Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

ZoS, can you please update us on your plans to deal with multiple proc sets?

• Saint_Bud
    Saint_Bud
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »
    No, please no.

PvPers have always been the loudest screamers in this game. Don't destroy the fun of playing PvE with these proc sets just because the minority of players started to scream again.

The only solution to this, which would not harm any players, is to disable proc sets in Cyrodiil. But don't change them/nerf them/delete them from the game just because of PvP.

E.g. you have listened to a few players who were crying about how will they get lower level mats after One Tamriel, and introduced the shipment of these mats after completion of almost every crafting writ. And what? These screamers are still not satisfied because it's not enough for them, while most of us get bunch of worthless materials.

I really detest this attitude by PvE players, it's essentially saying "I don't care about PvP balance since I don't PvP, therefore PvP players just have to suck it up and deal with terrible balance and outrageous proc sets that take no skill."

But I clearly gave my suggestion to resolve this problem, by disabling proc sets in PvP. Introducing cooldown after one proc, suggested in this thread, is also a nice option provided that it will be introduced only in Cyrodiil, without affecting PvE.

What I detest is when problems in PvP are being solved to the detriment of PvE (e.g. massive nerf to dmg shields with DB).

You right man. Shield nerf wad a fail. Shields were a problem in pvp and the answer from zos, blayzing shield 6 sec, make all shields 6sec. Why, problem was and is ( its harder of the durration) stacking strong shields. Why not just one shield at the same time!
    PVP Saint-Bud magicka Templar: AR 49
    PVE Lord Victarion mDK : dro'm-Athra-Destroyer pre Morrowind retired for crafting
    PVE Ramsay-Bolton magicka NB: Voice of Reason Clockwork City Patch retired
    VAA hm/ VHRC hm/ VSO hm/ VMOL hm/ VHOF hm/ VAS hm clear

Stop playing PVE because its boring, content not disigned for melee players and class balance and sustain is ***
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    No, please no.

PvPers have always been the loudest screamers in this game. Don't destroy the fun of playing PvE with these proc sets just because the minority of players started to scream again.

The only solution to this, which would not harm any players, is to disable proc sets in Cyrodiil. But don't change them/nerf them/delete them from the game just because of PvP.

E.g. you have listened to a few players who were crying about how will they get lower level mats after One Tamriel, and introduced the shipment of these mats after completion of almost every crafting writ. And what? These screamers are still not satisfied because it's not enough for them, while most of us get bunch of worthless materials.

I really detest this attitude by PvE players, it's essentially saying "I don't care about PvP balance since I don't PvP, therefore PvP players just have to suck it up and deal with terrible balance and outrageous proc sets that take no skill."

What I detest is when problems in PvP are being solved to the detriment of PvE (e.g. massive nerf to dmg shields with DB).

Hey mate, remember when my crit surge was nerfed because ZOS said sorcs were healing too much in Maelstrom arena? Yeah. You can be quiet now.

Why so rude?

And like the surge nerf would not affect PvE as well... nobody wanted this and nobody benefited from this. That's the difference.

True enough, but do you honestly think it's ok for you to complain about PVP changes affecting PVE when you have done it to us in the past as well? Sure the crit surge thing hurt PVE, but no where in the same way it did PVP. You do realise our healing is HALVED?
    Options
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Y'all got to calm down a little bit. Wait for us console kids to catch up! Since T1 our biggest PvP server has been ghost town. Let us come back in a month and see where we stand on Proc sets. Maybe they can adjust it with battle spirit?
    Options
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, please no.

But I clearly gave my suggestion to resolve this problem, by disabling proc sets in PvP. Introducing cooldown after one proc, suggested in this thread, is also a nice option provided that it will be introduced only in Cyrodiil, without affecting PvE.

The "detriment" in this case being that you might not feel quite as much like a frost mage?
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, please no.

Thank you for not reading my original post and misrepresenting me.
    • It is not necessary to nerf PvE. Let’s not ruin their part of ESO for a specific Cyrodiil problem
    • Thus make it part of the Battlespirit mechanic.

Options
  • Seido_Tensei_
    Seido_Tensei_
    ✭✭✭
    Sallington wrote: »

Design PvP sets that are actually good for PvP, make them obtainable through AP, and you solve half the problem.

How many people run gear sets they get in Cyrodil? Maybe a bow user or two?

Another idea: Change Impen so that it also decreases incoming proc damage

@Sallington I dunno why people are sleeping on the cyrodil sets. Some of them are very good. There is one set in particular that has been out for a few updates and very OP even in the current proc meta.

Edited by Seido_Tensei_ on October 21, 2016 4:45PM
    Options
  • Seido_Tensei_
    Seido_Tensei_
    ✭✭✭
    No, please no.

@Tyrion87 Dude you didn't even read his initial post. He specifically stated it should be a part of battle spirit which is only active in PVP. You are getting bent out of shape about something that wasn't even suggested. Please don't contribute if you have nothing productive to say in relation to the discussion.
    Options
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You wouldn't be able to add anything rule changing to Battle Spirit. You would have to go through each set and remove the "player" part of the equation allowing it to only proc against PvE mobs. I'm at least 99% sure a solution like this exists (if ZOS wanted to remove proc sets from PvP, and I'm not sure that's the best option). The thing that comes to mind when considering this is the old Cyrodiil axes set. That set returns resources and increases move speed when you kill an enemy. I'm not sure how it works today, but way back the set would not proc when you killed an enemy player and would when you killed any mob.
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    No, please no.

