The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Veteran Fungal Grotto I (Hard Mode) Solo'd

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I soloed CoA 1 far more easily than Banished Cells 1, I was like wtf?

Is it easier, or was it lag giving me a hard time?

You did banished cells, how did you feel about it?

And finally, have you had to go above 20k health for any of this?
    Edited by Waffennacht on October 20, 2016 6:38PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I soloed CoA 1 far more easily than Banished Cells 1, I was like wtf?

Is it easier, or was it lag giving me a hard time?

You did banished cells, how did you feel about it?

And finally, have you had to go above 20k health for any of this?

I solo'd VCoA1-HM as well. I'll list the video of it down below (although I made a thread about it also today), and it was certainly far easier than VBC1-HM. Way easier. I was confused by it as well, and found myself wondering why that was being as CoA was implemented to be a challenge of sorts to the other dungeons. Although, lag does play a huge role in everything. It actually plays the most important role, as it determines whether or not the experience will be smooth or rough. Let alone whether or not the content can be completed at all. It took me 3 attempts to solo VCoH1-HM due to lag.

Edit:
    https://youtu.be/CmIjk1gToRA
    Edited by Ch4mpTW on October 20, 2016 7:03PM
  • Aletheion
    Aletheion
    ✭✭✭
    I find soloing group content rewarding as you essentially have to play all roles and it can be a challenge.

There are dungeons with bosses that are impossible to solo.
    - The one that spawns adds that chain you to the ground and the spectre blade kills you.
    - The one where he turns you into a skeleton and you can do nothing while in that state, yet have all the agro.
    - The one that jails you (the boss resets if you are the only one fighting and you get jailed).
    - The one that puts a DOT on you and you need a team member to pull the pin to relieve agro (although I've not tried that one with a tanking pet as I don't use pets). I can't imagine the clanfear would last long with that boss.

There are probably others, but for the most part, the dungeons (normal, vet and hard mode final bosses) can be done if you know how to avoid damage, self heal through the unavoidable damage, and deal enough damage to ultimately win.

Just because it can be done doesn't mean there is a nerf either required or coming.

-Aletheion

• Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pretty sure sorcerer can solo pretty much anything, mine is OP to hell, and yet they say Templar is OP lol :lol:

I don't REALLY think sorcerer is OP btw lol I think its great that any magicka class is doing so well at the moment, it just annoys me that people *** about templars all of the time, when sorcerers are actually stronger in many ways :blush:

P.S. I also use a 'pet build' I love it :smiley:
    Edited by Elara_Northwind on October 20, 2016 10:22PM
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aletheion wrote: »
    I find soloing group content rewarding as you essentially have to play all roles and it can be a challenge.

- The one that spawns adds that chain you to the ground and the spectre blade kills you.
    - The one where he turns you into a skeleton and you can do nothing while in that state, yet have all the agro.
    - The one that jails you (the boss resets if you are the only one fighting and you get jailed).
    - The one that puts a DOT on you and you need a team member to pull the pin to relieve agro (although I've not tried that one with a tanking pet as I don't use pets). I can't imagine the clanfear would last long with that boss.

There are probably others, but for the most part, the dungeons (normal, vet and hard mode final bosses) can be done if you know how to avoid damage, self heal through the unavoidable damage, and deal enough damage to ultimately win.

Just because it can be done doesn't mean there is a nerf either required or coming.

-Aletheion

Yeah, there's a lot of stuff that I can't solo due to things that mentioned and other things/reasons that are similar. I got close actually to solo'ing Veteran Selena's Web (hard mode) yesterday, but was overrun with adds. I tried and tried, until I eventually gave up. Boss was around 30% each time, before I quit. One day I'll have enough DPS to solo that place, but until then I can only practice and practice on other dungeons and try to make my build stronger.
  • Mic1007
    Mic1007
    ✭✭✭✭✭

-Aletheion

@Vaoh begs to differ. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUBozhPs1S8&feature=youtu.be
    Edited by Mic1007 on October 20, 2016 10:41PM
    @Mic1007
    Champion Rank 900+
    DC/AD/EP
    PC NA

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dranos Veldaor, Cradle of Shadows. I've soloed him. There are two different ways to bypass this mechanic.

