/12 characters?
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I also got sent here after my thread was locked (logically to prevent duplicates) but, no answers :/.

My issue was pertaining to bank space as well. Given this game has gotten much more mule orientated especially after the bound items have come in, and this 'expansion' is going to no doubt have more sets and various items to store ... will we finally get some sort of worth while storage?

Like racks for sets or increased bank space?

It's not just the character limit, it is also the inventory limit that is holding me back from pre-order. It's like the game has hit the max for me because there isn't much I can do with the space I have.
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer
    To confirm, we do plan on adding the option to purchase two additional character slots from the Crown Store when we release Morrowind in June.

Sadly only 2 more slots and not 3 :(
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DPShiro wrote: »
    Answer
    To confirm, we do plan on adding the option to purchase two additional character slots from the Crown Store when we release Morrowind in June.

Thank you thank you thank you for sharing this here on this thread... such a relief! 2 is better than nothing (3 would be awesome though).
    Edited by Khenarthi on February 1, 2017 6:14PM
    PC-EU
  • wildbear247
    wildbear247
    ✭✭✭
    This is a repost as the original thread I posted in was closed for duplication and I was redirected here.

Having additional character slots is cool, but I think for many players it's only a partial solution. ESO could really use a class change feature. I'd be fine if ZOS charged crowns for it so they get some monetary compensation. Right now I have my main character that I've completed most of the game on (main story, Cadwell quests, DLC stories, collected all skyshards, max Undaunted, high Alliance rank, Mages Guild, Fighters Guild, etc.). I think creating another character and "power grinding" your way to max level just to enjoy another class is way too restrictive and time consuming...I've completed the entire story and while it was enjoyable I have no desire to play through it again. I've ventured down the "power grind" path with my crafter and frankly it's mind numbing and not very fun...generally just trying to speed through everything to get the achievements that I've already unlocked on my main.

Couple of things to consider regarding class change:
    1) FOTM builds:
    There are some who might argue that it would foster a community of FOTM builds, in which everyone shifts to the class and race combo that is considered the "most powerful" for that patch window. I don't think this applies to the casual player though. I'm more of a casual player and I login to ESO to have fun and don't really care about my leaderboard stats or if I'm dominating everyone in Cyrodiil. I just want to continue to use my main character but have some fun trying out a different class. If FOTM builds due to class change is really a concern there could be ways to address that (e.g. increasing the cost in the Crown Store and/or in game gold). Plus as another player mentioned, people who migrate to FOTM class/set combos likely already have a lot of characters alts they shift to every patch to remain in the power curve.
    2) Implementation:
    The question has arisen as to how class skill levels would be handled during a class change. One way to handle this would be to have a system that counts the number of skills you have maxed on your current class and allows you to max the same number on your new class (kinda like assigning a skill point, you would be able to pick the skills you wanted to max). This could be extended to encompass class skill ranks, skill morphs, etc. This is just a quick idea. My main point here is it's not an unsolvable problem.

In general, giving players more options and flexibility to enjoy ESO on their own terms is a VERY good thing. For example ZOS adding the combat numbers feature was a good thing...especially because they gave players the option to turn it off. We as players should be wary of taking a stance towards other players of "I don't want you to have that option.", especially if having a certain option would appeal to a large number of players and doesn't impinge on our own ESO adventures.
    PC NA
    The Ironwood Clan (all DC): Karbal Ironwood (Stamblade, PvP); Galtan Ironwood (Magblade, crafter, PvE, some PvP)

MY #1 ESO REQUEST: An overhauled way in which ZOS gathers, assesses, responds to, and incorporates player feedback on the current and future state of the game.
  • MyKillv2.0
    MyKillv2.0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am surprised that Zo$ doesn't offer this service in all honesty. Admittingly, the process probably is more difficult than I imagine but I would think they would make bank off FOTM boys who would change their class every patch to be the race/class that their favorite steamer tells them is the most "meta" ATM.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    no answer??
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DPShiro wrote: »
    Answer

altemriel wrote: »
    no answer??

^^

~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG 2 WARDENS HYPE!
    Stam and Mag Warden. OP. O.M.G. H.Y.P.E intensifies.

Too bad it will literally be the same PvE builds as everything else..................
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade