The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

One Crafter Character to craft them all - Viable?

Danielleke-
Hey Guys!

I would like your feedback and what you guys think about an idea I have:
I'm returning to ESO after a long time and decided to transform my current archer in a Crafter (as this was my only character were I developed Crafting skills).
But What I was thinking (as I have some crowns to spend) is to respect skill points of this char and make him a 100% crafter without any fight skills. I have all skill points from end game + some dungeons and Skyshards on him and I think these skill points are more than enough to have all crafting at max.
I'm Champion 115 and the Idea is to have everything centered in this Character so I could build a new Archer with 100% fight skills.
I also have 2 other Characters, a Healer and a DPS Sorc.

Is this viable and could it work? What do you guys think? Do you have any better Idea?

Many thanks in advance for your feedback! :#
PS4 - EU
PSN: Danielleke-

• Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can have all crafting skills and still have enough points to be viable for other things.

My main is a healer, with all crafting skills unlocks, but I also have a few for PvP only, a bunch for straight up DPS and basically everything a healer needs.

I did grab basically all skyshards, all Public Dungeon skill points, all Group Dungeon points.

I still haven't completed Silver or Gold, so I still have a bunch of skill points to chase.

You can have a master crafter and still do other things. There are A LOT of skill points in the game right now.
  • Greifenherz
    Greifenherz
    ✭✭✭
    I have a stamsorc that is also my crafter with complete skill lines (all skills maxed out) in all crafting lines so it is quite possible at the very least. I've also collected all skyshards there are in the game and am CP469, and currently have 6 unused skill points. It is possible! Since I don't follow the meta or anything out of place like that I don't know how 'viable' it is.

Is it 'viable' in an Elder Scrolls game? What the heck isn't? :D
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I turned my first character into a magic DK and use him as my crafter. He's maxed out with all crafting skills, it takes about 140~ skill points to do this. (All of my other characters are maxed for alchemy and provisioner because it's more convenient than switching characters for food and potions.) I use the desto/resto staff setup for combat, and he can complete most quests solo and can even provide reasonable support in PvP as a healer. You really need some combat skills as a crafter just because of some of the places you'll have to go to harvest mats and craft armor sets. The secret is pick up all the skyshards you can, do the mage guild, fighters guild and main quest for the skill points, (I even did some of the early thieves guild and dark brotherhood quests for SP.) And then limit yourself to 2 main weapon skill areas to spend SP on. You be able to aquire 340 + skill points within a week or two. Personally I think a magic based crafter works best, but you can easily do it with a stamina based character also.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Danielleke-
    hugocbp wrote: »
    You can have all crafting skills and still have enough points to be viable for other things.

My main is a healer, with all crafting skills unlocks, but I also have a few for PvP only, a bunch for straight up DPS and basically everything a healer needs.

I did grab basically all skyshards, all Public Dungeon skill points, all Group Dungeon points.

I still haven't completed Silver or Gold, so I still have a bunch of skill points to chase.

You can have a master crafter and still do other things. There are A LOT of skill points in the game right now.

Thanks Man! So I will probably first get more skill points before respec (made some wrong choices and want to change it anyways). I was afraid it wont be enough for both, but according to what you say I would be able to keep a good battle char and crafter at the same time.
    PS4 - EU

• Danielleke-
    I have a stamsorc that is also my crafter with complete skill lines (all skills maxed out) in all crafting lines so it is quite possible at the very least. I've also collected all skyshards there are in the game and am CP469, and currently have 6 unused skill points. It is possible! Since I don't follow the meta or anything out of place like that I don't know how 'viable' it is.

Is it 'viable' in an Elder Scrolls game? What the heck isn't? :D

hah, Thanks Man! I was afraid it won't fit.
    I want to keep having a good archer (my favorite role) and be able to provide gear to my other chars, so ill try to do it! :)
    PS4 - EU

• Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hugocbp wrote: »

Thanks Man! So I will probably first get more skill points before respec (made some wrong choices and want to change it anyways). I was afraid it wont be enough for both, but according to what you say I would be able to keep a good battle char and crafter at the same time.

