Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Housing (and Storage Options)

• Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just watched a video preview of the multiple houses that will be available for purchase.... some go for over 1 million gold....WTF.. I've been playing this game for over a year and i don't think I've accumulated over 1 million gold yet!! And from the video, I still don't understand what I'm getting...

The video tour guide stated that "this particular house comes with 4 bedrooms"..WTF am i suppose to do with bedrooms!! your character can't sleep.. or store his armors/clothes in the closets... am i missing something here???

You're not missing anything.

Housing is primarily a private instance you can decorate. You can buy, craft or (in rare cases) find furnishings to put in them but the vast majority are purely decorative. You can sit in the chairs, light or put out the fires and candles, and you can do things like use the /sleep emote on top of the bed. But they serve no real purpose, they don't allow you to do anything you can't already do in the game.

The only items with a real use are the crafting stations (which are exactly like the existing ones) and the target dummy which lets you test builds. But even they don't enable you to do anything you couldn't do before.

So why do people like it? I admit I'm struggling with this one myself.

For some people it's obvious. Role-players will benefit simply from having a place their character actually lives, and from having a series of private instances so they can play out storylines without interruption. Guilds can use it to hold events, or simply as a convenient meeting place.

For other people it's less obvious. Some people are thinking of buying several small houses simply to use as wayshrines - it's free to teleport to your house and many are in (or right beside) cities. Some people just like the idea of decorating. That's me: I think housing is largely pointless and I don't understand why some people are as excited as they are, but I think I will enjoy the decorating aspect.

And I'm sure there's some reasons I haven't listed as well.

It serves no practical purpose (except maybe the free inn rooms allowing you to teleport back to a city from anywhere), but that doesn't mean it can't be fun.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    billp_ESO wrote: »
    billp_ESO wrote: »
    Storage is going to cost extra.

you have a link for that ?
    because your comment is iether a joke or you have information that is new to all of us that was not announced by zenimax.

No, this is just my opinion. It seems obvious though.

Housing has come with storage in MMO's for the last decade, so why isn't it there?

Answer: they haven't figured out how to monetize it yet.
    This is most likely true.

I can't think of an MMORPG that DOESN'T have additional storage included with Housing, at least, I can't unless I think back to the mists of the beginning of the MMO genre...

And the whole line of "storage didn't make the cut" is crap. Sure, he actually said it, but any reasoning as to WHY storage in Housing didn't get added in, is crap.

The real answer is simple: They're coming up with a way to squeeze every dime possible out of Storage in Housing. They couldn't figure out a price tag for the additional storage in time, so "storage didn't make the cut"...

gz to your first developer post^^
    Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Partner
    Noractis
  • dominic.iraceb14_ESO
    Wait... i didn't see that.. you can win furniture from Boss fights!!!! I've been playing for weeks to finally drop the Knightmare Leg so i can complete the set and now you're telling me instead of that, a nice armoire might drop instead!

It would be nice if they can figure out a way to spend those achievement points.. I have thousands of them and i recently found out that they are useless.. I thought they were crowns or something. I was trying to spend them and then somebody told me they mean absolutely nothing?.. I don't know anymore....why have points if you can just unlock the acheviement???
  • Chaquinho89
    Chaquinho89
    ✭✭✭
    Wait... i didn't see that.. you can win furniture from Boss fights!!!! I've been playing for weeks to finally drop the Knightmare Leg so i can complete the set and now you're telling me instead of that, a nice armoire might drop instead!

It would be nice if they can figure out a way to spend those achievement points.. I have thousands of them and i recently found out that they are useless.. I thought they were crowns or something. I was trying to spend them and then somebody told me they mean absolutely nothing?.. I don't know anymore....why have points if you can just unlock the acheviement???

Group dungeons and Trial bosses drop a Bust that is added to your collections and can be put in your house as furnishing...
    Edited by Chaquinho89 on January 17, 2017 5:28PM
    PC / NA.

"Each event is preceded by Prophecy. but without the Hero, there is no Event." -- Zurin Arctus, the Underking.
  • xXMichonneXx
    xXMichonneXx
    ✭✭✭
    I most definitely WILL NOT buy housing until additional storage is available with it.
    XBoxOne NA
    910 CP
    50 Imperial Stamblade DC
    50 Argonian Templar Healer DC
    50 Altmer Mag Sorc DC
    50 Imperial Stam Templar DC
    50 Dunmer Mag DK DC
    50 Imperial Stam Sorc DC
    50 Nord Stam DK Tank DC
    50 Redguard Stam DK DPS DC
    50 Altmer Mag Templar DPS DC
    50 Imperial Stam Warden DC
  • R1ckyDaMan
    R1ckyDaMan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Even SWTOR let you have storage and merchants and stuff in your home without needing micro transactions or the subscription, and they really do punish you bad for not subscribing.

Edit: forgot I was viewing an oldish thread /facepalm
    Edited by R1ckyDaMan on February 9, 2017 5:52PM
  • linoge63
    linoge63
    ✭✭✭
    Id like to just be able to click, "use" on my bed after a long days work saving Tam...and as we can in gta 5 ---take a shower or as we did in skyrim, enjoy a hot tub P
    Edited by linoge63 on February 9, 2017 5:59PM