The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Large houses can only have 12 visitors... seriously?

bellatrixed
bellatrixed
✭✭✭✭✭
So, I was upset about the fact the housing cap was 24, as evidenced by this thread that got 51 "agrees" and tons of posts where people stated their displeasure with such a tiny cap.

But today I log into the PTS and see that the large Strident Springs Demesne, which my guild has been planning to use as our headquarters ever since it was first referenced, only has a population cap of 12.

The negative impact this is going to have on housing cannot be underestimated. As it stands right now my RP guild has NO reason to buy houses since we won't be able to RP in them together. 24 was low but tolerable. 12 is literally unplayable for most RP guilds.

Please take note devs. This is a huge deal that is going to tank housing success.

Housing is a social feature, and most social/RP guilds do not have 12 people or less. My guild is even on the smaller side with about 15-20 members on at any given time, yet we're still going to be blocked from using housing together.

@ZOS_GinaBruno can we have a response on this? I'm hoping it's a bug since the large cap seems to be the same as medium...

Wyasp6x.png
ESO Roleplay | RP community for all factions/servers/platforms
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed! Hey Bel...where did that pic with the cap info come from???
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »

I logged in the PTS and took it. If you buy a house you can hit f5, then browse, and the house info shows up to the left.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »

I logged in the PTS and took it. If you buy a house you can hit f5, then browse, and the house info shows up to the left.

Dang, I TRIED that yesterday and didn't see this and I was specifically looking for it! AUGH!

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ic4zykE.png

This is still what I get when I hit F5. No option to "Browse." Do I have to do the quests first???? That doesn't seem to make any sense though.

• cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [quote="MornaBaine;3719144"

This is still what I get when I hit F5. No option to "Browse." Do I have to do the quests first???? That doesn't seem to make any sense though.[/quote]

You have to own the house already to see how many it holds, I think. On the test server it's easy enough to buy them.
    Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
    Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, NOW I see... you actually have to BUY the house BEFORE you can see how many players will fit inside it. THAT IS HORRIBLE.

• Bladerunner1
    Bladerunner1
    ✭✭✭✭
    So basically we'd be trapped with 3 housing styles for larger gatherings? I'm not a big fan of Khajiit architecture, but that's what we're stuck with in AD if we want a large party? This is very limiting and deflating the desire to even bother with big homes as more information comes out. It doesn't make sense to lump medium with large, and small with apartment together in the same cap.

All of my guilds don't have a reason to get a house anymore. If I personally get anything I'll just get the medium with the big yard, why even bother with underutilized large homes that look vacant?
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cyberjanet wrote: »
    You have to own the house already to see how many it holds, I think. On the test server it's easy enough to buy them.

Then I'd like to ask someone to post here the actual visitor-caps. Thank you.

• Potenza
    Potenza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they allowed you to use your home as a guild house, how are they going to sell you a guild hall next year?
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This makes no sense when you consider that some of the large houses are actually bigger than the manors.
  • bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cyberjanet wrote: »

Then I'd like to ask someone to post here the actual visitor-caps. Thank you.

The actual visitor caps are 6 small > 12 medium > 12 large > 24 manor. This can be verified by buying houses on the PTS.

So, what reason does someone have to spend 1mill+ on a large house if the 200k mediums hold the same people?
  • willlienellson
    willlienellson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't matter. Nothing for people to do when they visit anyway.
    No way to repair armor. No way to bank guild funds. No way to access guild store.

Concept of replacing all the overworld crafting stations with attunable stations is a joke. It would require 105 crafting tables.

You can build cool stuff like an Arena or a jumping puzzle, but then you have no items left to decorate the home or landscape.

The more you explore the limitations on Homestead the worse it gets.
  • bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't matter. Nothing for people to do when they visit anyway.
    I would like functionality added to housing like banks and repairs as well, but a lot of people wanted housing for social use, like parties or RP. So, there was still a reason to visit houses.

I RP regularly with a group of 15-20 people and we were excited about using the houses to hang out together. Now we realize we can't.

Our guild went from people excitedly talking about what sort of houses to buy, to people saying there's no point and they're not going to bother grinding for something only a couple people can be in. And I'm sure we aren't the only RP/social guild whose enthusiasm has been nuked by this TINY population cap. Really... a LARGE house can only have 12 people?

This is going to hurt their sales.
  • ty.appleton1833b14_ESO
    ty.appleton1833b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    This has to be upped. Its totally unacceptable that the large house has the same player cap as the medium one when the large home is over four times more expensive.

Raise it to 18, raise it 16, or 20....

12 is just not right.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has to be upped. Its totally unacceptable that the large house has the same player cap as the medium one when the large home is over four times more expensive.

12 is just not right.

They aren't just four times as expensive. They're usually four times bigger too.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on January 24, 2017 8:58PM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is going to hurt their sales.

I doubt it. Most players don't check Reddit or the forums so they won't know these limitations until they buy the houses.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on January 24, 2017 8:59PM
  • david19979
    david19979
    ✭✭✭
    It really does not make any sense. We have a (near) perfect housing editor, a wast array of pretty furnitures, nice houses in every size, but in the end we are greeted with these senseless limitations which doesn't allow us to use the full potential of the player housing. Especially the furnishing limits..
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

12 is just not right.

They aren't just four times as expensive. They're usually four times bigger too.

Sometimes, but but not usually. Mournoth Keep is comparable to lots of large homes. Quondam Indorilia is actually worse than Velothi Reverie, imo, because while the side rooms are *slightly* larger (the main rooms are the same size), they are curved, making object placement awkward. The outsice area, while it is larger, is extremely cuboid and ugly, imo. There are exceptions, of course, like Hundings, but generally there is not much to warrant the price difference.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @MissBizz this does not bode well for using Hunding's as the LWH guild hall :frowning:
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

12 is just not right.

