The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Which house did you choose? (and why)

• alephthiago
    alephthiago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »
    Leaning toward the "Strident Springs Demesne" in Reapers March.

Outside has a nice waterfall and lots of room for mounts and tables and what not. I like the inside of the house with it's segmented bedroom areas upstairs. I imagine all my characters sharing the house.

Only thing it didn't have was a nice place for a fire place...

I'll probably do a second round through all of them before deciding for sure when live hits.

I love that waterfall and small river, there is plenty of space outside too, my problem: the outside space is too "segmented".
    Edited by alephthiago on January 6, 2017 3:36AM
    Walks-in-Shadowss AD Magblade
    *** kitty AD Stamblade
    Paarthurnax's Will AD Magicka DK
    agnar cracked skull EP Magicka DK (veteran dragonstar arena bot)
    Klogi Mugdul AD Stamina DK
    Savre Selranni AD Magicka Sorc (being polished)
    Avenar Lolhealing AD Magicka Templar (being polished)

• Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanted to go for the House of the Silent Magnifico

I've always been drawn to the Redguard architecture, and this house has those nice archways.

It has one huge drawback though. No outside area that you can decorate.

The frustrating part: it actually has a roof with a stunning view that you can get too. Unfortunately you leave your 'housing' area by going through the door, which means you cannot decorate that part of your house. So you've got a big empty area.

Total waste. :(

Screenshot_20170105_214107.png
    Screenshot_20170105_214049.png
    Screenshot_20170105_214720.png
    Screenshot_20170105_214726.png

So Twin Arches for me instead. No archways, but it does come with an outdoor area within housing, and is a whole lot cheaper.

Can you interact and put items down on the roof?
    PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was so excited about the house in Auridon, but upon actually being there, I found I didn't really love it as much as I'd hoped. I quite like the one in Stros M'kai, but I wanted a home in an AD zone really...

I do love things which are unique and different, and so for me the crown store only homes appeal much more... I absolutely LOVE the beach house, and have literally spent about 10 hours decorating that one :lol: I hope it is available on the crown store when this update goes live <3 The cave is also pretty cool too :smile:

Here are some screenshots of the cave house in Craglorn

[img][/img]31758394330_c6447ff5bc_h.jpgScreenshot_20170106_030950

[img][/img]31758395700_b3f8cbc3b7_h.jpgScreenshot_20170106_031049 by

[img][/img]
    31984748452_905145dd51_h.jpgScreenshot_20170106_030909 by

[img][/img]
    31984749712_ee350c8181_h.jpgScreenshot_20170106_031008 by

[img][/img]
    31984750962_f0b5b80612_h.jpgScreenshot_20170106_031157 by

And some of the Beach House <3 Unfortunately, night time wouldn't come, but when it is dark the whole place lights up, its beautiful :smile:

[img][/img]
    31758397230_f5b9c938f5_h.jpgScreenshot_20170106_031308 by

[img][/img]
    31758400460_550083c118_h.jpgScreenshot_20170106_031736 by

[img][/img]
    31758398710_4043e2f4b3_h.jpgScreenshot_20170106_031520 by

[img][/img]
    32133330505_e5004162e5_h.jpgScreenshot_20170106_031650 by

[img][/img]
    32133332035_dbebfd63bb_h.jpgScreenshot_20170106_031821 by

[img][/img]
    32133329185_747a584dbb_h.jpgScreenshot_20170106_031401 by

Edited by Elara_Northwind on January 6, 2017 4:08AM
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • Incognitius
    Incognitius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neighbor wrote: »

No, as you are no longer in the 'housing' area. You're also no longer instanced, so you'll be sharing that empty roof with other home owners.
  • Phaius
    Phaius
    ✭✭✭
    I chose the Strident Springs Demesne outside of Arenthia primarily because of the size of the garden but I love the Colovian house style. I've really just worked on the gardens though (ran out of my allotment of crowns):

0o2yjet.jpg
    03pMem5.jpg
    nqvapFo.jpg
  • Calandrae
    Calandrae
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most likely the Gardner House in Wayrest. Because I'm a city girl by heart! Maybe I will buy a small vacation house, too.
    Edited by Calandrae on January 6, 2017 7:06AM
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Neighbor wrote: »

No, as you are no longer in the 'housing' area. You're also no longer instanced, so you'll be sharing that empty roof with other home owners.

In the Stros M'kai house, if you are a sorcerer you can streak from the top of the watchtower onto the roof, and you can place things on that one, I put a bunch of trees on the roof! :smiley: It's a shame you cannot 'own' this one too... Though sharing it with other home owners is pretty funny :lol:
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • alephthiago
    alephthiago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont agree with the island and cave being crown only :(
    *** kitty AD Stamblade

• Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanted to go for the House of the Silent Magnifico

I've always been drawn to the Redguard architecture, and this house has those nice archways.

It has one huge drawback though. No outside area that you can decorate.

The frustrating part: it actually has a roof with a stunning view that you can get too. Unfortunately you leave your 'housing' area by going through the door, which means you cannot decorate that part of your house. So you've got a big empty area.

Total waste. :(

Oh nooo, I wanted this house, I thought that the roof was part of it! I wonder if it is a bug or working as intended?

Edited by Loves_guars on January 6, 2017 4:12PM
  • riberion
    riberion
    ✭✭✭
    Phaius wrote: »
    I chose the Strident Springs Demesne outside of Arenthia primarily because of the size of the garden but I love the Colovian house style. I've really just worked on the gardens though (ran out of my allotment of crowns):

0o2yjet.jpg
    03pMem5.jpg
    nqvapFo.jpg

Looks fantastic! I love that house too, but I am not a huge fan of the location. Your "gardening" has given me something to look into since I really want it to be a more woodsy atmosphere.
    PC NA
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leaning toward the "Strident Springs Demesne" in Reapers March.

Outside has a nice waterfall and lots of room for mounts and tables and what not. I like the inside of the house with it's segmented bedroom areas upstairs. I imagine all my characters sharing the house.

Only thing it didn't have was a nice place for a fire place...

I'll probably do a second round through all of them before deciding for sure when live hits.

I sent in feedback about the lack of a fireplace, suggesting one like in The Vile Manse, I also rather cheekily suggested a small cellar for more of that Vile Manse feel.
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

0o2yjet.jpg
    03pMem5.jpg
    nqvapFo.jpg

That looks fantastic! I will definitely check it out when I go back home. And near Arenthia, you say? My Imperial would like it, the city has a Temple of the Eight! (So, ZOS, about letting we access quest locations after the quest is done...)
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Incognitius
    Incognitius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SadieJoan wrote: »
    In the Stros M'kai house, if you are a sorcerer you can streak from the top of the watchtower onto the roof, and you can place things on that one, I put a bunch of trees on the roof! :smiley:

Three of my six characters are sorcs. B)
    I may need to save more money to be able to buy that one though! :D

Oh nooo, I wanted this house, I thought that the roof was part of it! I wonder if it is a bug or working as intended?

I think it is intended. More of those city houses do not come with an outside area. Just like the real world I guess. Most big city houses don't come with gardens. xD You pay a lot of money for the privilege to live in the city. :P

Amazing, you made this look really good with that garden.
    Edited by Incognitius on January 6, 2017 6:54PM
  • Phaius
    Phaius
    ✭✭✭
    riberion wrote: »

0o2yjet.jpg
    03pMem5.jpg
    nqvapFo.jpg

Looks fantastic! I love that house too, but I am not a huge fan of the location. Your "gardening" has given me something to look into since I really want it to be a more woodsy atmosphere.

