Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So what exact happen between Molag bal and the Vestige?

raidentenshu_ESO
raidentenshu_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Molag Bal doesn't seem like the type of Daedric prince that would allow anyone that screws him over to get away with what they've done. Look at Mannimarco for an example. In Skyrim Molag bal sends a potential new champion to go after a priest who was desecrating his shrine in Markarth. He then rewarded the Dragonborn with full use of his mace after killing the priest.

So the Vestige did things 50x worst then what this priest did to him. Whatever happen between the two?
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am pretty sure they are still friends on facebook.
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The vestige is immortal, doesn't matter how many daedra or assassins he sends after them, their body will reform. Same as any daedra.

At best he can capture and torture them for eternity, but he has bigger concerns than trying that.
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aeula wrote: »
    The vestige is immortal, doesn't matter how many daedra or assassins he sends after them, their body will reform. Same as any daedra.

At best he can capture and torture them for eternity, but he has bigger concerns than trying that.

Thats debatable actually.

For Molag Bal to dislike the Vestige, the events of the main quest must have already passed. If thats the case, the vestige has their soul back making them mortal.

• Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »

Thats debatable actually.

For Molag Bal to dislike the Vestige, the events of the main quest must have already passed. If thats the case, the vestige has their soul back making them mortal.

They're immortal even with their soul returned. The body they inhabit is made out of 'azure plasm', which is the same material Daedra are made out of. Even with their soul back they can't die... unless every wayshrine and soul gem is destroyed and even that could be circumvented by going to coldharbour.
    Edited by Vrienda on December 6, 2016 6:32PM
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Molag Bal seems to have further plans for the Vestige, so maybe he's content letting the Vestige wander around thinking s/he got the better of him (for now).

Listening to his dolmen taunts after completing the main questline offers some interesting tidbits.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    Molag Bal seems to have further plans for the Vestige, so maybe he's content letting the Vestige wander around thinking s/he got the better of him (for now).

Listening to his dolmen taunts after completing the main questline offers some interesting tidbits.
    As does the final conversation with him in the colored rooms, for those who listen instead of just clicking through it.

So maybe one of his schemes was foiled. He wouldn't be the god of schemes if he didn't have a "plan B" to fall back to, and that plan may actually count on the vestiges success here and there...

I am guessing, in due time and coming DLCs, we will see more of whatever happened to Molag Bal...
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Molag Bal is wounded, someone call an ambulance.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You just simply can not outscheme the god of schemes, that is technically impossible.

So I bet Molag has some plans with the Vestige (a bigger scheme)
  • Ravena
    Ravena
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bal is too weak atm. It may take him centuries to gather his strength back to do anything.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    You just simply can not outscheme the god of schemes, that is technically impossible.

Can the Prince of Plots outscheme the God of Schemes?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »

Oh chance to share this again...
    Script of unofficial fan-made promo of the upcoming multi-DLC spanning War of the Gods storyline...

Total darkness is broken by a flash, which reveals the image of The Hero, standing in a brightly lit portal. The image shifts from tall thin robed Breton to short Bosmer with a bow to a heavy armor clad Argonian to a dozen other shapes. The shifting form stretches, looks about, and slowly walks forward and is consumed by the darkness. [Goes with dialogue below]

Hero voiceover: Who are they? What is this vision you show me?
    Azura voiceover: They fought alongside the Prophet and his companions to thwart the will of Molag Bal.
    Hero voiceover: But I--
    Azura voiceover: --cannot see as we do.

An animated battle scene shows The Hero fighting the Worm Cult in Tamriel and the forces of Molag Bal in Coldharbour. Unlike the last scene, one Hero is shown at a time, though the cuts in the action continue to switch from one Hero to another, even within the same fight.

Meridia voiceover: The Soul Burst ruptured the fabric of time, creating thousands of moments, any one of which Molag Bal could seize and forge into the future. In each of those moments a champion arose to defeat him.
    Hero voiceover: Different moments?
    Merdia voiceover: Yes. Each with the potential to solidify into the future all of Tamriel must face. Each mortal chosen sees the world as if they were the only one, and the world treats them as such, yet many of those you call ally, or foe, or have yet to meet, see the world the same way. You have all proven yourself, and those that survived are being called upon once more.
    Hero voiceover: Why?

