Maintenance for the week of January 20:
· [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: EU megaserver for maintenance – January 21,  6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/508927/

[Suggestion] Instance everything.

  • LaiTash
    LaiTash
    ✭✭✭
    Experienced MMO players would agree ESO is an MMO.

    I'm experienced as hell (been playing MUDs when everything was dial-up) and i can only formally agree to that.
  • RiddleDiddle
    RiddleDiddle
    ✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    I disagree with instance everything.

    Instanced main/guild story line quests, yes.

    Scalable instanced dungeons for 2 to 4 man, yes
    Instanced trials, yes, scalable to something above 2 and below 12, maybe

    Instanced public dungeons and delves, no

    Trials shouldn't be instanced either, people could make us of that way too easy to get the BiS gear out of there.
    Trials should be a well.... trial, so a big group is necesarry imo.
    Rest is all right there for my opinion.
    ( ノ ゚ー゚)ノ My Copying Skills Are Great ヽ(゚ー゚ヽ)

    Greetings from the advice Horker
  • LaiTash
    LaiTash
    ✭✭✭
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »
    LaiTash wrote: »
    There is not one guild worth a *** running end game content that doesn't require team speak, the ones that don't(and they exist in every MMO) are glorified pugs

    Except there's no endgame content outside trials that would require a teamspeak. And it's not like trial runs are a must in this game.
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »
    I don't think people who want a single player experience should be catered to at all in an MMO

    Wow, really? Well i have some news for you: mmo isn't about "grouping". People who want a "single player" experience still participate in economy, for example. Even EVE provides lots of single player activities, there are people who never join a corp and feel fine, now tell me it is not a MMO. And lots of people who want some single player experience now and then. And finally, i can say people who don't want open world PvP or any other forms of competition (that's ESO for you) can go play some single player game with a cooperative multiplayer option - like, mass effect, AC, whatever, so that "actual MMO players" could have nice things. No? Then please stop telling who should be catered to and who shouldn't.

    This doesn't even make sense, you aren't even making an intelligent argument here.

    Your argument is intelligent, riiiight.
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LaiTash wrote: »
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »
    LaiTash wrote: »
    There is not one guild worth a *** running end game content that doesn't require team speak, the ones that don't(and they exist in every MMO) are glorified pugs

    Except there's no endgame content outside trials that would require a teamspeak. And it's not like trial runs are a must in this game.
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »
    I don't think people who want a single player experience should be catered to at all in an MMO

    Wow, really? Well i have some news for you: mmo isn't about "grouping". People who want a "single player" experience still participate in economy, for example. Even EVE provides lots of single player activities, there are people who never join a corp and feel fine, now tell me it is not a MMO. And lots of people who want some single player experience now and then. And finally, i can say people who don't want open world PvP or any other forms of competition (that's ESO for you) can go play some single player game with a cooperative multiplayer option - like, mass effect, AC, whatever, so that "actual MMO players" could have nice things. No? Then please stop telling who should be catered to and who shouldn't.

    This doesn't even make sense, you aren't even making an intelligent argument here.

    Your argument is intelligent, riiiight.

    I think you told me that MMO players should go play single player with co-op? That doesn't make any sense, not even a little bit.
    <Vehemence Officer>
  • LaiTash
    LaiTash
    ✭✭✭
    d0e1ow wrote: »
    People don't like logging into to "empty" feeling MMO's. Other people are a natural part of the equation. If you ask me, it's bad enough that we are forced into mega-servers instead of being able to form RP oriented servers, progression PvE oriented communities, PvP communities, etc. Instead we're all just tossed into the salad dish together, and it makes it hard to naturally happen upon people with similar interests and goals.

    OP's proposal solves just that. It's not unknown to a MMO - Ultima has trammel and felucca, which doesn't make it any worse (well it does, there shouldn't have been any Trammel in the first place)
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »
    LaiTash wrote: »
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »
    LaiTash wrote: »
    There is not one guild worth a *** running end game content that doesn't require team speak, the ones that don't(and they exist in every MMO) are glorified pugs

    Except there's no endgame content outside trials that would require a teamspeak. And it's not like trial runs are a must in this game.
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »
    I don't think people who want a single player experience should be catered to at all in an MMO

    Wow, really? Well i have some news for you: mmo isn't about "grouping". People who want a "single player" experience still participate in economy, for example. Even EVE provides lots of single player activities, there are people who never join a corp and feel fine, now tell me it is not a MMO. And lots of people who want some single player experience now and then. And finally, i can say people who don't want open world PvP or any other forms of competition (that's ESO for you) can go play some single player game with a cooperative multiplayer option - like, mass effect, AC, whatever, so that "actual MMO players" could have nice things. No? Then please stop telling who should be catered to and who shouldn't.

    This doesn't even make sense, you aren't even making an intelligent argument here.

    Your argument is intelligent, riiiight.

    I think you told me that MMO players should go play single player with co-op? That doesn't make any sense, not even a little bit.

    That makes perfect sence. Because players who only want coop content are *not* MMO players. You're fine with all PvP being confined to Cyrodiil - you're *not* a MMO player. At least not more then me. Because, you see, i don't like unnecessary forced cooperation (things like public dungeons/delves/dolmens in ESO), you don't like forced competition. So what exactly makes you a better MMO player then me? You told me to go play single-player game. I'm just telling you to do the same.
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LaiTash wrote: »
    d0e1ow wrote: »
    People don't like logging into to "empty" feeling MMO's. Other people are a natural part of the equation. If you ask me, it's bad enough that we are forced into mega-servers instead of being able to form RP oriented servers, progression PvE oriented communities, PvP communities, etc. Instead we're all just tossed into the salad dish together, and it makes it hard to naturally happen upon people with similar interests and goals.

    OP's proposal solves just that. It's not unknown to a MMO - Ultima has trammel and felucca, which doesn't make it any worse (well it does, there shouldn't have been any Trammel in the first place)
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »
    LaiTash wrote: »
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »
    LaiTash wrote: »
    There is not one guild worth a *** running end game content that doesn't require team speak, the ones that don't(and they exist in every MMO) are glorified pugs

    Except there's no endgame content outside trials that would require a teamspeak. And it's not like trial runs are a must in this game.
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »
    I don't think people who want a single player experience should be catered to at all in an MMO

    Wow, really? Well i have some news for you: mmo isn't about "grouping". People who want a "single player" experience still participate in economy, for example. Even EVE provides lots of single player activities, there are people who never join a corp and feel fine, now tell me it is not a MMO. And lots of people who want some single player experience now and then. And finally, i can say people who don't want open world PvP or any other forms of competition (that's ESO for you) can go play some single player game with a cooperative multiplayer option - like, mass effect, AC, whatever, so that "actual MMO players" could have nice things. No? Then please stop telling who should be catered to and who shouldn't.

    This doesn't even make sense, you aren't even making an intelligent argument here.

    Your argument is intelligent, riiiight.

    I think you told me that MMO players should go play single player with co-op? That doesn't make any sense, not even a little bit.

    That makes perfect sence. Because players who only want coop content are *not* MMO players. You're fine with all PvP being confined to Cyrodiil - you're *not* a MMO player. At least not more then me. Because, you see, i don't like unnecessary forced cooperation (things like public dungeons/delves/dolmens in ESO), you don't like forced competition. So what exactly makes you a better MMO player then me? You told me to go play single-player game. I'm just telling you to do the same.

    How does make any sense to tell a PvP'r and a raider to go play a single player game?
    <Vehemence Officer>
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    I disagree with instance everything.

    Instanced main/guild story line quests, yes.

    Scalable instanced dungeons for 2 to 4 man, yes
    Instanced trials, yes, scalable to something above 2 and below 12, maybe

    Instanced public dungeons and delves, no

    Trials shouldn't be instanced either, people could make us of that way too easy to get the BiS gear out of there.
    Trials should be a well.... trial, so a big group is necesarry imo.
    Rest is all right there for my opinion.

    I think you might be confusing terminology?
    Trials are already instanced.
    They are 12 man instances.
    They should not be open world or is that what you're advocating?
    Imo, that would be a cluster****!
    Beta tester November 2013
Sign In or Register to comment.