He'll show up in a future thread I plan on making :)
    The Adjudicator and The Planar Inhibitor. I think everyone used to be able to agree with you here, but that changed since I soloed both of them :)

Eh.... can't argue with you here :/

For reference to the two vWGT bosses you named: Solo vWGT
  • Aletheion
    Aletheion
    ✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    Dranos Veldaor, Cradle of Shadows. I've soloed him. There are two different ways to bypass this mechanic.

He'll show up in a future thread I plan on making :)
    The Adjudicator and The Planar Inhibitor. I think everyone used to be able to agree with you here, but that changed since I soloed both of them :)

Eh.... can't argue with you here :/

For reference to the two vWGT bosses you named: Solo vWGT

That was very entertaining to watch. I wonder if they changed the mechanic on the Plane Inhibitor because I seem to recall that the DOT was impossible to keep on one person.

I also see that when fighting the Adjudicator, the reason the boss didn't reset when you got jailed is because your Scamp kept agro. That's good to know. I'll probably go for those dungeons again.

The pinning boss I was thinking of is the guy in Fungal Grotto who summons 4 adds that chain you to the ground and a spectral blade comes to down at you. I don't think this boss is soloable as there is no way (I'm aware of) to bypass that mechanic.

Thanks for sharing.

-Aletheion
    Edited by Aletheion on October 21, 2016 3:56AM
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stick an enrage timer on the boss and bam you fixed it.

Sorcerers don't receive an unjust nerf and it requires a group to kill the boss. Besides he is running pets and necropotence build, it isn't exactly useful or fun with 3 bars being taken up by pets and bound armor.

Infact the boss fight itself is basic tank and spank.
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SadieJoan wrote: »
    Pretty sure sorcerer can solo pretty much anything, mine is OP to hell, and yet they say Templar is OP lol :lol:

I don't REALLY think sorcerer is OP btw lol I think its great that any magicka class is doing so well at the moment, it just annoys me that people *** about templars all of the time, when sorcerers are actually stronger in many ways :blush:

I wouldn't call Soloing group content without an enrage timer OP. Infact your doing so little DPS you would be a hindrance to a group with that build.

The only thing they would change is by putting an enrage timer on the boss after 10 minutes to fix it. However if you were out performing everyone in a group setting that would be different.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Digiman wrote: »
    SadieJoan wrote: »

I wouldn't call Soloing group content without an enrage timer OP. Infact your doing so little DPS you would be a hindrance to a group with that build.

The only thing they would change is by putting an enrage timer on the boss after 10 minutes to fix it. However if you were out performing everyone in a group setting that would be different.

To fix something, means that something is broken. What's exactly broken about dungeons, or any of the content that I'm doing...?
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    After my successes with Vet Fungal 1, Darkshade and Volenfell (volenfell last boss was hard)..., I tried Vet CoH last night. Couldn't do the last boss though (Illambris-Zaven and Ilambris-Athor).

It wasn't due to any particular mechanic making it non-soloable - I think it was just the sheer amount of health to get through while staying alive (9m).. Each death was a combo of failing to block the heavy attack with it knocking me into one of the flame attacks. I don't know if something is screwy with that heavy attack animation or if I was just having a poor connection that day, but sometimes I was getting hit with it before the animation showed the blow actually being delivered.

But aside from that, I generally found it difficult to fit in many attacks between rebuffing/dark-dealing/blocking so it took a long time - which meant having to survive longer. Each time I died, I'd got the lightning dude down to around half health and hardly touched the other one.

Anyone have any advice for completing this solo?
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Victos
    Victos
    Biro123 wrote: »
    After my successes with Vet Fungal 1, Darkshade and Volenfell (volenfell last boss was hard)..., I tried Vet CoH last night. Couldn't do the last boss though (Illambris-Zaven and Ilambris-Athor).

It wasn't due to any particular mechanic making it non-soloable - I think it was just the sheer amount of health to get through while staying alive (9m).. Each death was a combo of failing to block the heavy attack with it knocking me into one of the flame attacks. I don't know if something is screwy with that heavy attack animation or if I was just having a poor connection that day, but sometimes I was getting hit with it before the animation showed the blow actually being delivered.

But aside from that, I generally found it difficult to fit in many attacks between rebuffing/dark-dealing/blocking so it took a long time - which meant having to survive longer. Each time I died, I'd got the lightning dude down to around half health and hardly touched the other one.

Anyone have any advice for completing this solo?

I had the same problem yesterday in CoH, everything went smooth and then suddenly I got killed without the heavy attack showing an animation. That happened like 7 times and I stopped trying.

How come the last boss of volenfell was hard for you? He is the easiest end boss of all dungeons I've done so far - by a large margin.

The blue one can't hit anything if you keep moving, the red one neither - the yellow one is the only of the three that could hit and kill you. But if you're just running in a circle with occasional sprints or dodges - he simply can't.

I literally could kill this boss with 3 keys only. One to move sideways, one to lay down rearming trap and one to dodge roll or sprint.

I'm running 2300+ stam regen though, so stamina is nearly never a problem.
    Edited by Victos on October 21, 2016 11:21AM
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs are not OP. Last night I soloed vet CoA 1 up to the last boss on my mDK. I brought some friends in for the last boss just for more chances at a good helm drop, but am confident I could have soloed it if I wanted to.

Anyone who has a vMA setup is probably able to solo dungeons. I haven't even beat vMA yet (stuck on round 9), but can solo dungeons.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah, glad it wasn't just me then..

With Volenfell, I think my problem was with being melee-focussed. I quickly learned that one of them could 1-shot me (just - 25k hit vs 23.5k health) - so ended up kiting them all the whole time, with only light attack + poison injection (and the odd bow ulti too). I think they may also be fairly poison-resistant too... So it just took ages - with non-stop kiting and the knowledge that getting caught was insta-death. Not sure about you, but it seemed like I needed to keep minor expedition up all of the time and major up most of the time (from dodge-roll with bow) - just to keep out of range.

I thought Fungal was the easiest one.

My stam regen is around 800 - but Redguard, wearing heavy armour and using dark deal a lot for stam. Not being in melee and not getting hit means losing most of my regen.
    Edited by Biro123 on October 21, 2016 12:25PM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • Victos
    Victos
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Ah, glad it wasn't just me then..

With Volenfell, I think my problem was with being melee-focussed. I quickly learned that one of them could 1-shot me (just - 25k hit vs 23.5k health) - so ended up kiting them all the whole time, with only light attack + poison injection (and the odd bow ulti too). I think they may also be fairly poison-resistant too... So it just took ages - with non-stop kiting and the knowledge that getting caught was insta-death. Not sure about you, but it seemed like I needed to keep minor expedition up all of the time and major up most of the time (from dodge-roll with bow) - just to keep out of range.

I thought Fungal was the easiest one.

My stam regen is around 800 - but Redguard, wearing heavy armour and using dark deal a lot for stam. Not being in melee and not getting hit means losing most of my regen.

I'm running Dual Wield and Two Hand - so no range here either. I don't even have the bow for that fight.

800 regen is nearly as low as it gets and that's absolutely not my playstyle - but it seems to work for you so far.

I'm redguard, medium armor, with orz's buff food that gives 457 regen. With 2300 regen and reduction from CP I'm able to dodge roll all the time - if I'm not forced to roll directly after a roll.

I don't have major expedition either, maybe I could finish up a clip and show how I do it.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems its popped up as todays pledge -so I'll try it again tonight.. I like the idea of using re-arming trap on the static one... you only need to damage one of them anyways. I think next time I try it, I'll do that - and maybe switch out food for drink too. Yeah, sounds like that will make it a lot easier. Maybe I should finally get around to crafting some decent pots too instead of just using the stam-pot drops.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was going to check out the videos, but they are listed as Private.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Ch4mpTW

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/DR X Harbinger/video/22705638

Coa 1 hard mode solo..deathless...no pets.

Infernal guardian is op too.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • ktjo31
    ktjo31
    I'll be impressed if you solo direfrost keep 1 on normal.. if you aren't aware why you will find out soon enough lol ;)
    Edited by ktjo31 on March 29, 2017 5:31AM