The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Getting into pvp. Which faction PC NA

unknowngamer
unknowngamer
✭✭
I realize how baity these posts can be, but I was wondering if anyone can provide some input as to how the factions stack up, specifically on trueflame (im aware of the dc dominance on azura). If any factions dominate or need more/less players etc.
I realize opinions may vary, im just looking for some base input.
Also i tend to play outside of primetime, late morn-afternoon and late evening/am hours EST time zone if that can place the feedback into frame.
Thanks in advance!

Best Answers

• concegual
    concegual
    ✭✭✭
    PC Haderus could use a few more DC...
    Answer ✓
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I realize how baity these posts can be, but I was wondering if anyone can provide some input as to how the factions stack up, specifically on trueflame (im aware of the dc dominance on azura). If any factions dominate or need more/less players etc.
    I realize opinions may vary, im just looking for some base input.
    Also i tend to play outside of primetime, late morn-afternoon and late evening/am hours EST time zone if that can place the feedback into frame.
    Thanks in advance!

If you're looking to get into large scale PvP, any faction on TF NA is ideal. There are pick-up groups on all factions, and numbers are essentially equivalent across the board. The downside is that if you're new to PvP, you're joining the server where almost all the best large scale guilds and many of the best players play, so new players tend to have a steep learning curve. If you are low CP you will also simply have no chance vs high CP players.

I have no real info on Had.

I don't know faction balance on Azuras, but if you're low CP then it's a great place to start. You can build CP there and have fights where you're not automatically going to lose because you're fighting someone with a much bigger collection of stats than you.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

Answer ✓
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    concegual wrote: »
    PC Haderus could use a few more DC...

That would bring the total to three or four... :neutral:
    Answer ✓
  • Waylander
    Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭
    The TF campaign has been very close the last 2-3 campaigns, so pick the faction that you like the best.

The AD faction is pretty good. Even the 'characters' in our zone chat are loved in their own way. No major beefs between guilds and the faction seems to cooperate well.
    Nocturnal - AD Oceanic PvP Guild
    Waylander
    Frankie
    Krylla
    Uniter
    Macgyverr
    Ivy
  • unknowngamer
    unknowngamer
    ✭✭
    thanks guys, appreciate the candour
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I believe overall the EP and AD have more guilds and larger guilds than DC has on PC NA. If you want big guild play then EP and AD is where you want to go.

DC has FENGRUSH. AD has Sypher. But that's really apples and oranges because Sypher is more about the latest meta builds each update and hair products. Lots of hair products. Whereas FENGRUSH is about the "Fengrush experience" and the adventures of the father of stam sorcs and his tight knit group of friends in Cyrodiil.

EP and AD have the more notorious villains in PvP. Some say Scipio is. But I say that's poppycock.

DC side of the map of Cyrodiil is definitely the most contested most of the time during campaigns (at least in the more highly populated ones that I have been). I mean who the [snip] fights at Drakelowe? Who even knows Drakelowe exists? Filthy elves and scum Pact always taking Rayles, Warden, and Dragonclaw. When was the last time Bloodmayne or Farragut (Krotha's birth home) weren't yellow and red respectively?

You get the picture.
  • Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DC is the most toxic, AD is the most cancerous, and EP is the whiniest. Pick your poison.
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hear EP has the most entertaining zone chat.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Magus
    Magus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD is the friendliest overall. However, they have a weekend warrior complex. It's great to play for AD during the week but when weekend comes, AD is super saturated - so long queues. There are a handful of guilds but overall is a casual friendly alliance. AD is master of siege and running in hordes of gankers.

EP has a lot of pick up groups. Probably the weakest oceanic presence on TF so that might work well for your time frames. For primetime, a handful of very skilled AP farming groups who don't play map objectives. EP zone chat typically toxic and has more immature player base. I know, shots fired. EP has the longest queues.

