The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

Fixed Skill?: Daedric Prey % Damage increase stacking from multiple casters

Erasure
Erasure
✭✭✭
Context: Daedric Prey curse applies 55% increased damage to caster's Summoned being damage. Familiar Damage Pulse is newly (as of 2.7.0) able to be increased by this buff.

Observations: Non-updated Familiar mechanics behave as expected in the presence of Daedric Prey: Only the caster's own Prey increases the damage of summons owned by said caster. Tested skills with this behavior: Greater Storm Atronach, Twilight Matriarch, Twilight Tormentor, Volatile Familiar Melee.

Updated Familiar Damage Pulse incorrectly allows multiple players to boost output damage.
Single-Prey-caster parse: Max Familiar damage 19,408
tC3Fr.jpg

Multiple-Prey-caster parse: Max Familiar damage 25,957. Identical gearing and rotation.
tC43I.jpg

Single-Prey-caster parse: Max familiar damage 25,711. Raid buffs used. Overall damage increased 30%
tC4ro.jpg

So, with only two players you can boost this skill by as much as Warhorn, Combat Prayer, and Guard for the duration would grant. What about with four Daedric Prey casters? Eight? Twelve? More? Damage vs. Player targets was not tested, but is highly relevant. If this behavior works in Cyrodiil and reaches Live, a lone scamp and a few tenders will be able to one-shot whatever player they please.

Needless to say, this would alter class balance and leaderboard times in PvE detrimentally as well.

Hoped-for fix: Correction of Familiar Damage Pulse to standard behavior; owner's curse may buff it, but no others.
Alternate hoped-for: Others may cast Prey for your benefit, but no stacking allowed. Ideal situation for group play.
Edited by Erasure on February 7, 2017 6:11AM
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! ZOS was not kidding about the pet buffs.

I can already see the sorcerer zerg squad running with necropotence, pets and daedric prey. :D
    They might even be viable for vet tirals now.
    Edited by Sinolai on January 27, 2017 8:23AM
  • covenant_merchant
    covenant_merchant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gj ZOS
    giphy_16.gif

• Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    @ZOS_GinaBruno this needs immediate fixing. Unless it is working as intended :trollface:
    Edited by Alcast on January 27, 2017 8:35AM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't even say "pets are finally viable", because their damage (with only one sorc) are finally good now without this bug.

I hope it will be fixed.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So pet sorc zerg in pvp?

Basically get 4 sorc to cast curse on 1 target = instant death?
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Wizball1987
    Wizball1987
    ✭✭✭
    Bah :)
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As always, special team creates more problems than resolves with their idiotic position of infinite buffing.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fix this please.
    I think it makes sense, that my daedric prey buffs the pet damage of another Sorcerer who doesn't use daedric prey himself.

But it should not stack :)
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    I think it makes sense, that my daedric prey buffs the pet damage of another Sorcerer who doesn't use daedric prey himself.

Agreed, it make sense.
    Perhaps make a new debuff who allow pets to deal more damage on the target ? Sorc support would benefit from it, while dps won't gain too much.
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    RoyJade wrote: »
    I can't even say "pets are finally viable", because their damage (with only one sorc) are finally good now without this bug.

I hope it will be fixed.

Even if they are going to have good damage... the main issue still remains... AI.... we tested pet in a raid.

1. Pet ran AWAY from boss
    2. Pet got stuck in wall
    3. Pet did not attack at all
    4. Pet does not listen to commands half the time.

https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed, it make sense.
    Perhaps make a new debuff who allow pets to deal more damage on the target ? Sorc support would benefit from it, while dps won't gain too much.

And even more important, make it unpurgeable :)
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pet builds in trials won't work. Pet builds in PvP will work, but will die just as quick in zerg-v-zerg fights. Fix the glitch so it only buffs the caster's pet damage and leave deadric curse as purgeable. Next you'll all be demanding CC immunity for pets.
    The Legendary Nothing
  • Fatalyis
    Fatalyis
    ✭✭✭✭
    No one is surprised by this...at all...
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    Even if they are going to have good damage... the main issue still remains... AI.... we tested pet in a raid.

2. Pet got stuck in wall

I can't even say that I'm surprised either…
    Thanks for the test and for the confirmation. I'll stick with my actual build then, except for some "joke" raid.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was hoping a 12 Sorc scamp raid would be viable... oh well.. :disappointed:
    Playing since beta...
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping a 12 Sorc scamp raid would be viable... oh well.. :disappointed:

Honestly, it work. We've tried vet Hel Ra with 11 sorc, a DK tank and 22 pets, it work well. It's not for leaderboard, but still it work.
  • Foxic
    Foxic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the atro also gets affected by stacking curses?
    Mechanically Challenged, PCNA competitive raid guild

Head of The Council of Raiders

First NA vAS Hardmode(#2 world)

World First Immortal Redeemer & Saintly Savior

All #1 Trial scores Clockwork City patch

• Erasure
    Erasure
    ✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »

I hope it will be fixed.

2. Pet got stuck in wall

If you don't mind, what situations were 1-4 in?

Issues I have noticed:
    • Scamp must be resummoned for 2nd Trash pull in vMoL or it may not aggro
    • Scamp does not change targets well at Vashai and S'kinrai. This, combined with the Stun on its attacks and Vashai's Negate killing it reliably, makes the spec worth dropping for fighting the twins
    • Scamp reliably executed by World Shaper at The Serpent, with difficult maneuvers required to exit early enough for it to come with you (set passive, sprint, hope it gets out of radius).
    • Familiars are granted valuable player buffs like Spell Power Cure. Needs correcting.

On the flip side, they also:
    • May stand in Sun-Eater negate and continue to damage them, unlike most AoE DoTs
    • Actively track/follow the correct split of Yokeda Kai once aggro'd on it, aiding visibility
    • Continue damaging marked target even if the caster is incapacitated (stunned, pinned at Ozara, etc)
    Fix this please.

Exactly! It's great that someone else can cast Prey for you, especially in AoE situations. Adds to group play. Iron the wrinkle out and we'll be solid :smile:
    Edited by Erasure on January 27, 2017 5:33PM
  • Erasure
    Erasure
    ✭✭✭
    So the atro also gets affected by stacking curses?

The only thing I tested that was boosted incorrectly was Familiar Damage Pulse, the active ability on the Scamp. I wasn't exhaustive on finding/trying all other familiar effects, though. Matriarch/Tormentor/Greater Storm Atro behaved as expected from Live mechanics.
    Edited by Erasure on January 27, 2017 5:15PM
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So finally we know, why daedric prey wasn't replaced/combined with haunting curse, as many wished :trollface:
  • Erasure
    Erasure
    ✭✭✭
    Birdovic wrote: »
    So finally we know, why daedric prey wasn't replaced/combined with haunting curse, as many wished :trollface:

Right, because 30k dps from one ability is Working as Intended :wink:

To be fair, I haven't tested how high it stacks yet. Motivating my NA friends to get on PTS is somewhat difficult atm.
  • SublimeSparo
    SublimeSparo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shhh don't tell zos i want to see answers to the following questions;
    Can a scamp 1vX a zerg and win?
    Can a scamp kill rakkhat before hm lunar phase by itself?
    Can you double double stack the buff ie, 12 pet sorcs, each with scamp and each casting daedric prey then hitting pulse with full raid buffs up... hehee
    PS4 EU CP900. PS4 NA CP600,
    vAA HM ☆ vHRC HM ☆ vSO HM ☆ vMOL
    4th Console vMOL clear,
    vMA cleared on all classes stam & magic

My Tribe
    EU
    High Sparo - Altmer - mSo DD.
    Wood Sparo - Bosmer - sNB DD
    Nord Sparo - Nord -sDK DD/Tank.
    Bubble Girl - Imperial -sTe DD
    Succubus Sue - Breton - mNB Tank.
    Andrana Stormlock - Altmer - mTe Healer/ DD
    Elvali Marvani - Dunmer - mDK DD.
    Venemus Draconem - Redguard - sDK DD
    Jayri Leki - Redguard - sSo DD.
    Miss Jabsalot - Altmer - mTe PvP DD/ Tank
    Mireli Hlaano - Dunmer - mNB DD.
    Ms Shanks - Redguard - sNB DD/ le bank

NA
    Dilemma Dame - Altmer - mDK DD
    Stamsorc Kitty - Redguard - sSor DD
    Aia Draconis - Imperial - sDK Tank
    Decides-Who-Lives - Argonian - mTe Healer
    You wont stop me - Altmer - mSo DD
    Stab in the dark - Khajiit - sNB DD
    Jabjabjab Beambeambeam - Dunmer - mTe DD
    Spatium Auxiliarus - Imperial - hTe Tank&bank
    Spectre - Altmer - mNB DD
    Can't-Main-Tank -Argonian - sDK offTank
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never thought I'd see the day Rakkhat HM got zerged down by pet Sorcs....

Leave this bug in plz! I wanna see it happen XD they'd pull insane DPS!
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    I never thought I'd see the day Rakkhat HM got zerged down by pet Sorcs....

Leave this bug in plz! I wanna see it happen XD they'd pull insane DPS!

Ikr! Rakkhat zerged by lowly daedric things.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Erasure
    Erasure
    ✭✭✭
    This remains glitched as of 2.7.4

@ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom , whoever needs to hear this, this is a leaderboard-ruiner. It would be better for Prey to be disabled entirely than for this to hit Live in its current PTS state.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a bug... it's a feature! The dawn of the necromancers has come! ... we will have our day before the warden comes around.

I think to be fair. this only works with one target... to pull this off you would need some serious coordination. Also I would keep and allow a chance for this new play style to be viable. Debuff it after you have some dark converts.

* Cons
    - sorc pet has to be on both bars
    - takes away from sorc dps
    - lose up to 2 to 7 of of the 15 slots
    - actually takes a team with the other taking a lost in damage for your benifit
    - takes alot of magicka... (I only have 35 with mage stone)
    - takes a lot of spell damage

* pros
    - make people consider teamwork... every notice how lonely even a random dugeon is...
    - new playstyle
    - people like deardic summon line again

Also make this skill work with the warden pets along with other's monster helm pets.

.... if nothing else... make the evil familiars our battle friends instead of our house pets
    Edited by Tasear on February 4, 2017 9:26PM
  • Transairion
    Transairion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erasure wrote: »

@ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom , whoever needs to hear this, this is a leaderboard-ruiner. It would be better for Prey to be disabled entirely than for this to hit Live in its current PTS state.

While I'm all for exploits being fixed ASAP, disabling a Skill (especially such a key skill) for days/weeks/months is kind of out of the question... that's what hotfixes are for.

How many 12 man Trial groups are all going to have max level Sorcerers with the spec, gear and morphs to actually abuse this for leaderboards or anything else? This'll hopefully be fixed before anyone even finishes preparation to abuse it.
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭

While I'm all for exploits being fixed ASAP, disabling a Skill (especially such a key skill) for days/weeks/months is kind of out of the question... that's what hotfixes are for.

How many 12 man Trial groups are all going to have max level Sorcerers with the spec, gear and morphs to actually abuse this for leaderboards or anything else? This'll hopefully be fixed before anyone even finishes preparation to abuse it.
    from starting this topic left enough time to at least get 50lvl and level undaunted somewhere around 7
  • Erasure
    Erasure
    ✭✭✭

Raiders tend to have multiple maxed characters, and with modern exp grinds it takes one session to get a character from 3 to 50. So, groups not having sorcs to do it isn't the issue. How many actually will? I dunno. You can never tell how popular these things will be.
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People hate pets, they will probably don't even look this thread !

I hope