The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.2 is available.

Dont touch Velocious Curse

• Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Minalan wrote: »
    In PvE noone will use it like that. A skill that can only be used once very 6 seconds is useless for DDs.

*Every 12 seconds. Its a DoT with 2 ticks now.

Thats the nail in the coffing for everyone still trying to make DW work on sorc in pvp. I´m feeling for them.

@Derra Was expecting someone to say that. I guess I'll have to 1-shot people with Frags now LOL. So yeah I guess I'll have to go back to destro... Force Pulse and Destro got buffed after all. I'll miss my 20k Frags on noobs...

This change is absolutely ridiculous. DW sorcs are completely out, because they don't really have anything other than frags.

It looks like we're all picking up Ice staves and block casting everything. And back-barring curse.

I hate it. I'm terrible with a staff build. And spamming force pulse makes me feel like a zergling scrub.

I can already see the permablocking heavy armor ice staff templars with rune focus + blackrose + ritual 400 magica return PER SECOND.
    That´s all non regen related magica return.
    They can block with that returned magica.

What the *** that´s going to be so broken.

May I recommend some Desert Rose because my dessert just rose.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This change completely destroys dw magicka sorc.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    I may have spoken too soon which, just got heated, and so will admit that and be rational about this. Theres one thing that needs to be tested ASAP before we make judgements...will applying curse after the first explosion reset the skill or not? Cus if the echo is independent of the initial explosion, and you can have both a echo explosion and regular curse ticking at the same time...well that could be cool.

Can someone test and report back please? I cant get pts atm.

True. But knowing ZOS it will just refresh itself... If it can stack though, this might be a very solid DPS ability for PvE. PvP its still at most meh. You just can't burst a target down quickly enough. 6 seconds means that you get a tiny window for burst and literally no room for mistakes. If your burst gets countered, you have to wait another 6 seconds. Its all too clunky. If the had made it like 4.5 seconds and the second detonation dealing 25% less damage it eould already be more interesting.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In PvE noone will use it like that. A skill that can only be used once very 6 seconds is useless for DDs.

Thats the nail in the coffing for everyone still trying to make DW work on sorc in pvp. I´m feeling for them.

@Derra Was expecting someone to say that. I guess I'll have to 1-shot people with Frags now LOL. So yeah I guess I'll have to go back to destro... Force Pulse and Destro got buffed after all. I'll miss my 20k Frags on noobs...

This change is absolutely ridiculous. DW sorcs are completely out, because they don't really have anything other than frags.

It looks like we're all picking up Ice staves and block casting everything. And back-barring curse.

I hate it. I'm terrible with a staff build. And spamming force pulse makes me feel like a zergling scrub.

I can already see the permablocking heavy armor ice staff templars with rune focus + blackrose + ritual 400 magica return PER SECOND.

Agreed.
    I think NBs are gonna utilize both Ice and Fire staves as well. +8% damage is a LOT.

Another thing that I think has been passed over: Crushing shock not reflectable. This will pretty dramatically change the dynamic between mDK and any destro staff build (esp Sorc).

EDIT: the build will be Desert Rose + Malubeth.
    Edited by Ishammael on January 4, 2017 2:13AM
  • Icarus42
    Icarus42
    ✭✭✭
    In pvp as DW sorc 6 seconds is an eternity with no spammable. With this new morph you have absolutely no way of creating enough damage, and also a lot less control of timing burst. You can cast velocious 3 times in the time it takes this new version to go off twice.
    Also if it refreshes, what would be the point of even changing this skill in the first place? Besides extending the burst 2.5 seconds so it goes off after your dead?
    Ebonheart Pact - PC NA - Magicka Sorcerer
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wow.

Has anyone actually tested this yet?
  • nml
    nml
    ✭✭✭
    This is a terrible change and one that I do not support.

-NML
    Imperator, Ars Imperatoria
    North American PC/Mac, Trueflame
  • SublimeSparo
    SublimeSparo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You forgot the desert rose*
    PS4 EU CP900. PS4 NA CP600,
    vAA HM ☆ vHRC HM ☆ vSO HM ☆ vMOL
    4th Console vMOL clear,
    vMA cleared on all classes stam & magic

My Tribe
    EU
    High Sparo - Altmer - mSo DD.
    Wood Sparo - Bosmer - sNB DD
    Nord Sparo - Nord -sDK DD/Tank.
    Bubble Girl - Imperial -sTe DD
    Succubus Sue - Breton - mNB Tank.
    Andrana Stormlock - Altmer - mTe Healer/ DD
    Elvali Marvani - Dunmer - mDK DD.
    Venemus Draconem - Redguard - sDK DD
    Jayri Leki - Redguard - sSo DD.
    Miss Jabsalot - Altmer - mTe PvP DD/ Tank
    Mireli Hlaano - Dunmer - mNB DD.
    Ms Shanks - Redguard - sNB DD/ le bank

NA
    Dilemma Dame - Altmer - mDK DD
    Stamsorc Kitty - Redguard - sSor DD
    Aia Draconis - Imperial - sDK Tank
    Decides-Who-Lives - Argonian - mTe Healer
    You wont stop me - Altmer - mSo DD
    Stab in the dark - Khajiit - sNB DD
    Jabjabjab Beambeambeam - Dunmer - mTe DD
    Spatium Auxiliarus - Imperial - hTe Tank&bank
    Spectre - Altmer - mNB DD
    Can't-Main-Tank -Argonian - sDK offTank
  • SublimeSparo
    SublimeSparo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We should probably make this build public. Like new thread public. It's the only way to get this kind of garbage fixed before stupid goes live.

I posted it on general discussion earlier, but it wont change anything if @FENGRUSH 's tremor viper rose was anything to go by
    PS4 EU CP900. PS4 NA CP600,
    vAA HM ☆ vHRC HM ☆ vSO HM ☆ vMOL
    4th Console vMOL clear,
    vMA cleared on all classes stam & magic

My Tribe
    EU
    High Sparo - Altmer - mSo DD.
    Wood Sparo - Bosmer - sNB DD
    Nord Sparo - Nord -sDK DD/Tank.
    Bubble Girl - Imperial -sTe DD
    Succubus Sue - Breton - mNB Tank.
    Andrana Stormlock - Altmer - mTe Healer/ DD
    Elvali Marvani - Dunmer - mDK DD.
    Venemus Draconem - Redguard - sDK DD
    Jayri Leki - Redguard - sSo DD.
    Miss Jabsalot - Altmer - mTe PvP DD/ Tank
    Mireli Hlaano - Dunmer - mNB DD.
    Ms Shanks - Redguard - sNB DD/ le bank

NA
    Dilemma Dame - Altmer - mDK DD
    Stamsorc Kitty - Redguard - sSor DD
    Aia Draconis - Imperial - sDK Tank
    Decides-Who-Lives - Argonian - mTe Healer
    You wont stop me - Altmer - mSo DD
    Stab in the dark - Khajiit - sNB DD
    Jabjabjab Beambeambeam - Dunmer - mTe DD
    Spatium Auxiliarus - Imperial - hTe Tank&bank
    Spectre - Altmer - mNB DD
    Can't-Main-Tank -Argonian - sDK offTank
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like with all changes we need to wait and see, but it reads pretty crappie to me
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • K4RMA
    K4RMA
    ✭✭✭✭
    No one asked for this nerf, much like how no one asked for the nerf to Templar's shards. I don't see any point in messing with these two skills when clearly they are completely fine the way they are
    nerf mdk
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think PTS is live, someone test if it stacks.
    Edited by CyrusArya on January 4, 2017 6:02PM
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    double post.
    Edited by CyrusArya on January 4, 2017 6:02PM
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs have had so many nerfs. Ruining one of the few good sorc abilities out of nowhere. No one was even complaining about curse. Why?????