DC has good number of guilds and small man groups that play. DC has an okay oceanic presence - AD rules the oceanic time frame though. DC isn't very toxic but isn't very friendly either. It's clique-ish if that makes sense and most people keep to themselves and their groups.
    Duraeon / Maoh
    Former Emperor of Haderus, Trueflame, and Azura's Star
    PC/NA
  • aidenmoore
    aidenmoore
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magus wrote: »
    DC has good number of guilds and small man groups that play. DC has an okay oceanic presence - AD rules the oceanic time frame though. DC isn't very toxic but isn't very friendly either. It's clique-ish if that makes sense and most people keep to themselves and their groups.

True. It is hard to find group here if you don't know anyone. If you ever roll DC, Elder Skill(oceanic) or Blood of Daggerfall(primetime) are good option for you. They take anyone who is willing to listen and learn, both veteran and new player.
    Edited by aidenmoore on January 27, 2017 10:04PM
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Gorrag gro-Gar - Dragonknight ( Vehemence )
    YT : Gorrag gro-Gar
  • KisoValley
    KisoValley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD is the friendliest overall. However, they have a weekend warrior complex. It's great to play for AD during the week but when weekend comes, AD is super saturated - so long queues. There are a handful of guilds but overall is a casual friendly alliance. AD is master of siege and running in hordes of gankers.

EP has a lot of pick up groups. Probably the weakest oceanic presence on TF so that might work well for your time frames. For primetime, a handful of very skilled AP farming groups who don't play map objectives. EP zone chat typically toxic and has more immature player base. I know, shots fired. EP has the longest queues.

EP have the longest queues? Damn

ON PC EU TF, if DC has a queue of 20, EP has a queue of 40. If DC has a queue of 40, EP has a queue of 60. If in the case of DC having 40/EP having 60, it means AD has a queue of 120 xD
  • Magus
    Magus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KisoValley wrote: »

EP have the longest queues? Damn

ON PC EU TF, if DC has a queue of 20, EP has a queue of 40. If DC has a queue of 40, EP has a queue of 60. If in the case of DC having 40/EP having 60, it means AD has a queue of 120 xD

On PC/NA TF, DC usually has the best queues overall (about same for weekdays and weekends). AD has great queues during the weekdays, terrible queues on weekends. EP overall has the worst queues for both weekdays and weekends.
    Duraeon / Maoh
    PC/NA
  • Neoakropolis
    Neoakropolis
    ✭✭✭
    I believe overall the EP and AD have more guilds and larger guilds than DC has on PC NA. If you want big guild play then EP and AD is where you want to go.

DC has FENGRUSH. AD has Sypher. But that's really apples and oranges because Sypher is more about the latest meta builds each update and hair products. Lots of hair products. Whereas FENGRUSH is about the "Fengrush experience" and the adventures of the father of stam sorcs and his tight knit group of friends in Cyrodiil.

EP and AD have the more notorious villains in PvP. Some say Scipio is. But I say that's poppycock.

(at least in the more highly populated ones that I have been). I mean who the [snip] fights at Drakelowe? Who even knows Drakelowe exists? Filthy elves and scum Pact always taking Rayles, Warden, and Dragonclaw. When was the last time Bloodmayne or Farragut (Krotha's birth home) weren't yellow and red respectively?

You get the picture.

AD doesn't have Sypher, he's like a trans-located DC player no one wants. Also, his meta builds are just stolen from other people he has dueled. AD doesn't want him and DC are already all over Fengrush/Kody streams so he gets no viewers.

DC side of the map of Cyrodiil is definitely the most contested most of the time during campaigns- This is a lie. AD get pushed by both factions 99% of the time.
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iskra apparently got banned, so if you're a colourful character, AD needs to fill that void. There's a hole in our hearts without him/her(it?)
    Edited by Draxys on January 28, 2017 10:44AM

rip decibel
  • Neoakropolis
    Neoakropolis
    ✭✭✭
    Here is how TF plays out..

DC = All templar tank blobs spamming jesus beams, back dooring keeps are their specialty. - Play this faction if doing 0 damage but faction stacking is fun for you.
    AD= A variety of all classes but wears 0 impen, stands under breaches while dying to oil. - Play this faction if you want to get farmed and pushed by both EP And DC at the same time.
    EP= AD rerolled players usually, realized how easy AD are to farm. 1vX proctards usually hiding at the bridge or Sej. Can only rely on a set to do any damage. - Play this faction if you want to hold hands with DC while farming AD idiots under oils.
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

(at least in the more highly populated ones that I have been). I mean who the [snip] fights at Drakelowe? Who even knows Drakelowe exists? Filthy elves and scum Pact always taking Rayles, Warden, and Dragonclaw. When was the last time Bloodmayne or Farragut (Krotha's birth home) weren't yellow and red respectively?

You get the picture.

AD doesn't have Sypher, he's like a trans-located DC player no one wants. Also, his meta builds are just stolen from other people he has dueled. AD doesn't want him and DC are already all over Fengrush/Kody streams so he gets no viewers.

DC side of the map of Cyrodiil is definitely the most contested most of the time during campaigns- This is a lie. AD get pushed by both factions 99% of the time.

You calling me a mother [snip] liar!? On TF PC NA dragonclaw, rayles, and warden are constantly being molested by one, two, or a battalion of unscrupulous enemy players. I haven't seen the honored COVENANT send excursions down to Fare or anywhere east of Arrius. Compare Brindle to Drakelowe. Drakelowe is so untouched it is being converted to an all inclusive Sandals resort for couples.

You think AD is pushed 99% of the damn time!? How dare you!? DC is constantly fighting at Ales, Bleakers, Bruma, and Dragonclaw to hold them from wave after wave of red. And Ash, Nikel, and Roe from wave after wave of yellow. Then the AD have the gall to also strike Glade more often then not.

And if Sypher is a thief as you claim, my heart wouldn't skip a beat. YOU'RE ALL JUST ELVES! THE WHOLE LOT OF YOU!
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not currently on PC. Except for pts server. But I mostly on PS4. So I'm not abale to give advice. However I just wrote this. Maybe it might help.

Go with the elves of Aldmeri. Who are a fair folk. Fair they might be. But they will study you even more.

Go with the elf of Ebonheart. The Dark elf. May seem rude to most. But don't let that fool you. In heart. They are kind. It's just there defense mechanism of the outside.

Go with the elf of Daggerfall. Me thinks Orc's are elves? Orc's are mighty. Big and Strong. Not for the faint of heart. They are very friendly. At most. But watch out for an angry Orc. Especially in Cyrodiil!

But all 3 alliances are good. I must admit. I been to all three. I love then all. It very hard to say which alliance is best for those who are new.

But to me. I am so truly grateful and honored. To join all 3 alliances in Cyrodiil. In same Campaign. (For balance) In honestly. I love each and everyone in my Campaign that I serve.

Even so. I painted my thief costume. Red, yellow and blue. All 3 colors represents all 3 alliances that I love. That I have served as well.

No matter what alliance. It don't matter. In what you choose. It only matters. If you have fun. That is all that counts.
    Edited by Serjustin19 on January 28, 2017 4:05PM
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Magus gave a great description of the general climate of the factions in the most basic terms. Thats a good starting point.

One thing I will say is I have noticed a strong correlation between the factions and a general play style. AD skews heavily towards stealth based bow builds. Snipe is their skill of choice, and boy do they love spamming it. EP on the other hand skews heavily towards sword and shield tank builds. And when you think about it, it kinda makes sense given the distribution of racial passives.

Since I mainly play DC I can't confidently comment on DC. So if any AD or EP player could share some insight on how the covenant generally skews, I'd really appreciate it as Im genuinely curious.
    Edited by CyrusArya on January 28, 2017 7:27PM
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Queues are irrelevant to factions if you don't try to cram yourself into a full server.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Nightblade Discussion:

Dragonknight Discussion:

Sorcerer Discussion:

Templar Discussion:

Warden Discussion:

TONKS!

