Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Hi i am new

JoaqoIann
JoaqoIann
Soul Shriven
Hi everybody, i am new on ESO, i create a Dark Elf Mage, can u help me to make it good for PvP ?

Please i want to know everything i need to know about ESO

PD: Sorry from my english, i am from Argentina we speak spanish here
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, first, welcome to ESO!

You might want to do an internet search. There are several good sites out there with Sorcerer builds. I am also confident that someone in here were happen along with links. Personally, I am playing with a "pet build", but that is for PVE, not PVP.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Fallen_Ray
    Fallen_Ray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a guide that will give you some ideas of the skills to use. It's a headstart, I speak spanish too so if you need anything at all let me know
    Edited by Fallen_Ray on November 10, 2016 7:16PM
    "Dear brother, I do not spread rumors, I create them"- Lucien Lachance
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly before thinking of a build and else, discover how the game is, if you are fresh and new you don't have most of the skills and you don't know what match your playstile.
    Personally i don't find myself confortable with the builds that the top pvp'er use.
    Signature

• Stump
    Stump
    ✭✭✭
    Tamriel Foundry is a great place to review some builds and get some ideas. I recommend using them as a template and play around with which build and abilities you like. Not every build works for everyone, find one you are comfortable with and be willing to adapt. It wont work perfect at first and you'll probably respec several times til you feel its right. And then a major patch comes out and you have to respec and learn to play all over again.

Here's the link straight to the Sorc section. http://tamrielfoundry.com/forum/classes/sorcerer-class/
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see one problem there. An its "dark elf mage"
    If you really want to do a mage and to be succesful then orc is only choice for you.
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghettokid wrote: »
    If you really want to do a mage and to be succesful then orc is only choice for you.

Stop it
    Orcs are an inferior race
    Edited by Tonnopesce on November 10, 2016 7:26PM
    Signature

• SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

OP do not listen to this seriously.

Orcs are for stamina builds.

But nice troll attempt anyways lol
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• JoaqoIann
    JoaqoIann
    Soul Shriven

Some people say HIGH ELF are the best, i choose DARK ELF cause i read in the descriptcion that they have fire bonus so i tought that was good for fire skills.... = DAMAGE
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JoaqoIann wrote: »

Some people say HIGH ELF are the best, i choose DARK ELF cause i read in the descriptcion that they have fire bonus so i tought that was good for fire skills.... = DAMAGE

Dark Elf is a perfectly good race for a magicka damage dealer. They are more popular for Dragonknights (which have a lot of fire damage abilities), and not quite as popular for Sorcerers (who deal more with shock damage than fire), but that is from a min/max standpoint. From a magicka damage standpoint, you are perfectly fine! My magicka sorcerer is also a Dark Elf. :)

Ghettokid is just a huge fan of Orcs, and whether you are looking for a good tank or a mage or a healer or the next god of Tamriel, to Ghettokid you can only get there if you start as an Orc. :s:D
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • JoaqoIann
    JoaqoIann
    Soul Shriven
    SolarCat02 wrote: »

Dark Elf is a perfectly good race for a magicka damage dealer. They are more popular for Dragonknights (which have a lot of fire damage abilities), and not quite as popular for Sorcerers (who deal more with shock damage than fire), but that is from a min/max standpoint. From a magicka damage standpoint, you are perfectly fine! My magicka sorcerer is also a Dark Elf. :)

Ghettokid is just a huge fan of Orcs, and whether you are looking for a good tank or a mage or a healer or the next god of Tamriel, to Ghettokid you can only get there if you start as an Orc. :s:D

Dragonknight is a class ? Profesion ? I could be a DragonKnight Sorceress ?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dragonknight is a class ? Profesion ? I could be a DragonKnight Sorceress ?

4 Classes, pick one

Dragon Knight (Fire Damage)
    Sorcerer (Elemental or Lightening Damage)
    Night Blade (Health stealing stealthy type)
    Templar (Healer, all around type of character)

Roles (pick as many as you want, but you need to gear or skill up for certain ones)

Tank
    Damage Dealer
    Healer

Races

Some benefit Magic like High Elf, Breton, Dark Elf, some benefit Stamina like Orc, Bosmer, Nord. I am not super familiar with the other races in this game, so do some research

Any Class/Race can play any role, some combo's will just be a little better than other combo's, but they will all work. Unless your doing end game trials for leaderboards, but that takes a focused character for 1% of the content. I build and play for the other 99% myself.