Thanks! I'm a gardener in RL and so I look at the properties from that angle. The location does look dry, but it feels like California to me, which is where I live, so I'm used to that kind of look out in nature. I would add more, but I ran out of crowns, but there's a huge potential to make something really lush if you want.
  • Phaius
    Phaius
    ✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »

0o2yjet.jpg
    03pMem5.jpg
    nqvapFo.jpg

That looks fantastic! I will definitely check it out when I go back home. And near Arenthia, you say? My Imperial would like it, the city has a Temple of the Eight! (So, ZOS, about letting we access quest locations after the quest is done...)
    Abeille wrote: »

0o2yjet.jpg
    03pMem5.jpg
    nqvapFo.jpg

Thanks! Yes, Arenthia, just across the river from the city. You can also go into the top of that tower you see in the third pic and get a bird's eye view of the property and over the walls to Arenthia as well.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    riberion wrote: »

0o2yjet.jpg
    03pMem5.jpg
    nqvapFo.jpg

Thanks! I'm a gardener in RL and so I look at the properties from that angle. The location does look dry, but it feels like California to me, which is where I live, so I'm used to that kind of look out in nature. I would add more, but I ran out of crowns, but there's a huge potential to make something really lush if you want.

Yah the area of Reapers March in general has a more grassland/dryish look to it, but the waterfall and spring on the property lend itself well to a more "tropical" look.

Hundings also has a great look to it for about the same price, and one of the Orc ones is a bargain at 350,000 gold with lots of outer space although a smaller house.

After going through them again those are the 3 I have narrowed it down to. Demesne will probably win out even though it is the most expensive.
  • covenant_merchant
    covenant_merchant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What would be a great home to put ballistas in? I want to take my roleplaying as Covenant Siege Merchant up a notch and don't know what house would suit the best to greet my guests with a collection of beautiful, deadly weapons?

I was thinking of Mournoth Keep or Forsaken Stronghold, but if you have any better suggestions, I'm all ears.

It would be like cave canem but with sieges :3
  • Phaius
    Phaius
    ✭✭✭

Yah the area of Reapers March in general has a more grassland/dryish look to it, but the waterfall and spring on the property lend itself well to a more "tropical" look.

Hundings also has a great look to it for about the same price, and one of the Orc ones is a bargain at 350,000 gold with lots of outer space although a smaller house.

After going through them again those are the 3 I have narrowed it down to. Demesne will probably win out even though it is the most expensive.

I was surprised at how much I'd like the Orc houses, but that style of architecture is really nice and something different from all the other stone styles. I might buy the smaller house when Homestead goes live as a second home/something different.
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Which home had the little trap door leading out to the sea with slaughterfish in it? You can't place anything out there and I don't understand the point of that feature.
  • MarkusLiberty
    MarkusLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm definitely leaning towards the medium Orc house in Bangkorai, it's really nice and dense, but still got plenty of rooms and outdoor area. Its perfect
    *Special Snowflake*

• Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After playing around with houses I've decided I'm probably going to get Mournoth Keep instead of Gardner House.

The inside of Gardner House is nicer but I think it's actually too big and open for me, I found it difficult to fill the space (maybe because in real life I'm used to very small houses?), and at the same time I was frustrated by the lack of outside space. Mournoth Keep is basically the opposite - lots of outside space and a decent sized but not huge inside. I didn't think I'd like the orc style but it doesn't bother me and I think it will benefit more from sparse decorating, just needs some colour.

Also it's in a beautiful location, right by a wayshrine and I think my characters would prefer to get away from the city. Also it's 1/3 the price, which is nice.
    runagate wrote: »
    Which home had the little trap door leading out to the sea with slaughterfish in it? You can't place anything out there and I don't understand the point of that feature.

That's the Daggerfall mansion. I don't understand that feature either - at first I thought maybe if you stuck close to the cliffs you could get around to the beach, which would make it a brilliant secret entrance. But if it's possible it's not easy because I haven't been able to do it.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is nobody planning on living in any of the bosmer houses! Being a huge wood elf fan I've always dreamt of having my own podhouse. Ill probably buy snugpod for my trips into the city and the goranir estate is a must have

All the open yard space! I'm gunna have a zoo out there with all my pets and mounts I can't wait !
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is nobody planning on living in any of the bosmer houses! Being a huge wood elf fan I've always dreamt of having my own podhouse. Ill probably buy snugpod for my trips into the city and the goranir estate is a must have

All the open yard space! I'm gunna have a zoo out there with all my pets and mounts I can't wait !

I do like the bosmer houses, although I think they're probably the least like real houses and therefore the ones that need the most creative decorating. But at the moment I'm only thinking about houses for my main characters and they want to live in the DC zones and Auridon, where sadly bosmer houses are not an option.

I wish it was possible to have a style of house which is nothing like the area it's in. I understand why it isn't possible, but it's a shame because it limits the ones I'd consider buying.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • alephthiago
    alephthiago
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Gorinir Estate is bosmer for sure
    *** kitty AD Stamblade

• Incognitius
    Incognitius
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Gorinir Estate is beautiful. Love the jungle sounds! Unfortunately out of my league, so I would have to settle for the Bouldertree Refuse, for my bosmer character.

Especially if I am going to give each of my characters their own home.
  • JWKe
    JWKe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hammerdeath end. Small Orc. Because. Orc.
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daggerfall overlook because vampire besides that i like the noble look to it i'll be buying it but i'll earn the other 2 with gold
    Edited by bloodthirstyvampire on February 16, 2017 10:40PM
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Gorinir Estate is beautiful. Love the jungle sounds! Unfortunately out of my league, so I would have to settle for the Bouldertree Refuse, for my bosmer character.

Especially if I am going to give each of my characters their own home.

Ya as much as I want the goranir I don't know if I can afford the gold or crowns if I plan on furnishing my house with anything cool. Probably gunna get the bouldertree as well
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    That would be the "Strident Springs Demesne" ;)

Mountains in the back also walls, rocks/"cliff" with a single road and river in the front.
    And the house itself is nice with a waterfall.
    Edited by Akrasjel on February 15, 2017 8:53PM
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SadieJoan wrote: »
    I was so excited about the house in Auridon, but upon actually being there, I found I didn't really love it as much as I'd hoped. I quite like the one in Stros M'kai, but I wanted a home in an AD zone really...

I do love things which are unique and different, and so for me the crown store only homes appeal much more... I absolutely LOVE the beach house, and have literally spent about 10 hours decorating that one :lol: I hope it is available on the crown store when this update goes live <3 The cave is also pretty cool too :smile:

Here are some screenshots of the cave house in Craglorn

[img][/img]31758394330_c6447ff5bc_h.jpgScreenshot_20170106_030950

[img][/img]31758395700_b3f8cbc3b7_h.jpgScreenshot_20170106_031049 by

[img][/img]
    31984748452_905145dd51_h.jpgScreenshot_20170106_030909 by

[img][/img]
    31984749712_ee350c8181_h.jpgScreenshot_20170106_031008 by

[img][/img]
    31984750962_f0b5b80612_h.jpgScreenshot_20170106_031157 by

And some of the Beach House <3 Unfortunately, night time wouldn't come, but when it is dark the whole place lights up, its beautiful :smile:

[img][/img]
    31758397230_f5b9c938f5_h.jpgScreenshot_20170106_031308 by

[img][/img]
    31758400460_550083c118_h.jpgScreenshot_20170106_031736 by

[img][/img]
    31758398710_4043e2f4b3_h.jpgScreenshot_20170106_031520 by

[img][/img]
    32133330505_e5004162e5_h.jpgScreenshot_20170106_031650 by

[img][/img]
    32133332035_dbebfd63bb_h.jpgScreenshot_20170106_031821 by

[img][/img]
    32133329185_747a584dbb_h.jpgScreenshot_20170106_031401 by