Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Is PvP fun?

• Sosderosii
    Sosderosii
    ✭✭✭
    The forum is full of complains and cries about imbalance in pvp, I made one or two myself and a lot of them are for good
    reason.
    But that can only mean one thing, PVP in the game so fun enough that many people care about it enough to ask for changes
    instead of just quitting.
    I can speak about the magblade, if you like your Nightblade on magicka, it is competitive enough and is a fun playstyle in PVP.
    Additionally, it's a good choice for a beginner because you can avoid those who you can't face.

So go ahead and give it a try!
    Options
  • Sosderosii
    Sosderosii
    ✭✭✭
    del this
    Edited by Sosderosii on May 10, 2017 4:16PM
    Options
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bg22 wrote: »
    nine9six wrote: »
    It can be, but everyone running around wearing Proc Sets takes some of the fun out of it. Funny how we all agree they are cancer but keep running them anyway...

Speak for yourself partner. I refuse to run that crap.

I mean if your think losing against the meta for your own personal "honor" is fun more power to you. Setting arbitrary restrictions on yourself because of your own ego is a good way to get an ulcer.
    Options
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it can be...

firstly, don't take it seriously, or personally.

secondly, for the beginner, it's really designed around a group/zerg meta. You will not likely be able to 1vx, or small man effectively initially. Get with a group/guild. Some groups guilds will help supply you with gear, food, etc.

Try BlackWaterBlade, for no CP, and at least some of the population being inexperienced, you might find something closer to balance (which does not exist remotely currently)

Options
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    ESO pvp is both the most, and least, fun I've had in a game.

this is the most authentic description I've seen yet :)
    Options
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mr1sho wrote: »
    Asking about PVP on the forums is a bad idea just go play it and make your decision

QFT.

PVP in ESO is hilarious. It's the real end-game. Not problem-free by any stretch, but awesome. Find a guild group to run with and give it a shot. I assure you, the picture you are going to get from some of these folks on here is NOT representative of the experience in-game like...at all.

Options
  • Gargis
    Gargis
    ✭✭✭
    PVP is trash in this game.

So much lag that breaking CC is not reliable.

Proc sets that set up the one shot mechanics. You would have thought that Mr Frior would have learned this from his time in DAoC, apparently not.

Healing is a joke and beyond boring...smart healing...give me a break. Not being able to single target heal the person you want is horrid design. Then again, the entire game is an AE fest, be it damage or healing.

The need to use impenetrable armor to mitigate damage....of course that is the solution when you don't want to separate pve from pve skills.

The zone map is too small, I'd prefer to ride for says and not see another player..../boggle.
    Options
  • timborggrenlarsenb16_ESO
    NO
    Unbalanced classes
    Unbalanced skills - Only a few setup that works - Or die
    Unbalanced Armor types
    Way to high DPS
    Way to easy regain
    Way to fast attack rate
    Way to litte stuff do / That matters for you and for the realm
    Way to few mobs/ Npc'es
    Hidden / Stealth zergs
    Why to many ect.........
    FFFRRREEEDDDOOOMMM!!!
    - Be Anyone.
    - Do Anything.
    - Go Anywhere.
    Options
  • Barbaran
    Barbaran
    ✭✭✭✭
    i enjoy pvp mostly or i wouldnt play.
    cetain aspects are fustrating but any game where you play against other people are always going to have problems
    Options
  • BoxFoxx
    BoxFoxx
    ✭✭✭
    You know ESO PvP sucks when you find out that a beta game like Paladins is more fun.
    Options
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pvp is the only reason I have played this game more than a month

It's a lot of fun (in BwB at least, no proc sets, not lagcity like TF) but there are still some very annoying bug that zos just wont fix, such as 5 min loadscreens that screw all the momentum of the groups, no pointer on sieges at tri keeps, gapcloser into loadscreen and a few random crashes. But even after all this, I still play so it must be fun heh?
    Founder of PUGz of Daggerfall
    Former Emperors : Dragon of the PUGz, Witcher of the PUGz
    Options