Who the hell gives ZOS these wacky ideas????

Every balance patch they ruin a unique ability on the sorc.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Let it go. Get past the anger, denial, and bargaining phase. Because, it won't change a thing.

ZOS is arrogant and stubborn, they have not nor will they ever revert a nerf.
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kodi tested it on stream. You can't stack the second hit. It refreshes. This is nothing but a malicious nerf and continued destruction of a class that the design team doesn't seem to like.

Meanwhile NBs didn't get any nerfs but a cost increase to magblade because everyone knows magicka NBs are super OP.

There is no silver lining to this. There is no "wait and see" we have waited and we have seen. This change is terrible.

Fortunately, the original skill was fine. No one thought it was OP, so just revert it.
    Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on January 5, 2017 2:57AM
  • RedJoker
    RedJoker
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, that's me :( Still hoping ZOS doesn't go through with it, but they never listen to players. But hey, at least pet builds are more viable *rolls eyes*
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RedJoker wrote: »

Yeah, that's me :( Still hoping ZOS doesn't go through with it, but they never listen to players. But hey, at least pet builds are more viable *rolls eyes*

That is simply not true. They have reverted multiple changes over the past. Lightning Staff AoE to name one. Lets just hope they will do the same again.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is simply not true. They have reverted multiple changes over the past. Lightning Staff AoE to name one. Lets just hope they will do the same again.

Check out my first attempt to parse a sorc...not amazing, but promising...a dps increase from live for sure...http://imgur.com/a/B9ux0
  • RedJoker
    RedJoker
    ✭✭✭

Thanks. Want to hope for the best, but just not very optimistic right now.
  • MopeyHat
    MopeyHat
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am really, really curious to see the rationale behind chopping a skill in half and making it look like double.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Check out my first attempt to parse a sorc...not amazing, but promising...a dps increase from live for sure...http://imgur.com/a/B9ux0

Daymn dat heavy attack build! So is that Curse DPS higher than on live? Doesn't really seem that way..! At least Velocious felt better in the rotation.
    That being said, its hard to judge considering that you didn't have major breach on this parse. And the destro passives have also changed so you're getting a real nice boost from that. What are your recent results on live?

So is curse buffed by lightning staff or flame staff? I'm thinking that sorcs will be using lightning cause liquid lightning and blockade are highest DPS sources. Plus we do get 13 more points in Thaumaturge so thats a nice little buff too!
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kodi tested it on stream. You can't stack the second hit. It refreshes. This is nothing but a malicious nerf and continued destruction of a class that the design team doesn't seem to like.

Meanwhile NBs didn't get any nerfs but a cost increase to magblade because everyone knows magicka NBs are super OP.

There is no silver lining to this. There is no "wait and see" we have waited and we have seen. This change is terrible.

Fortunately, the original skill was fine. No one thought it was OP, so just revert it.
    rofl
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Daymn dat heavy attack build! So is that Curse DPS higher than on live? Doesn't really seem that way..! At least Velocious felt better in the rotation.
    That being said, its hard to judge considering that you didn't have major breach on this parse. And the destro passives have also changed so you're getting a real nice boost from that. What are your recent results on live?

So is curse buffed by lightning staff or flame staff? I'm thinking that sorcs will be using lightning cause liquid lightning and blockade are highest DPS sources. Plus we do get 13 more points in Thaumaturge so thats a nice little buff too!

1. Hey that wasnt with the heavy attack build its woth FP spammable. Curse for PvE illicits mixed feelings...from one end i can only cast it every 12 seconds but from another end I no lobger have to press the button to have it damage the second time, so what I lose in the cast I gain through another FP.
    2. Curse is buffed by flame staff, but if you look at the parse more skills are AoE so im gonna try lightni g staff mainbar next.
    3. This was with ele drain in target so i did have major breach.
    4. I think I can get it to 35k unbuffed