The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vok Cor | "True PvP Tanking" | Medium Scale Montage

DKsUnite
DKsUnite
✭✭✭✭✭
Edited by DKsUnite on December 30, 2016 10:12PM
Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • Earendal
    Earendal
    ✭✭✭✭
    PvP tanks, take note; this is how it's done.
    Earendal - AD Templar
    Earendal Ebonheart - EP Templar
    Earendal Spellstorm - EP Sorcerer

Haxus and Havoc
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The master.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earendal wrote: »
    Do not aggro, let group members collect damage in vanguard and drain healer resources?

Don't take me wrong: i like @DKsUnite mDK vids, but looks like that this tank creates more problems for group than solves
  • emma666
    emma666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DKsUnite wrote: »

Ash mine was so good. Love the witcher music, and you're OP as usual!
    Do not aggro, let group members collect damage in vanguard and drain healer resources?

Don't take me wrong: i like @DKsUnite mDK vids, but looks like that this tank creates more problems for group than solves

Are we watching the same video..? Groups consider themselves lucky to have Leo in it, he helps out the group alot with his tank build

Nymeria - Ebonheart - Grand Overlady - Imperial Templar - Havoc

I wish you good fortune in the wars to come.
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've watched it from beginning to the end, didn't seen any try to handle LoS or aggro collecting, so mDK would be more useful. In last vid you see that this build dies instantly after everyone who heal him, so it's huge blackhole for magicka, but not tank
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean... He is immobilizing, snaring, debuffing incoming damage, dropping enough banners to rival asgari's banner down vid when he was emp to keep defile on targets, and going into groups first to initiate contact. There is no pvp aggro in this game so I would say he is definitely a tank, especially in the confines of the definition as it would apply to this game. Hands and feet more useful than someone that just runs about holding block doing nothing to impact enemies at all. And if we are being serious, He died, while CC'd, in a sea of 22 enemies, that I could count, on the top of a resource tower that was also under siege fire.

Edit: To clarify, yes Vir is a friend of mine. However that aside, I think it's a matter of what you consider a tank.. Or more specifically, PvP tank, or even a tank in ESO.
    Edited by caeliusstarbreaker on December 29, 2016 8:29PM
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • loki547
    loki547
    ✭✭✭✭
    What's the difference between true PvP tanking and false PvP tanking? The world may never know.
    Edited by loki547 on December 29, 2016 8:23PM
  • emma666
    emma666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've watched it from beginning to the end, didn't seen any try to handle LoS or aggro collecting, so mDK would be more useful. In last vid you see that this build dies instantly after everyone who heal him, so it's huge blackhole for magicka, but not tank

I don't think you realize in the last clip, it was a 8man vs 40-50 AD and we were all bound to die by being overwhelmed with numbers and siege. He debuffs and CC's enemies, pop speed, offheals and uses guard. Compared to a tank who does nothing else but block, Vyr cor does ALOT for the group, and saying he nerfs the group is just plain wrong

Nymeria - Ebonheart - Grand Overlady - Imperial Templar - Havoc

I wish you good fortune in the wars to come.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome!

Regardless of what critics may say, I think both the video and the player are top notch.
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although I think Core was very effective in his role in this video, I have a hard time calling this "tanking." This is a disruptor build, not a tank. I actually run the same gear setup in group, he's debuffing the groups healing to almost nothing when his standard is down, and well as providing CC, damage debuffs, and interrupts. It's a really strong setup.

A tank is more about pulling aggro and survival under high pressure than this type of build.

The merits of either playstyle have been discussed quite a bit, but it's disingenuous to call this "true" tanking, especially when it's debatable whether or not this is even tanking.
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean... He is immobilizing, snaring, debuffing incoming damage, dropping enough banners to rival asgari's banner down vid when he was emp to keep defile on targets, and going into groups first to initiate contact. There is no pvp aggro in this game so I would say he is definitely a tank, especially in the confines of the definition as it would apply to this game. Hands and feet more useful than someone that just runs about holding block doing nothing to impact enemies at all. And if we are being serious, He died, while CC'd, in a sea of 22 enemies, that I could count, on the top of a resource tower that was also under siege fire.

