The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

How much gold do you have?

• Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1,000,001 - 50,000,000 gold (Upper lower class)
    Will believe a billionaire exists when I see it. I know some folk will have 100 mil+ but 1 billion is crazy amounts.
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's up with the huge ranges?

Anyway, I have 1.5 million. Had around 500k start of January (I would have around 2-2.5 million if I never spent any gold). Have been playing since August last year.

I'm exclusively farming right now, but mulling over the idea of getting into reselling (it's tempting, but takes up a lot of time).

Are any of the local tycoons willing to share how much time they need to invest weekly into the activity (reselling) and how much they make on average?
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on January 23, 2017 3:50AM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    100,001 - 1,000,000 gold (Entry level)
    Mirror Mirror on the wall, who is the richest Mag Sorc on PS4/NA of them all?

For housing I'm only planning on getting Large Altmer House and Medium Imperial House.

IMG_7144_zpse85vsruj.jpg

i think you may have misread the amount, you do not have 1 billion.

Oops! I did! Should be in the "middle class" :)

Yeah, I almost did the same. Misread the 100k as one million.
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Over 1,000,000,001 (top 1%)
    Mirror Mirror on the wall, who is the richest Mag Sorc on PS4/NA of them all?

For housing I'm only planning on getting Large Altmer House and Medium Imperial House.

IMG_7144_zpse85vsruj.jpg

i think you may have misread the amount, you do not have 1 billion.

Oops! I did! Should be in the "middle class" :)

Yeah, I almost did the same. Misread the 100k as one million.

All those zeros makes it quite confusing when you look fast lol
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Under 100,000 gold (New Player)
    im not a new player

i spend all my time in pvp.
    there is really no way to make enough Gold to live on in PvP.

Indeed. I play since early access with the occasional breaks. And I have <50k at the moment. PvP is no moneymaker. And when you need new armor it'll cost ya.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Sovaso
    Sovaso
    ✭✭✭
    Under 100k? Meh I have only 10k and I'm poor AF
  • Tempah
    Tempah
    ✭✭✭
    Nice thanks OP now I know who to scame >:D
    Dro'mathra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redemeer, Tick Tock Tormentor, The Unchained, Exstinguisher of Flames, Flawless Conqueror
  • Bladerunner1
    Bladerunner1
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would be interesting to see how the numbers compare between the different platforms, PS4, XBox 1, PC. The price of tempering alloys vary a lot from one to the next. Farming on PC seems pretty slow.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been here since launch. Had 2 M at the most at one time. Had 1.4 Mil 3 days ago then I went and bought some set armor pieces.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New ESO player, here (although I'm a veteran Elder Scrolls player since Morrowind). I've been playing ESO for a month.

I only have 64,000 gold. LOL. :p I would have had more, but I couldn't resist buying two of the in-game horses at the stables. Right now I'm trying to decide whether to buy a small home, or save up to get a medium home.

#firstworldproblems
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Poll is biased.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I currently have about 14,000 gold.

I'm not a new player, I just don't enjoy farming and find the trade system in this game to usually be more trouble than it's worth.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do not know, as have 10 chars and do not remember how much each of them have.
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a vet player and have never had over 50k at one time. Money making isn't fun and I give stuff away a lot. I can't be arsed with writs, breaking stuff down to sell, haggling, joining a trade guild. It gets in the way of my gaming time.

That's why I buy a lot of crowns.

I would like the ability to set up a personal store like in aion where you sit down on a chair anywhere you want with a chat bubble advertising your wares and people can click on you and buy things you've put in a list etc.
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stannum wrote: »
    Do not know, as have 10 chars and do not remember how much each of them have.

I only know because I have an addon which lets me see all my characters inventories, and also shows how much gold they each have and how much it is in total. It's a nice surprise sometimes to see what all the little bits in their wallets adds up to.

Even then I only know because yesterday I was doing a big sort-out of everyone's inventories, so I spent a lot of time looking at it.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Atm, I have more Tel var stones and AP than gold, lol.
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    200,000,001- 1,000,000,000 gold (Rich class)
    MdlRZwE.jpg
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a new player, I just change gear so often my bank is full of valuable sets not gold
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • lappas
    lappas
    ✭✭✭
    Dude the poll is kinda unrealistic. Dont think there is but a few who have more then 50 mil or even anyone.
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One billion gold? Screenshots? No Photoshop please.
    SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I... don't think the "middle class" has between 50 and 200 million gold.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • itehache
    itehache
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is a huge gap between 1 milion and 50 milion though xD
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the OP was seriously over-estimating how much gold the majority of players have. Or possibly got mixed up on how many zeros are in 1 million. (Being generous this could be a form of the Dunning-Kruger effect - maybe the OP is a hardcore trader who is easily able to make large amounts of gold but doesn't consider what they do anything special and assume that surely most players are on a par with them and some are able to make far, far more.)

I'm tempted to make a new poll based on the house price brackets. But then the numbers are a bit odd. Apartments are 11-13k, small houses are 40-73k, medium 190-335k, large 760k - 1.295mil and manors 3.375-3.785mil.
    Edited by Danikat on January 23, 2017 12:03PM

• GaldorP
    GaldorP
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hehe, I like how anyone with 50 millions is still lower class in Tamriel :)

Edit: I'm curious does anyone who voted for Upper Class actually have 1 billion gold or did they all misread the poll? :)
    Edited by GaldorP on January 23, 2017 11:55AM
  • GaldorP
    GaldorP
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    I think the OP was seriously over-estimating how much gold the majority of players have. Or possibly got mixed up on how many zeros are in 1 million.
    I'm pretty sure the intention of this poll was to mock the high prices for housing :)
  • Nickernator
    Nickernator
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a millionaire!
    ESO player since release
    EU - PC

Meet the CP 350+ family:
    Nickernator, Imperial Dragonknight, EP
    Dar'Dur, Khajit Nightblade, AD
    Elidur, High Elf Sorcerer, DC
    Gagane, Breton Tempelar, EP
    Remos Hlaalu, Dark Elf Dragonknight, EP
    Bazugor gro-Mazgulub, Orc Tempelar, EP
    Halcan, Redguard Sorcerer, EP
    Entros Longshot, Bosmer Nightblade, EP
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every billionaire here should post a screenshot as a proof.
    And I think as a rich man with 1 milion in a pocket, I don't care how others name my status B) .
    Entry level? pshaw ...
    Edited by Gargath on January 23, 2017 12:11PM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Played since beta, never had much more than 100K, then again I've never joined a trading guild
  • pattyLtd
    pattyLtd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm rich ............... wait, what?

Lower class :'(
    English is not my native language, no grammar police please, tyvm