Werewolf Discussion:

Vampire Discussion:
  • Magus
    Magus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Queues are irrelevant to factions if you don't try to cram yourself into a full server.

Yeah but if you don't, and go to like haderus - you will find a ghost town, spend minutes between fights/action and when you find action, it is 40+ vs 2 of some of thirstiest PVPers that will chase you across the map like they have never seen AP before.
    Duraeon / Maoh
    PC/NA
  • alephthiago
    alephthiago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you choose DC you have access to one premium package with:

-Pre-made twitch account with 100 followers included.
    -Fully leveled stam sorc.
    -One partner so you two can duo, get bored, run to Alessia bridge to zerg and after that complain to him saying there is no more "small scale".
    -Free pass to zerg all day but still call yourself "solo 1vxer".

If you choose AD you have access to one premium package with:
    -Private battleground where you can die and seconds after be in the middle of the fight again.
    -Free ride to bleakers because why not, even if we dont have our home keeps.
    -19 companions everytime you go take a resource.
    -MANY resses, no matter where you die.
    -All reds circles will disappear, but you will still die.
    -Free oils bath
    -A secret back bar with bow, so you can shoot it aimlessly
    Edited by alephthiago on January 29, 2017 1:36AM
    Walks-in-Shadowss AD Magblade
    *** kitty AD Stamblade
    Paarthurnax's Will AD Magicka DK
    agnar cracked skull EP Magicka DK (veteran dragonstar arena bot)
    Klogi Mugdul AD Stamina DK
    Savre Selranni AD Magicka Sorc (being polished)
    Avenar Lolhealing AD Magicka Templar (being polished)

• NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yeah but if you don't, and go to like haderus - you will find a ghost town, spend minutes between fights/action and when you find action, it is 40+ vs 2 of some of thirstiest PVPers that will chase you across the map like they have never seen AP before.

Not true in the slightest. I play on TF until the lag starts up in the evenings, and by then Haderus has a couple solid bars of population. Haderus has also been pop locked across all factions on the weekends for a few weeks and reaches 3 bars or lock during weekday prime time.

Then when Had dies back down after prime time and TF lag dies down, I go back there.

Nothing obligates us to play in one campaign exclusively...
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend

Apex Predator.

Nightblade Discussion:

Dragonknight Discussion:

Sorcerer Discussion:

Templar Discussion:

Warden Discussion:

TONKS!

Werewolf Discussion:

Vampire Discussion:
  • BooskySG
    BooskySG
    ✭✭✭
    Draxys wrote: »
    Iskra apparently got banned, so if you're a colourful character, AD needs to fill that void. There's a hole in our hearts without him/her(it?)

K, rolling AD
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you like being told to get off the bridge by the worst player in the game, come to AD.

If you like rolling dozens deep to kill the worst player in the game, and hanging out with some very groovy peoples, go DC.

If you like pressing R a lot and running forwards....well you're a dirty griff and you deserve what you get.

Though not all that AP..you don't deserve that. Now stop killing this one so elfing often!
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Bridge is the most important objective in Cyrodiil despite what others here might say . When AD loses the bridge , Alessia is soon to follow . We need to keep the bridge as Our highest priority as it is most prized by all factions .
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The bridge is a confirmed DC home keep.

Also this (paraphrased) is hilarious and completely accurate:

Telel wrote: »
    If you like being told to get off the bridge by the worst player in the game, come to AD.

If you like rolling dozens deep to kill the worst player in the game, go DC.

If you like pressing R a lot and running forwards, go EP.

Kena
    Legion XIII
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend

Apex Predator.

Nightblade Discussion:

Dragonknight Discussion:

Sorcerer Discussion:

Templar Discussion:

Warden Discussion: