Maintenance for the week of March 25:
•[COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 25, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 27, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 27, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Achievement "Complete All Death Challenges" requires a "Survivor" challenge instead

Draqone
Draqone
✭✭✭✭
Achievement "Complete All Death Challenges" requires " Deadly Crypt Survivor" which is a different type of challenge.

I think it was added there by mistake, please fix.
ESO Balance:
“All skills are equal, but some skills are more equal than others.”
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know this is an old post, but the requirement is still there. All of the other "Death Challenges" involve completing the hard mode requirement for that boss, whether that's using the scroll or doing some mechanic like avoiding the bubble in FG2 or leaving 4 students alive in CoH2.

Deadly Crypt Survivor, however, is a survivor, complete-the-dungeon-without-any-group-members-dying achievement for Crypt of Hearts 2.

@ZOS_GinaBruno , would you happen to know if this is an intentional thing, or did someone just mix up their survivor and death achievement categories?

Additional information, if needed: Server is PC/NA, and it's across all my characters.

Screenshot:

Z5QL6gs.jpg

Closing the Book- Veteran Elden Hollow 2, destroy Opus of Torment, then kill boss
    Compassionate Hero- Veteran Spindleclutch 2, Don't kill any innocent captives while killing the boss
    Cursed Hero- Veteran Banished Cells 2, kill boss while leaving 3 daedroth alive
    Deadly Crypt Survivor- Veteran Crypt of Hearts 2, no group deaths
    Deadly Engineer- Veteran Darkshade Caverns 2, kill boss without using levers
    Fearless Assaulter- Veteran Fungal Grotto 2, kill boss without going into the Obsidian Husk's shield
    Pellingare Ghoul Slayer- Veteran Wayrest Sewers 2, kill 15 zombies while fighting the boss (bosses, but same difference)
    The Blade's Edge- Veteran Crypt of Hearts 2, leave 4 students alive until boss picks up his blade

As you can see, there are 2 achievements under this for Crypt of Hearts 2, and one of them is a Survivor challenge, which is a totally different category.

Edit: Whew...Finally got that image to show up. And yes, I did black out my achievement points. I don't want to talk about them. :D
    Edited by BrightOblivion on August 14, 2017 7:37PM
  • Bike_Guy
    Bike_Guy
    Bump, as this is still an issue. There's also been a thread in the General Discussion forum since November 2018.

Please @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom can we get some acknowledgement that this has been seen? We'd all like this fixed!
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's always been like this. You gotta remember the context of when this achievement was first created. vCoH (what is today known as CoH2) was the first "DLC dungeon" (except there weren't any DLCs back then; the point is that this is the first dungeon to be added to the game post-launch), and achievements were added to highlight this new content. Not nearly as many as the achievements that today's DLC dungeons carry with them.

Anyway, with vCoH came a new type of achievement: no-death. This was the first no-death dungeon achievement to be added to the game. None of other dungeons had no-death achievements. There wasn't even a "Survivor Challenges" category! So no-death vCoH was treated at the time as just another challenger achievement--it was treated almost like a second hard-mode for the dungeon. And to make this achievement suitably rewarding, they created a new "Complete All Death Challenges" ensemble achievement and included this new, difficult no-death achievement to make it suitably exclusive at the time. Later, vCoA (known today was CoA2) added the game's second no-death achievement. It wasn't until late 2016, in the One Tamriel patch, that no-death achievements were added to other dungeons and that the Survivor Challenges category was created.

TL;DR: I'm pretty sure that it's intended, and it makes sense if you consider the history of the dungeon in question.
    Edited by code65536 on March 17, 2019 10:24PM
    PC/NA ― Officer of Nightfighters ― Officer and former GM of The Merchant's Reserve
    @code65536
    DC – Breton Nightblade – DD – Snow Oryx   ☙
    DC – Dunmer Dragonknight – DD/Tank – Cinder Oryx   ☙
    EP – Altmer Sorcerer – DD – Elim Crake
    DC – Breton Templar – Healer – Zebulon the Spirit Bear
    AD – Bosmer Nightblade – DD – Higgs Bosmer
    DC – Argonian Dragonknight – Tank – Erects-the-Horns-of-War
    DC – Redguard Sorceress – DD – Rallina Oryx
    DC – Altmer Nightblade – DD – Joyèd

@code4096
    DC – Dunmer Nightblade – DD – Raven Oryx   ☙
    DC – Argonian Dragonknight – Tank – Takes-All-Blame
    DC – Altmer Sorceress – DD – Codegasm

The Flawless Conqueror  •  Dro-m'Athra Destroyer  •  Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor  •  Voice of Reason  •  Bringer of Light  •  Blackrose Executioner

Add-Ons: Itemization BrowserLoot LogDeconstruction Junk MarkerRaidificatorPurge TrackervHoF Status PanelAsylum Status PanelDungeon TimerCombat AlertsSmart Looter
  • Bike_Guy
    Bike_Guy
    @code65536 Huh... interesting! Didn't know that.