Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Please do not remove the stun from Blazing spear skill!! (PVP & PVE Point of view)

• Libonotus
    Libonotus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's an SnB ability that has a knockback. Use that as a replace if this does go live. It's also a gap closer so you can land your jabs
    Options
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Libonotus wrote: »
    There's an SnB ability that has a knockback. Use that as a replace if this does go live. It's also a gap closer so you can land your jabs

Templar has its own ability that does that.
    PC EU
    Options
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surgee wrote: »
    SneaK wrote: »
    Yep. Overall these updates are only going to pigeon hole players into more specific builds. RIP diversity, RIP ESO.

There was diversity? All I've seen on pvp is few same meta builds copied from youtubers.

To me the updates weren't enough. The current state of the game is extremely lacking in diversity and the changes made didn't open anything up to players whatsoever. The only notable change is that even more people will wear HA and turtle until they get a destro ulti to wipe a group. It's extremely lame gameplay. Nerfing Strife (though minimal), taking away the stun in BS, changing Curse, has only hurt offensive gameplay. They were all unwarranted and shouldn't go live. Even though it's somewhat hard to see the relation, all these small changes hurt is LA/MA wearers. Which further pigeon holes players into specific roles like ganking/bombing/tanking/etc.

IMO
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
    Options
  • crusnik91
    crusnik91
    ✭✭✭✭
    Libonotus wrote: »

we are talking about magicka templars here not stamina
    YT channel(Guides/Builds/gameplay)
    ~ Crescent Jayren Gaming ~

Glorious EP
    Jayren - V16 MagBlade AR30
    Crescent J'renz - V16 StamBlade AR46
    Crescent Lucrecia - V16 MagSorc AR32
    Courageous DC
    Crescent Sephiroth - V16 StamDK AR50
    Crescent Singu-rarity - V16 MagTemplar AR33
    Relentless AD
    Crescent the Tiny - V16 StamSorc AR10
    Crescent-The-Huge-One - V16 MagWarden AR18
    Options
  • Mutagem
    Mutagem
    ✭✭✭
    /cosign

It's a fun move and now it's going to be less fun. It was also hugely a large part in how I beat vMA too and it evolved to my play style alot. Might quit after tbh
    Mutagem - AD Stamina Nightblade - Prefect
    Mutagentleman - AD Magicka Templar - Palatine
    Mutageneticist - AD Magicka Sorcerer - Corporal
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use luminous

Sure you lose the dot but you get the stun and it goes through block as well.

Its soft CC. Meaning you just gave your target free CC immunity if so much as a spash of damage nics them, or; if like most magicka builds you use entropy. Its gone. Not an option at all in straight up combat. Its only good for if you can take one target out of the fight for 3 seconds while you are fighting something else and that is just not very usefull.
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    templars kill everything and everyone in pvp.
    if you try to even hurt a templar they just heal right back to full health immediate. let alone try to kill them ? haha not gona happen unless you have a group with you attacking them and beat them to death, because it's not gona happen solo.

that's not only unfair but it's also out of line with any mmo i have ever seen,
    the fact is:
    the more you heal the less damage you should be able to do.
    the more you tank the less damage you should be able to do.
    that's the way it's suppose to be.

I think you have been spamming this around and as a magicka templar; I can agree with the issue as I don't want to be pigeon holed into that role, yet thats what they are doing.

I don't agree with your philosophy though. The issue is that they went after permablocking a long time ago the wrong way; just like they are doing nerfs the wrong way today. Rather than making you unable to cast while blocking, they F'ed it up. Then they turn around and buff heavy, which is fine; but again they went the wrong way. Now they are adding in magicka blocking and its only going to get worse.

In short; the issue lies in heavy armor and blocking. I also wouldn't touch it until they properly fix proc sets, where they also are again going about it the wrong way.

ZOS. You're doing it wrong. (insert MEME here)
    Edited by technohic on January 6, 2017 2:57PM
    Options
  • crusnik91
    crusnik91
    ✭✭✭✭
    BUMP for edits!

Glorious EP
    Courageous DC
    Relentless AD
    Options
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was that the skill people were using to "perma stun" players? If so that is not fixing the problem ZOS. ...that's nerfing a skill to avoid fixing a glitch/exploit.
    Edited by DUTCH_REAPER on January 7, 2017 1:31AM
    Options
  • diamanda
    diamanda
    ✭✭
    + topicstarter
    Options
  • Xexpo
    Xexpo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    devil's advocate
    I would have to disagree with the sentiment that an
    animation telegraphed ,
    ground reticle based,
    blockable stun ...
    is a "reliable cc".

Yes the other cc's available to templars have fleas but they also provide utilities that blazing spear doesn't.
    -Javelin can be dodged, blocked, reflected as a it is a projectile , but it has op range, a useful knockback, decent stun time, can proc burning, and also has a very nice "pointblank" synergy with jabs/sweeps that gets overlooked imo. The cost is on the higher end but it's not crazy, esp if you are not just mindlessly spamming it with low resources.

-Toppling charge is less buggy than it used to be, but it's just about on par with the bugginess of every other gap closer in the game atm. The stun should be longer due the janky animation after contact imo, but it's as reliable as you could expect a gap closer cc to be in eso.

-Luminous seems weak in comparison to blazing but it is all in how you use it imo. If you play into it's un-blockability , it's an excellent tool to compliment ultimate and jesus beam combos. The magic return synergy maybe could use a buff but with new magicka steal buff, possibly unnecessary. There have also been good ideas to change how this skill works in this thread and others that I would totally be on board with. I am just pointing out that it can be very reliable when used in a certain way.

but tbh, they are all mostly garbage in pvp compared to an animation cancelled vamp drain anyway ;)
    Kiki Dickson ~~~ Dixmanian Devil ~~~ Cornelius Buckshank Jr.
    Histy-Fitz ~~~ Boozemer ~~~ Chace X'expo
    Lluvia De'Fuego ~~~ Shakes Spear
    Macro and Cheese NA/PC
    Options
  • crusnik91
    crusnik91
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was that the skill people were using to "perma stun" players? If so that is not fixing the problem ZOS. ...that's nerfing a skill to avoid fixing a glitch/exploit.

nope. blazing has no way in perma stunning anyone. The reason they nerf it is to compensate the duration from 4 to 8 secs for PVE purpose. But it just isn't a good change due to the reasons I mentioned in the post.

Glorious EP
    Courageous DC
    Relentless AD
    Options
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't play a Temp so y'all have to excuse me for coming up here in yalls house. But I do not like most of these "balance" changes regardless of the class.

Options