Hey mate, remember when my crit surge was nerfed because ZOS said sorcs were healing too much in Maelstrom arena? Yeah. You can be quiet now.

Why so rude?

And like the surge nerf would not affect PvE as well... nobody wanted this and nobody benefited from this. That's the difference.

Except that surge is now better than it ever was in pve ._. because grounddots are not useless there?
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Manoekin wrote: »
    You wouldn't be able to add anything rule changing to Battle Spirit. You would have to go through each set and remove the "player" part of the equation allowing it to only proc against PvE mobs. I'm at least 99% sure a solution like this exists (if ZOS wanted to remove proc sets from PvP, and I'm not sure that's the best option). The thing that comes to mind when considering this is the old Cyrodiil axes set. That set returns resources and increases move speed when you kill an enemy. I'm not sure how it works today, but way back the set would not proc when you killed an enemy player and would when you killed any mob.
    Vicious Death.
    Options
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    Vicious Death.

yeah i blanked on that one rofl.
    Options
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    Vicious Death.

yeah i blanked on that one rofl.
    As long as you don't blank out as much as Wrobel you should be fine.
    Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Procs should be on a global cool down. I know they have their own (some of them) but if one goes off, then no others should be able to go off for "X" amount of time after that so you don't have multiples all proc'ing at once.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • Solaryon
    Solaryon
    ✭✭
    It's time for us to know what you plan for the future of Cyrodiil because it is getting worse.
    Options
  • Dk_needs_a_buff
    Dk_needs_a_buff
    ✭✭✭
    You should only be allowed to use 1 proc set
    Options
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    At this point IMO PVP is pretty much finished and ZOS shouldn't waste anymore time on it. The same core issues with pvp two years ago(bugs and lag) are still present today they just added multiple proc sets and buffed damage.

Pvp was my favorite aspect of the game, but reality is it's never going to get better. I spent a lot of time farming my gear finally had everything I wanted.

Respected my CP back for PVP, changed my skill morphs back to pvp morphs, made some pvp pots and poisons.

Logged in to Cyrodiil for first time since One Tamriel killed 2 EP at Glade mine. Noticed controls felt funny.

Opened up the map and saw the only crossed swords on the map was ales farm.

Checked in game ping and Windows resource monitor sure enough 310 ping and 60fps. No other fights at all going on anywhere.

More of the same garbage that has been in Cyrodiil for 2 years...left Cyrodiil and respected my toon back for PVE...not going back there...least I can run around zones make money and not lag

Even VMA and it's bugs is no where as infuriating as the pvp lag and the cheese proc sets is just another coffin nail...Cyrodiil was dead except for one. Battle at ales farm and having over a 300 ping is unplayable for me.

I guess I'll just go back to farm VMA as much as that annoys me and maybe start running trials again...they will never fix Cyrodiil...what a shame....

Lag is why pvp pop has plummeted folks are sick if it..the proc sets just pushed those on the brink out completely and it's doubtful they come back why should they? So they can lag every time a 24v24 fight somewhere on the map? You can't get away from
    It you lag even if your on the other side of Cyrodiil...
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

Options
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The state of PvP reflects ZOS' neglect. Looking back at all the heavy marketing in regard to PvP I cannot shake the feeling that we've been shafted.
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id say the reductions in PvP players right now is due to Witches Festival being on. People.are farming XP or farming new gear.

It's a bit alarmist to blam new sets for low pop.

As for gameplay, I'm yet to experience it in PvP yet but the fun has been sucked out of PvP as a Sorc for 6 months anyway with the constant CC stuns / fears and same handfull of Stam skills being used. Some whacky new sets procing away will make a refreshing change from that at least.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nah witches festival is tapped out I have all recipes and motifs on two characters and all the masks most I know are out of room for plunder skulls and the market has tanked on hollowjack motiffs..least I made a killing while it lasted
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

Options
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would have to agree.

Let's just call proc sets what they are, which is free damage for doing next to nothing. They're cheesy, they have nearly no counter, they are lethal and alarmingly effective.

The tremor/widowmaker/viper procs in particular are out of control and need to be toned down. Tremor in particular has an insanely high proc rate at 50%. I don't think it should be ruled out from pvp, as annoying as it is, but the proc chance of this needs to be drastically reduced to keep it in line with other monster sets. Currently it is clearly overperforming.

JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
    Options
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Overall the whole idea of designing the game in a way that random chance decides the outcome of fights is just beyond bad.

If I wanted to play a roguelike, I would be playing a roguelike.
    Options
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just want to know what Wrobel was smoking when he thought, "Hey, you know what tanks need? Let's give them burst dps on their taunt ability!"
    Options
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »
    I just want to know what Wrobel was smoking when he thought, "Hey, you know what tanks need? Let's give them burst dps on their taunt ability!"

154_R_19b9efcd.jpg
    Options