The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Ok, so housing, I suppose the furniture will NOT be usable, right?

altemriel
altemriel
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Ok, so housing only cosmetic, no storage space, I suppose the furniture (like chairs, beds, tables, etc) will NOT be usable, right?

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert
Edited by altemriel on December 8, 2016 12:02PM
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    Ok, so housing only cosmetic, no storage space, I suppose the furniture (like chairs, beds, tables, etc) will NOT be usable, right?

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert

I highly doubt you will be able to sit/lay/interact with any furniture. Just like they could never implement these items to be used In game, I doubt we will see an ability to use these items. #sitchairemote fixes everything, right?

[Edited for removed post]
    Edited by ZOS_JohanaB on December 8, 2016 1:26PM
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How to use the bed:

6akajj.gif
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »
    How to use the bed:

6akajj.gif

That's unconventional... hehe
    Edited by Pandorii on December 8, 2016 11:06AM
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have actually been dying to know the answer to this question. If you can't interact with furniture it seems completely pointless to me.

And if you CAN then my next question is: Will the furniture out in the world likewise finally become useable???
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was SO excited about housing, but if I cannot store things in my house, then I probably won't purchase one because that was my main reason for wanting one in the first place, so weather or not I can use the furniture is irrelevant to me anyway :disappointed:
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the sake of keeping this thread open and focused on furniture, I would suggest editing the title to only reference furniture so ZOS don't lock it as another duplicate storage space complaint thread.

But I agree. I think it's very unlikely that furniture will be useable.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    For the sake of keeping this thread open and focused on furniture, I would suggest editing the title to only reference furniture so ZOS don't lock it as another duplicate storage space complaint thread.

ok, thanks, edited
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »

I think usable furniture has less priority than storage space, and that they won't make an effort to add it.

As I see it, they gave players a lot of emotes for role playing purposes, and I don't believe they are very focused on expanding the features for the role play community apart from adding a new emote/personality now and then.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actuallly.. MissBizz asked Rich Lambert whether we will be able to sit on chairs and he answered with a cheeky mayyyybe.. So sitting confirmed XD

Here is the question

" MissBizz ‏@MissBizzPlays Dec 6
    @SlashLurk I'm kinda afraid to ask.. but...

Can we sit in the chairs?"

and here is the tweet

Edited by LMar on December 8, 2016 12:14PM
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • boldscot
    boldscot
    ✭✭✭
    Oh no, first no virtual storage space and now my virtual characters won't be able to relieve the virtual pain they're feeling from carrying around hundreds of virtual items by sitting in a virtual chair.
    First world problems.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure the expectation should be that anything in the game will work the same in housing.

Unless stated otherwise in patch notes from the PTS roll out I wouldn't think it's something else.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • AnviOfVai
    AnviOfVai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    I have actually been dying to know the answer to this question. If you can't interact with furniture it seems completely pointless to me.

And if you CAN then my next question is: Will the furniture out in the world likewise finally become useable???

Whats the point of Housing if you don't have storage, and you can't actually use the furniture?!...wow... Im going to buy myself an expensive house, invite some mates in it and we can all stand up. Sorry can't offer you tea the tea pot is non functional.

tumblr_npc1zpVCel1rw0ifto1_400.gif

"I appear at my lord's behest, or perhaps I was always here, and you merely lacked the ability to see me."

PS4 - EU

AD - Pet Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - 160
    DC - Warden - Werewolf - in - progress - 160
    DC - Templar - Tank - 160
    DC - Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - in - progress
    EP - Dragon Knight -Fire Tank - 160
    EP - Nightblade - Damage Dealer - 160

• bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMar wrote: »
    Actuallly.. MissBizz asked Rich Lambert whether we will be able to sit on chairs and he answered with a cheeky mayyyybe.. So sitting confirmed XD

Here is the question

" MissBizz ‏@MissBizzPlays Dec 6
    @SlashLurk I'm kinda afraid to ask.. but...

Can we sit in the chairs?"

and here is the tweet

Good catch. Rich seems to be pretty selective about what he answers, so I can't imagine he'd Tweet that if this wasn't coming.

Whats the point of Housing if you don't have storage, and you can't actually use the furniture?!...wow... Im going to buy myself an expensive house, invite some mates in it and we can all stand up. Sorry can't offer you tea the tea pot is non functional.

As an extension of yourself. Something to customize and show off your personality. Storage would make that 100x better though, I agree.
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

If they ask you for some tea, just t-bag them, as any PvPer would do :trollface:
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need people to understand what things are designed for In This Game and stop trying to make everything like Another Game they Left to play This
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Slylok
    Slylok
    ✭✭✭
    Sitting at least would be great but it wouldn't bother me if it wasn't possible. I'm just looking forward to decorating.
    Youtube ESO First Person Gameplay - http://tinyurl.com/o6evusk

Twitter - SlylokYoutube

Google+ - Slylok
  • Pallmor
    Pallmor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, you can show off your furniture arrangement skills to everyone, I guess. And show off how many Crowns you spent on all the best furniture. Aside from that....well.

• ZOS_JohanaB
    ZOS_JohanaB
    ✭✭✭✭
    Several comments have been removed for rude and baiting comments. Comments have also been removed for discussing storage opinions of housing, said opinions can be discussed on "No storage crates in the housing??? You can not be serious ZOS!!!!" remember to follow the community rules be civil and be constructive.
    Staff Post
  • KimoBitz
    KimoBitz
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope that furniture could be interactable plzzzzz ZOS make it happen
  • xXSilverDragonXx
    xXSilverDragonXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well we couldn't use most of it in skyrim. I doubt we'll be able to here. I think it's just meant to give that home feel. If we want to sit on a chair/couch/bed we'll have to go play sims. Yes I played sims. Damn that game was a fun immersive escape.