Edit: To clarify, yes Vir is a friend of mine. However that aside, I think it's a matter of what you consider a tank.. Or more specifically, PvP tank, or even a tank in ESO.

Roll a tank and run around a keep fight, then tell me there's no PvP aggro in this game.
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All those things are more effective if they going from mDK, those seconds of taking damage cannot be considered as tanking, sorry.

here's tank:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqOIvvBmeAM
    get aggro, handle it - two simple rules, he also debuff healing and even immobilise, if synergy counts
    emma666 wrote: »

I don't think you realize in the last clip, it was a 8man vs 40-50 AD and we were all bound to die by being overwhelmed with numbers and siege. He debuffs and CC's enemies, pop speed, offheals and uses guard. Compared to a tank who does nothing else but block, Vyr cor does ALOT for the group, and saying he nerfs the group is just plain wrong
    Theres no fight 50AD, it's multiple groups which came by ~10 of mostly novices who doesn't even try to get out from negate or tallons: roll dodge? nah, i'll spam breakfree and get bash instead

Whatever, not everyone agree that this vid is about tanking, it's more about negate+destro ulti OP ness
    Edited by Sugaroverdose on December 29, 2016 9:08PM
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Although I think Core was very effective in his role in this video, I have a hard time calling this "tanking." This is a disruptor build, not a tank. I actually run the same gear setup in group, he's debuffing the groups healing to almost nothing when his standard is down, and well as providing CC, damage debuffs, and interrupts. It's a really strong setup.

A tank is more about pulling aggro and survival under high pressure than this type of build.

The merits of either playstyle have been discussed quite a bit, but it's disingenuous to call this "true" tanking, especially when it's debatable whether or not this is even tanking.

Leo, apparently you're a disruptor, not tank.
    Should have consulted with ssewallb14_ESO first before making that video and giving it a title.
    Strongly recommend next time you make a video to poll the forums first to ensure you're using the correct nomenclature.

(PS. Cool video! )
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Roll a tank and run around a keep fight, then tell me there's no PvP aggro in this game.

By no aggro I meant there is no taunt in pvp... Nothing that solely makes a player only hit you. I don't need to roll a tank to understand that an immense amount of players will target you, as it happens to me daily.

All those things are more effective if they going from mDK, those seconds of taking damage cannot be considered as tanking, sorry.

here's tank:
    get aggro, handle it - two simple rules, he also debuff healing and even immobilise, if synergy counts

Theres no fight 50AD, it's multiple groups which came by ~10 of mostly novices who doesn't even try to get out from negate or tallons: roll dodge? nah, i'll spam breakfree and get bash instead

Whatever, not everyone agree that this vid is about tanking, it's more about negate+destro ulti OP ness

I'm not saying anything about his death other than he was killed by 22 people, while under siege, in the time it took to break CC.
    No discredit to the person whose video you linked, but there are what... 3 group members in that resource tower? Of which the only person who he helped was the one person he was guarding, effecting the enemy in no way other than his banner and his voli armor, running malubeth and vitality pots, if he isn't tanky there is a problem. I'm not trying to talk down on tanking, but I'm saying there is more to tanking in this game than standing there after your group mates died because you can do nothing else. If Vir wanted he could make vitality pots, slap on malubeth and do the same thing and just cycle sword and board ulti, instead he made use of his abilities to control the fight and give his team an edge, which I think is more in line with what a pvp tank in ESO should do. Heck, even lemur could kill people with his tank spec, which again is more than the video you posted showcased.

No disrespect to the person who made the video, and I hope that you are enjoying your play style, your survivability is awesome, but in my opinion, just standing there taking damage is not what a pvp tank makes.

Edit: for further address..
    It's real easy to keep aggro when you are the only two left alive.
    Edited by caeliusstarbreaker on December 29, 2016 9:24PM
    K-Hole
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ishammael wrote: »

Leo, apparently you're a disruptor, not tank.
    Should have consulted with ssewallb14_ESO first before making that video and giving it a title.
    Strongly recommend next time you make a video to poll the forums first to ensure you're using the correct nomenclature.

(PS. Cool video! )

Though I don't know the person you quoted, it didn't sound as if they were trying to impose their own definitions or opinions on others. ;)

Aside from that... I actually wouldn't call the video "small scale" in the first place. With that in mind, I would naturally understand "true" small scale tanking differently than what was shown in the OP's video. And I am quite sure OP is aware how his own playstyle would change as well with even lower numbers.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • loki547
    loki547
    ✭✭✭✭
    By no aggro I meant there is no taunt in pvp...

WRONG!! Change your name to TAMERLIN and you will become a true believer of PvP Taunt.
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    loki547 wrote: »
    By no aggro I meant there is no taunt in pvp...

WRONG!! Change your name to TAMERLIN and you will become a true believer of PvP Taunt.

Haha that's not a game mechanic! Those were your own choices!!
    K-Hole
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭

By no aggro I meant there is no taunt in pvp... Nothing that solely makes a player only hit you. I don't need to roll a tank to understand that an immense amount of players will target you, as it happens to me daily.

here's tank:

I'm not saying anything about his death other than he was killed by 22 people, while under siege, in the time it took to break CC.
    No discredit to the person whose video you linked, but there are what... 3 group members in that resource tower? Of which the only person who he helped was the one person he was guarding, effecting the enemy in no way other than his banner and his voli armor, running malubeth and vitality pots, if he isn't tanky there is a problem. I'm not trying to talk down on tanking, but I'm saying there is more to tanking in this game than standing there after your group mates died because you can do nothing else. If Vir wanted he could make vitality pots, slap on malubeth and do the same thing and just cycle sword and board ulti, instead he made use of his abilities to control the fight and give his team an edge, which I think is more in line with what a pvp tank in ESO should do. Heck, even lemur could kill people with his tank spec, which again is more than the video you posted showcased.

No disrespect to the person who made the video, and I hope that you are enjoying your play style, your survivability is awesome, but in my opinion, just standing there taking damage is not what a pvp tank makes.

Edit: for further address..
    It's real easy to keep aggro when you are the only two left alive.
    It's not my channel, i don't play stam, ever
    If you interested about tanking just watch other vids and build.

what happens in OP vid just isn't tanking, if get your logic and place it on any XvX then even LA sorc after surviving 30 seconds under pressure is "learn how to tank in pvp"
    Edited by Sugaroverdose on December 29, 2016 10:00PM
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knew the hate would flow for this title lol.

I know I'm not a healer because my heals aren't big. I know I'm not a dps because my damage is low. However I do know that I run snares, roots, stuns, damage debuffs and healing debuffs all which protect my group from getting overwhelmed and allow them to pick and choose when they want to engage. To me, that is the definition of a tank just as much as soaking damage is.

I purposely included fights with organized groups (vanzan, the DC group on the tower etc.) To show how a tank can help when groups are taught to ignore the tank.

I would highly question the effectiveness of a tank by your standards in most of the situations I have in the video. In what way would a tank that holds block be effective in that last fight? What is the point of out living your group if you don't help?

Do you know what organized groups call tanks that just hold block and walk into the middle of you hoping that you will attack them and not the 30 squishies behind them?
    They call them out of combat ulti gen.

Latest Videos:

• Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know I'm not a healer because my heals aren't big. I know I'm not a dps because my damage is low. However I do know that I run snares, roots, stuns, damage debuffs and healing debuffs all which protect my group from getting overwhelmed and allow them to pick and choose when they want to engage. To me, that is the definition of a tank just as much as soaking damage is.

I purposely included fights with organized groups (vanzan, the DC group on the tower etc.) To show how a tank can help when groups are taught to ignore the tank.

I would highly question the effectiveness of a tank by your standards in most of the situations I have in the video. In what way would a tank that holds block be effective in that last fight? What is the point of out living your group if you don't help?

Do you know what organized groups call tanks that just hold block and walk into the middle of you hoping that you will attack them and not the 30 squishies behind them?
    Tank is opponent DPS black hole, it doesn't matter how does he eats damage - by spamming shields, dodging or staying in block. If you can't survive under pressure by yourself - you're not a tank.
    Edited by Sugaroverdose on December 29, 2016 10:04PM
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

here's tank:

all i literally saw with that video (only watched like 2 minutes) is he became the target and the one to kill once the group's healers and dps all died. he let his group die while he stood block. In what way, shape or form is that helpful to the group? You might aswell not have him in there, its the same thing.
    Edited by DKsUnite on December 29, 2016 10:04PM

Latest Videos:

• Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭

here's tank:

all i literally saw with that video (only watched like 2 minutes) is he became the target and the one to kill once the group's healers and dps all died. he let his group die while he stood block. In what way, shape or form is that helpful to the group? You might aswell not have him in there, its the same thing.
    Your build would die before magplar, cause smart healing just didn't him give a chance to heal other people in group
    And if you didn't notice: there's 4 people(not 8 which is bigger than AoE cap allows to damage with 100%), 0 destro ult
    Edited by Sugaroverdose on December 29, 2016 10:07PM
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you're questioning Vyr Cor's contribution to his group you're out of your mind.

I'd also like to point out, to the people talking about a tank surviving by himself, without healers. Go hit up vMoL and tell me how that no healer *** goes. I'd rather have someone working to buff my group while debuffing the opposing group than someone running a pure damage sponge. If we're bombing pugs, I just want pure damage on everyone... but if you're fighting someone competent, having a guy like this in group is a game changer.

Great vid as always!
  • Aegonnn
    Aegonnn
    ✭✭✭
    Good Stuff Vyr Cor!! op
    Grand Overlord DK - EP/DC
    Havöc and Dracarys
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    If you're questioning Vyr Cor's contribution to his group you're out of your mind.

I'd also like to point out, to the people talking about a tank surviving by himself, without healers. Go hit up vMoL and tell me how that no healer *** goes. I'd rather have someone working to buff my group while debuffing the opposing group than someone running a pure damage sponge. If we're bombing pugs, I just want pure damage on everyone... but if you're fighting someone competent, having a guy like this in group is a game changer.

Great vid as always!
    Quote plz.
    Edited by Sugaroverdose on December 29, 2016 10:17PM
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Tank is opponent DPS black hole, it doesn't matter how does he eats damage - by spamming shields, dodging or staying in block. If you can't survive under pressure by yourself - you're not a tank.

So if it doesn't matter how he eats damage... Then wouldn't debuffing healing, debuffing damage, immobilizing and snaring opponents to negate the damage done to himself and group stack up in the same column?

And if you're really gonna keep dogging on him for dying in that last clip... At least be rational and understand that even in the clip you linked all it takes is the same amount of people on you in a resource tower as vir's clip and one fear and that tank is rip as well.
    K-Hole
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Are we really comparing a video of 12+ low CP players trying to get the "YOU DID A HEAVY ATTACK!" achievement against the ending portion of Leo's video?
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • loki547
    loki547
    ✭✭✭✭

Ironic since I have yet to encounter an "organized group" that doesn't constantly dump their ults on me for minutes at a time. I leave it to the imagination the terms I coin for said groups ;)
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    loki547 wrote: »

Ironic since I have yet to encounter an "organized group" that doesn't constantly dump their ults on me for minutes at a time. I leave it to the imagination the terms I coin for said groups ;)

I love seeing you, thank you for that ulti.
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    Addons
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So if it doesn't matter how he eats damage... Then wouldn't debuffing healing, debuffing damage, immobilizing and snaring opponents to negate the damage done to himself and group stack up in the same column?

And if you're really gonna keep dogging on him for dying in that last clip... At least be rational and understand that even in the clip you linked all it takes is the same amount of people on you in a resource tower as vir's clip and one fear and that tank is rip as well.
    Healing debuff reduces DPS? ok.

Not my clip, once again. And he does get cc'ed, not by CC immunity cooldown, but not rare.

Only one thing i basically was against in this topic is statement that this vid teaches how to tank, it's basically not true
    Edited by Sugaroverdose on December 29, 2016 10:34PM