The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What was your first solo dungeon run?

raidentenshu_ESO
raidentenshu_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I just completed my first dungeon run; Normal Vaults of madness. Yes it's normal but I am planning on doing vet mode soon enough :) It's not a bad way to start my solo dungeon career.
  • ZOS_JohanaB
    ZOS_JohanaB
    ✭✭✭✭
    We've moved this to Dungeons, Trials & Arenas
    Staff Post
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mine was Banished Cells. Good on you for doing VoM though, I tried that one and gave up after it looked like it would take forever to get that damn harvester boss down with all the stuns during the feast phase.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wayrest Sewers. I still go there to farm mats.
  • Jazbay_Grape
    Jazbay_Grape
    ✭✭✭✭
    My first was Fungal Grotto yesterday. It wasn't bad and I was all excited because I got a DK sharpened sword ... until I remembered that I cant' sell it and I died a little inside.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first one was Fungal Grotto. That was a long, long, long time ago ...
    biggrin.gif

PS: Did it on a DW/Resto Nord Tank DK. No DPS to speak of so everything took forever but i got through eventually .
    Edited by SirAndy on October 28, 2016 5:40PM
  • Nemeliom
    Nemeliom
    ✭✭✭✭
    City of Ash 1
    Baradur Morker - Level 50 Bosmer Nightblade
    Le-Duck - Level 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Boom-Stormer - Level 50 High Elf Sorcerer
    Nemeliom the Great - Level 50 Redguard Warden
    Crazy Little Maggie - Level 50 High Elf Templar
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »
    Mine was Banished Cells. Good on you for doing VoM though, I tried that one and gave up after it looked like it would take forever to get that damn harvester boss down with all the stuns during the feast phase.

Did you attempted to do VoM on vet mode? Make sure you have a reliable source of self healing.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FG1 normal. But it was on my unarmed character, and I still skip the second to last crab boss. However, I am now a certified expert in the mechanics of this dungeon.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Did you attempted to do VoM on vet mode? Make sure you have a reliable source of self healing.

Nah this was back before 1T. It really wasn't an issue with self-healing on my MagNB, just that damn harvester would heal so much while I was stunned that I would only take 1%-2% off her between feasts. Got bored and called in a friend to two-man it.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Lashiing
    Lashiing
    ✭✭✭
    i once duo'd vHRC...
    PC/NA ― Dancing Jesters

AD – Khajiit Nightblade – Dps – lucif'r
    AD – Altmer Sorcerer – Dps – Trove Scamp
    AD – Dunmer Dragonknight – Dps – Lashiing
    AD – Altmer Templar – Dps – Six-teen
    DC – Redguard Sorcerer – Dps – Cunnїng Scamp

vMA • vDSA • vAA HM • vHRC HM • vSO HM • vMoL
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lashiing wrote: »
    i once duo'd vHRC...

You can't solo or duo HRC ...

There is a zone mechanic where you have to split into two groups of 6 each.

I tried both solo and duo and you can't progress after the first boss. The doors won't open.
    shades.gif
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Nah this was back before 1T. It really wasn't an issue with self-healing on my MagNB, just that damn harvester would heal so much while I was stunned that I would only take 1%-2% off her between feasts. Got bored and called in a friend to two-man it.

Ah I see. Since my main is a mag sorcs I just splash down some liquid Lighting and Elemental Blockade in the middle of the Harvester so that when she does try to heal herself that she would still sustain damage while she stunned me.
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    City of Ash 2. Took it as a dare. This was on vet pre tam 1. Sorc of course. No pets. Tons of deaths. After that solod them all. Trying fungal 2. Got 2nd boss to 43%. A well timed LL and illambris procs can kill the shades whilst you're pinned but you need both fire and lit to do it. Very tricky.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Lashiing
    Lashiing
    ✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    i once duo'd vHRC...

I tried both solo and duo and you can't progress after the first boss. The doors won't open.
    shades.gif

this was over a year ago when things were different my friend
    i also watched @Thelon solo vAA with his pet tank build
    PC/NA ― Dancing Jesters

AD – Khajiit Nightblade – Dps – lucif'r
    AD – Altmer Sorcerer – Dps – Trove Scamp
    AD – Dunmer Dragonknight – Dps – Lashiing
    AD – Altmer Templar – Dps – Six-teen
    DC – Redguard Sorcerer – Dps – Cunnїng Scamp

vMA • vDSA • vAA HM • vHRC HM • vSO HM • vMoL
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exactly why would one solo a dungeon except for bragging rights? There's not really anything to be had from it is there?
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Giraffon wrote: »
    Exactly why would one solo a dungeon except for bragging rights? There's not really anything to be had from it is there?

Nothing official, but it is fun and (yes, really) a good way to practice for vMA.
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a Vet 14, I decided to solo all the group dungeons on my starting alliance. This was before they had scaling, and it was silly easy. Now I can still solo most, but it is a challenge and I have to be ok with dying.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There used to be a distinct lack of challenging solo content and group dungeons filled that void ...
    shades.gif
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'm currently practicing to do vMA. I'm trying to build up my confidence level enough to prove to myself that I can do vMA, Solo. My mind has been group originated, and heavily depend on healer and others to aid me in battle. I'm trying to get out of that mentality.
  • mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was either City of Ash(1) or Crypt of Hearts (1), did them on the same day. That was quite some time ago though.
    Since then I have ran every normal solo(that it's possible to do) and a good deal of vet dungeons.
    I did this at first to learn how to play, I prefer running with a group though now that I know basically what I am doing.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's fun, you can make quite a lot of gold from looting mobs, there's lots of mats in some dungeons, heavy sacks, it's not a rat race of people running around dolmens and world bosses, you can farm for specific set pieces at your own leisure. There's plenty of reasons.

My first one was CoA I before they nerfed it. Basically Vet CoA I is like the old normal one. Kinda sad.
  • threefarms
    threefarms
    ✭✭✭
    Crypt of Hearts 1
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been solo farming normal Vaults for gear since 1T, that harvester boss is very annoying with all the stuns!

I think the first one I did was normal Wayrest Sewers, it's a great way to farm for rubedo leather due to all the skeever mobs.
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    Wayrest Sewers. I still go there to farm mats.

^ Like this guy said :).
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My first solo Vet dungeon was banished cells I think. Normal I have no idea which it was
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, before scaling I solo'ed fungal, banished, and several others. Post scaling my first was vet banished cells 1
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banished Cells, pre update cuz it was the first i saw @Thelon solo.

Surprised that it wasn't the easiest one, you'd think so as it's found so early in game
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Darkestnght
    Darkestnght
    ✭✭✭✭
    561CP magDK. Fungal Grotto over the weekend. I was surprised at how easy it was and why I waited so long to do it. I proceed to do many more normal dungeons solo and even grouped up for a few of them (which I swore I would never do) it was very fun. I also tried a one vet dungeon with a pug group and it did not go well.
    Xbox NA - CP1300+
    Xbox EU - CP400+

• SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    561CP magDK. Fungal Grotto over the weekend. I was surprised at how easy it was and why I waited so long to do it. I proceed to do many more normal dungeons solo and even grouped up for a few of them (which I swore I would never do) it was very fun. I also tried a one vet dungeon with a pug group and it did not go well.

You may want to start with some of the easier veteran dungeons. Wayrest Sewers 2, Spindleclutch 2, Banished Cells 2, Vaults of Madness, and Crypt of Hearts 1 are my favorites of the easier set of veteran dungeons.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    i once duo'd vHRC...

shades.gif

this was over a year ago when things were different my friend
    i also watched @Thelon solo vAA with his pet tank build

This is inaccurate. No one has ever soloed a trial because they all require more than one player to fulfill boss mechanics or progress to areas.

By "solo trials", we only ever refer to two different things:
    1. Soloing the Lightning Storm Atronach in Aetherian Archive. An easy boss with simple mechanics but a lot of health. Boring fight.
    2. Soloing Ra Kotu in Hel Ra Citadel. A difficult boss to solo, made much easier with a pet.

Also no one does this on Vet. Both would take 30+ minutes of pure DPS with no mistakes to kill. Lightning Storm Atronach is possible, but Ra Kotu would be too difficult (maybe more doable with a pet).

Thelon is an awesome player though. No arguing that lol.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Veteran City of Ash II was my first solo. It used to be my favorite dungeon and I wanted to see if Valkyn Skoria was soloable.

I only had 320CP or so at the time and rocked 5x Willow's Path, 4x Magnus, and 3x Willpower on my DW/Resto Magicka Sorc. It was an intense fight that lasted 15 minutes. Good times :)
    Edited by Vaoh on November 2, 2016 8:18PM