The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Sanctum Ophidia - Feeding Pit Achievement bugged?

karpatska_vlcice
I was wondering if the above mentioned achivement in vSO is bugged or if we are doing something wrong, as we tried it yesterday (as per the old method form 2014 video) and the person carrying the meat didnt get the interaction on the pile of bones in the appropriate room.

So my question is, are we doing something wrong, or is it bugged? Also does it work on normal as well or only on vet mode? Did anyone tried it recently? Can you provide a guide?
Thanks for your replies.
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We had the same bug. I picked it up but crashed and lost the buff.
    We went back and picked it up but we couldn't interact when we got the room. At that point we had NOT killed the final boss but the doors were already opened.
    This was on vet mode.
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's bugged, as none of my trial mates have ever got it to work. It used to work because my main has the achievement, but now the meatpile doesn't activate. I've had meat in my inventory for ages!

Starting to whiff a bit... :P
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • karpatska_vlcice
    Thats really sad then.

I was searching high and wide for any relevant posts or articles on this matter, but I couldnt find anything. Not even a guide (except that above mentioned video from 2014) or recent video :(

In the meantime we tried it couple more times, but each and every time (regardless if we took the meat after killing manticora or before) the meat dissapeared (or not even appeared) in the inventory of the person picking it up, nor there was no interaction on the feeding pile whatsoever. :/ (we havent touched the last boss before trying the meat first on each run)
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you submitted a bug report. We had this issue, but thought it was because we were running on Normal and it couldn't be done in that mode.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Arkadius
    Arkadius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen this issue too. Have been speculating if it now requires vet mode, maybe.
  • Edenprime
    Edenprime
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only works in veteran mode now. Same for the HRC horn achievement.
    Guildmaster of the largest Finnish community for ESO (dragonborninc.fi), ESO-Hub contributor, co-leader of PC/EU's largest trading network, Occasional coordinator of Bethesda Nordic community events and a raider. Twitter Twitch | Youtube
  • karpatska_vlcice
    We were trying it on veteran mode, but no luck either. We will try next time in vSO, if its not working I will report the bug.
  • karpatska_vlcice
    Ok so I reported this thing with no response so far. Still bugged though. @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • WardogAce
    WardogAce
    ✭✭✭
    We tried it too and it didnt activate. The whole trial group sent a bug report and there hasn't been any response (it's been happening since December for us) @ZOS_GinaBruno
    You walk the narrow path that cuts between glory and sacrifice--valor and patience. You measure your pursuit of honor with reason and foresight.
    Playing since October 2013
    • Armazd Krikor: Stamina Sorcerer- DC Redguard | PVE/PVP DPS
    • Artemis Mihr: Magicka Templar - EP Dunmer | PVP DPS
    • Arwen Lucine: Magicka Sorcerer - DC Dunmer | PVE DPS
    vMA | vDSA | vSO HM | vHRC HM | vAA HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS +1 | vCR +2

• xSkullfox
    xSkullfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno its still bugged ....
    Groupfinder:
    The worst part is when it finally puts you in a group, your healer turns into a werewolf, your tank has 14k HP and the dps is heavy armor, using a restro staff and a two handed sword on the backbar. Then comes the 15 minute penalty before the cycle starts anew.

Rulz of Morrowind:
    • The first rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • The second rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • Third rule of Morrowind: Someone yells NDA stuff, uploads images, streams, the game is over.
    • Fourth rule: only invited players can test.
    • Fifth rule: one invite at a time, fellas.
    • Sixth rule: crying or bashing on pts.
    • Seventh rule: NDA will go on as long as they have to.
    • And the eighth and final rule: If this is your first invite at Morrowind, you have to play.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    xSkullfox wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno its still bugged ....

Yes it is.. We tried it last week, 8/25/17.......Still Bugged
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • commdt
    commdt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still bugged and still no reply. The buff persists when you die, but no synergy shows up at feeding pit
    Rawr
  • Zapzarap
    Zapzarap
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was wondering if the above mentioned achivement in vSO is bugged or if we are doing something wrong, as we tried it yesterday (as per the old method form 2014 video) and the person carrying the meat didnt get the interaction on the pile of bones in the appropriate room.

So my question is, are we doing something wrong, or is it bugged? Also does it work on normal as well or only on vet mode? Did anyone tried it recently? Can you provide a guide?
    Thanks for your replies.

Yeah. that thing is bugged since a year or so.
    Rolle: Tank
    Gilde: eXceed-Gaming
    Youtube: Zapzarap

Craglorn: vAA HM, vHR HM, vSO HM
    DLC: vMOL HM, vHoF HM, vAS (+2), vCR (+3), vSS HM
    Tick-Tock Tormentor // Immortal Redeemer // Gryphon Heart
  • IronCrystal
    IronCrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, this is the only achievement I'm missing in the trial category :(

Yeah its been bugged quite a while.
    Make PC NA raiding great again!

Down with drama!

What Mechanics Healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer

Homestead Raid Scores
    vHRC 157,030
    vAA 138,287
    vSO 153,393
    vMoL 154,550

Not raiding in Morrowind
  • xSkullfox
    xSkullfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Groupfinder:
    The worst part is when it finally puts you in a group, your healer turns into a werewolf, your tank has 14k HP and the dps is heavy armor, using a restro staff and a two handed sword on the backbar. Then comes the 15 minute penalty before the cycle starts anew.

Rulz of Morrowind:
    • Third rule of Morrowind: Someone yells NDA stuff, uploads images, streams, the game is over.
    • And the eighth and final rule: If this is your first invite at Morrowind, you have to play.
  • xS Foxy
    xS Foxy
    It's my last succes on the all base game succes.. 1 year layer still bugged .. i dont understand @ZOS_GinaBruno devs work on this bug or ignore the thousands report of the community?
  • yukikenzo
    yukikenzo
    ✭✭✭
    Wait... its still bugged? lol Bug too op, please nerf ZOS!
    PS5 EU
    rich in ESO, poor irl
  • xSkullfox
    xSkullfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eso store bug: can't buy morrowind upgrade [Alas I tried but your store died]
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4663264/#Comment_4663264

LOTH' NA Caverns STILL BUGGED over a YEAR Later
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4662623#Comment_4662623
    ^
    Responded 22.Nov

and we still waiting, looks like they give a duck about the trials.

Another example is the poison in HOF which never despawn after the last boss which is a bug.....
    Groupfinder:

Rulz of Morrowind:
  • xSkullfox
    xSkullfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^
    Groupfinder:

Rulz of Morrowind:
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If IRC this has been bugged for just about forever. I don't know of anyone that has got it to work, at least not recently. We were running the trial the other day and there were at least 75% of the group that didn't even know what the area was for, tells you well that particular event is working. Hey, its only been 2-3 years depending on your platform, they'll get to it, no need to reminded them every 6 months.
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    any ETA on the fix?

Will it break the record of willow's path?
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • xSkullfox
    xSkullfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    in a feeding pit far far away...
    Groupfinder:

Rulz of Morrowind:
  • xSkullfox
    xSkullfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MBrUDU1.png
    Groupfinder:

Rulz of Morrowind:
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MBrUDU1.png

I believe in you, Mr @ZOS_Finn !
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    MBrUDU1.png

I believe in you, Mr @ZOS_Finn !

Can I get response why today's patch notes doesn't have a fix for this issue? It's been 2-3 years already, ffs! It's not even funny anymore! Such an incompetence!

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    @ZOS_Finn
  • ZOS_Finn
    ZOS_Finn
    Dungeon, Encounter
    & Monster Lead
    It will be fixed for this Update, it just was not fixed in time for the initial patch.
    Lead Encounter Designer (Dungeons, Monsters, Encounters)
    Staff Post
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy Necro Fix, I mean Dec 2016, not too bad...
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
  • saf227_ESO
    saf227_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mentioned this directly to Rich while talking to him at the Twitchcon meet-and-greet in Long Beach. And he was like, "What is it? It's bugged? I didn't know. We can look into that." <sigh>
    But I'm glad it's getting fixed. :)
    Edited by saf227_ESO on January 9, 2018 4:08PM
  • xSkullfox
    xSkullfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/390363/pc-mac-patch-notes-v3-2-12#latest

Achievements
    Feeding Pit: You can once again use the meat to begin the optional Feeding Pit encounter in order to complete this achievement.

Took ZOS only 2 years to fix a single achievement...
    Groupfinder:

Rulz of Morrowind:
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    saf227_ESO wrote: »
    I mentioned this directly to Rich while talking to him at the Twitchcon meet-and-greet in Long Beach. And he was like, "What is it? It's bugged? I didn't know. We can look into that." <sigh>
    But I'm glad it's getting fixed. :)

Which is also amazing considering there has been A LOT of threads about it on the forums. I am though very glad that it is fixed.