The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How much gold do you have?

• ArgonianAustin
    ArgonianAustin
    ✭✭✭
    Under 100,000 gold (New Player)
    Stupid, I'm an old player from the beginning and how in the hell does someone even get over a million.
    Just a Lizard Man that plays ESO with my twin brother khajiit_kyle
  • milkbox
    milkbox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If compared to the US economic class system (based on annual income):

Poor <30k
    Lower Middle 30k-50k
    Middle 50k-100k
    Upper Middle 100k-350k
    Rich 350k +

I think the spans of your definitions are way too broad! You're single-handedly destroying the true middle class! ;p
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not a new player, been playing since early PC launch, transfered to PS4, did have like 5+ million gold at one point, always making sets golden and such, also help others too much.. Kotaro is a Master Thief but always poor :disappointed: it is ok though..
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
  • ArgonianAustin
    ArgonianAustin
    ✭✭✭
    Stupid, I'm an old player from the beginning and how in the hell does someone even get over a million.
    Mirror Mirror on the wall, who is the richest Mag Sorc on PS4/NA of them all?

EDIT: Should be in OP's Middle Class. Misread.

For housing I'm only planning on getting Large Altmer House and Medium Imperial House.

IMG_7144_zpse85vsruj.jpg

Ps4? Lend this poor ass lizard and his also poor brother 100k of your probably well earned gold to us for free.
    Just a Lizard Man that plays ESO with my twin brother khajiit_kyle
  • Uphz
    Uphz
    ✭✭✭
    I've been playing for more than 6 months.. I must be really bad :)
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I was on my little hiatus of sorts from ESO, I gave away all but 10k of my gold. So, I'm starting from scratch (somewhat).
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm almost a day one Xbox player. Unfortunately the way the game has been designed, us pvp players have no way to earn gold. Any gold I get goes straight towards enchants and gear upgrades. Btw, last night I had $3800 and as soon as I can afford a gold jewellery enchant I'll be back to $0.
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Over 1,000,000,001 (top 1%)

For housing I'm only planning on getting Large Altmer House and Medium Imperial House.

IMG_7144_zpse85vsruj.jpg

Ps4? Lend this poor ass lizard and his also poor brother 100k of your probably well earned gold to us for free.

I do 3 Million Gold Giveaways 10k/each in PvP around my Birthday in October each year :)
    Not 100k, but it's free gold.
    Edited by andreasranasen on January 23, 2017 12:10AM
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • Remag_Div
    Remag_Div
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    100,001 - 1,000,000 gold (Entry level)
    Geez, people have over a billion Gold? Is there no cap? How do you make so much Gold?
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 1/2 years of playing and I'm entry level? I mean yeah I JUST started saving excess gold in my bank like I should've been doing the whole time. Currently at like, 143,000.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1,000,001 - 50,000,000 gold (Upper lower class)
    0 - 0 - 0
    Edited by AhPook_Is_Here on January 23, 2017 12:33AM
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

IMG_7144_zpse85vsruj.jpg

I don't get it, you said you had more than a billion yet your screen shot only shows 50 million.
    You should probably go back and read the thread. This has been discussed.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't get it, you said you had more than a billion yet your screen shot only shows 50 million.

The player could have the rest in their Bank.
  • QUEZ420
    QUEZ420
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    Not a new player, been playing since PC launch.

This, I'm jus broke af lol.
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    200,000,001- 1,000,000,000 gold (Rich class)
    im not a new player

i spend all my time in pvp.
    there is really no way to make enough Gold to live on in PvP.

Exactly.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have around 500k, I only pvp so I dont rly make any money other then spending my AP to convert into gold now and then.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Cerbolt
    Cerbolt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just spent all mine on new sets. I have about 16,000 to my name now :(
    AD - For the Queen!
    PSEU: Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade | Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Magplar | Ra'ban - Khajiit MagDK | Gaelhwen - Bosmer Stamden

PCEU: Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Stamplar | Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade
  • Hoylegu
    Hoylegu
    ✭✭✭
    I'm an early beta tester who's taken lots of breaks here and there. I only have a total of 230k on me (and I NEVER buy anything). I can't even buy a decent Medium House. I'm so disappointed and saddened by this. ;(
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1.7 million, across 5 characters.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you do 6 top tier writs per day, and run the 2 daily undaunted pledges, you will easily make 10,000 gold in that 1 hour of play.

If you get a couple of decent drops from the dungeons that you can sell for a few thousand that number can easily double or more.

Most importantly, you will not get 1 million gold if you keep spending your gold. ;)
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think your breakdowns are a little extravagant, should probably have been more in the lower ranges:
    <10k new player,
    10k to 100k entry level,
    100k to 500k poor (or lower class),
    500k to 1m lower middle class,
    1m to 3m middle class,
    3m to 10m upper middle class,
    10m to 100m wealthy (or upper class),
    100m to 1bil filthy rich,
    > 1bil OMG

Apart from housing coming in, anyone sitting on more than 1 million probably has enough gold for whatever they need and a means to earn more, therefore I don't think they can be any sort of 'lower class'.

I have 6.5 million and am only getting richer because I can - just like in real life, the more money you have, the easier it is to get richer (unfortunately).
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Ironside
    Ironside
    ✭✭✭
    How much are t he houses going for? Seriously in the millions? Because that'd be a little stupid imho.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ironside wrote: »
    How much are t he houses going for? Seriously in the millions? Because that'd be a little stupid imho.
    Manor houses 3.75 to 3.85 million, large houses 1 to 1.3 million, the rest under 700k down to a few thousand. Heaps of threads on them and the prices.
    Edited by disintegr8 on January 23, 2017 1:40AM
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Isellskooma
    Isellskooma
    ✭✭✭✭
    1.6 million.
    Edited by Isellskooma on January 23, 2017 1:54AM
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Approx 2.5 million
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone over a million is filthy rich to me.
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1-50 million gold need a split, too many in this category and range is too wide.
    Pc na
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not a newbie but too many things to spend gold on.
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • Path
    Path
    ✭✭✭✭
    Played since launch and dirt poor. I did die often the first 9 month or so but dang...It will be a tough decision to spring for a small home.

Have a great guild, that kinda likes to run off and play other games. No guild store, trader.

Not sure what it takes for a player wandering the world, smelling the Water Hyacinth, to gain riches. I'm happy with my adventures however, after all this time, it would be nice to have a small/medium place to call home.
    Fairy Tales Really Do Come True...Kinda.
  • Path
    Path
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hoylegu wrote: »
    I'm an early beta tester who's taken lots of breaks here and there. I only have a total of 230k on me (and I NEVER buy anything). I can't even buy a decent Medium House. I'm so disappointed and saddened by this. ;(

Nice that I am not alone!
    Fairy Tales Really Do Come True...Kinda.