The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Which house did you choose? (and why)

alephthiago
alephthiago
✭✭✭✭✭
After learning about the fact that ZOS placed MY CAVE in the crown store making it unavailable for purchasing with money, i had to search for a new house for my ex-argonian to duel his friends.
I didnt really like any of the manors (they arent really worth the price).

Today i found the perfect match: Gorinir Estate, 780,000 gold
The reason?
PLENTY OF OUTDOOR SPACE LMAO
Seriously, not even those manors have that much space outside, we can have huge dueling events there (if zos ever raises the 25 player cap).

What about you? Which house did you choose and why? Trying to decide between 2 or 3? Which ones?

CHECK THIS OUT
S97Q8Re.jpg
PrtzMJ1.jpg
Walks-in-Shadowss AD Magblade
*** kitty AD Stamblade
Paarthurnax's Will AD Magicka DK
agnar cracked skull EP Magicka DK (veteran dragonstar arena bot)
Klogi Mugdul AD Stamina DK
Savre Selranni AD Magicka Sorc (being polished)
Avenar Lolhealing AD Magicka Templar (being polished)

• leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depending how much gold i save up.

Either the volcano island , it's just so amazing.

Or hunding estate for 1.3m~ gold, it's very big, has plenty of space, towers, bridges, you can get on the roof etc...]

Have a look around it.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Twin Arches.

I've always liked the Redguard traditions and way of life ... not to mention the Hollin's Stand questline.

Even though only 1 out of my 9 characters is a Redguard ...

AuIJqfJ.png
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Looks very nice:) I didnt think about the garden part yet.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Skayaq
    Skayaq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For my first house I wanted Serenity Falls, but don't quite have all that gold so I might end buying Dawnshadow instead. Ideally I will get a house for each of my characters but that will cost somewhere around 9-11 million gold so that's gonna take a while.
    Kazari-Dar, Khajiit Nightblade..........Jarkyr Storm-Blade, Nord Sorcerer .......... Dunric Amedain, Breton Templar

Araniwen, Altmer Sorcerer..................Llirasa Andralu, Dunmer Templar...................Marzug gro-Borgaz, Orc Warden

Calinchel, Bosmer Warden...................Jahrel-Xei, Argonian Nightblade....................Cienri Maraeud, Breton Sorcerer

Inara Savicci, Imperial Templar...................Garoric Attilus, Imperial Dragonknight............ Maevina Tallian, Imperial Nightblade

Ravanni-Ko, Khajiit Dragonknight..........Faevyn Ice-Heart, Nord Warden..........Nazran al-Taneth, Redguard Dragonknight
  • alephthiago
    alephthiago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depending how much gold i save up.

Either the volcano island , it's just so amazing.

Or hunding estate for 1.3m~ gold, it's very big, has plenty of space, towers, bridges, you can get on the roof etc...]

Have a look around it.

Hunding Palacial Hall? Yeah, its amazing, not the amount of space i look for, but im gonna get it too because i love redguard architecture.
    Walks-in-Shadowss AD Magblade
    *** kitty AD Stamblade
    Paarthurnax's Will AD Magicka DK
    agnar cracked skull EP Magicka DK (veteran dragonstar arena bot)
    Klogi Mugdul AD Stamina DK
    Savre Selranni AD Magicka Sorc (being polished)
    Avenar Lolhealing AD Magicka Templar (being polished)

• MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't had much time to look at them, but so far I think that the Velothi Reverie is my favorite for the price. The larger Dunmer home, Quondam Indorilia, doesn't seem to have much more space, despite costing four times as much. The Manors also seem to be relatively small, lacking the room expected. It is also a shame that the towers in the Ebonheart Chateau are inaccessible. There are a few other houses that peak my interest, but I have not had time to yet explore all of them.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need Ebonheart Chateau
    and The Island
    and both in the Rift
    and Velothi Reverie
    and...
    and..

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still debating between location and appearance. I think location is my priority - I like using the Any Race, Any Alliance option so a lot of my characters backstories involve specific reasons for living in an area or joining an alliance so I think it wouldn't make sense for them to live somewhere else.

But I also want the house to be right for them, because for me even the smallest ones are expensive so I want it to be right and so far I can't find one that looks the way I want in a location I want, so I think I'm going to have to adjust my expectations a bit.

At the moment I'm thinking "my girls" (aka my two main characters) will club together and buy Gardner House, my crafter is going to live in the inn room on Auridon (he would like me to buy one of the bigger houses, but he should have saved more for his retirement, besides it'll be less likely he'll forget where he lives or be unable to get there when he's living IN the pub).

The others I haven't decided.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hold on....are houses account wide or character specific?
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DannyLV702 wrote: »
    Hold on....are houses account wide or character specific?

They're account wide. I just want different ones for different characters.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will transform Velothi Reverie into my laboratory. Even setting aside the matter of cost, I prefer it to Quondam Indorilia -- the courtyard is just the right size for meditation and contemplation.
  • Livvy
    Livvy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gardner House for me. :)

In terms of landscape, I've always really loved Stormhaven. And I love the architecture. I'd like as close to an english garden vibe as I can get, and I think this will be just perfect.

Ideally, I would like a larger yard. But I think this will due just fine.
    ->--Willow--<-
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm picking either the Hunding's Palatial Hall in Stros M'kai or Mathiisen Manor in Auridon. They're both large houses, so around 1 milly in cost, which is what I can afford, but they are both really big, and seem only slightly less than the really big ones, but I really just like the layouts of both of them. I still have to figure out which one I like the most, but right now I'm leaning towards the Mathiisen Manor, it's got a really nice inside and outside area, although the Palatial Hall has a tower and beach, hmm. Decisions, decisions, lol. One thing I quickly discovered on the PTS though is that buying the house will be the cheap part, outfitting them with stuff will cost a fortune, lol. Especially if you want achievement specific housing decoration, some of those cost 100k.
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Originally I wanted Mathiisen manor or The Gorinir Estate because of the outdoor space. Now I am not so sure...

Mournoth Keep is starting to grow on me... I may get that one now.
    Playing since beta...
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally I found Mournoth Keep and wanted it immediately, this was before housing on PTS, the area surrounding the house is... breath-taking. Now, after looking at the house itself Im not sure. Its a tad smaller inside than I had hoped and I happened upon Forsaken Stronghold (i seem to like orc houses i suppose lol) which has a nice view, not as pretty as Mournoth but the house... I love the house and the outside area is pretty big, lots of room for whatever I want.

Also really liked the Hunding's Palatial Hall.

Argg the choices! I may end up buying more than one home, as it stands I can afford Mournoth, will have to save up if I want one of the others... or ALL OF THEM!!!!!!!! lol

Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanted a Redguard house, so I'm going to buy Magnifico's in Alik'r (Medium). The large one is great (Hunding), but I'm looking for something more affordable and homey for now so that one is perfect.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vyle_Byte wrote: »
    Originally I found Mournoth Keep and wanted it immediately, this was before housing on PTS, the area surrounding the house is... breath-taking. Now, after looking at the house itself Im not sure. Its a tad smaller inside than I had hoped and I happened upon Forsaken Stronghold (i seem to like orc houses i suppose lol) which has a nice view, not as pretty as Mournoth but the house... I love the house and the outside area is pretty big, lots of room for whatever I want.

Also really liked the Hunding's Palatial Hall.

Argg the choices! I may end up buying more than one home, as it stands I can afford Mournoth, will have to save up if I want one of the others... or ALL OF THEM!!!!!!!! lol

Mournoth has the added bonus of being close to a wayshrine.
    Playing since beta...
  • Incognitius
    Incognitius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanted to go for the House of the Silent Magnifico

I've always been drawn to the Redguard architecture, and this house has those nice archways.

It has one huge drawback though. No outside area that you can decorate.

The frustrating part: it actually has a roof with a stunning view that you can get too. Unfortunately you leave your 'housing' area by going through the door, which means you cannot decorate that part of your house. So you've got a big empty area.

