The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Is PvP fun?

Naughty_Ryder
Naughty_Ryder
✭✭✭
I am yet to explore the PvP aspect of ESO. Can anyone tell me if it's worth doing, is it fun? I play Magblade / Templar Healer in PvE. I like honest answers :#
Edited by Naughty_Ryder on November 21, 2016 11:16AM
Fairies are invisible and inaudible like angels. But their magic sparkles in nature.

- I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unless you run heavy impen then no and even then too much proc sets in there it can be fun sometimes but other times it's just horrible
    Options
  • SanderBuraas
    SanderBuraas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently, no.
    Options
  • Buffler
    Buffler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you love no skilled scrubz killing you because of pure luck proc sets and constant lag, buildings not appearing, ppl running with 35k hp as minimum, constant load screens when more than 2 people visible on screen, ultimates that seem to blow up zos servers and kids spamming abuse in zone chat then you will love it!
    Options
  • Naughty_Ryder
    Naughty_Ryder
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm.. It all sounds so wonderful! :D I think I will give it a miss on that note.

Thanks anyway! <3
    Fairies are invisible and inaudible like angels. But their magic sparkles in nature.

- I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.
    Options
  • mr1sho
    mr1sho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asking about PVP on the forums is a bad idea just go play it and make your decision
    Gold Company Commander
    Options
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a Templar Healer, you can have fun if you have an organized group. Then you can use your heals for strategic purposes and people will try to protect you. Solo healing in PvP is not fun, IMO.

But be prepared to change almost everything from your build... From light to heavy, from destro do sword and shield, from divines to impen, remove a bunch of useful skill for PvE that are just not that useful in PvP.

I don't know about magblades since it has been a while since I've seen one in PvP. I recently leveled a NB but stam for PvP and it was fun, even me being a terrible, terrible offensive player in PvP.

In the end, I think that playing with a somewhat organized group that you know is what really makes PvP fun, even if you are (like me) terrible at actually PvPing.
    Options
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subjective question.

Try it and find out.
    Options
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmm if he try's it he might be scared for life
    Options
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm if he try's it he might be scared for life

Live 'n learn.
    Options
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, cos it's new to what you've been playing as pve. New things to learn, new strategy, new ladder to climb.
    After 150 hours you'll get over the fun.
    Pc na
    Options
  • Bislobo
    Bislobo
    ✭✭✭
    Yes if you don't take it seriously.
    Redguard Dragonknight - Bislobo
    Orc Nightblade - Bislobø
    Redguard Sorcerer - Bisłobo
    Imperial Templar - Bíslobo
    Altmer Sorcerer - Bisløbo
    Options
  • deevoh1991
    deevoh1991
    ✭✭✭
    only if you're in a large group with over 9 people Otherwise it feels boring and pointless.
    PSN GT : Divzor
    Options
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's the only thing keeping me playing. It's a choice you should go and find out for yourself. If I would have listened to the forums' negativity I never would have stepped foot in cyrodiil, yet here I am having fun :)
    Options
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Define fun.
    Options
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Find out for yourself. It's a question the forums can't answer objectively.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
    Options
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends if you have friends a small guild, I run with 4 to 5 people we have a blast, it can be awesome fun and it can be hair pulling madness, depends on what you are looking for, still a lot of exploiters and cheaters in pvp , combined with the proctard groups can tend to suck the fun out of things, but if your running into other groups around your size that are out there to play and have a good time you can fun.

Keep sieges can be a hoot riding into to battle with your faction sometimes make me think of the riders of Rohan.

Don't be fooled there are many problems in pvp my biggest beef with ZOS is they just leave to many broken things in the game for to long and are not hard enough on cheaters.

If large scale pvp is not for you might want to try dueling.
    Options
  • Darethran
    Darethran
    ✭✭✭
    The PvP is royally broken. From mages that one-shot you the moment you land an attack, to procsets that will end you in two hits at most, ZOS have succeeded in making a successor to Dynasty Warriors.

Which is bad, by the way.

The fun is to be had with siege. Sure, run some a'ight PvP gear and tackle the occasional Altmer, but you're going to be sorely disappointed and frustrated if you go in, guns a-blazing, and you are slain in the next second and a half by a sneaking Night Blade.

See if you can mooch a few fire ballista off one of the old guard, and then tag along with the main zerg force. You won't be in the thick of it, but god damn it feels good to burn those yellow-bellied aristocrats.
    In Scotland | @Darethran

[EU] Ervona Saranith (EP) - Lvl 50 CP >560 - Dunmer Healer
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mr1sho wrote: »
    Asking about PVP on the forums is a bad idea just go play it and make your decision

Probably one of the wisest things I've ever read
    Options
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, and keep in mind some of the people here trash talking pvp probably still spend half their life there.

If a 3k extra burst from viper was ruining your day, your not playing pvp right.

Cheers!
    Options
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    PvP is fun if you can stand being killed a lot.
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, and keep in mind some of the people here trash talking pvp probably still spend half their life there.