Don't worry. You can have everything needed for one role (say, PvE healer), all crafting skills, and enough spare points to have decent skills for other roles (DPS, PvP options)...
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    short answer
    yes

long answer
    concentrate on deconstructing stuff to level the skill line
    then researching the traits only spend skill points in research allowing up to 3 items ata atime and drastically recucing research times
    this will allow you ample skill points to perform whichever role you choose to play with ease (making the skill point grind easier)
    only once you find yourself with extra skill points should you start putting the skills in to make things
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No need to respec, already enough points in the game to be viable in any role and be a master crafter. I think it's in the neighborhood of 368 skill points total, so yeah plenty to be had.
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main is a healer/crafter.

She has all skill points in the game at this point aside from 1/3 of the Cyrodiil skyshards, most of the PvP ranking up points, and the Thieves Guild/Dark Brotherhood questline points.
    She has completed all veteran Trials as healer (but not Hardmode yet, still grinding gear). She has skills to play as dps and/or tank in all normal dungeons, and off-tank in veteran ones.

She is getting a respec in about a month, simply because I will be done researching all traits then and would like those researching skill points back to level some oddball skills instead (like Guard) and more of the TG/DB passives I have unlocked. She is a vampire as well.

Yes, you can have a character capable of doing all crafting plus still playable. It just matters how many skyshards/quests you want to do with that character.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • AdamskiAlders
    AdamskiAlders
    ✭✭✭
    I recently did this with my Archer(1st main character) and while he seems a bit weaker when soloing I love having the option to now craft anything and everything under the sun provided I have the mats and motifs/recipes. He ends up crafting stuff for a few friends if they ask for something in particular.
    I just wish I felt more badass when soloing as that is how I spend the majority of my time on ESO.
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey Guys!

I would like your feedback and what you guys think about an idea I have:
    I'm returning to ESO after a long time and decided to transform my current archer in a Crafter (as this was my only character were I developed Crafting skills).
    But What I was thinking (as I have some crowns to spend) is to respect skill points of this char and make him a 100% crafter without any fight skills. I have all skill points from end game + some dungeons and Skyshards on him and I think these skill points are more than enough to have all crafting at max.
    I'm Champion 115 and the Idea is to have everything centered in this Character so I could build a new Archer with 100% fight skills.
    I also have 2 other Characters, a Healer and a DPS Sorc.

Is this viable and could it work? What do you guys think? Do you have any better Idea?

Many thanks in advance for your feedback! :#

My main has all crafting passives (except research as I am 9 trait) this is the same character I run trials with and have about 16 extra skill points. Also I do not have all the skill points.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • scorpiodog
    scorpiodog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's all about the skill points.
    There are more than enough skill points to cover both crafting and combat skills, but you will need to do all or most of the following:

Main Quest line
    Faction Quest line
    Cadwells Silver and Gold
    All Dungeons at least once for skill points.
    All Public Dungeon Group Events
    All Skyshards in all regions (Including Cyrodil)

I've done all of the following except Craglorn on my Main and have Crafting up to max as well as all the Combat skill points I need for Dungeons, PvP, and Trials.

If you have the DLC's it will give you more flexibility with the extra skyshards and skill points.

In my opinion you probably want to do all this content on an OP DPS build like Stamsorc or something so that you get through it quickly and easily. I did it on a Wood Elf Stam Blade, and some of the solo Boss fights took a bit longer and I died easier.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I did this on my first ever character after I realized he was a rubbish build and got stuck, unable to complete the main story. He was a Breton Stamina Nightblade, level 49, had no sets on, mismatched armour he'd picked up and I had no clue how to improve him - having only ever run one dungeon.

I had put too much time and effort into him to simply delete him, so I reset all his skills and used them all in the crafting lines. Then I leveled up to 50 in all crafts, put him to work researching and used him to make all the weapons, armour, food, potions and glyphs for my new (better) characters as I rolled them out.

He is still my main crafter, has researched all 9 traits on everything, but has since been respecced and is now a very robust and competent magblade in his own right.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My first character is also my crafter. Breton sorc that still hits harder than all other seven alts. What you want is viable, just takes a long time to get all the needed skill points. I have all skyshards, all main, guild, and alliance quests, many dungeons, DLC quests, and half of PVP ranks. I could have played the whole game without creating another character. Most of my 7 alts are at 50 in most or all crafts as well, just not as many crafting passives. But only because I have a crafter, not because I couldn't do it.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Danielleke-
    Ourorboros , disintegr8, scorpiodog, bryanhaas, AdamskiAlders, SolarCat02, Stopnaggin, puffytheslayer, starlizard70ub17_ESO

Many thanks for all your feedback. :#

It really seems with everything you guys say I could keep the char and make him a Crafter + viable archer. I'll need to respec anyways due to mistakes I made (investing on heavy armor + Fighters guild attacks I don't use) and I am not sure I have the time to collect all the skill points.
    I do have all the DLC's so I think I'll start from there and also finding all the skyshards would give me a good upgrade on the skill points.

PS4 - EU

• Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros , disintegr8, scorpiodog, bryanhaas, AdamskiAlders, SolarCat02, Stopnaggin, puffytheslayer, starlizard70ub17_ESO

Many thanks for all your feedback. :#

It really seems with everything you guys say I could keep the char and make him a Crafter + viable archer. I'll need to respec anyways due to mistakes I made (investing on heavy armor + Fighters guild attacks I don't use) and I am not sure I have the time to collect all the skill points.
    I do have all the DLC's so I think I'll start from there and also finding all the skyshards would give me a good upgrade on the skill points.

Just do a little bit everyday. One day you get the aboveground skyshards in one zone, the other day the underground ones, do the daily Mages Guild quests (the chest you have to open is always after the boss that gives you the skill point), do one random dungeon per day.

In just a few weeks you will have a bunch more skill points doing that.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Once you have leveled him up in the crafting lines and finish your research, you can reallocate quite a few of the crafting skill points elsewhere.

For example, once I had finished 9 trait research, all of the researching passives could then be respecced into fighting skills. As I was leveling my other characters skill lines through deconstructing everything I found, the crafter did not need any of the deconstructing passives, so they got reallocated. I also have another character set up with the extraction passives for refining raw materials, more skill points freed up there.

My other characters gradually reached level 50 in the crafting lines and as enchanting and alchemy don't need any special learning (recipes or research), one of my other characters took over the burden of these two jobs, freeing up another pile of skill points.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes but probably not until you have most of the skill points to spend. The only crafting line I don't have skill points in is provisioning and I have about 20 to spare. I have most of the skill points available in game, minus about 25 from the last 25 pvp ranks. I would focus on allocating skill points to just a few crafting lines until you have all you think you will need from other skill lines. It will be easier for you if you're not in the habit of switching between mag and stam. My magsorc is always a magsorc so I need less weapon and armour skill lines, just destro/resto and light/heavy armour.
    PC | EU
  • Yinmaigao
    Yinmaigao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely do-able.

My main is a DK tank/dps/crafter. You can kit out all builds and put points in every crafting skill.

Trick is, I have 312 skill points... all of which are allocated. >_>;
  • Mike0987
    Mike0987
    ✭✭✭
    Why? there are more then enough skill points in game to still have 2 weapon skill lines, all crafting, all ability skills, and many of the others like the main must have skill line, ledgerman. Simply have to find were they all are and go get them.
  • PawadoTheFearless
    I wonder how viable it would be to have a traveling crafter like the assistants we currently have with Banker and Merchant? At least a Provisioner and Chef to make potions and food while traveling?
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Definitely doable.

For the absolute minimum, after you reallocate any BS/Cloth/WW research skill points, you can craft everything on one character with only 73 Crafting Skill Points. And only 91 with a few very usable optional perks. Out of the current 368 that leaves 295/277.

You can only have 12 Bar Skills active at one time, that only requires 24 Skill Points active at one time.
    That leaves 271/253 for Combat Skill passives and additional Skill Lines to swap in and out.
    You will never need or be able to use every possible combat/support skill or passive at the same time.

BS/Cloth/WW
    • 12 each for Material Passives
    • 3 each for Upgrade Passives
    • Total 45
    Alchemy
    • 7 Solvent Passives
    • 3 Medicinal Use (+30% Potion Length) (Optional)
    • 1 Laboratory Use (3 reagent potions)
    • 3 Chemistry (+3 Potions Produced) (Optional)
    • Total 14 (8 minimum)
    Enchanting
    • 9 Potency Passives
    • 3 Aspect Passives
    • Total 12
    Provisioning
    • 5 Recipe Improvement
    • 3 Recipe Quality
    • 3 Gourmand (+20 Min Food) (Optional)
    • 3 Connoisseur (+20 Min Drink) (Optional)
    • 3 Chef (+3 Food Produced) (Optional)
    • 3 Brewer (+3 Drink Produced) (Optional)
    • Total 20 (8 minimum)
    Edited by SpAEkus on December 21, 2016 1:05PM
  • Danielleke-
    @SpAEkus , @PawadoTheFearless , @Mike0987 , @Yinmaigao , @FriedEggSandwich , @disintegr8 , @hugocbp ,
    Many, Many, Many Thanks for all the insight guys! it really helps me make my mind.
    The thing is, as I have a very limited amount of time to play every week, I don't think I can manage to get all skill points. I already have a lot of skill points on this char compared to the others as it was my main, but due to the fact that archers aren't that great in this game and I made some mistakes (for example choosing a DK 100% archer), I do not see how I could fix this issue with just 1 respec.
    My favorite role is for sure Archer, and I would like to use my current knowledge with this one to make a new Char 100% archer Making the right choices this time (probably Nightblade as everybody say it is the best for archer) even though I don't like the stealth part.
    Do you guys have any experience with this or other ideas that might work for me?
    Edited by Danielleke- on December 21, 2016 1:54PM
    PS4 - EU

• SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can get a bunch of skill points early just by getting all the safe skyshards in an hour or two. You can use them for your crafting or just to quickly open your combat skills on any character.

There are 44 free, safe, skill points just by running around, plus you'll get all that exploration experience plus open all those wayshrines for later questing.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/274635/spoilers-guide-pc-alliance-zone-safe-walk-swim-sneak-skyshard-maps#p1

Edited by SpAEkus on December 21, 2016 2:04PM
  • Danielleke-
    SpAEkus wrote: »
    You can get a bunch of skill points early just by getting all the safe skyshards in an hour or two. You can use them for your crafting or just to quickly open your combat skills on any character.

There are 44 free, safe, skill points just by running around, plus you'll get all that exploration experience plus open all those wayshrines for later questing.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/274635/spoilers-guide-pc-alliance-zone-safe-walk-swim-sneak-skyshard-maps#p1

Thanks Man!

yeah I have all the wayshrines but not all the skyshards. gonna look it up!
    PS4 - EU

• erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    I recently did this with my Archer(1st main character) and while he seems a bit weaker when soloing I love having the option to now craft anything and everything under the sun provided I have the mats and motifs/recipes. He ends up crafting stuff for a few friends if they ask for something in particular.
    I just wish I felt more badass when soloing as that is how I spend the majority of my time on ESO.

My first character does all my crafting for 3 other characters. Since he does everything he improves skills without wasting materials...gets all the skill credits. Downside is that he has issues keeping enough skill points to enable his fighting skills...but still does OK.

He can craft most options/drinks/food heavy armor/wooden stuff/glyphs...etc...I just need to keep his skills up with any higher level players.

Another character 4-5 levels higher has an extra 14 or so skill points to use....he has one if he's lucky. The second character is the bad*ss...she can handle most stuff...but obviously not everything...easy to play. The crafter mostly uses a bow...has to work his whatever off...
    Edited by erliesc on December 28, 2016 2:41AM
    I know nutting....
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    End game characters should have around or above 300 skill points.

My Magicka Sorc has 294 skill points ... and does all crafting and also does vMA.

With that many skill points, I can have the following:

3 full class skill lines
    2 full weapon skill lines
    2 full armor skill lines
    Mages Guild
    Alliance War
    Racial Passives
    6 full crafting skill lines

So, it can be done on one character. You just have to spend the time getting the skill points.