The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

I'm in a guild that wants me to pay them 1k a week - legit or scam?

• SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am in two trading guilds.

First is free. Everyone has access to the trader, for free. If you want access to the bank as well, they require a one-time donation of 10k (and then message an officer for access), to discourage bank robbery. This guild tends to get a trader once or twice a month, by design. (With sales and donations, this is all they can currently sustain, but they are still growing). I list my lower ticket items there, like recipes and some set pieces, and they sell pretty well when the trader is up.

Second one has 1k dues per week, which are enforced for gaining access to the trader, but once you have access they are not strict about it unless they fall too far short of the amount needed to get the trader. (My husband took a two month break from the game and still had guild store privileges when he returned). If it's expensive, or I want it to sell quickly, it goes here. They have only lost their guild trader once in the last three months, and even in a casual week of just selling off things clogging my inventory I easily make 10k+.

Dues are common in successful traders. I only worry about the guilds with the giant dues... For those, you want to make sure they get a trader in an awesome area, and also check logs to see if the guild leader is skimming off the top to line their own pockets. (It's pretty easy to tell which withdraws are for guild business and which are more personal, if you pay attention to the events and such as noted in the Message of the Day.)
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, I just read the guild's FAQ on how they calculate whether you've contributed the 1K gold per week. It sounds like they'd have to do a ton of admin to do the calculations for the whole guild, but it also sounds like a very fair way of figuring out who's contributing enough for the guild to keep their trader and who isn't.

The bottom line is that if you sell enough stuff with them, you'll never need to make a donation. If you don't sell enough then you've got multiple different ways to make up the difference, including a direct donation to the guild bank.

A little bit complicated, but very fair and it definitely doesn't sound like a scam - especially considering the millions it costs a guild each week to keep a prime trader spot.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jemcrystal wrote: »
    I joined this guild yesterday or day before. I have been selling items in the guild store. The way they word this it makes it sound like I am suppose to have 1k gold in my own bank at all times but that makes no sense because they cannot see what I have on me. So I am guessing they want a 1k contribution a week. Which would be fine if it was a month but weekly is a little pushy. Also they have ungodly amount of money no one needs this much for anything. How much is those freakn rent-a-street-traders anyway? Are you suppose to bid on them? Also, every guild I have been in does a raffle thingy whether they were big, small, or w/e. I don't raffle it's against my personal religion but idc if you all do. Not pushing my beliefs just saying.
    http://i.imgur.com/W5uyyzu.png
    W5uyyzut.png

from what i read you need to deposit a minimum of 1k in to the guild bank per week. Though IF the trade guild does not have the guild store merchent in a good spot id leave. im in one that is free (pc) and we have a vender in reapers march lol
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Requiring a weekly sales minimum is understandable, or even buying so much in raffle tickets. But being required to GIVE gold to the guild on a weekly basis is beyond me. I'm in the top-selling guild in Elden Root NA PC, and we only require that you not be offline for 2 weeks withour explaination.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR