The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

has anyone found blueprints and crafted their own furniture?

Myyth
Myyth
✭✭✭✭✭
Now that the PTS has been up for several weeks and testers have had a chance to collect furniture blueprints has anyone crafted any furniture? Can you share your crafting experiences? I am curious what to expect when housing goes live. I am hoping to furnish my home with crafted furniture.
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've looted furniture blueprints from containers in both Cyrodiil and pve areas, also the furnishing materials in both areas. I found it a bit frustrating to start with as I often didn't have enough of the new furnishing mats to craft and ended up making a template character, this may only be an issue at the launch of homestead as we will gradually acquire a stockpile of mats.

Also, I pickpocketed a couple of furnishing items, a fishing rod from a fisher woman in Greenshade, and a breton cup from another npc in Auridon, these were items that could be placed without crafting, I didn't launder them.
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!

I have looted Furniture Patterns (all crafting types) from:
    • pickpocketing
    • furniture/urns/backpacks (stealing and non-stealing)
    • killing humanoids (not citizens though - just hostiles)
    Other sources of Furniture Patterns:
    • small selection on Clothier/Smith/Carpenter
    • random Purple from the 10 writ voucher package on the Mastercraft NPC
    There are other sources of furnishings too:

I have pickpocketed furnishing items (which can be laundered and traded):
    • Breton Mug, Full (Drunkard)
    • Lesser Soul Gem, Empty (Mage)
    • Bounty Sheet: Breton Man (Guard)
    • Rough Bread, Morsel (Beggar) - I stole his dinner and felt SO bad!
    • Rough Rod, Fishing (Fisher)
    • Rough Spear, Fishing (Fisher)
    • Bottle, Liquor (Drunkard)
    • Bounty Sheet: Breton Woman (Guard)
    • Mushrooms, Poison Pax Group (Alchemist)

I stole from a trunk: Orcish Carpet, Blood

Fishing and Shadowy Supplier also have furnishings.

Edited by Mix on January 29, 2017 4:01PM
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Myyth wrote: »
    I am hoping to furnish my home with crafted furniture.

Be prepared for a long grind, as over 1100 crafting plans exist and they range from a single Fork, to a Canopy Bed, and a multitude of misc decorative items, wheelbarrows, buckets, painting brush. etc.

So 1100 possible RNG drops. (each race has its own version of each item to be crafted, and RNG will have all of them).

So if RNG is truly random the odds less than 1100 /1 you get something you want or need, as there are more decorative items than furniture items.

1 large bed for each race, but also 1 fork, and 1 spoon, and 1 cup for each race.

See here for lists of plans: http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Furnishing+Crafting
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • alu-fleurb16_ESO
    alu-fleurb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    Yes!

I have looted Furniture Patterns (all crafting types) from:
    • pickpocketing
    • furniture/urns/backpacks (stealing and non-stealing)
    • killing humanoids (not citizens though - just hostiles)
    Other sources of Furniture Patterns:
    • small selection on Clothier/Smith/Carpenter
    • random Purple from the 10 writ voucher package on the Mastercraft NPC

I stole from a trunk: Orcish Carpet, Blood

a bit ot but can u explain how to recognize a stolen item that can be used as furniture??? seems like i never found one so far..

back to topic:

not a single npc gave a plan to me, neither neutral (pickpocketting & murdering) nor hostile (just killing ^^)
    the plans i found were to 100% in furniture, bags, urns and so on ... 99% stolen
    and ill spend so much time farming the new mats because of the shi... droprate i experienced.
    means ill have a really nice but empty home for quite a while. the item prices of furniture in the crownstore is totally insane.
    but! the things u can do in the garden with plants/trees/scrubs for little money is cool!
    also if u have a char that has played through the complete game - means all quests, zone-stories and mainstory u can get a lot of cool stuff too - for gold of course but unique pieces (achievement related), i love them already and cant wait to get stated!
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    majulook wrote: »
    So 1100 possible RNG drops. (each race has its own version of each item to be crafted, and RNG will have all of them).

So if RNG is truly random the odds less than 1100 /1 you get something you want or need, as there are more decorative items than furniture items.

Not strictly true as I believe it was mentioned that you get better odds of a specific race's plans being dropped in that race's zone. So Breton plans drop more often in Breton zones, Dunmer in Dunmer zones, Nord in Nord zones, etc.
    Edited by Glurin on January 29, 2017 7:02PM
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • alu-fleurb16_ESO
    alu-fleurb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    i tried that out... no luck it was totally random. i picked a breton map and got orc, argonain and nord style....
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Be prepared for a long grind, as over 1100 crafting plans exist and they range from a single Fork, to a Canopy Bed, and a multitude of misc decorative items, wheelbarrows, buckets, painting brush. etc.

1 large bed for each race, but also 1 fork, and 1 spoon, and 1 cup for each race.

See here for lists of plans: http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Furnishing+Crafting

The only way to decorate a house with crafted furniture is to buy all the blueprints you need from guild traders. Farming them yourself would take years.

They should have made the blueprints category specific rather than item specific. But we all know the only reason they did it this way was so that people get frustrated and turn to the crown store.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on January 29, 2017 8:55PM
  • Myyth
    Myyth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am a little confused. Currently we can pickpocket items that are labeled as "furnishing" but have no use except to launder and sell for gold.
    Are you saying that all of the currently existing stolen furnishing items will be able to be used as furniture when housing goes live? Or did they add a bunch of new stolen items that can be used as furniture? that would fun if you could steal your decorations.

Edited by Myyth on January 29, 2017 9:01PM
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am a little confused. Currently we can pickpocket items that are labeled as "furnishing" but have no use except to launder and sell for gold.
    Are you saying that all of the currently existing stolen furnishing items will be able to be used as furniture when housing goes live? Or did they add a bunch of new stolen items that can be used as furniture? that would fun if you could steal your decorations.

1. The items you pick pocket and are labeled as "furnishing" can only be fenced or sold. They cannot be used in housing.
    2. All of the currently stolen furnishing items cannot be used in housing.
    3. When housing is available some items that can be purchased from specific merchants.
    4. You can steal, pickpocket, purchase plans to make furnishing items.
    5. You can buy items in the crown store.
    Edited by majulook on January 30, 2017 12:33AM
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glurin wrote: »
    Not strictly true as I believe it was mentioned that you get better odds of a specific race's plans being dropped in that race's zone. So Breton plans drop more often in Breton zones, Dunmer in Dunmer zones, Nord in Nord zones, etc.

That is not how it is currently on PTS. I have gotten DC "plans" in EP zones, and AD "plans" in DC zones.

• alu-fleurb16_ESO
    alu-fleurb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

1. The items you pick pocket and are labeled as "furnishing" can only be fenced or sold. They cannot be used in housing.
    3. When housing is available some items that can be purchased from specific merchants.

you are just guessing @majulook but @Myyth and i are interested in an answer from @Mix for he/she is the one who actually seems to have found stuff by stealing from npc what is considered furniture on the pts now...
    so pls... stop guessing!
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I went to one of my guildies homes today, furnished entirely with furniture motifs that she had looted and some achievement items, I was very impressed :smile:
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a bit ot but can u explain how to recognize a stolen item that can be used as furniture??? seems like i never found one so far..

They will appear in the Furnishings tab of your inventory, here's a tooltip from a stolen furnishing

NoYkEvh.png

PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
  • Myyth
    Myyth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They will appear in the Furnishings tab of your inventory, here's a tooltip from a stolen furnishing

NoYkEvh.png

Thats really cool, so you can furnish your home with stolen items

I guess considering how hard it is to get blueprints this help decorate a home
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How does this work?

I was looking for a maste rlist of the fishing furnishings, but found none. Would nice to see the entire selection, so you know what to aim for.

And shadowy supplier, on the PTS i didn't see any options, which one do you select to possibly get the furnishings?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

On the plus side we have something which everyone can partake in to move gold around the economy again, recipes have mostly dried up for this.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you are just guessing @majulook but @Myyth and i are interested in an answer from @Mix for he/she is the one who actually seems to have found stuff by stealing from npc what is considered furniture on the pts now...
    so pls... stop guessing!

I am basing my response on. My LIVE character that was brought over to PTS had pickpocket and stolen items that I laundered and could not use in housing.
  • alu-fleurb16_ESO
    alu-fleurb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

so pls... stop guessing!

I am basing my response on. My LIVE character that was brought over to PTS had pickpocket and stolen items that I laundered and could not use in housing.

surprise!! we all use our copied live characters ( and/or templates) ^^ and when u scroll up here ull see a stolen item that can be used as furniture.
    thanks @tribbsb16_ESO for sharing this!!
    Edited by alu-fleurb16_ESO on January 30, 2017 5:35PM
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭

so pls... stop guessing!

surprise!! we all use our copied live characters ( and/or templates) ^^ and when u scroll up here ull see a stolen item that can be used as furniture.
    thanks @tribbsb16_ESO for sharing this!!

Were they stolen, pickpocket on live? I could not use mine that were for housing.
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Were they stolen, pickpocket on live? I could not use mine that were for housing.

I got the items on PTS
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I got the items on PTS

So has anyone been able to use stolen items brought over from Live to PTS fro housing items??
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, this thread exploded!

@tribbsb16_ESO has it right; if the item is tagged in the upper left as a Furnishing then you can use it. If it is tagged in the flavour text as furnishing that is a classification for Thieves Guild quests. Those items are called "treasures" in the upper left of the tooltip.

The Shadowy Supplier has a chance to give you a furnishing item instead of the item from the option you chose. She has three options (same as Live) of toxins, less noticeable, and equipment. So far I think the furnishings items are specific to the option chosen (I am still gathering data).

Toxins: may award Poisoned Blood instead of the alchemy mats
    Less Noticeable: may award Candles of Silence (3 red wax candles on bottles, as seen in the Sanctuary) or Light and Shadow (not 100% sure about the final effects for this item but it is a candle on a skull, pre 2.7.3 it had a really neat black void effect but then it vanished when they "fixed" the way the light worked as there was no visible difference between light/extinguish for the item. Waiting on today's patch to see if the black void effect is back - because it was so awesome!)
    Equipment: may award Sacrificial Heart instead of equipment

Fishing:

I honestly haven't done a whole lot of testing because of the nature of fishing, but I did fish up the following:

Coral, Sun: Salt water
    Kelp, Lush Pile: Foul water
    Fish, Bass: Lake water

In Dominoid's Spreadsheet you can see some items that are guessed to come from fishing:
    • Anchor
    • Coral, Antler Shrub
    • Coral, Antler Tree
    • Coral, Crown
    • Coral, Sun
    • Fish, Bass
    • Fish, Large
    • Fish, Medium
    • Fish, Salmon
    • Fish, Small
    • Fish, Trout
    • Ocean Antler Coral
    • Sea Sponge
    • Seashell, Noble Starfish
    • Seashell, Pink Scallop
    • Seashell, Sandcake
    • Seashell, Starfish
    • Seashell, White Scallop
    • Stonefalls Coral

When this goes Live and more people are fishing I am sure we can get a good confirmed list going:)
  • alu-fleurb16_ESO
    alu-fleurb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    god damn it... corals and seashells.... i hate fishing soooo much... mb i can employ a passionate fisher to get them for me o:)
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @alu-fleurb16_ESO I forgot to check when I fished them up if they were bound but I don't think they would be. Gives fishers a chance to sell items they don't want or already have. (I'll try to remember to test it this week)
  • alu-fleurb16_ESO
    alu-fleurb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    was that an offer?? @Mix o:)
  • Myyth
    Myyth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how about crafting furniture? has it been hard to collect the materials to craft furniture? is it expensive?
  • alu-fleurb16_ESO
    alu-fleurb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

I got the items on PTS

So has anyone been able to use stolen items brought over from Live to PTS fro housing items??

u still dont get it, right???? they are a "new" generation of items. it doesnt matter if u stole some stuff now on live and brought it with ur character copy to the pts or stole stuff just on pts.... they are different from the items u can "just" steal.

and after killing the population of a whole country i found my first stolen furniture item!!! yeepieee!!
    its a blue quality "signed contract" belonging to the category "library" :p
  • Myyth
    Myyth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and after killing the population of a whole country i found my first stolen furniture item!!! yeepieee!!
    its a blue quality "signed contract" belonging to the category "library" :p

congrats :) what was your bounty?
    because if a killling spree is needed then I think I have finally found a use for my Grand Amnesty Edict
    http://esoitem.uesp.net/itemLink.php?itemid=73753
    none shall be safe!
    If anyone asks why I did it, I will simply say "to furnish my home."
  • alu-fleurb16_ESO
    alu-fleurb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    bounty????? ZERO of course....im sneaky hahahahaaha and i guess i have eyes in the back of my head, but im not sure o:)
  • Myyth
    Myyth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bounty????? ZERO of course....im sneaky hahahahaaha and i guess i have eyes in the back of my head, but im not sure o:)

Do you have to pickpocket or use the blade of woe to get the stolen items dropped? Or can you just murder NPC and get stolen drops?