The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

has anyone found blueprints and crafted their own furniture?

• Kazya
    Kazya
    ✭✭✭
    I actually got the signed contract when stealing from a desk. So I would guess that there's a chance to get furnishing items from stealing, pickpocketing and killing. But that's just a guess :)
    Mother Earth and Father Night gives me comfort, protection and shelter every step I take.
    Brother Sun gives me the warmth I need, while Sister Moon lit my path so I don't get lost.
    Auntie Life follows me on my journey until Uncle Death sing me the last lullaby.
    /C.O 20121122
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As of 2.7.4 Pickpocketing seems to have suffered a big drop is chance at Furnishing related items (patterns or furnishings themselves). If you are on the PTS I would avoid Pickpocketing for now...

1000 Pockets picked: 3 furnishing related items (two patterns and 1 furnishing)

In 2.7.3 I did a smaller sample set but out of 200 pockets picked I got 5 furnishing related items.

For "Stolen" items you can Pickpocket, Blade of Woe or Outright Murder npcs, however with Pickpocket you can get up to 3 items (1 per pocket pick) and with Blade of Woe or Outright Murder you usually are capped at 1 item and sometimes get no loot at all. I am not sure how the loot "pool" works for npcs but assuming they spawn with a given inventory then killing them gives you at least 1/3 the chance at an item and likely less than that given you don't always get loot with killing npcs.

Adding to our list:

I stole Common Inkwell, Practical from a Desk in Mournhold:)
    Edited by Mix on January 31, 2017 11:33PM
  • Totes-Bode
    Totes-Bode
    ✭✭✭
    I stole some furnishing blueprints from containers in towns. I appreciate you pointing out that you got the pickpocketed furnishings. It's neat that they placed appropriate items on npcs with corresponding community roles.
  • alu-fleurb16_ESO
    alu-fleurb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Myyth wrote: »
    bounty????? ZERO of course....im sneaky hahahahaaha and i guess i have eyes in the back of my head, but im not sure o:)

Do you have to pickpocket or use the blade of woe to get the stolen items dropped? Or can you just murder NPC and get stolen drops?

depending on the difficulty to pickpocket a npc i do so 1-2 times before i use the blade of woe, so i get 2-3 items from each npc i "meet" :D
    i only "woe" npc immediatly if someone else is approaching the same npc to kill it before me which i really hate, these are disgusting ppl....
  • Myyth
    Myyth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So how goes the crafting of furniture?

What furniture have you crafted? Was it hard to collect the materials or expensive?