Sometimes, but but not usually. Mournoth Keep is comparable to lots of large homes. Quondam Indorilia is actually worse than Velothi Reverie, imo, because while the side rooms are *slightly* larger (the main rooms are the same size), they are curved, making object placement awkward. The outsice area, while it is larger, is extremely cuboid and ugly, imo. There are exceptions, of course, like Hundings, but generally there is not much to warrant the price difference.

Foresaken Fotress, Mathiisen Manor, Hundings Palatial Hall, Strident Springs Demesne, and Gorinir Estate (if you only look at outdoor space) are many times bigger than their medium counterparts.

Sure there are some pathetic large homes (like all the EP ones and the Khajiit one), but a lot of the homes in the category are massive.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on January 24, 2017 9:40PM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only 12 people in a large house = a huge FAIL.

You better have millions og gold in the bank or be prepared to buy a bunch of crowns if you want to have any social experiences with ESO's housing.

And even then you can't store a single piece of inventory.

• ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree 100% with this. My own RP guild planned to use the Forsaken Stronghold and transform that into our Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary, yet with the current 12 player cap, it becomes near impossible to actually hold it to that very function.

Increasing the playercap for Large houses should sincerely be a thing. Overall however, I think all houses should have an increase in playercap.
    Nighren - The Shadow Striker
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com
  • j.greenmanb16_ESO
    j.greenmanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Man, that is absurd. There is almost literally no incentive to even owning a home larger than a small or medium one.

I was planning on using the Hunding's Palatial (A large house with a pretty friggn huge amount of land) to host events with my guild, a guild that would likley be and stay small to serve a larger public audience, and now its looking like it will barely even be able to accompdate all the members of the guild.

I see no reason to have the cap for a larger space the exact same as a smaller one, especially when the cap is higher at every other size as you go up. I can perhaps get on board with the caps as they are being because of server issues, but why not than decrease the Manor cap to improve the large home cap to make the large home at least worth getting, rather than being more or less, a way expensive medium sized home that you cant even hope to make feel populated because of all the empty space.

This seriously is looking like a money grab, an attempt to get people to subscribe for higher population numbers, or to buy crowns to buy the manors that have the at least a reasonable population number because their price with in-game gold is pretty damn high. Achievable, but defintely at a point where many people would rather just pay real money.
    "You are brave and you are strong, of this there is no doubt. But without me at your side, your deeds will go unknown, your death unwept and your story unsung - Sings-In-Shade, the Argonian Bard
  • Mattock_Romulus
    Mattock_Romulus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point, i'm just going to "adopt" an empty home and move in and invite my friends over. There are plenty of nice homes w/o npcs in them scattered about and I don't have to worry about a visitor limit and can even interact and loot objects in them.

Just as much functionality of the "real" homes w/ no cost.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »
    @MissBizz this does not bode well for using Hunding's as the LWH guild hall :frowning:

This sucks.

That manors aren't even nearly as cool :(

Like seriously. These houses need a higher population cap.

Thanks @wayfarerx
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • GreenTea
    GreenTea
    ✭✭✭
    Dear Zeni,

I was really looking forward to buying the Narsis house to use for my weekly community event, the Telvanni Tea House. We currently hold it in a tiny bitty basement space because all of the taverns in Morrowind are horrible to RP in. So we do with what we have.... THIS was last weeks tea house, literally two days ago:

5856ca4e74a93384bb705311b39b748b.jpg

That's twenty five people there. I was already thinking we could split people into two different houses if we needed to fit everyone, but I can't work with twelve. A quarter of that would just be my staff.

This is an amazing addition to the game, but if you need some extra time to figure out the limits for these houses PLEASE DO. Because if it launches in this state, nobody can really buy anything, as they don't know what the /final/ pop caps will be and they just cost way too much to buy one and not be entirely sure.

Thank you for your time,
    -A grumpy Khajiiti Tea hostess.
    Watch me derp around playing ESO twitch.tv/tea_the_khajiit
    In-game info: @Greeentea (with Three E's)
    Main: Ki'tea
    Morrowind Roleplayer since launch!
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's pretty bad. Everything could of been so much better. The editor is fail, the item limit is fail, the player limit is fail, trophies and items have a seperate count, the manors are disappointing large house is better, don't even get me started on the massive grind to get schematics let alone afford to build them.

I did want a crown store house since I pvp and can't afford to use in-game gold. But I don't see what benefit I get if there is no extra storage, I have to make my friends and guildies wait in a que to get in and when they do get in I have spent 200 items in my garden, build a fireplace from scratch and there is no where to sit.
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • Jeremiah87
    Jeremiah87
    ✭✭✭
    +1 for upping the amount of visitors on all houses
  • Elder_III
    Elder_III
    ✭✭✭✭
    Large Houses need to have the limit doubled.... so 24 for Large Houses. Also double (at least) the amount for Manors. having Manors allow 48-50 or so people at once would make them faaaarrrrr more appealing for guilds to buy.

If the reasoning behind such small players caps is due to technical issues I think we would like a detailed explanation of why or what the specific issues are. Perhaps 95% of the people that have little interest or knowledge of such things could care less, but for the 5% of us with a technical background (either hardware or software related) would like to hear the details. I'm not asking for details in order to rant and rave or claim any superior knowledge, but rather out of curiosity and a desire to see these population limitations fixed. :)
    Semi retired from the trading aspects of the game.
  • NoFlash
    NoFlash
    ✭✭✭
    Looking for official response.
    Daggerfall Covenant

The Ninja Squirrels