The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Hexys Magicka Sorcerer PvP Build for Update 12 - One Tamriel (2.6.5) - Insane stats!

• Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Many of the CP passives are rounded up. You can stop at around 96 (e.g., 14.5%) in magician, elemental expert and bastion with the same effect as 100 points. Unless that changed since I tested it a while back?
  • 888and888
    888and888
    ✭✭✭
    Hello,
    I have my usual noob question...

Talking as a player not yet able to do vMA, what is a decent setup? I guess a monster mask set and a couple more sets with different staves (destro/resto).

I would appreciate any help :)

@Hexys : Is your old build for 2.6.5 from october no longer viable or is this one simply better?

Thank you!
  • Hexys
    Hexys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    888and888 wrote: »
    Hello,
    I have my usual noob question...

Talking as a player not yet able to do vMA, what is a decent setup? I guess a monster mask set and a couple more sets with different staves (destro/resto).

I would appreciate any help :)

@Hexys : Is your old build for 2.6.5 from october no longer viable or is this one simply better?

Thank you!

You can craft seducer instead with 1 undaunted, you could even go 5 heavy/ 1light/ 1 medium in this setup. (5 trainee, 5 seducer, 1 undaunted that is)

My build from october isn't good enough to the one I posted in this topic, I was sad I didn't check trainee earlier. The stats are insane :p
    Astrum | Daggerfall Covenan | EU-PC
    Noricum | Daggerfall Covenant | EU-PC
    Spectral | Ebonheart Pact | EU-PC

DC | AR 50 | Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (07-08-2016)
    AD | AR 50 | Hexposed - Magicka Sorcerer (27-04-2017)
    EP | AR 50 | Darth Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (05-08-2018)
    EP | AR 50 | Grand Overload Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (03-03-2021)
    EP | AR 39 | Legendary Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer

EP | AR 43 | Hexyles - Stamina Nightblade
    EP | AR 49 | Hexys - Stamina Nightblade (23-02-2022)
    EP | AR 35 | Hexesy Shadowblade - Stamina Nightblade

EP | AR 50 | Hexesy - Magicka Warden (31-01-2021)
    EP | AR 49 | Hexyra - Magicka Warden (07-03-2021)

EP | AR 34 | Hexesy Czyterski - Magicka Necromancer

2.5k+ Champion Points
    Earned over 640.000.000 Alliance Points!

@Hexiss - Youtube Channel - Twitch Channel
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hexys wrote: »
    Methariorn wrote: »
    How much time did it take to get the trainee jewels? For sustain I don't know if I'm willing to give up lich.

I bought them so almost no time, lich is really *** in my opninion. 1000 magicka recovery for 20 seconds with a 60 seconds cooldown means (2sec = 1 tick so 10 ticks of 1000 magicka recovery is 10k magicka ). At the same time amberplasm gives 300 magicka recovery which is over 60 seconds (30 ticks) so 9k magicka. Now you also gain 300 stamina recovery running amberplasm.

If it happens that after your 20 seconds of lich, you have to streak 3-4 times, your magicka is R.I.P.

Hexys buddy. The lich proc is affected by the Arcanist CP, your racial bonus (elves get 9%), light armor recovery passive (20% for 5 LA), and 2% per mage guild ability slotted with magicka controller, empowered ward minor intellect buff (for PVE guys), and major intellect potions.

You can milk that lich proc for a hell of a lot more than you're giving it credit for, around double without trying hard. More if you hit a pot after the proc.

Lich also has 260 regen baked into the 2/4 set bonuses for continual magicka supply. So what you get, in practice, is so much more than any other sustain set.

The only issue is that you need to be high CP (Arcanist) to get those kind of returns on it.

• Hexys
    Hexys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    Methariorn wrote: »
    How much time did it take to get the trainee jewels? For sustain I don't know if I'm willing to give up lich.

I bought them so almost no time, lich is really *** in my opninion. 1000 magicka recovery for 20 seconds with a 60 seconds cooldown means (2sec = 1 tick so 10 ticks of 1000 magicka recovery is 10k magicka ). At the same time amberplasm gives 300 magicka recovery which is over 60 seconds (30 ticks) so 9k magicka. Now you also gain 300 stamina recovery running amberplasm.

If it happens that after your 20 seconds of lich, you have to streak 3-4 times, your magicka is R.I.P.

Hexys buddy. The lich proc is affected by the Arcanist CP, your racial bonus (elves get 9%), light armor recovery passive (20% for 5 LA), and 2% per mage guild ability slotted with magicka controller, empowered ward minor intellect buff (for PVE guys), and major intellect potions.

You can milk that lich proc for a hell of a lot more than you're giving it credit for, around double without trying hard. More if you hit a pot after the proc.

Lich also has 260 regen baked into the 2/4 set bonuses for continual magicka supply. So what you get, in practice, is so much more than any other sustain set.

The only issue is that you need to be high CP (Arcanist) to get those kind of returns on it.

Amberplasm also benefits from all the passives you just mentioned, yes lich gives 2 passive magicka recovery set bonuses but you can't place that in any count as you have to get other bonuses somewhere else.

2.5k+ Champion Points

• Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For me, the biggest benefit of Lich over amberplasm is that you don't need to be running all 5 pieces all the time. Being able to switch to a lich back-bar just for the proc and have something different can be great in some builds. But it all depends on what other stuff you're trying to squeeze in.

I really like the idea of stam regen on a sorc and have been trying to find ways to fit it in. I'm also a big advocate of Trainee gear - but it isn't easy fitting it all in.

My current DW build (without undaunted mettle) gives me 46k magicka, 25k health and 13.5k stam in cyro with health/mag food. It uses trainee and Lich - (and a few other bits).. It wan't even using BiS stuff - cos I'm poor. I'm sure with undaunted mettle and better gear, It would push to 48-49k mag/27k health/14kstam.
    ofc. DW will be obsolete for update 13 - and I'm really struggling to fit trainee into a destr/resto setup I like.

One of the nice things about trainee is that you can change your food/drink around and still be viable.. eg. with that much health, I can swap from health/mag to mag/mag regen - or mag/stam regen - but for most open-world, I prefer the health for a bit of a gank-buffer.
    Edited by Biro123 on January 5, 2017 9:38AM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • 888and888
    888and888
    ✭✭✭
    You can craft seducer instead with 1 undaunted, you could even go 5 heavy/ 1light/ 1 medium in this setup. (5 trainee, 5 seducer, 1 undaunted that is)

Thank you very much for your answer, Seducer is really easy to obtain.
    Cheers!
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lich is also situational in that you have to get to a certain point for the buff/proc to activate so until you hit that mark, the 5th bonus piece does nothing for you.

I still prefer seducers because I get that flat reduction bonus at all times.
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think amberplasm is better then both lich and seducer. Damn hard to obtain though, especially the jewelery
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aLi3nZ wrote: »
    I think amberplasm is better then both lich and seducer. Damn hard to obtain though, especially the jewelery

Mathematically if you value stamreg the same as magreg Amberplasm outperforms everything else.
    Lich always outperforms seducer when used on light armor and the procc is triggered every minute - which is most likely not the case for 80% of the people using it.

The result is essentially: Use amberplasm if you would require stamreg otherwise. Use lich for 5 5 2 setups. Use Seducer for everything else.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great build Hexys. I will definitely been trying this out when I finish getting trainee gear.

I am currently running 5x amberplasm and 5x spinners which is pretty strong.
  • Hexys
    Hexys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aLi3nZ wrote: »
    Great build Hexys. I will definitely been trying this out when I finish getting trainee gear.

I am currently running 5x amberplasm and 5x spinners which is pretty strong.

I ran this on the PTS as you don;t get amberplasm on a template. Was really good damage yes and for duels I would suggest using it instead of amberplasm!

2.5k+ Champion Points

• oTheTownDrunk
    Unfortunately your wards and spells are weak because of such low magicka. Super low spell crit also.
    Edited by oTheTownDrunk on January 10, 2017 3:38PM
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about slotting radiant front bar? Would reduce a lot of incoming gank burst and provide crit bonus. Did you test dropping 3 impen for 3 well-fitted? Probably even possible to add 2x sturdy next patch and slot a frost staff backbar
    Edited by Berenhir on January 10, 2017 5:02PM
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • damtotb16_ESO
    damtotb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Hexys always comes up with good stuff. I was inspired by your stamina sorc build that I tweaked according to my playstyle. Yesterday I scored my best killing streak 145 solo play. Sorry pal it motivates me seeing yellow squad out there to go after it :)
  • Hexys
    Hexys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately your wards and spells are weak because of such low magicka. Super low spell crit also.

39k magicka is more then fine. I swapped from tri-stat pots, to immovable/spell crit/magicka and using the ghastly bowl food, made 2 tri-stat enchants and running the thief. Soon I'm going to update my build, atm i'm running 60% spell crit!
    Hexys always comes up with good stuff. I was inspired by your stamina sorc build that I tweaked according to my playstyle. Yesterday I scored my best killing streak 145 solo play. Sorry pal it motivates me seeing yellow squad out there to go after it :)

Thanks for the nice words man, inspiring each other is the best way! and you never have to be sorry to PvP, that's why we play right? ^^
    Berenhir wrote: »
    What about slotting radiant front bar? Would reduce a lot of incoming gank burst and provide crit bonus. Did you test dropping 3 impen for 3 well-fitted? Probably even possible to add 2x sturdy next patch and slot a frost staff backbar

I'm not gonna waste a slot for specific players, totally not worth it. And I run well-fitted already, it's awesome to be able to dodge alot! Now a frost staff, nah man I will always stick to fire, I just love the heavy attack to much and many players in cyro are vamp so, but that's a personal decission.

2.5k+ Champion Points

• oTheTownDrunk
    "atm i'm running 60% spell crit!" This is a huge benefit over the listed build!
    Edited by oTheTownDrunk on January 11, 2017 2:12PM
  • cschwingeb14_ESO
    cschwingeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I run amber plasm, willpower, 2x monster magicka bonuses and vMA as Dunmer. Tri-pot/food, atro. I tried really hard to make Trainee work, but it always looses out to willpower + 2x magicka monster piece IMO. Losing 2% undaunted, 1 trait (reinforced heavy chest is pretty good) seems to negate the advantage of trainee stats too much

40k magicka, 22k health, 15k stam without inner light or bound aegis, 1500 mag recovery, 1100 stam regen and 3k spell damage self buffed and tri food. It's a bit magicka pot dependent (magicka+immovable) when necessary, but trash pots are cheap.

If I ever try to run DW or 1H/S again, then trainee will be in there

You are running a build that a good friend of mine is running, he likes your build more. I really like it that magicka sorcerer has so much diversity in builds at this moment. They all work really well it's just that some shines more in different situations! :)

I'm totally not a fan of dual wield, having no spammable is kinda annoying.

Needing more health, I built this out and found out something everyone else probably already knows: trainee comes in medium and light. So there's no need to abandon 5-1-1. This in turn means that trainee beats out 3x willpower plus 2x magicka monster bonuses because you can run magicka/stam food. The general trade-off is losing 200 spell damage and gaining 5k health, 400 magicka and 1k resists.

It's actually so much health in cyrodiil (28k with health/magicka) that I might use witch brew for more regen, to combat resource-drain poisons better
    Edited by cschwingeb14_ESO on January 14, 2017 4:42PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the main post updated,?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Hexys
    Hexys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run amber plasm, willpower, 2x monster magicka bonuses and vMA as Dunmer. Tri-pot/food, atro. I tried really hard to make Trainee work, but it always looses out to willpower + 2x magicka monster piece IMO. Losing 2% undaunted, 1 trait (reinforced heavy chest is pretty good) seems to negate the advantage of trainee stats too much

40k magicka, 22k health, 15k stam without inner light or bound aegis, 1500 mag recovery, 1100 stam regen and 3k spell damage self buffed and tri food. It's a bit magicka pot dependent (magicka+immovable) when necessary, but trash pots are cheap.

You are running a build that a good friend of mine is running, he likes your build more. I really like it that magicka sorcerer has so much diversity in builds at this moment. They all work really well it's just that some shines more in different situations! :)

Needing more health, I built this out and found out something everyone else probably already knows: trainee comes in medium and light. So there's no need to abandon 5-1-1. This in turn means that trainee beats out 3x willpower plus 2x magicka monster bonuses because you can run magicka/stam food. The general trade-off is losing 200 spell damage and gaining 5k health, 400 magicka and 1k resists.

It's actually so much health in cyrodiil (28k with health/magicka) that I might use witch brew for more regen, to combat resource-drain poisons better

That's exactly how I explained my build ^^

I've done some small changes since, not enough to update a whole build, I will probably create a update-video when Homestead will be released on the live version!

2.5k+ Champion Points

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's exactly how I explained my build ^^

I've done some small changes since, not enough to update a whole build, I will probably create a update-video when Homestead will be released on the live version!

Ok! Good! I'll be waiting...
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You tried slimecraw? It' pretty much as it's just a flat 8% dmg bonus, the 1 piece effect is pretty useless though.

I was thinking of going the typical spinner/lich set up with slimecraw set up next patch.

Destro + slimecraw gives a 16% dmg boost. I usually stick power surge on overload bar and throw inner light front bar.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=6259

I was thinking of running just the twilight as well for necro bonus but pets aren't too great next patch.. but the shield size and damage is insane.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=6257

@Hexys Thought's?.

PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Hexys
    Hexys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You tried slimecraw? It' pretty much as it's just a flat 8% dmg bonus, the 1 piece effect is pretty useless though.

I was thinking of going the typical spinner/lich set up with slimecraw set up next patch.

Destro + slimecraw gives a 16% dmg boost. I usually stick power surge on overload bar and throw inner light front bar.

I was thinking of running just the twilight as well for necro bonus but pets aren't too great next patch.. but the shield size and damage is insane.

@Hexys Thought's?.

I haven't played with slimecraw myself, but I'm sure @derra is running it right now together with Spellweave and lich.

And yes, the single target of magicka sorcerer with a flame staff next patch is going to be sick! Pets, I don't know man, It's like magicka dk, you are either supergood with it or it does't work for sh*t. :p

I think you are better of running 4 necropotence and use 2 undaunted instead of 1.

2.5k+ Champion Points

• Fubar8
    Fubar8
    ✭✭

@Hexys Thought's?.

hey buddy something must be wrong with your build since u cant reach over 40k magicka with inner light.
    Liked the monster helmet tho seems really sick
    anndd just realized u added minor + major sorcery that is impossible to get without crit surge. I mean u better to change your skill bar
    Edited by Fubar8 on January 14, 2017 10:22PM
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hexys Thought's?.

I haven't played with slimecraw myself, but I'm sure @derra is running it right now together with Spellweave and lich.

And yes, the single target of magicka sorcerer with a flame staff next patch is going to be sick! Pets, I don't know man, It's like magicka dk, you are either supergood with it or it does't work for sh*t. :p

I think you are better of running 4 necropotence and use 2 undaunted instead of 1.

Yeah your probably right, i didn't lose much stats but gained an execute and don't need a pet.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=6608
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hexys Thought's?.

I´m probably gonna get rocks thrown at me from all different directions - i think personally one of the best setups next patch will be spinner 5, lich 5, slimecraw 2

Every other setup with slimecraw has the problem of being relatively low on magica. An option to offset this is to go for 5 amber 3 ancient grace instead of willpower 2 slimecraw.

BSW + slimecraw is atm exclusively used in grp with a templar. Otherwise i don´t have enough stamrec. However 15.5k fragments tooltip is nice. Thats only fully buffed not procced.
    <Noricum>

• psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice build, I'm using trainee on my sorc also and find it's very useful. Do you think you have too much regen?

I'm at like 1600 regen unbuffed and never run out of magicka, though I'm using DW and Necropotence so I guess I don't have an ability to spam.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice build, I'm using trainee on my sorc also and find it's very useful. Do you think you have too much regen?

I'm at like 1600 regen unbuffed and never run out of magicka, though I'm using DW and Necropotence so I guess I don't have an ability to spam.

Atleast for my builds everything in terms of regeneration is setup for the occasion of:
    a) having 10s magica cost increase on you almost permanently
    b) having multiple magica cost increase poisons on you (yes different poisons can stack i´ve had over 7k on hardened ward per cast)

High magregen is for defensive purposes only imo.
    <Noricum>

• aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was playing around with my gear just now. Some pretty insane spell damage stats here:

5x Clever Alchamist
    5x Burning Spell Weave
    2x Molag Kena

All Proc'd

BWEcs3s.jpg
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yo Hexys, i gotta point something out. why not run medium trainee legs and amberplasm boots instead? Its a bit more physical resistance.

also my stats, close set up to yours but I dont run amberplasm. im using 1 recovery glyph on jewelry so can add 170 sd if i want.

also im only 380ish CP so cant wait to see at CP cap....wish they sold CP on crown store. /ducks

sn48tn7cn4eu.png

Edited by Malamar1229 on January 16, 2017 6:18AM