The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Unholy Herdsman - Thelon's Pet Build (Homestead)

• erinthebow
    erinthebow
    Soul Shriven
    Thelon, I have really enjoy using your Unholy-Herdsman pet build. I haven't finished Veteran Maelstrom yet but I think that I may be able to do so with your build. The only change I have made is to use 5 pieces of Trinimac's Valor instead of Necropotence. Casting Empowered Ward every 5 seconds procs the Trinimac's a lot for great damage and sustain. I love using it with Illambris. Thanks again for sharing.
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @erinthebow

Hi Erin! I'm glad you're enjoying the build! Trinimac is a great idea and I'm pretty sure that @Waffennacht bases his pet build around that set. You may want to hit him up for more ideas.

Good luck out there, especially in vMA!
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also friend in vMA make sure to use the Destro Ultimate for tough spots - it will really help you take down groups of mobs and tough bosses quickly! You can use Overload too but I've found the Destro Ultimate to be fantastic in there.
  • Pestman35
    Pestman35
    Soul Shriven
    Nice guide..

My question. Being a brand new player. No crafting, no cp points, no real money, and still need to learn the game.

How viable is it for someone like me?
  • SmalltalkJava
    SmalltalkJava
    ✭✭✭
    Pestman35 wrote: »
    Nice guide..

My question. Being a brand new player. No crafting, no cp points, no real money, and still need to learn the game.

Very viable. Better gear just makes it better. Use gear with magicka on it. I leveled up as a pet sorc it is viable

• Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Pestman35

While this build is designed for end-game, just grab as many of the skills as you can while you level, grab the best food you can with health + magicka and use gear that has any combination of Magicka, Spell Damage and Magicka Recovery, and you should do just fine.

Good luck out there!
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pestman35 wrote: »
    Nice guide..

Very viable. Better gear just makes it better. Use gear with magicka on it. I leveled up as a pet sorc it is viable

@SmalltalkJava

Haha it's been so long since I lvl'd I'd love to do it on a pure pet sorc again!
  • shack80
    shack80
    ✭✭✭
    I tried to use pet tank at vMO, but everytime I summoned my pet it disappeared instantly. Did it killed that fast or is there some bug? I didn't see anyone hitting my bed, I was using winged twilight.
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shack80 wrote: »
    I tried to use pet tank at vMO, but everytime I summoned my pet it disappeared instantly. Did it killed that fast or is there some bug? I didn't see anyone hitting my bed, I was using winged twilight.

@shack80

Are you using your Unstable Clannfear as your pet tank? It will survive significantly longer than the winged twilight
  • AldoDeCoco
    AldoDeCoco
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone!

What ybout passives for this build. I'm totally new to ESO, so please forgive me, if I am missing something. ;o)

Thanks for the answer(s) in beforehand!
    And thanks for the build of course! I'm trying it at the moment. Just hit lvl 10, yeah! =D
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @AldoDeCoco

welcome to ESO!

Don't worry too much about passives - by the time you've amassed enough Champion Points to equip the gear in this build, you'll have more than enough skill points for all the passives you want (and then some)

While you level, always grab passives ASAP - I'd say grab your racial passives, light armor passives, class and destruction staff passives as they become available, in that order.

good luck out there!
  • NinthPrince64
    NinthPrince64
    ✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    Thelon wrote: »
    I do VMA on my sorc with a pet build

5 elegant/5 Lich and 2 infernal guardian

It's pretty easy.. never run out of mana doing it.

Usually only die during laggy stuns

@Xsorus

That's a pretty cool setup! Ilambris is crazy good in vMA too if you've got it handy.

Yea i've not tried Ilambris yet; I'm getting closer and closer to no deaths on my Sorc (only ran VMA like 6 times) and i'm at 470k right now and 11/15 lives.

Forgot to mention i have two lightning staves (I have a lightning lich staff on off bar)

Bar is Unstable Familiar/Elemental Blockade/Inner Light/Hardened Ward/Matriach (the heal one) and Overload.

Basically in all the stages I just use UF/EB and heavy attack to kill everything..while spamming HW..when the boss comes just pop overload and burn it down while keeping shield up...pretty easy..i don't really even both swapping my bars that much anymore....I might try your setup though to see how it works.......

Sorry, I am sure I am just being a bit slow, but could you lay out what you have on each of your bars? This looks like a fun build to try out.

Also, have you tried using Ilambris?

Thx.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do VMA on my sorc with a pet build

5 elegant/5 Lich and 2 infernal guardian

It's pretty easy.. never run out of mana doing it.

Usually only die during laggy stuns

@Xsorus

That's a pretty cool setup! Ilambris is crazy good in vMA too if you've got it handy.

Yea i've not tried Ilambris yet; I'm getting closer and closer to no deaths on my Sorc (only ran VMA like 6 times) and i'm at 470k right now and 11/15 lives.

Forgot to mention i have two lightning staves (I have a lightning lich staff on off bar)

Bar is Unstable Familiar/Elemental Blockade/Inner Light/Hardened Ward/Matriach (the heal one) and Overload.

Basically in all the stages I just use UF/EB and heavy attack to kill everything..while spamming HW..when the boss comes just pop overload and burn it down while keeping shield up...pretty easy..i don't really even both swapping my bars that much anymore....I might try your setup though to see how it works.......

Sorry, I am sure I am just being a bit slow, but could you lay out what you have on each of your bars? This looks like a fun build to try out.

Also, have you tried using Ilambris?

Thx.

Aoe pet, elemental blockade (the large radius one), inner light, hardened ward, twilight mat (heal one)

Back bar is same thing except elemental blockade is changed to lightning form, and inner light can be replaced with anything. You can also replace hardened ward as well if you want.

Tried it on pts and it's a lot better now though I may switch to shadowrend set if I ever get shoulders
  • Ina
    Ina
    Soul Shriven
    So I joined sometime before the new life event and rushed through to nearly 250 cp by just blindly following xp farm groups which is all about button mashing. This has caused me to learn very little about the game, have little spare gold and be extremely undergeared, so if these questions are stupid then apologies. :smile:

My questions are as follows:
    1) I've a bunch of necropotence pieces from those farms (mostly green, crappy traits and wrong slots like jewelery, weapon and head). Is it worth wearing a set with crappy traits till I'm able to acquire divine pieces for the right slots? I'm a little burnt out on farming and won't be doing that for a while. I also don't have the gold to simply buy and upgrade. Should I just craft the poor man gear till then?
    2) How do I raise my hp? I haven't put any points in health and always use a blue food (max mag and health) but this only gets me to about 16k.
    3) Do you max out all the passives in daedric summoning skill lines? Also is it worth using the daedric curse ability? One of the morphs increases pet damage but I'm not sure if it's worth the slot. I don't yet have the proc sets so I wonder if I'm not better off swapping force pulse for something else.
    4) Is it bad etiquette to use pets in dungeons? I hear some people say the pets steal heals and stuff. This is my first character and I don't know how heal abilities work but I thought they hit all members of the group.

Thanks :) Your build is great, btw. I really wanted to play a pet build in this game but thought it won't be viable. Your build looks great so I reset my skills to pick up the daedric summoning line and couple other skills you suggested.
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ina

Welcome to ESO, and nice work grinding to 250 already!

1 - don't grind Necropotence for all the right pieces / traits. Just craft the 'poor man's' setup and save your gold until you can afford the required pieces. Its realitively cheap

2 - As you continue to gain Champion Points, your health will rise as well.

3 - Yes, max out all class, racial, destruction Staff, light Armor and Mages guild passives. In its current form, Daedric Prey is not worth the skill slot.

4 - Don't worry too much about what people say in dungeons (I still get similar comments from PUGs until they see me in action) but I recommend you bring a petless build to Veteran Trials if you choose to do that content for the reasons you mentioned

Good luck out there!
  • Ina
    Ina
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the reply!
    Just craft the 'poor man's' setup and save your gold until you can afford the required pieces. Its realitively cheap

So I was looking up info on all crafted sets...Is it better to go for the Julianos set if I don't have willpower items yet to boost spell damage via set bonus? In which case, what jewelry would I go for? or just better to stick it out until I get willpower (once enough gold or it drops). Please give me your suggestion. :smile:
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ina

If you opt for Julianos you may run into sustain issues, which is no good while you're learning the build. So stick with Seducer imo.

For Jewelry, you could look for blue quality Willpower or Soulshine, which would be cheaper alternatives while you save up for purple quality Willpower.
  • Ina
    Ina
    Soul Shriven
    @Ina

If you opt for Julianos you may run into sustain issues, which is no good while you're learning the build. So stick with Seducer imo.

For Jewelry, you could look for blue quality Willpower or Soulshine, which would be cheaper alternatives while you save up for purple quality Willpower.

Ok makes sense. Thanks.

Btw, what are your thoughts on the upcoming changes to sorc next update and how much do you think it will affect this build?

• shack80
    shack80
    ✭✭✭

@shack80

Are you using your Unstable Clannfear as your pet tank? It will survive significantly longer than the winged twilight

And stupid me, didnt realize that it must be slotted on both bars.
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ina

Ive read the pet changes and I'm excited for the extra survivability, especially on the Twilight. I'm on vacation so I dont have access to the PTS, but I'll do an update for the build after I've had a chance to test everything
  • Ina
    Ina
    Soul Shriven
    @Ina

Ive read the pet changes and I'm excited for the extra survivability, especially on the Twilight. I'm on vacation so I dont have access to the PTS, but I'll do an update for the build after I've had a chance to test everything

Will look forward to it.

Have fun on your vacation!
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And stupid me, didnt realize that it must be slotted on both bars.

@shack80
    No worries, friend. It's a stupid requirement that turns a lot of people off pet builds regardless of how fun they can be
  • ricam
    ricam
    ✭✭✭
    I run a pet build. I have tried other combinations but I always go back to my pets. I run solo most of the time. My clannfear is my tank and twilight is my healer. I usually only die when I group with someone. lol

Do you think you will change up your bars with the upcoming pet buffs?

Edited since I can not delete. I see my question has been asked. I am exited to see what you do with the changes.
    Edited by ricam on January 10, 2017 9:45PM
    PS4 NA. Ebonheart Pact, Dark Elf, Sorcerer
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ricam

Yes friend, I expect changes will need to be made to both the gear and skills for this build, based on the notes released so far. Thanks for your interest :smile:
  • ricam
    ricam
    ✭✭✭
    :smile:
    PS4 NA. Ebonheart Pact, Dark Elf, Sorcerer
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ina wrote: »
    @Ina

Will look forward to it.

Have fun on your vacation!

thx bud! Costs Rica was a great escape from the cold Canadian wilderness in which I dwell
  • sync
    sync
    I expect changes will need to be made to both the gear and skills for this build, based on the notes released so far.
    Thanks for the build. :smile:

Do you have plans to update it?

• Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @sync

Glad you liked the build! I'll be updating it for Homestead when I get a bit more time to play and test
  • Captain8504
    Captain8504
    ✭✭✭
    Quick question..would a dark elf be viable for this build? It'll give you more fire damage in the end.
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Captain8504

Yes, while I run High Elf a dunmer or Breton would work just fine! Good luck out there!