Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

No ESO PS4 Pro Reviews?

Shadowstep2003
Shadowstep2003
✭✭✭
I've four or five articles regarding the PS4 Pro, but not one of them have mentioned ESO.

Is there still a patch that needs to go out to make the game compatible? Is anyone here planning on doing a review tomorrow?
I'm really interested in reading honest non-biased impressions before I purchase.
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you're hoping to read a review on here, it's not going to be unbiased. Like the majority of the threads on here, people either defend the game to the hilt or have an axe to grind and as such make out things are worse than they are. Better waiting for an independent site or two to stick up a review.
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Neogaf had a few users who had it and said it was great--better than the Skyrim PS Pro patch. I'd check out their "PS4 Pro" review section, if I recall? They have user screenshots and feedback from lots of lucky folks who got the hardware early.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    Neogaf had a few users who had it and said it was great--better than the Skyrim PS Pro patch. I'd check out their "PS4 Pro" review section, if I recall? They have user screenshots and feedback from lots of lucky folks who got the hardware early.

can you kindly point to said threads? i cant seem to find them through google

Edit: I may have found the thread, but there is hardly any ESO talk from what i can see.
    Edited by exeeter702 on November 10, 2016 3:17AM
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is at least on PS4 pro thread that has opinions but not reviews. Search PS4 pro here not on Google.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is at least on PS4 pro thread that has opinions but not reviews. Search PS4 pro here not on Google.

there are no threads on here that have hands on impressions of how ESO runs on the pro.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »

there are no threads on here that have hands on impressions of how ESO runs on the pro.

@exeeter702
    I wrote and suggested opinions. It's impossible to have regular people hands on reviews when the thing releases on 11/10. Are you aware it'll release tomorrow?

Edited by NewBlacksmurf on November 10, 2016 5:09AM
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@exeeter702
    I wrote and suggested opinions. It's impossible to have regular people hands on reviews when the thing releases on 11/10. Are you aware it'll release tomorrow?

i was directly replying to the poster that had mentioned a neogaf thread..... There are individuals that already have access to the hardware and have been posting all sorts of screen shots and commenting on performance of other games on the pro.

However as i was talking to that person, the only evidence i found in said thread was an individual commenting on the poor performance of skyrim SO on the pro while ESO actually ran smooth without much less lag in heavy populated areas.

There is no such thing that i can find, and i was asking them if they had a direct link to any hands on impressions or screen shots.

Edited by exeeter702 on November 10, 2016 8:32AM
  • mdylan2013
    mdylan2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm so undecided over getting one or not. :/
    PS4/EU
    CP-1300+
    PSN - LookoutLuke
    15 Max level toons
    PVE/PVP
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

can you kindly point to said threads? i cant seem to find them through google

Edit: I may have found the thread, but there is hardly any ESO talk from what i can see.

There have been like three mentions of it in various Neogaf threads. It's almost impossible to find the right comment there. I'll upload comparison pics today, once I get my Pro all set up. How's that?
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@exeeter702

i was directly replying to the poster that had mentioned a neogaf thread..... There are individuals that already have access to the hardware and have been posting all sorts of screen shots and commenting on performance of other games on the pro.

However as i was talking to that person, the only evidence i found in said thread was an individual commenting on the poor performance of skyrim SO on the pro while ESO actually ran smooth without much less lag in heavy populated areas.

There is no such thing that i can find, and i was asking them if they had a direct link to any hands on impressions or screen shots.

@exeeter702

Correct me if I'm wrong, you're asking about ESO differences. Afaik, the game update hits today right?

• Rhazmuz
    Rhazmuz
    ✭✭✭
    ESO has already been updated with PS4 Pro comptability. It happened in the One Tamriel patch.
    Rhazmuz - Nord DK tank
    PS4 - EU
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhazmuz wrote: »
    ESO has already been updated with PS4 Pro comptability. It happened in the One Tamriel patch.

Gotcha thanks I see the patch notes now.
  • BlanketFort
    BlanketFort
    ✭✭✭✭
    Posting to show my interest in visual comparisons.
    I currently own an xb1, but am considering getting the PS4 pro today.
    Since I don't have a 4K tv, I'm largely interested in the "higher graphic fidelity" ZOS mentioned for 1080p. If it's noticeable, then off I go to grab it, if not, then I'll wait for Scorpio.

So if anyone could post or link any comparisons for FHD, that'd be greatly appreciated :)
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless you have a 4k tv the only thing you'll get is a higher utility bill.
  • QUEZ420
    QUEZ420
    ✭✭✭✭
    Picking my Playstation Pro up at Gamestop in jus a few hrs I can't wait! Eso in all its 4k glory! :)
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing on PS4 pro with 4K tv today, I can say it does look a little bit better, the lighting is prettier, the details of the world sharper and clearer. A more pleasant experience compared to original PS4 on a 4K TV.
    However, it's not very noticeable, won't get you more immersed as such.

The only downside is the fan and disk drive reading noise is a bit louder than the original PS4.

My conclusion, it's a good upgrade anyway, as you get to play other 4K native games or future titles. If short on cash like me, just sell off the original PS4.
    Pc na
  • QUEZ420
    QUEZ420
    ✭✭✭✭
    akl77 wrote: »
    I've been playing on PS4 pro with 4K tv today, I can say it does look a little bit better, the lighting is prettier, the details of the world sharper and clearer. A more pleasant experience compared to original PS4 on a 4K TV.

The only downside is the fan and disk drive reading noise is a bit louder than the original PS4.

My conclusion, it's a good upgrade anyway, as you get to play other 4K native games or future titles. If short on cash like me, just sell off the original PS4.

Yessir I'm doing the same, trading in my OG PS4 towards the pro n that plus reward points knocks down the price to $200 bucks, well worth it imo n glad u got ur hands on one n shared ur experience. :)
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

What model tv? People making comparisons (as I'll be doing in a few hours) should mention this. Only the newer Samsung ones and a handful of LG and Sony sets do HDR properly. Vizio, for example isn't a good purchase for 4K gaming.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Any noticeable difference in game performance/lag at all, compared to the original PS4?
  • Torbschka
    Torbschka
    ✭✭✭✭
    How about fps improvement/ lag in and outside of cyro
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »

false
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What model tv? People making comparisons (as I'll be doing in a few hours) should mention this. Only the newer Samsung ones and a handful of LG and Sony sets do HDR properly. Vizio, for example isn't a good purchase for 4K gaming.

I bought the latest Samsung HDR 4K tv 2 months ago just for the PS4 pro.
    Pc na
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »

Any noticeable difference in game performance/lag at all, compared to the original PS4?

I did noticed the load screen when you port to any zone area takes longer, lag a little initially as well.
    But nothing major, not game breaking. Original PS4 does lag and load longer when bugged out or when internet speed drops as well anyway.
    Edited by akl77 on November 10, 2016 10:17PM
    Pc na
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unless im missing something, and there is some kind of way to activate the 1080p enhanced mode, then i am sorely disappointed....

My suspicion of ZOSs silence leading up to the pro's launch was not unfounded. Having spent the last hour playing ESO on the pro, the graphical improvements for the 1080p "enhanced" version are nigh unnoticeable..

All that extra power and they squander it. What a wash.....

I really hope im simply missing something here.
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Got 49m on the transfer to go. Shots will likely come tomorrow. I have the PC version running at 4K/ 60 Ultra so I have a good idea what it *can look like. I'm guessing it clocks in somewhere around med-high at 4K. Should still be a nice bump, though, and 4K resolution really is another level entirely of itself for clarity and detail.
  • Cerbolt
    Cerbolt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unless im missing something, and there is some kind of way to activate the 1080p enhanced mode, then i am sorely disappointed....

My suspicion of ZOSs silence leading up to the pro's launch was not unfounded. Having spent the last hour playing ESO on the pro, the graphical improvements for the 1080p "enhanced" version are nigh unnoticeable..

Just got myself a pro(old ps4 died) but I don't have a 4k so I was hoping there'd at least be some improvement on 1080 ...if what you says true than I'm pretty disappointed.

Anyone know if you've gotta activate it or download it or something?
    AD - For the Queen!
    PSEU: Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade | Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Magplar | Ra'ban - Khajiit MagDK | Gaelhwen - Bosmer Stamden

PCEU: Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Stamplar | Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Got 49m on the transfer to go. Shots will likely come tomorrow. I have the PC version running at 4K/ 60 Ultra so I have a good idea what it *can look like. I'm guessing it clocks in somewhere around med-high at 4K. Should still be a nice bump, though, and 4K resolution really is another level entirely of itself for clarity and detail.

im trying to take side by side screen shots from both, im setting the pc to defualt ultra (ps4 hardware can handle this at 30 fps zero excuses) and i will try to post.

The problem is that im getting the impression that they locked the graphical improvements to the same degree regarding the 4k mode and the 1080p enhanced mode. Instead of doing what was done with tomb raider, where you can opt for a 1080p version at 30 fps with absolute graphical goodness or opt for the 4k version with less visual sliders yet it will run at 4k.

We are not getting that option, and i think the 1080p version is getting the shaft because they had to make sure the 4k version ran at 30 fps while pushing the only effects that they could reasonably push. Because obviously, if the 4k version looks exactly like it does on the original ps4 only with 4k rendering. that would be a complete joke.

Basically im pretty sure the 1080p and 4k "modes" share the exact same visual improvements, which again is an offensive waste of power for the 1080p version.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »

false

How so? It consumes 350watts,vs 140watts on it's predecessor. Same cpu,same hdd, OK USB 3 I guess. Still not worth upgrading.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@exeeter702

Would you say it's just this game or are others also not popping or looking noticeably better?

Edit:
    Nevermind...seems by design with the PS4 pro that 1080p enhanced mode is still 4K but downsampled so it's not actually two different versions. Seems not to be an ESO issue but an overall experience (based on other games feedback today in articles)
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on November 10, 2016 11:17PM
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

im trying to take side by side screen shots from both, im setting the pc to defualt ultra (ps4 hardware can handle this at 30 fps zero excuses) and i will try to post.

The problem is that im getting the impression that they locked the graphical improvements to the same degree regarding the 4k mode and the 1080p enhanced mode. Instead of doing what was done with tomb raider, where you can opt for a 1080p version at 30 fps with absolute graphical goodness or opt for the 4k version with less visual sliders yet it will run at 4k.

We are not getting that option, and i think the 1080p version is getting the shaft because they had to make sure the 4k version ran at 30 fps while pushing the only effects that they could reasonably push. Because obviously, if the 4k version looks exactly like it does on the original ps4 only with 4k rendering. that would be a complete joke.

Basically im pretty sure the 1080p and 4k "modes" share the exact same visual improvements, which again is an offensive waste of power for the 1080p version.

Yeah, I'm playing it now and there are definitely improvements in lighting, shadows, pop-in and textures (if only from the higher rez or downsampling). Coming from a base model, it does look really nice on my set, close--but not quite reaching--what I get on PC. As for 1080p mode, it is quite possible they just took everything from the 4K version, downsampled it and called it a day. It will still be an improvement over the base PS4 version, so there's that. And they can always patch things later, too.