Edited by Nestor on November 10, 2016 7:54PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

High Elf is slightly better, but Dark Elf is good either way.
  • madmamado
    madmamado
    i live in argentina too
    1st thing you have to do is never use wifi in pvp
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everybody, i am new on ESO, i create a Dark Elf Mage, can u help me to make it good for PvP ?

Please i want to know everything i need to know about ESO

PD: Sorry from my english, i am from Argentina we speak spanish here

@JoaqoIann Hello, and welcome to ESO. More specifically the official forums. :) Now that greetings are out of the way, let's answer your question. Shall we?

To make a solid Dark Elf mage (magicka user), I highly advise you first seek out the 5 pieces of the Seducer set. As being new to the game, you'll want this as it will help you with magicka-based resource management. I'll also advise you pick-up 3 pieces of the Magnus set, as it works quite nicely with magicka builds earlier on. You'll also want to look into obtaining a restoration staff (part of the Magnus set) and inferno staff of the Magnus set as well. As Dark Elves work nicely with flame damage. Specifically a sharpened inferno staff, and powered restoration staff. Maybe precise. It's up to you. You'll also want to look into obtaining the Atronach mundus stone, as that will help you with resource management as well.

After you've gotten some champion points under your belt, and have a firm grasp upon the game. I highly advise you change your mundus to the Thief, and look into obtaining a set called "Burning Spellweave". It's a fantastic light armor set that works wonderfully with the Dark Elf race, and Dragonknight Class (if you went that route). Another good set to look into is called "Silks of the Sun", and also pairs nicely with the Dark Elf race. Being as it too helps out with fire/flame-based damage. And lastly, I advise you look into obtaining 2 undaunted monster sets if possible. The first being called "Valkyn Skoria" which comes from a dungeon called: "City of Ash II". And the other being called "Grothdarr", which comes from the dungeon: "Vaults of Madness". Re shoulder to these sets you can obtain from the undaunted chests.

Have fun playing ESO, and again welcome to the forums. ^_^
  • threefarms
    threefarms
    ✭✭✭
    Join the Pact!
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you're new please DO NOT start off with pre made builds! Learn to love the game, your character and your class. That's when you really master that class. Try a bunch of spells, check out the morphs, see what works and what doesn't, that's when you learn. Don't just pick a build from TamrielFoundry, that's cookie cutter *** right there. Try your class out and get to know it! :)

If you just get handed a build and gear from early start you will most likely never end up being "good".
    Edited by andreasranasen on November 11, 2016 2:50AM
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • JoaqoIann
    JoaqoIann
    Soul Shriven
    This is not like Diablo II where u could spoil a character ? I will learn all the skills ?
  • trav2609rwb17_ESO
    trav2609rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    This is not like Diablo II where u could spoil a character ? I will learn all the skills ?

Like most games you do have limits - firstly what you can learn (when you select a certain profession and race you get a set number of skills you can learn). Then as you go along it takes time to skill up the different skills. Reason people say try them all out is that there a lot of choices and everyone sees them differently. Added on top of this is skills that you get from guilds that you join and also from pvp as you get me experience there.

Dont think you can spoil a character but now and then the game does change things that causes people relook at what they have and reskill (respec).

Look at the builds for ideas but start off trying everything - once you get to CP 160 you can finalise what you want as you will also be upgrading gear quite often.

Key is to play what you enjoy and realise that nothing is ever final in this game.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Indeed high elf is good, but also argonian and breton and whatever race you want to use :).
    I think after One Tamriel it really doesn't matter much about what race will you choose.
    Even Dunmer can be a great stamina templar based on physical damage, if you choose wisely the combination of dropped / crafted armor/weapon sets and skills.
    Edited by Gargath on November 11, 2016 7:41AM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • RiddleDiddle
    RiddleDiddle
    ✭✭
    Hi new, i'm dad ;)
    ( ノ ゚ー゚)ノ My Copying Skills Are Great ヽ(゚ー゚ヽ)

Greetings from the advice Horker
  • FerrumnCutem
    FerrumnCutem
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi new, i'm dad ;)

Beat me to it ;P
    JOIN THE PACT
    BE A DARK ELF
    BE AN IMPERIAL
    or y'know, just roll whatever you think is best :)
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You have
    Class active/passive skills..which you are tied into.
    Racial passives skills...which you are tied into.
    Guild active/passive skills...which any build can access
    World active/passive skills...which any build can access
    Armour active/passive skills...which any build can access
    Weapon active/passive skills...which any build can access

Pretty much you can mix and match skills from many trees.
    Only class and racial skill lines are limited and unique.