Images of warped and strange impossible landscapes and bizarre creatures from various planes of Oblivion. A shot of Coldharbour. A vista of Tamriel with bizzare dark crimson clouds forming and thickening overhead. A group of Heroes gathering one by one and assessing each other cautiously while keeping an eye on the menacing clouds above.

Azura voiceover: Because there are other threats to Nirn. There are those who see Molag Bal's defeat as an opening; who see the rise of mortal champions who can defeat a Daedric Prince as an opportunity. You must learn to see as we see, if you are to work together to stop the danger that approaches your world.
    Hero voiceover: What's coming?

The previous image continues, but now the dark clouds swoop down and rush in over the assembled heroes and fill the screen, which fades to black.

Molag Bal voiceover: Your doom.

Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What happens in Coldharbour it stays in Coldharbour yes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Molag Bal doesn't seem like the type of Daedric prince that would allow anyone that screws him over to get away with what they've done. Look at Mannimarco for an example. In Skyrim Molag bal sends a potential new champion to go after a priest who was desecrating his shrine in Markarth. He then rewarded the Dragonborn with full use of his mace after killing the priest.

So the Vestige did things 50x worst then what this priest did to him. Whatever happen between the two?

the vestige was waylaid by vampires in bangkorai. the leader of the coven brainwashes the vestige into believing she fights against molag bal. little does the vestige know that vampires seek to dominate thier prey, thus making them truly the servants of molag bal. so while yes the vestige stopped the planemeld, the vestige belongs to molag bal and will suffer endless torments after thier death.
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

only way to be lore-friendly immortal in the game is to never finish the main quest.
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AzuraKin wrote: »

only way to be lore-friendly immortal in the game is to never finish the main quest.
    Considering the body is made of Azure Plasm and is already inhabited by a Daedric Vestige, we don't really know what the "return" of the Soul to the body would do. At worst I think it would kick the Daedric Vestige out (but then where does that go?), and at best, the Soul and the Vestige may coinhabit the body. But the body is still Azure Plasm and potentially still capable of reforming (definitely if the Vestige remains as a coinhabitant).
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    If I recall correctly, Boethia is rumoured to have gotten the better of Molag Bal a few times... and from the little conversation at the end of Orsinium, I am kinda guessing the two of them may end up on opposing sides of the "grand deception" that was hinted at coming to us some DLC in the future... ;)

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I recall correctly, Boethia is rumoured to have gotten the better of Molag Bal a few times... and from the little conversation at the end of Orsinium, I am kinda guessing the two of them may end up on opposing sides of the "grand deception" that was hinted at coming to us some DLC in the future... ;)
    The thing with the "great deception" is that I can't work out if the three mentioned Princes are supposed to be on the same side as each other, or on three opposing sides.

I'm also still uncertain whether the "Patron of Darkness" is supposed to be Nocturnal (who is more accurately the Daughter of Twilight or the Mistress of Shadows), Azura (who would fit best with the other two being Boethia and Mephala, as the third of the three Dunmer Anticipations), or Namira (who's sphere is the "ancient darkness").
  • Vythri
    Vythri
    ✭✭✭✭
    So technically, the Vestige should even still be alive during the events of Skyrim? Since he's immortal and all?
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing with the "great deception" is that I can't work out if the three mentioned Princes are supposed to be on the same side as each other, or on three opposing sides.
    I suspect the three are allied, at least that is how the conversation sounded to me... those three messing up things for everyone else?
    maxresdefault.jpg
    I mean, they do seem to be working together on that "great deception", in that report, do they not?
    I'm also still uncertain whether the "Patron of Darkness" is supposed to be Nocturnal (who is more accurately the Daughter of Twilight or the Mistress of Shadows), Azura (who would fit best with the other two being Boethia and Mephala, as the third of the three Dunmer Anticipations), or Namira (who's sphere is the "ancient darkness").
    Azura has always been twilight rather then darkness... you know, dawn, dusk, the magic between sun and star... etc. But you are right at the fit, as the three have always been around hand in glove in... spider leg? ;)

Nocturnal would have been be my first guess, as night and darkness IS her main focus... parton of darkness would fit. But... her main focus IS night, and nightwork and so on; not darkness in and by itself, so... there is a point in wondering. On the other hand, she is considered "patron" of thieves... not much from there to patron of darkness, right?

And Namira... is lady of decay, not sure how "ancient darkness" fits into that... but again, a case can be made, some do call her "Great Darkness"... it might fit. However, it is "Patron of Darkness"... not ancient darkness, not darkness, but -patron-...

I am guessing, one of the latter, with slight favor towards nocturnal. It would truly surprise me if Azura got the "Patron of Darkness" title... or was involved in some "great deception", she always seemed more straight-forward then the other two... one could make an case that her magic-heavy sphere is more about truth then about deception, but that discussion would quickly get very metaphorical I fear...

But I enjoy that is is not -quite- clear, so the hints even stump those who know a thing or two about ESO lore, so we too wait with great anticipation to see what (or who) is what ;)
  • Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vythri wrote: »
    So technically, the Vestige should even still be alive during the events of Skyrim? Since he's immortal and all?

That's the prevailing theory.
    I can't work out if the three mentioned Princes are supposed to be on the same side as each other, or on three opposing sides.

It depends on the prince. Oblivion politics are fairly deep, complex, and quite personal to the spirits in question.
    Edited by Jamini on December 7, 2016 4:39PM
    "Adapt. or Die."
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    parton of darkness

dolly_parton300.jpg

• magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Vestige relationship with Molag Balls is pretty much like:

aXAqz9P_700b.jpg
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • Galwylin
    Galwylin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps he doesn't admit it but could Molag Bal be afraid? After all, he probably hasn't met many that could stand against him and defeat him. And if word got around... So, maybe he just counts himself lucky that's all the Vestige did as he might think he actually has the ability to destroy him in some manner. I suspect we'll find out down the road just what his response will be.
  • pattyLtd
    pattyLtd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm actually the one you refer to as "the vestige" and i haven't heard from Mr. Bal since i regained my soul that one night.
    Pretty sure he's not gonna be stupid enough to get revenge coz you know i'm also hero of davon's watch and all that :)
    English is not my native language, no grammar police please, tyvm
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Galwylin wrote: »
    Perhaps he doesn't admit it but could Molag Bal be afraid? After all, he probably hasn't met many that could stand against him and defeat him. And if word got around... So, maybe he just counts himself lucky that's all the Vestige did as he might think he actually has the ability to destroy him in some manner. I suspect we'll find out down the road just what his response will be.

I wouldn't exactly say that Molag bal is afraid of the Vestige. I would speculate that he is quite fascinated with the strength and power that the vestige has... even as a mortal this prince is heavily intrigued.

I've been doing a lot of Dolmen farming lately (Especially from the holiday event) and there seems to be a lot of dialogue of Molag bal encouraging the vestige to join him and fight for him.

I64lFSB.png
    6MxbUXi.png
    xmMi5kJ.png
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An interesting idea that. All soul shriven are supposed to decay eventually, but that's supposedly due to their bodies being imperfect copies, and we are pretty certain that the Vestige is an unflawed copy.
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe a proof that we'll be able to choose a side in the future Clockworky City's war? O_O
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    An interesting idea that. All soul shriven are supposed to decay eventually, but that's supposedly due to their bodies being imperfect copies, and we are pretty certain that the Vestige is an unflawed copy.

I thought the soul shriven wand up getting a new replacement body once the one that they have fully decay?
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe The Vestige went off with the Nerevarine?

Is The Vestige immortal? Technically he/she might be.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe Meridia wath over The Vestige and shove a gem in his/her dark little hole everytime he/she dies XD