Total waste. :(

Screenshot_20170105_214107.png
    Screenshot_20170105_214049.png
    Screenshot_20170105_214720.png
    Screenshot_20170105_214726.png

So Twin Arches for me instead. No archways, but it does come with an outdoor area within housing, and is a whole lot cheaper.
    Edited by Incognitius on January 5, 2017 8:50PM
  • xXSilverDragonXx
    xXSilverDragonXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NIce pics!
  • Bowser
    Bowser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Cyrodilic Jungle House in Malabal Tor is right next to a wayshrine and a bunch of guild traders.
    @King-Koopa
    World First DK Tank Execute on Rakkhat HM
    Play how you want - no meta allowed!
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forsaken Stronghold!

Why? Orc
    Edited by Ghettokid on January 5, 2017 10:12PM
  • Aletheion
    Aletheion
    ✭✭✭
    I assumed I'd want a huge mansion like Daggerfall Overlook (and I can afford one), but after examining all of the homes, I'm going to go with Sleek Creek House.

I don't really care about rooms and decor.. I'm more about functionality. The Attunable stations are amazing, I'll need 12 of them setup for the most common sets I craft. Then of course an enchant, alchemy, dye and cooking station.

For crafting it will be like, "Come on over to the manufacturing facility and I'll get you what you need".

Of course several skeletons for both single target and group damage testing.

The small room up the stairs I suppose might have some of the nicer looking trophies in there.
    dipyLUp.png

I was also considering Ravenhurst, as it's equally functional, but a little cramped. And, I do like the idea of maybe having a little room for trophies.
    KRHFyjg.png

-Aletheion
    Edited by Aletheion on January 5, 2017 10:20PM
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only one I really messed around with was the cave in Craglorn. It had a lot of space to work with and I wanted to do a lot. As far as what I want when it goes live, I have a list going lol. First place I'm buying is 100% going to be the Moonmirth House, because I love that island and it reminds of when the game was first released and how bright eyed I was back then lol. Then I am going to buy one of the 1mill places, I just haven't decided on which one yet.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Vulsahdaal
    Vulsahdaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started working my way down the list, previewing each one.. I liked the Cliffshade house, but not so much the location. The Domus Phrasticus house I liked even better, but again was not thrilled with location.
    Then when I previewed the Hundings Palatial, it was a bit larger than I had originally wanted to go but was just so beautiful. The tower, the view, the private beach.. I was sure this would be the one, but I decided to keep looking anyway, though I had believed at the time my mind was already set on Hundings.
    Glad I did, because in the end I settled for Old Mistveil Manor. I really liked the layout, and the location as well (right outside the Riften gate). It doesnt have the large outdoor area with beautiful scenery that Hundings has, but to my character, it just felt right..
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't, I can't, I can't. I just can't.

I'm honestly completely overwhelmed by it all. I can't decide on what to buy, what to craft, where to place stuff. Maybe I will be able to decide later, but right now I'm taking a break and playing with ice builds.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I decided on Mournoth Keep in Bangkori the proximity to a wayshrine was the primary reason.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leaning toward the "Strident Springs Demesne" in Reapers March.

Outside has a nice waterfall and lots of room for mounts and tables and what not. I like the inside of the house with it's segmented bedroom areas upstairs. I imagine all my characters sharing the house.

Only thing it didn't have was a nice place for a fire place...

I'll probably do a second round through all of them before deciding for sure when live hits.
  • NovaShadow
    NovaShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Medium Orc House (can't recall its name off the top of my head). It has plenty of outdoor space and a huge indoor over 2 levels. Perfect for me and my need to decorate to perfection.

I also plan on making a little AD/DC characters to get the other 2 starter rooms.

I'm still deciding on a smaller home though. Currently leaning towards the Altmer, Nord or Redguard.
    PC NA - EPHS
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's Hunding's for me. About half of my characters are already Redguard so it even fits lore-wise.
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I'm going to go for the medium Nord one near Nimalten and the Inn room in Skywatch because they fit some of my characters, and I have an alt I don't play much that's probably going to inherit the free EP room (I don't really have characters that fit the other two free rooms, they'll probably be storage or something for furniture I'm not using so it doesn't clog up my inventory).

None of the other houses work for any of my others at present, but I think that some of their preferred locations are coming (like DLC ones); and I'd really like to be on Eyevea or an island near it for my main so I'm going to wait to decide what I'm going to get for him :).
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."