The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stam Sorc Tanking [PVE & PVP]

Alucardo
Alucardo
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Sorc has always been my favourite class. I started as magicka, then drifted towards stamina a few months later because I found the mag playstyle a bit boring on sorcerer. Just more of a "up in your face" type of player.
One aspect of the sorc I haven't tried yet is tanking. I think the main reason for this is it didn't really look like there was many abilities that would appeal to me as a tank. I don't like to just sit there and hold block - I like to be active and actually do something. This is why I enjoy the Templar tank. I've got unlimited sustain, don't need to rely on block, and I can help clear waves of enemies by taunting the strongest ones and wiping everything with blazing shield. It's amazing. Sadly I can't see the sorc counterpart doing anything like that. Or am I wrong?

So, my question is. Are there any sorc tanks out there in PVP or PVE, and would you care to share your builds and methods?
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Focus on high critical chance and a high Health pool.
    Your Hurricane and Critical Surge combo will be the bomb.

Next, you have the second best AoE root after Talons: Encase

I believe stamsorc is potentially the best damage dealing tank, although a mag NB might overperform in that aspect.

I don't like NB tanks though because they lack CC and group utility.
    NBs are "selfish" tanks.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had the same thought yesterday!

Put togeather something to try, but I'm working on Magica not stam, relying on shield to keep me alive!

I positive that this would not survive a trial, but normal dungeons it has been fairly fun and does some serious MOB killing.

I'm running 5 piece Varen's Sword n Board 3 on body. 5 piece spider Cult, destro back bar, ilambris Monster set.

skills wise I have
    ransack, Bound ageis, unstable familiar, hardened ward, Liquid lightning.
    Bound Ageis, familiar, crit surge, wall of elements, encase,

it's been fun so far, I need to add some more health to my gear as I'm only rocking 24k health, which is fine if I keep my shield up, but not great if you get hit whilst it down and I'm not blocking.... Stam is low so choosing what to block and what to leave to my shields is a challenge.
    The damage though is awesome, mobs melt, AOE coming out of everywhere, just wish I had chains.

Welcome to some advise for other sets, as this was based on things I had access to yesterday.
    Edited by Cherryblossom on October 31, 2016 9:46AM
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dubhliam wrote: »
    Focus on high critical chance and a high Health pool.
    Your Hurricane and Critical Surge combo will be the bomb.

Next, you have the second best AoE root after Talons: Encase

I believe stamsorc is potentially the best damage dealing tank, although a mag NB might overperform in that aspect.

I don't like NB tanks though because they lack CC and group utility.
    NBs are "selfish" tanks.

Why would you say that? Sap Essence is a great way to pull in mobs, and I've used it to keep health flowing to nearby team mates. My War Horn pops up fairly often as well.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    , just wish I had chains.

There is a remedy:
    TESO-set-unaunted-pirate-swarm-mother.jpg
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is a remedy:

then I'd have to give up Ilambris, it would lose all the fun.
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crit surge, Bound Armorments, Dark Deal, Hurricane, and Encase are all solid tools for a very self reliant, high sustain tank that can dish out some damage as well.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

There is a remedy:

That would be great, if the shoulders would drop. Instead I seem to keep getting prosperous versions of shoulders I already have and do not need. :P Yes I'm looking forward to making use of this helm on a lot of characters though.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm running a magsorc tank and it holds up very well in vet dungeons and as an offtank in many scenarios for vet trials. Good self heals, ridiculous awesome stam recovery with dark deal, can shield to take pressure off of health, encase for the small adds, LL for some fairly nice AoE dots, and it can be pretty awesome to have a tank with immediate access to major expediton with boundless storm and streak for mobility.

On the Ozara fight, my sorc can take the overcharger, troll, and archer away from the main group and survive solo while the group deals with the boss.

The only real downside is a pretty notable lack of group buffs. No igneous weapons for instance. You could run mystic orbs for some magicka utility,
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter