The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Hexys Magicka Sorcerer PvP Build for Update 12 - One Tamriel (2.6.5) - Insane stats!

• Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Back to the drawing board Hexys, trainee set is getting the nerf bat.

PTS notes:

Armor of the Trainee: Reduced the Max Magicka, Stamina, and Health granted by this item set to 1250 from 2500.

Their justification is simple: trainee is supposed to be a new player set, not and end game one.
  • Hexys
    Hexys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aLi3nZ wrote: »
    I was playing around with my gear just now. Some pretty insane spell damage stats here:

5x Clever Alchamist
    5x Burning Spell Weave
    2x Molag Kena

All Proc'd

BWEcs3s.jpg

That's alot of damage haha! If only you could sustain that it would be insane. :p
    Yo Hexys, i gotta point something out. why not run medium trainee legs and amberplasm boots instead? Its a bit more physical resistance.

also my stats, close set up to yours but I dont run amberplasm. im using 1 recovery glyph on jewelry so can add 170 sd if i want.

also im only 380ish CP so cant wait to see at CP cap....wish they sold CP on crown store. /ducks

sn48tn7cn4eu.png
    Minalan wrote: »
    Back to the drawing board Hexys, trainee set is getting the nerf bat.

PTS notes:

Armor of the Trainee: Reduced the Max Magicka, Stamina, and Health granted by this item set to 1250 from 2500.

Their justification is simple: trainee is supposed to be a new player set, not and end game one.

RIP Trainee :'(

So, yes, that means the key to this build is going to fall very sadly. I think I will swap to Malcolm's build; 5 amberplasm, 3 willpower, 2 undaunted (slime or pirate) and a maelstrom or master staff.
    Astrum | Daggerfall Covenan | EU-PC
    Noricum | Daggerfall Covenant | EU-PC
    Spectral | Ebonheart Pact | EU-PC

DC | AR 50 | Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (07-08-2016)
    AD | AR 50 | Hexposed - Magicka Sorcerer (27-04-2017)
    EP | AR 50 | Darth Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (05-08-2018)
    EP | AR 50 | Grand Overload Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (03-03-2021)
    EP | AR 39 | Legendary Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer

EP | AR 43 | Hexyles - Stamina Nightblade
    EP | AR 49 | Hexys - Stamina Nightblade (23-02-2022)
    EP | AR 35 | Hexesy Shadowblade - Stamina Nightblade

EP | AR 50 | Hexesy - Magicka Warden (31-01-2021)
    EP | AR 49 | Hexyra - Magicka Warden (07-03-2021)

EP | AR 34 | Hexesy Czyterski - Magicka Necromancer

2.5k+ Champion Points
    Earned over 640.000.000 Alliance Points!

@Hexiss - Youtube Channel - Twitch Channel
  • Hexys
    Hexys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5eeba27d46.png

Just checked my stats on the PTS and they are still ok with the nerf to trainee, at least not nerfed enough for me to not use it.

And with the damage increase on the flame staff my crystal fragment tooltip is increased by 650 so. :p

2.5k+ Champion Points

• Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hexys wrote: »
    5eeba27d46.png

Just checked my stats on the PTS and they are still ok with the nerf to trainee, at least not nerfed enough for me to not use it.

And with the damage increase on the flame staff my crystal fragment tooltip is increased by 650 so. :p

I'm glad that works for you.

I'm just not sure it's any better than running a much higher damage set with tri-stat glyphs on the large pieces though.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5eeba27d46.png

I'm glad that works for you.

I'm just not sure it's any better than running a much higher damage set with tri-stat glyphs on the large pieces though.

Which is ofc only an option if you didn´t already run tristat glyphs on large pieces.

Tbh - the trainee nerf is completely ok. It´s still one of the most effective sets statwise when compared to normal setbonuses. Only competition are amberplasm, necropotence, bonepirate, draugr hulk.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Hexys
    Hexys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just did some stats checking on the PTS and I'm almost sure I'm going to run 5 amberplasm / 3 willpower / Flame VMA sharp destro / 2 Slimecraw OR Pirate skeleton.

I'm going to run this with tri-food as I just like to have a good stamina pool and make up my sustain with running 1 recovery glyph and 6 light instead of 5 light. I still have 38k magicka on this setup.

My force pulse tooltip is just over 10k and my procced fragment (with spell damage enchant & slimecraw) is almost 19k, that's insane!

2.5k+ Champion Points

• Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just did some stats checking on the PTS and I'm almost sure I'm going to run 5 amberplasm / 3 willpower / Flame VMA sharp destro / 2 Slimecraw OR Pirate skeleton.

I'm going to run this with tri-food as I just like to have a good stamina pool and make up my sustain with running 1 recovery glyph and 6 light instead of 5 light. I still have 38k magicka on this setup.

My force pulse tooltip is just over 10k and my procced fragment (with spell damage enchant & slimecraw) is almost 19k, that's insane!

Amberplasm almost begs to use dark exchange for recovery, the set is great because it's a damage set with great recovery in just the fifth piece.

Those are some pretty impressive damage stats BTW, I'd love to see you empower that frag and see what it hits for..
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just posted this on the new patch notes thread:

Would like to discuss the trainee armor set nerf a bit, having used it since it's release in one tamriel I am quite dismayed at its new obselete stats...

I'm talking behalf Magicka characters for the following statements...

So the idea was by using the trainee armor set one could free themselves from the forced use of Tri-stat in PvP... A pigeonhole that any balanced Magicka characters know all too well in this game (along with essentially teaching yourself that roll dodging means death). Anyways it free'd up the ability to use dual stat food, or max Magicka and mag Regen food, etc. It created a freedom long since desired in this game for myself and I'm sure several others.

By the proposed changes to the 5th piece bonus you are making it obselete when compared to Tri-stat food. Through different armor set combinations (mind you ones that aren't limited to the training trait) you can easily provide a character with better stats in every category by just running Tri-stat.

I'll present an example of my live character who currently uses Trainee:

Live: Magicka 46,800, Health 21,000, Stamina 13,800 (Dual stat)

PTS: Magicka 45,000, Health 19,500, Stamina, 12,200 (Dual stat)

Now by simply changing armor sets and using Tri-stat...

Live: Magicka 47,600, Health 16,500, Stamina 14,400
    (using necropotence and a Max Magicka monster helm and Tri-stat)

As you can see I have the option of moving from my Magicka pool to fill my health pool to above and beyond that of my trainee set post patch (along with a 2k higher stamina pool)...

So all I'm saying is this patch simply makes a once unique and not overly used set completely obselete to other options already in the game.

It's not the end of the world, it's just I really enjoyed the variety that the Trainee set gave me when it came to consumable options...

Regardless I'll adapt, I always do. Just thought I would present reasonable evidence to show that the proposed changes to the 5th set piece will make it a "dumb" option to any player that can simply run numbers and adjust accordingly.

Anyways thanks for reading, and looking forward to many of the updates this patch will bring!

Edit: Also regarding the comparison to the Draug'r set, I think it needs to be taken into consideration the other set bonuses being health and magicka making it a different option rather than a "better" option to Draug'r. Where Stamina is extremely important to Magicka characters, Magicka doesn't share the same necessity for Stamina players. This makes Draug'r still a more beneficial set to most stamina players.

Also an avid user of trainee and sad to see it go... The new build you guys are talking about looks interesting, but I prefer using sword and board over resto which means shield strength is rather important to me. Anyways back to the drawing board for me
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necro comes with a big drawback though.
    <Noricum>

• KisoValley
    KisoValley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Btw hexys gets all his ideas from me
  • Hexys
    Hexys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KisoValley wrote: »
    Btw hexys gets all his ideas from me

You leecher haha

2.5k+ Champion Points

• Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

About pirate skeleton, didn't have time to test it when I started my break in november, is the set can proc if damage only hit the shield ? And is the buff work on shield ?

Never looked at slimecraw set, seems a very good idea !
  • Dyride
    Dyride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yo Hexys, i gotta point something out. why not run medium trainee legs and amberplasm boots instead? Its a bit more physical resistance.

"Big" Resistance gear pieces are different than the system for enchants. Chest has the most armor, then Head, Shoulders, Legs and Boots have a large Resistance value and belts and gloves are the small pieces.

Aedaryl wrote: »

About pirate skeleton, didn't have time to test it when I started my break in november, is the set can proc if damage only hit the shield ? And is the buff work on shield ?

Set procs on damage to your health, not on hits to shields. It is a very strong set considering the 30% damage mitigation applies to your shields, in effect making them 30% larger while a skeleton.

V Є H Є M Є И C Є
      Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
      Solongandthanksforallthef
      Revenge of the Hist
      Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
    1. Hexys
      Hexys
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Dyride wrote: »

"Big" Resistance gear pieces are different than the system for enchants. Chest has the most armor, then Head, Shoulders, Legs and Boots have a large Resistance value and belts and gloves are the small pieces.

Aedaryl wrote: »

Set procs on damage to your health, not on hits to shields. It is a very strong set considering the 30% damage mitigation applies to your shields, in effect making them 30% larger while a skeleton.

Thanks for the clarifications! Yes Pirate skeleton is really good in combination with undeath from vampire, makes you super tanky under 50% health. :p

2.5k+ Champion Points

2. Derra
      Derra
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Sometimes i have to ask myself - why do ppl:
      a) post things they obviously did not test.
      b) believe things others say while testing themselves would take 60s max.

Pirate skeleton very much proccs from dmg on shields aswell.

And if it wasn´t proccing from dmg on shields it would be not working as intended as zos made it very clear they want all proccs to work on shields aswell back in the days.
      But it does. So...
      Edited by Derra on January 20, 2017 7:54AM
      <Noricum>

3. Biro123
      Biro123
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Derra wrote: »

And if it wasn´t proccing from dmg on shields it would be not working as intended as zos made it very clear they want all proccs to work on shields aswell back in the days.
      But it does. So...

I was gonna say.. I *thought* it did..

Had the same argument with somebody on here a while back about constitution - even though I'd tested it (since I wasn't sure myself initially) he just wouldn't listen and kept arguing the opposite.

I just like getting set on fire as the skeleton - going all 'ghost-rider' ofc. that would be better as a DK with the chain-pull and all. It is *slightly* bugged though - as all too often in 'skeleton form' one weapon set or the other just isn't rendered on your character - which confuses the crap out of me since that's usually how I tell which bar i'm on. (that or dying cos I just started hardcasting a frag instead of shielding....)
      Edited by Biro123 on January 20, 2017 9:32AM
      Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
      Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
      Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
      Aidee - Magsorc - DC
      Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
      Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
    4. Minalan
      Minalan
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Biro123 wrote: »

But it does. So...

Had the same argument with somebody on here a while back about constitution - even though I'd tested it (since I wasn't sure myself initially) he just wouldn't listen and kept arguing the opposite.

I just like getting set on fire as the skeleton - going all 'ghost-rider' ofc. that would be better as a DK with the chain-pull and all. It is *slightly* bugged though - as all too often in 'skeleton form' one weapon set or the other just isn't rendered on your character - which confuses the crap out of me since that's usually how I tell which bar i'm on. (that or dying cos I just started hardcasting a frag instead of shielding....)

I've heard streamers swear up and down that constitution doesn't work on shields.
    5. Waffennacht
      Waffennacht
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

But it does. So...

I've heard streamers swear up and down that constitution doesn't work on shields.

I know back in the day the HA wrath passive did not. I extensively tested that to make sure. Could have changed as it's been a while
      Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
      1300+ CP
      Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    6. Biro123
      Biro123
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭

But it does. So...

I know back in the day the HA wrath passive did not. I extensively tested that to make sure. Could have changed as it's been a while

Just tested again - both constitution AND wrath proc while shielded.. Soo easy to test - slot hvy armour, check spell dmg find a mob, dodgeroll to burn some stam, shield up and let it beat on you.
      I use LUI which shows every 4 seconds equal amounts of stam/mag being gained - and checking your stats shows the extra spelldmg.
      Edited by Biro123 on January 22, 2017 10:26PM
      Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
      Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
      Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
      Aidee - Magsorc - DC
      Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
      Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
    7. Enoyl
      Enoyl
      Soul Shriven
      Hexy,

What do you recommend Champion System 600points?
    8. cschwingeb14_ESO
      cschwingeb14_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭
      All the theory crafting I do can't come up with anything better for "generic" sorc PvP than 5x Amberplasm, 3x willpower, 2x monster and vMA staves (defending resto). Thief stone

I keep a regen willpower neck for Azuras, and chug pots there
    9. Hexys
      Hexys
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Enoyl wrote: »
      Hexy,

What do you recommend Champion System 600points?

I am currently running my CP like this:
      The Tower: 100 Magician
      The Lover: 89 Arcanist / 2 Mooncalf
      The Shadow: 9 Tumbling

The Apprentice: 100 Elemental Expert / 78 Elfborn / 18 Spell Erosion / 1 Blessed
      The Atronach: 1 Staff Expert
      The Ritual: 2 Thaumaturge

The Steed: Filling it untill I have 1.5k crit resistance
      The Lady: Spend every point left equal between Hardy/Elemental Defender
      The Lord: 100 Bastion
      All the theory crafting I do can't come up with anything better for "generic" sorc PvP than 5x Amberplasm, 3x willpower, 2x monster and vMA staves (defending resto). Thief stone

I keep a regen willpower neck for Azuras, and chug pots there

That's exactly how I run it now, but I run the attronach with tri-stat food.

On the no cp week I ran 5 seducer, 5 amberplasm, vma, It was ok but haven't really theory-crafted into max details for no cp.

2.5k+ Champion Points

10. cschwingeb14_ESO
      cschwingeb14_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭
      For the same reason that impen is good even when damage shields are your main defense, thief stone is good against people with damage shields.