You cant get a feel for how any of these active skills function in PvP or PvE without actually using them, levelling.
    You need to explore and find skyshards and complete quests to unlock active/passive skills...as well as level them.
    Selecting skills locks you into them unless you find more skill points.
    BUT...there is a respec shrine in every factions capital city which enables you to reset all skill point allocations for a price of gold.
    So if you dont like the way your build is working out....just respec and try a different combination of attribute and skills.

There is a CP campaign and no-CP PvP campaign.
    You will want to start in the no-CP PvP campaign from level 10 onward.
    Decide if you want to change to the CP campaign at a later date.

Welcome to ESO.
    Edited by Rune_Relic on November 11, 2016 11:32AM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • pattyLtd
    pattyLtd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont start like this it will drive you nuts and probably away from the game in record time.

You don't need sets at all until end game imo and can't really spoil a character since you can reset skills at any time.

I never cared or put much tought in builds or min/max and just went with what i liked until i reached VR16 and now i do have proper builds for 5 max level characters. Point is you don't have to overthink or think at all about any of this stuff right now just play the game and see if you like it first :)
    English is not my native language, no grammar police please, tyvm
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dark Elf has a large bonus for fire skills, and a smaller one for the other elemental skills. It also has a high magicka bonus and a smaller stamina one - this is not useless, as it allows for more dodging and blocking even for a magicka build. So it's a perfectly good choice for any magicka DPS, regardless of class. Even sorcerers usually mix their mostly lightning damage with flame AoE/DoT from a fire staff on their back bar. Flame damage is very effective on most enemies in the game.

So if you have created a Dark Elf character he can be very effective as a magicka DD, regardless of class. Obviously the best class to pick is Dragonknight, because the bonuses stack with the racials quite well. Sorcerer and Templar are also good choices, since Sorcerer skills are mostly shock damage (a small boost from racials) and also some of the Templar skills do fire damage, directly or indirectly. For Nightblade the only advantage is having a higher flame resistance, because otherwise the class lacks most of the mitigation the others have, it also doesn't have any skills that deal elemental damage but it will be using the elemental damage from destruction staff tree, just like other classes.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • JoaqoIann
    JoaqoIann
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for al the information people, reset skills is something Easy when u are high lvl?
  • JoaqoIann
    JoaqoIann
    Soul Shriven
    Another noob question , i could only delete three characters? Cause i was thinking create a High Elf Sorceross
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for al the information people, reset skills is something Easy when u are high lvl?

Yes, it's pretty easy to reset all your attribute and skill points if you feel you've done something wrong. Just go to your alliance capital. And there are some shrines there that allow you to do that. It's like 50 gold per point. The map icon looks like an hour glass with a small hole in the middle. Depending on your alliance they are located in:

Ebonheart Pact: Mournhold, Deshaan - big building in the middle of the town, down the hall from the bank clerks
    Daggerfal Covenant: Wayrest, Stormhaven - in the cathedral
    Aldmeri Dominion: Elden Root, Grahtwood - just next to the way shrine, in the big hall under the tree

http://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Shrines#Rededication_Shrines
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle

Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi New, I'm d...
    Hi new, i'm dad ;)

Goddamnit. Welcome, anyways. I hope you enjoy the game!
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wellcome! Reseting skills and stats is very easy. Only thing you cant change is your racial passives, unless you plan on buying crowns, then you can change that to. So in no way you can screw up your char beyond repair. Like other ppl say, just play the game, go through the storyline, lvl up your char to max lvl, then start thinking builds and gear sets.
    That delete thingy has a timer, i think you can delete 3 chars a day.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You don't need to delete chars. IMO it's a waste of play time. I never deleted any chars until now and I don't plan on doing it. Because I've concentrated on doing it right from the beginning, and adapting to what changes in game on the way. Just optimize your game play and skills to each race's advantages. If you made a High Elf heavy armor Templar that spams radiant oppression and wrecking blow, with points spread equally between stamina, health and magicka there's no need to delete him. Just respec to full magicka and level the relevant skill lines.

For example my Nord DK was a hybrid build from level 4 to VR16 (~CP300) because as a tank he needed all stats, and his stats were so low because of low CP and bad gear - hakeijos were expensive as hell back then, and so were CP150-160 materials - so I had to wait to make that gold, tri-stat enchanted armor that allowed me to have sufficient health and magicka despite putting all my points in stamina. And until a later update Nord did not even have a stamina bonus, so I was in doubt whether to go full stamina or magicka end game. But I respecced and adapted.

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters: