The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The Unholy Herdsman - Thelon's Pet Build (Homestead)

• Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thelon wrote: »
    @Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Do you think infused on big pieces is better? Since we have lots of max magic and it'll stack? Or more spell crit better?

I prefer the extra spell Crit from Divines as it nets more damage + self-healing. Go infused if you like to rely more on shields + pet damage. Both are totally viable and the differences are fairly negligible.

Do you recommend this for VMA? (I'm very experienced in VMA just curious how it does.)

Yes, this build is great for vMA, and that's where I do a bunch of my testing.

If you're cheap and don't want "chain chug" pots 24/7, what would you recommend dropping for inner light? Also would you recommend double betting inner light and maybe dropping twilight (mainly in maelstrom)?

If you drop the Twilight Matriarch, you lose access to your burst heal, so I don't recommend this unless your grouped or highly proficient at vMA. Instead of double-barring Inner Light put it on the front bar only and try Haunting Curse on the back.

One last question: have you tried this build for soloing bosses in IC districts for telvar farm? How does it do? And potentially could put Imperial physique set with necropetence or would it be best to leave sets as they are?

Yes, I've soloed all IC bosses with this build, and it makes for a really good Tel Var farm if you don't get pvp'd in the process. If a particular boss is troublesome, bring the Clannfear instead of Volatile Familiar. I've never used Imperial Physique but I'm skeptical that it would out DPS Ilambris + Infalliable Aether.

Good luck out there!!!

Cool thanks for the info and quick reply :smile:
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted comment, because if they read it, they'll nerf the build :o
    Edited by Vahrokh on March 3, 2017 12:05AM
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey I have another question on the weapon/gear slots after watching your video.

I have all staffs in sharpened: Maelstrom Lightning and fire.
    Infallible Aether lightning.

So of these, it seems your IA front bar with Fire MAstaff back bar.

Does the MA staff enchant work whilst on the IA staff bar? Also I really really like lightning blockade for aoe when using MA lightning staff.
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
  • the_eso_fan
    Hey Thelon, is the familiar successfully tanking for you or are you having to run around like a maniac .. and are you therefore using the clannfear in those cases?
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Does the MA staff enchant work whilst on the IA staff bar? Also I really really like lightning blockade for aoe when using MA lightning staff.
    @Wrecking_Blow_Spam

Yes, the enchant applies even after you switch bars. This is why most builds back bar their vMA staff.

I hear you on the Lightning Blockade - the new Vulnerability debuff is awesome. The reason I stick to Fire Blockade is the synergy it has with Ilambris. Without Fire Blockade, the builds lacks enough flame damage to proc Llambris consistently enough for my liking, and this shows in both single target and AoE DPS tests.
  • gard
    gard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't shock proc ilambris?
    My wife complains that I never listen to her. (Or something like that.)
    -- I'm a one man smurf zerg!

My ESO addons:
    Midnight - Find out when midnight is so that you can check for ww/vamp spawn.
    Goto - Adds a tab to the map pane allowing you to teleport to a friend, guildmate, or groupmate for free.
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @gard

All three elements (fire, lightning and ice) proc Llambris. The point is that the more types of damage you apply on a consistent basis, the more frequently you will proc Llambris. Running all lightning damage won't cut it!
  • dpencil
    dpencil
    ✭✭✭✭
    The loss of the Fire proc on Ilambris is less than the gain from Vulneravility and Exploiter, by a lot. I am running double lightning with Ilambris now.
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @dpencil

Could you PM me your solo DPS screenshots on the 6mil target dummy? I'd like to compare to my testing
  • gard
    gard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to the tooltip, Ilambris can be procced by shock or fire. No mention of ice there. Oversight? Or reality?

I've observed that both storms can be active simultaneously. Each effect can proc once every six seconds.
    I guess the question is, are we using force pulse enough to proc the opposite element from elemental blockade, or do we also need to be light attacking with a staff of the opposite damage type to gain decent uptime on both storms.

My ESO addons:
    Goto - Adds a tab to the map pane allowing you to teleport to a friend, guildmate, or groupmate for free.
  • Molydeus
    Molydeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How does this build compare to Erraln's The Culmination: Summoner Damage Dealer?
  • gard
    gard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Molydeus wrote: »
    How does this build compare to Erraln's The Culmination: Summoner Damage Dealer?

Thelon's seems more about survivability and doing content solo. The other one is more strictly dps, would be rough without a healer.

My ESO addons:
  • Synroth
    Synroth
    Hey I have another question on the weapon/gear slots after watching your video.

I have all staffs in sharpened: Maelstrom Lightning and fire.
    Infallible Aether lightning.

So of these, it seems your IA front bar with Fire MAstaff back bar.

Jealous. I've only been able to get charged VMA Staves so far..

The struggle is real, and the farming will continue. :(

I will mention that this build is fantastic for VMA though. Just swap a few skills out here and there depending on the Stage.
    Edited by Synroth on March 9, 2017 9:27PM
    XboxOne - NA - Gamertag: IlI SYNN IlI
    CP 690+ - DC
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Have you seen the incoming nerfs to regen shown at PAX?

Will we need to grind just another, umpteenth new set of gear?
  • sync
    sync
    I wish you could get the Necropotence set in the free Overlands sets you get with a template character on the test server.
  • sync
    sync
    What kind of dps would you get with the poor man setup?
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    sync wrote: »

15k.
  • gard
    gard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edit - wrong thread
    Edited by gard on March 13, 2017 11:51AM

My ESO addons:
  • Vitalist
    Vitalist
    Soul Shriven
    @Thelon
    Hi! How it is better to pass from "Poor Man’s Set-Up" to "End-Game Set-Up"? In data the moment at me х5 Seducer (Light, Divines), Helm Ilambris (Heavy, not Divines), Shoulders Torug’s Pact (Medium, Divines), х2 Staff of Torug’s Pact. All "Purple". Started Necropotence search (so far only Boots, not Divines). On Divines I will collect everything not soon - there is a sense to pass to Necropotence not Divines and to gradually replace them?
    Thanks for attention and sorry for my English)
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

15k.
    Vitalist wrote: »
    @Thelon
    Hi! How it is better to pass from "Poor Man’s Set-Up" to "End-Game Set-Up"? In data the moment at me х5 Seducer (Light, Divines), Helm Ilambris (Heavy, not Divines), Shoulders Torug’s Pact (Medium, Divines), х2 Staff of Torug’s Pact. All "Purple". Started Necropotence search (so far only Boots, not Divines). On Divines I will collect everything not soon - there is a sense to pass to Necropotence not Divines and to gradually replace them?
    Thanks for attention and sorry for my English)

You can easily get a starter Necropotence set with bad stats:

- by looking on guild stores. There's usually 1-2 wrong enchantment / stat green item for sale for 1-2k.
    - by farming Rivenspire delves / dolmens (jewelry), public dungeon and world bosses. I found out I get 1 Necropotence item every 5-7 kills, usually with wrong stats. But at least I could quickly throw a set together to get the bonuses.
    -
  • sync
    sync
    Tamriel Trade Centre
    You can try that link to find gear with Divines. But you have to be quick. Traders snatch up the reasonably priced gear right away and then sell it at a much higher price.
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vahrokh wrote: »

@Vahrokh

I'm pretty confident that this build could function after regen nerfs without a total rework of the gear sets. Some options could include:

- Switch Thief Mundus for Atronach

- Add one or two regen glyphs to jewelry

- Switch blue food for purple drink (Witchmothers)

- Switch Ilambris for Engine Guardian
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thelon wrote: »
    Vahrokh wrote: »

@Vahrokh

I'm pretty confident that this build could function after regen nerfs without a total rework of the gear sets. Some options could include:

- Switch Thief Mundus for Atronach

- Add one or two regen glyphs to jewelry

- Switch blue food for purple drink (Witchmothers)

- Switch Ilambris for Engine Guardian

Thank you! I am especially concerned about having to spend countless hours re-re-re-re-re-re-re-grinding my gear.
    I can only play 2 hours a day, came back to ESO a couple of weeks ago, I might not even have the time to get the whole Necropotence set and make it "gold" before ZOS drops some game balance nuclear strike that would render my effort useless.
    Considering I've quit ESO over this 2 years ago, I would not exactly be happy to see my face slammed every time I try come back to play this game!
    Edited by Vahrokh on March 15, 2017 9:37PM
  • Dao_Jones
    Dao_Jones
    ✭✭✭
    Hey Thelon, is the familiar successfully tanking for you or are you having to run around like a maniac .. and are you therefore using the clannfear in those cases?

Curious to see an answer on this, as well. I like the AoE threat of the VF, but I really want a tanky pet for solo play against big boss-types. If I have to kite bosses all day then I'm not sure why I'd use pets at all.
    You've played with the best... now play with the rest!

www.unrepentantgaming.com. Pants off - game on!
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dao_Jones
    @the_eso_fan

Go for the Unstable Clannfear if you're looking for a reliable​ heal-tank. The Volatile Familiar is recommended in general since a dedicated tank is only necessary​ for the game's most difficult content
    Edited by Thelon on March 15, 2017 10:20PM
  • the_eso_fan
    Ya, I've done vet fungal 1 and coh 1 with the familiar and it never aggros, so I have to keep moving. But with the familiar damage I find I'm able to take the bosses down quicker than with the clannfear.
    Edited by the_eso_fan on March 15, 2017 11:19PM
  • Dao_Jones
    Dao_Jones
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you, @Thelon
    Ya, I've done vet fungal 1 and coh 1 with the familiar and it never aggros, so I have to keep moving. But with the familiar damage I find I'm able to take the bosses down quicker than with the clannfear.
    So, in your experience the Familiar is a preferable go-to over the Clannfear, even though you lose the ability to take the heat off by having a tanky pet? Is this pure solo play, or with others?
    You've played with the best... now play with the rest!

www.unrepentantgaming.com. Pants off - game on!
  • the_eso_fan
    @Dao_Jones

Pure solo play. There's a lot more kiting but I prefer the damage of the familiar. I forgot about vet vault of madness. Again, for those tests, I was able to kite and use the familiar.
  • sync
    sync
    I'm using the Clanfear but so far I'm not impressed with its ability to tank.
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm using the Clanfear but so far I'm not impressed with its ability to tank.

I am tanking world bosses, public dungeon bosses and instance bosses with it, I am impressed!

Of course there are bosses with special mechanics / gimnicks and 1-shot tricks where it won't work so good.
    Edited by Vahrokh on March 16, 2017 1:56AM