The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Maj al-Ragath's chest: same 3 sets over and over

bottleofsyrup
bottleofsyrup
✭✭✭✭✭
Not sure what's up but every single night since 1T came out I've only gotten 3 sets from Maj's chest: Malubeth, Maw of the Infernal and Bloodspawn. No variation. Not even a new trash shoulder. Haven't really bothered with Glirion's as I got the shoulders I needed from that chest when I turned all my keys in on patch day. A couple of guildmates told me they had the same issue. Anyone else?

Edit: 4 keys per night since 1T comes out to 92 keys, btw.

Edit 2: After the events of my most recent reply, I'm going on a hunt to see if Maj al-Ragath's mother is a killable NPC.
Edited by bottleofsyrup on October 28, 2016 12:09PM
  • KranderH
    KranderH
    ✭✭
    Had the same issue for about a week with the same 2-3 shoulders dropping every time. Followed by 2 weeks when the game decided to drop multiple set-ups of every single piece except for the one I was looking for.
    I was about to set my keyboard ablaze when it finally dropped a little while ago (crap trait, but still).

I thought I was unlucky but you and your guildmates must have been exceedingly naughty towards RNGsus (peace be with him) for this kind of bad luck ;)
    Edited by KranderH on October 28, 2016 5:11AM
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KranderH wrote: »
    Had the same issue for about a week with the same 2-3 shoulders dropping every time. Followed by 2 weeks when the game decided to drop multiple set-ups of every single piece except for the one I was looking for.
    I was about to set my keyboard ablaze when it finally dropped a little while ago (crap trait, but still).

I thought I was unlucky but you and your guildmates must have been exceedingly naughty towards RNGsus (peace be with him) for this kind of bad luck ;)

Just seems a bit weird that not only is it the same three sets every time but that we're all getting the same 3.
  • strikeback1247
    strikeback1247
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's called RNG and it hates you.

:^)
    P.A.W.S. - Positively Against Wild Sasquatches - NO TO BIGFOOT!
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep getting all of the OP Stamina Proc sets from Gilirion's Chest!

I've used 6 keys every day since One Tamriel dropped (excluding three days worth or so) and have tons of Prosperous/Training shoulders in all armor weights for every Stamina based monster set.

In terms of Tremorscale, Sellistrix, Selene, Kra'gh.... I have them all in Divines/Impen for both Medium and Heavy Armor.

For Magicka..... well I got a Divines light Grothdarr shoulder :) all I need is an Ilambris one.

I play Mag Sorc :/
    Edited by Vaoh on October 28, 2016 10:16AM
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

I've used 6 keys every day since One Tamriel dropped (excluding three days worth or so) and have tons of Prosperous/Training shoulders in all armor weights for every Stamina based monster set.

In terms of Tremorscale, Sellistrix, Selene, Kra'gh.... I have them all in Divines/Impen for both Medium and Heavy Armor.

For Magicka..... well I got a Divines light Grithdarr shoulder :) all I need is an Ilambris one.

Lends credence to the whole "different characters have different RNG" I've seen people talk about. Maybe I should just try Glirion's chest then. :D Maj's is garbage at this rate.
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's called RNG and it hates you.

:^)
    No, if his numbers are correct (92 keys for the same 3 shoulders) that's so unlikely with correct rng (in the range of 10^(-50)), that you can assume that the rng is somehow bugged.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You're lucky, I only get Sellestrix shoulders from Glirions chest.
    PC EU
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LOL

RNGeezus demands you to do more offering, the bloody ones are prefered!!!

• Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

For Magicka..... well I got a Divines light Grothdarr shoulder :) all I need is an Ilambris one.

Same ...
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    "And said, naked came I out of the Wailing Prison, and naked shall I return from the Undaunted Enclave for I can not wear training and prosperous: RNGesus gave, and the RNGesus has taken away; blessed be the name of the RNGesus." - Wrob 1:21
    Edited by Asardes on October 28, 2016 12:12PM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • strikeback1247
    strikeback1247
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Praise Nocturnal, the daedric prince of luck, 3 times a day and you may get some better rng.
    P.A.W.S. - Positively Against Wild Sasquatches - NO TO BIGFOOT!
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For s**ts I used one of tonight's keys on Maj's. Got another Blood Spawn...went over to Glirion's for the 2nd key and immediately got a medium divines Sellistrix. :D Third key (Glirion's) heavy Tremorscale. Went back over to Maj's and got ANOTHER Blood Spawn. Looks like I won't be using her chest anymore. RIP ever getting Ilambris or Kra'gh shoulders.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For s**ts I used one of tonight's keys on Maj's. Got another Blood Spawn...went over to Glirion's for the 2nd key and immediately got a medium divines Sellistrix. :D Third key (Glirion's) heavy Tremorscale. Went back over to Maj's and got ANOTHER Blood Spawn. Looks like I won't be using her chest anymore. RIP ever getting Ilambris or Kra'gh shoulders.

Do you want my light prosperous Kra'gh shoulders?
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »

Do you want my light prosperous Kra'gh shoulders?

Can't say no to that haha
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG, just realized that the sets drop in specific chests... Left/Center/Right.... does not matter WHO gave you the key, it matters who's chest you open..

http://deltiasgaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/CuwfFl-VMAAL00D.jpg-large.jpeg

Thanks, again to Deltia having the most free time of anyone I have ever seen to keep us informed.
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallio wrote: »
    OMG, just realized that the sets drop in specific chests... Left/Center/Right.... does not matter WHO gave you the key, it matters who's chest you open..

http://deltiasgaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/CuwfFl-VMAAL00D.jpg-large.jpeg

Thanks, again to Deltia having the most free time of anyone I have ever seen to keep us informed.

Yep! Still amazes me that out of 12 sets in Maj's chest I've only gotten those same three sets out of 100 keys.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For Magicka..... well I got a Divines light Grithdarr shoulder :) all I need is an Ilambris one.

Lends credence to the whole "different characters have different RNG" I've seen people talk about. Maybe I should just try Glirion's chest then. :D Maj's is garbage at this rate.
    Apherius wrote: »

Same ...

Probably tracks hours /played on my characters to see if I stick with Magicka-attributed builds or Stamina-attributed builds most.... then gives me the opposite of what'd I want :lol:
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Apherius wrote: »

Same ...

Probably tracks hours /played on my characters to see if I stick with Magicka-attributed builds or Stamina-attributed builds most.... then gives me the opposite of what'd I want :lol:

Wouldn't surprise me actually lol. Another sadistic way for ZOS to get people to grind the content more.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I actually had a problem with monster heads. For 3 days straight I got most heads in impenetrable. Saturday all 3 monster heads were impenetrable. Probably the game is hinting that I've kinda neglected PvP lately. First sergeant 2nd grade Asardes hasn't spilled any banana or smurf blood for over a month, because there weren't any in sight on Ebony Blade - all alliances with 1 line population :D
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle

Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't bother with ICP yesterday because nobody wanted to do it, so I used my 4 keys on the middle chest. I received 4 chudan shoulders in a row. 2 prosperous, 1 training, 1 impen. What a complete waste of time.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ran VICP 4 times yesterday - one time for pledge ~20 minutes, and another 3 as farm runs. I have the head and shoulders in multiple versions. I just need the Scathing Mage necklace and/or weapons. Actually one of my favorite dungeons, along with VRoM. For that one it's way harder to find groups though.

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters: