The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

I'm not a cookie cutter Healer Damit!

P3ZZL3
P3ZZL3
✭✭✭✭✭
So, thought I'd take advantage of the XP bonus weeks and leveled up a Templar Healer. Always good to have someone a a backup to look after these kind of things.

I'm not a trialist or heavy weight dungeon Min/Maxer - so I'm not likely to have BiS for a while, certainly not the SPC gear from WTG.

I'm running 5xSeducer (150) and 5xWorm (160) with Molag Kena epulates. All divines.
All purple as well, as I've not got 56 Druegh wax right now.

Now, I'm pulling the following stats right now:

Magika: 29,000
Health: 17,000
Stamina: 9k or something.

Spell Damage: 1800
Spell Crit: 50%
Magika Regen: 2550 with Food (Max health, Magika Regen).

With the magika pots, I can increase it by another 20%.

How good/bad is this? Just wondering more than anything. Took a group through several dungeons with no real issues bar one (Wayrest II Vet) but as a newbie Healer, we still made it eventually.

Cheers for your thoughts in advance :)
CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    P3ZZL3 wrote: »
    So, thought I'd take advantage of the XP bonus weeks and leveled up a Templar Healer. Always good to have someone a a backup to look after these kind of things.

I'm not a trialist or heavy weight dungeon Min/Maxer - so I'm not likely to have BiS for a while, certainly not the SPC gear from WTG.

I'm running 5xSeducer (150) and 5xWorm (160) with Molag Kena epulates. All divines.
    All purple as well, as I've not got 56 Druegh wax right now.

Now, I'm pulling the following stats right now:

Magika: 29,000
    Health: 17,000
    Stamina: 9k or something.

Spell Damage: 1800
    Spell Crit: 50%
    Magika Regen: 2550 with Food (Max health, Magika Regen).

With the magika pots, I can increase it by another 20%.

How good/bad is this? Just wondering more than anything. Took a group through several dungeons with no real issues bar one (Wayrest II Vet) but as a newbie Healer, we still made it eventually.

Cheers for your thoughts in advance :)

So be prepared to be kicked from groups regularly if you don't want to follow the cookie cutter BiS builds. Not that I agree with it, but that's how MMOs now days go. That is unless you have a healthy group of friends/guildmates to run with.
  • XpoZeD_GoD
    XpoZeD_GoD
    ✭✭
    17k health is a little low on a healer and you probably have more regen than you need so you could maybe swap to stat food rather than health and regen but that's down to you. You should be aiming for Spell Power Cure eventually but if you don't have it then that's fine, you can get by without it.
    Xbox EU
    ~650 CP
    Breton Nightblade (AD)
    Argonian DK (AD) [Tank]
    Altmer Sorcerer (AD)
    Bosmer Nightblade (AD)
    Imperial Templar (AD)
    Dunmer DK (AD)
    Argonian Templar (AD) [Healer]
    Redguard Sorcerer (AD)
    Breton Templar (EP)
    Redguard DK (DC)
    Imperial Sorcerer (EP)
    Khajiit Nightblade (DC)
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are pretty decent stats for a newbie healer ... congrats on using your XP weeks toward a productive result.

Now to improve upon this ...

2550 might be too high a regen, IMO ... above 2000 is ideal. Can you trade regen for more raw stats (health or magicka) ... or more spell damage utility?

If you can work on your undaunted passives in your spare time that will also help ...
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seducer is fine for healing, you'll do fine for pledges
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think your regen is probably higher than it needs to be, so you could look at reducing that in favour of increasing something else. How does it look if you're using blue health + magicka food instead of the health + magicka regen? A bigger magicka pool would make your heals hit harder, but depending on how much that reduces your regen it may not be worth the payoff. Alternately, you could look at keeping the health + magicka regen food and swapping out the seducer gear (which is mostly built around cost reduction and recovery) for julianos (which would make your heals hit harder).

Looks pretty decent overall though.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one's gonna kick you from vet dungeons for running this lol. For vet trials obviously that's different if they are going leaderboards and what not. It's a fine setup the regen like many have said is too high grade it in for more magicka, max magicka spell damage and crit severity all add to heal strength. But just get more magicka and your fine.

Also of you are on PC message me on game I can help you farm SPC if you wanted it...
    Edited by cpuScientist on October 31, 2016 5:05PM
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you can work on your undaunted passives in your spare time that will also help ...

Undaunted Passives over Light Armour

Undaunted
    Increase your Max Health, Stamina and Magika by 2% per type of Armor (Heavy, Medium, Light) that you have equipped.

Light Armour
    8% Magika Recovery
    Increased Spell Resist (2 pieces)

• P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTW @DMuehlhausen I have a good group of friends, trialists and such on EU. So joining some elitest nubs who think they are better than all, well, fkem :) To be brutally honest, having read some of the other threads over the many many months, their toxic and manners cost nothing. Give me a young, fresh pug who are willing to learn any day of the week :)

• newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would want Health over 18K to better resist the one-shots... but you are close to that.

Not familiar with the worm set... you might also want to take a look at Julianos though...
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Undaunted Passives over Light Armour

Undaunted
    Increase your Max Health, Stamina and Magika by 2% per type of Armor (Heavy, Medium, Light) that you have equipped.

Light Armour
    8% Magika Recovery
    Increased Spell Resist (2 pieces)

That's the player's choice, of course, so you're not obligated to level undaunted up to Level 9.

However, if your magicka regen is 2,500+ already, how will 8% magicka recovery improve your healer's overall stats and abilities?
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those stats are good. Room to play with adjusting stats, and also room for mistakes.

The regeneration is really high, but I don't blame you for wanting to hold on to that as you learn healing, either. As you feel more comfortable and with less need to spam heals I absolutely agree with trading in some of that.

50% crit rate is good for a healer. You want to aim for around 50% or so.

I would suggest making your weapons gold CP160, as you get a lot of mileage from that (and Rosin is less in demand than Wax, as well, so win-win). I am still running in mostly purple armor, but my weapons are both gold for the boost to spell power.

Also, don't forget you can re-enchant your jewelry as well. Reduced cost, increased regeneration, and spell power can all be viable depending on your build. Spell power is my favorite, of course.

What Mundus stone are you using? That's something else you can play with, for free.

I enjoy Julianos on my healer. Right now she is running Spell Power Cure/Julianos, and it's a good combination. I am working to replace the Julianos with Worm. Unfortunately all the good traits I have are on the same four pieces (settled for infused shoes for SPC for the 5th for now), so it will be a bit, but I love Vaults of Madness so it's not a big deal.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your setup is fine. I'd gold your weapons at least, and maybe youre enchants, but there's no need to gold everything.

An easy thing you might want to change is switching to max health/magicka food, the extra max stat will buff your heals quite a bit, and you're not going to need 2.5k recovery unless you're very low CP.
    Edited by ssewallb14_ESO on October 31, 2016 5:30PM
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SolarCat02 wrote: »
    The regeneration is really high, but I don't blame you for wanting to hold on to that as you learn healing, either. As you feel more comfortable and with less need to spam heals I absolutely agree with trading in some of that.
    Actually, this is a very good point. While you're learning healing on this character regen is more important than it will be later when you've pretty much mastered it. When you're learning how the character heals you'll rely more on expensive burst heals, but once you've gotten a better handle on it those expensive bursts will only be used for relatively rare emergencies, so your regen won't matter as much.

So although people (including myself) have been recommending reducing your regen in favour of other things, maybe don't reduce it by too much until you've become more comfortable with healing on this templar.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • SnubbS
    SnubbS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't need BiS gear to heal pugs through Fungal Grotto so it's really not a big deal at all. I'm getting undaunted on a Templar right now -- running lich + warlock and spamming heals. Easy as can be.

Edit: Everyone seems to be saying lower the regen for more burst healing. Put 100 into Blessed if you want more burst heals -- you never know when you're going to get matched up with the person who runs away from healing springs.
    Edited by SnubbS on October 31, 2016 6:07PM
    Xbox NA: SnubbS
    GoW eSports player & part time ESO Pug Ball Zerger.
    GB
  • salmoncat33
    salmoncat33
    ✭✭
    What weapons are you running? I know alot of templar healers also like helping with dps in between keeping people topped off. IF you run a destro staff on one bar the morph of elemental weakness that returns magika is a life saver for all the magika dps in the group. Also love the magika return from siphon spirit as well. I think your regen is a little high though as others have said more max magika will make your heals hit harder. Stronger hots means less emergency BoL going out and less magika you are spending means less regen needed. Cheers.
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe I should give this setup a name *shrugs* for all those "New to healing" :) Although to be fair, Worm Cult isn't really "Newbie" attire.... :/

The Seducing Healer it shall hence forth be known :)

• BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just one question: how often do cookie cutters get injured?
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The good thing about dungeons no one really cares about the healer as long as no one is dying. At least in most 4 man content. So make sure you have enough health to stay alive and then do what you need to do to keep others alive. People will be happy to have you.
  • aidenmoore
    aidenmoore
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think your stats are fine. You could switch from Max Health/M.Regen food with Max Health and Max Magicka food. For newbie, do a lot of dungeons for experience. Learn the mechanics and play around builds. Build one that you are comfortable with. Once you are there, if you want to get serious about healing. Then work on getting BiS gears.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Gorrag gro-Gar - Dragonknight ( Vehemence )
    YT : Gorrag gro-Gar
  • Myrrdinn2014
    Myrrdinn2014
    ✭✭✭
    On a side note on your food you could use the purple Witchmother's Brew gives Max Magicka/Health and give Magicka Regen also might help a bit for your health just a thought though :) As far as Seducer there is nothing wrong at all wtih using that to heal in. At least till you could get a Spell Power Cure set but absolutely nothing wrong with the gear your in.
  • Kidly
    Kidly
    ✭✭
    I'm not a cookie cutter build either. I'm a Vampire rocking 5 piece Pariah, 5 Piece Rattle Cage, 25K hp/magicka and 2K magicka recovery and spell damage. I can off tank and in some instances main tank (which is fun I'm dungeons with 3 dps) and I'm doing just fine. I never run out of magicka and my heals are strong (heals are strong anyway as long as you have major mending.)
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what do you consider cookie cutter? spc/infall master resto?
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^ Nice "NCC" build there Kidly :)

• UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, when I see "NCC" all I can think of is 1701. :|
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Hmm, when I see "NCC" all I can think of is 1701. :|

I see what you did there ...
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats ok for dungeons but for trials you'd need to wear spell power cure, there's simply no better set for healing.
    And yeah, upgrading your weapon to golden means 200 extra spell damage which is very useful, especially considering that your magicka is very low.
    XpoZeD_GoD wrote: »
    17k health is a little low on a healer and you probably have more regen than you need so you could maybe swap to stat food rather than health and regen but that's down to you. You should be aiming for Spell Power Cure eventually but if you don't have it then that's fine, you can get by without it.

Why 17k is low? Im healing just fine with 16-something.
    BigBragg wrote: »

Very rarely. :p
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • AuldWolf
    AuldWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still think that trials need to scale to group size, it'd nip this in the bud. The fact that trials need groups like this prove how out of touch, outdated, and wrong-headed some key people at ZOS are. It isn't 2003 and WoW any more. It's a new era, and games need to appeal to the audience of today. The vast, vast, vast majority of people just don't want to min/max, they want to have fun. And if you're not appealing to that desire to just have fun, and have an enjoyable experience? You're going to lose a lot of customers, and fast. That's why ESO is dropping in profits like a stone.

I keep wishing that these outdated, outmoded key people at ZOS could be educated or replaced. That sounds harsh, but I know this game will die if that doesn't happen. I've seen this exact same pattern repeat over and over, with so many of my favourite online games. It's driving me bonkers. I think it's because corporate suits think that experience matters, but when that experience is with MMOs from a decade ago, that experience is more toxic than it is helpful. I'm sad for ESO, because I genuinely love this game but the fact that this topic even exists just goes to show the problems it has and why it's having trouble reaching a broader audience.

I was watching the housing reveal trailer a while ago, and they were talking about how people want to be social, and do things together. No, they don't. They want to roleplay and hang out together, sure. That's what people do when they're together. But most people don't want the stress and anxiety of forced grouping. We live in a very stressful, anxious world, we don't want our video games to be like that, too. The vast majority of people will be playing solo, with a partner, or with a friend or two. You're going to see groups of 2 as the most common number. Then 1, then 3 as the most rare. Never 4 or 5 if we're talking the largest parts of the gaming populace.

Most, most people playing ESO will be playing it solo or with their partner.

All of this content needs difficulty settings and scaling to group size. All of it. Let the bragging rights be for having completed something on Uber X-Treme difficulty, rather than having completed the content full stop. Most of the people who play this game aren't cookie cutter builds. Most of the people who played Champions Online weren't cookie cutter builds, after all. And that's why CO died, because Cryptic was laser-focused on the hardcore, and now CO is a ghost town. The zero day, hardcore and PvP-focused patch for CO actually halved the population.

This is happening to ESO. ZOS needs to adapt fast or they'll just be another sordid repetition of this sorry tale that's affected so, so many games. I'm really tired of seeing it happen again and again and again and again and again. Do marketing people never learn? Do business people never learn? It's as vexing and dumbfounding as it is genuinely confusing.
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thats ok for dungeons but for trials you'd need to wear spell power cure, there's simply no better set for healing.
    And yeah, upgrading your weapon to golden means 200 extra spell damage which is very useful, especially considering that your magicka is very low.
    XpoZeD_GoD wrote: »

Why 17k is low? Im healing just fine with 16-something.
    BigBragg wrote: »

Very rarely. :p

For vet trials it maybe needed. Normal trials nothing is really needed but the ability to spam healing springs and not run out of mana.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe I should give this setup a name *shrugs* for all those "New to healing" :) Although to be fair, Worm Cult isn't really "Newbie" attire.... :/

The Seducing Healer it shall hence forth be known :)

How about the Seductive Healer?

Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    AuldWolf wrote: »
    I still think that trials need to scale to group size, it'd nip this in the bud. The fact that trials need groups like this prove how out of touch, outdated, and wrong-headed some key people at ZOS are. It isn't 2003 and WoW any more. It's a new era, and games need to appeal to the audience of today. The vast, vast, vast majority of people just don't want to min/max, they want to have fun.

Most, most people playing ESO will be playing it solo or with their partner.

All of this content needs difficulty settings and scaling to group size.

Do marketing people never learn? Do business people never learn? It's as vexing and dumbfounding as it is genuinely confusing.

Love your points.

1-Yes most die-hard ESO'ers are from ES in general and not just MMO BiS dudes (the ones that sub and last, I'm talking)

2-I don't care about difficulty, but yes, scale to group size OMG yes yes yes. Lots of stuff is shut off to me 'cause I work full time, second shift and have a spouse. Not willing to give up any of those.

3-Marketing? Speaking as someone who used to do some market research work - it's not in the research it's in the application, so that's not really marketing, it's upper management choices.

and finally 4; do Business people never learn? Pretty much no. They have a "short term bottom line" mentality which basically cuts them off from long term profits.

Just think how the HUGE potential playerbase (again, long term sub types - MONEY) were snubbed and essentially driven away by how Beta was run.