Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Teamspeak vs Discord

• baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm curious about which works better for voice communication on old computers and/or low bandwidth connections.

I can run either myself, but I have a fairly new computer and fibre broadband. What about my Guild members who typically have ping of 500 ms on ESO?
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • Jemcrystal
    Jemcrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aletheion wrote: »
    Teamspeak, Discord, Ventrillo, RaidCall, Skype, Mumble... I have them all installed and whoever wants to use what works for me. Discord by far the most convenient with the way the invitations work and how its web app, desktop app and smartphone app all respond to an invite.

They all seem to have a similar quality reliability from my experience.

-Aletheion

latest?cb=20160828113014

^ my face any time i have to use Skype.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teamspeak
    Beta tester November 2013
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teamspeak is a well engineered product and, no, you don't need to be an IT professional to set it up in a manner suited to your needs, be an open free-for-all environment, or one so secure that each user is issued a one time code to get in if you'd like. Or a password system. Or a locked lobby for new arrivals system whom you then grant permissions to.

Me, I have certain....quirks.

Discord comes from Discordia, Latin for Eris, the Greek goddess of strife. Although there are many tales of her adventures, some of them quite humorous, it makes me wary of using it in the context of an extremely negative drama prone entertainment medium.

In fact sometimes I wonder if online gaming itself isn't a creation of Eris :p