Yes, we do. The performance issues bug me the most though. If you're a PVEr, imagine trying to run dungeons with 400-999 ping every day while ZOS did absolutely nothing about it. They keep telling you they are working on fixing the issue, but it never happens. Imagine feeling like they've completely abandoned PVE and every bit of new content went into Cyrodiil.
    I understand a larger portion of the player base is PVE related, but I'm just trying to give some perspective so you can see why PVPers complain so much. We complain because we enjoy the PVP in this game, but for the most part, it's unplayable.
    Options
  • Sa0n
    Sa0n
    ✭✭✭
    People still don't get it. At this point, you're choosing not to get it, really. You couldn't actually be that stupid.

Let there be as many stupid armor procs, prayers from whatever gods, potions of "health" that also give you a huge *** that will impregnate all the women in the world while also spraying happiness, gold tempers and money on others, weapon ultimates the size and magnitude of an ***'s ego, whatever confusing crap you want to bloat it with,

the main reasons why someone would not like PvP at this moment still remain the same:

Lag, temporarily invisible players, temporarily invisible structures, the occasional ridiculously long loading screens, remaining stuck in combat for 5 minutes after the last battle

I can deal with being ganked, zerged or outplayed. I accept that I'm not a good player, but I want to learn.
    What is preventing people from learning properly, is the game itself that turns into an unresponsive slideshow when you're supposed to react.

Imagine fighting in a ring at ZOS HQ. You don't know crap about fighting. You can prepare yourself by reading, watching or listening to professionals. But in this case, every time you're supposed to use what you've learned and the fight is about to start, they force you to down a bottle of vodka.

Good luck.
    Edited by Sa0n on November 21, 2016 1:36PM
    Literally eat my assflaps.

Uninstalled.
    Time wasted: 6 years.
    Options
  • MishMash
    MishMash
    ✭✭✭✭
    PvP can be fun!

However, I would not suggest you run into PvP and expect to do well. PvP and PvE are two VERY different things for various reasons. Your current PvE build might be amazing, but if you bring it and your current bar/skills into PvP it might be awful!

The only way one can really prepare for PvP is to get in there and fight.
    I would suggest you first start off with running with a small group. Join a guild or go into PvP and type in zone LFG, and hopeful a group will pick you up.

PC NA DC 4eva! I try my very best. If it is not good enough for you too bad! Playing off and on since April 2014 CP2009.
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sa0n wrote: »
    People still don't get it. At this point, you're choosing not to get it, really. You couldn't actually be that stupid.

Actually if you look above I said one of the main issues was performance. Not gonna lie, I'm a little hurt.
    Options
  • nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It can be, but everyone running around wearing Proc Sets takes some of the fun out of it. Funny how we all agree they are cancer but keep running them anyway...
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
    Options
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tranquil_Fairy PvP CAN be fun... its a hit or miss really.... some days its fun as hell and you feel like you are actually accomplishing things in the game... other days u feel like ur getting ur ass handed to you ... if you are playing with friends on teamspeak/discord the dialogue can make for a VERY entertaining day/night
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
    Options
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO pvp is both the most, and least, fun I've had in a game.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Obviously PVE-ers will generally say no, pvp-ers will generally say yes.

I have a lot of fun - and that is mostly soloing (often with the zerg). But there ARE times when its really frustrating. I don't have too much of a problem with lag except for massive battles at primetime.

BUT, and this is a big but. (and speaking from experience) If you are planning on trying it now for your first time - when almost everyone else has been Pvping for a while, has had a lot of practice and has builds especially for PVP which they are used to playing - you WILL be frustrated. You will die a lot. You will hardly get any kills and you will be scratching your head and wondering why. Unfortunately it does have a steep learning curve - especially in terms of simply surviving.
    That doesn't mean you can't PVP - it just means you may have to be prepared to take a lot of lumps before you start seeing some nice results - even so you will still get bad days.
    I'd suggest first trying with a sub-50 character on BWB. The time to kill is much longer there, giving you more chance to react - also it is more pug-friendly, you are more likely to fight others who are just as bad (but there ARE a lot of experienced players who prefer BWB). I'd also suggest going with something tanky - just so that in each combat, you have more 'play-time' before dying - which means you have more time to learn how to PVP. That was my problem when I started.. A combination of no tankyness in the character - and no idea how to play equalled lots of insta-deaths - which didn't give me a chance to learn.
    And bind roll-dodge to a separate key. Double-tapping is too slow!
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
    Options
  • Sa0n
    Sa0n
    ✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Sa0n wrote: »

Actually if you look above I said one of the main issues was performance. Not gonna lie, I'm a little hurt.

Well, then you're obviously one of those who seem to notice a general lack of about 40 fps and a ping of >300ms on their screen, so don't be hurt.
    Literally eat my assflaps.

Uninstalled.
    Time wasted: 6 years.
    Options