210 regen vs 11% crit chance (mundus)

129 regen vs 3.1 % crit chance (armor set)

176 regen vs 176 spell damage (jewelry enchant)

I very much think that crit chance is not worth itemizing for with set bonuses. But Thief stone is just so much better compared to any other option, when set bonuses or enchants are concerned

Assuming your target has enough crit resistance to be getting hit by 140% crits. That 11% extra crit chance is still a better damage increase than 210 spell damage for DPS pressure. And it's much better for burst

I'm sacrificing a damage jewelry enchant if I need more regen, rather than switch to atro
    11. Torbschka
      Torbschka
      ✭✭✭✭
      I have a different build with the same purpose (1,5k stam reg, no amberplasm), but 47k magicka shields + bone pirate. Of course, ur build is awesome, but I just rate max magicka = sustain > all on a mag sorc.

I hope they wont nerf pirate skeleton, if they do, i ll switch to 2x bloodspawn with resto ulti or IG.
    12. Derra
      Derra
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      For the same reason that impen is good even when damage shields are your main defense, thief stone is good against people with damage shields.

210 regen vs 11% crit chance (mundus)

129 regen vs 3.1 % crit chance (armor set)

176 regen vs 176 spell damage (jewelry enchant)

I very much think that crit chance is not worth itemizing for with set bonuses. But Thief stone is just so much better compared to any other option, when set bonuses or enchants are concerned

Assuming your target has enough crit resistance to be getting hit by 140% crits. That 11% extra crit chance is still a better damage increase than 210 spell damage for DPS pressure. And it's much better for burst

I'm sacrificing a damage jewelry enchant if I need more regen, rather than switch to atro

jewerly enchants for regen are 169
      attro mundus is 198
      spelldgm on jewelry is 174

just fyi
      Edited by Derra on March 28, 2017 3:42PM
      <Noricum>

13. GrizzlyBear
      GrizzlyBear
      ✭✭
      what's a good replacement for amber plasm? :#
    14. Hexys
      Hexys
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      what's a good replacement for amber plasm? :#

Burning spellweave with 1 stamina recovery enchant, dark conversion is just insane sustain.

2.5k+ Champion Points

15. Methariorn
      Methariorn
      ✭✭✭
      Amber Plasm armor is not hard to get, just boring: you can run Ruins of Mazzatun in normal mode. If you like both magicka and stamina recovery the only thing I can figure is TBS with Attronach/Serpent combo but it's 198 recovery vs 300. If you only care about magicka recovery you can slot lich. The hard part of that build is getting a VMS inferno/sharp.
      Edited by Methariorn on May 2, 2017 10:59AM
      Methariorn sorc EU server AD
      Acciughina NB EU server AD
      Aiacos Templar EU server AD
      Sevoltan DK EU server AD
    16. Hexys
      Hexys
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Methariorn wrote: »
      Amber Plasm armor is not hard to get, just boring: you can run Ruins of Mazzatun in normal mode. If you like both magicka and stamina recovery the only thing I can figure is TBS with Attronach/Serpent combo but it's 198 recovery vs 300. If you only care about magicka recovery you can slot lich. The hard part of that build is getting a VMS inferno/sharp.

IF you dont have a VMA/Master inferno, instead of running a random staff you can swap it around like this:

You will buy a sharpened inferno willpower staff, you replace 1 willpower jewelry with amberplasm, this means you free up one slot of your armor, this slot you can fill a 2 piece set with your backbar resto staff. You will loose the spell dmg on the backbar but this isnt important there anyway. A friend of mine is running 2 air for an extra stamina recovery bonus on the backbar to get a bit more sustain for kiting etc.

ALSO; Today we should get our characters on the PTS, that means I can see the results/changes for next patch with all the gear required. This won't mean open world PvP so it's not sure what I will change.

I'm on holiday to atm and on my return I'm hardcore streaming on twitch and creating many youtube content so stay tuned! ;)
      Edited by Hexys on May 2, 2017 11:08AM

2.5k+ Champion Points

17. Testla
      Testla
      Soul Shriven
      Hi @Hexys , looking forward to see you back on Twitch! Just a Quick question on your bar setup. I am playing with destro/resto staff, running my curse on back resto bar, same as you, and i have hardened Ward on main. I ran some tests and curse seems to be dealing less damage when casted from resto staff, even if i swap to main destro bar before the First explosion occurs. What do you think ? With that in mind is it still worth running curse on resto bar ? Thiking about switching It with hardened Ward and loosing shield on main. Fyi my sets are spinner/lich
      Edited by Testla on May 2, 2017 2:04PM