The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Veteran Fungal Grotto I (Hard Mode) Solo'd

• L2Pissue
    L2Pissue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG you solo'ed a veteran dungeon
    OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mic1007 wrote: »
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    Mic1007 wrote: »
    Soloing group content isn't that much of a game changer. If he could solo a Vet Trial, then it would completely unbalanced and potentially throw off leaderboard scores, which is bad. A Vet Dungeon? All you get for soloing those is a feeling of accomplishment.

[img]http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/kancolle/images/3/3d/Challenge-Accepted-Meme.jpg/revision/latest cb=20151118172411[/img]

VAA!!! Here I come, bruh!

Getting past that 12-person barrier will be quite the achievement all on its own. :p

Don't worry, a Sorc could do it!
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, I was a bit inspired by this - so just went to have a go myself (non hard-mode, though) ..

Did it - no deaths, first vet dungeon completed - and solo. Using my usual PVP build on my stamsorc.

See magsorc not OP :-p
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ohh please do Veteran ICP on a stam build next!
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina OP
  • Blackleopardex
    Blackleopardex
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is the X-normal version on vet scale.

Soloed a few vet dungeons myself on nb first one was back in 2015.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JUDd0hp1BQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TXghSpgcs4
    6 NB: Tank, Healer, Mag/Stam PVE&PVP.
    I don't read long signatures: https://www.youtube.com/user/Blackleopardex
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Buffler wrote: »
    As impressive as the achievements are, I hope you realise where this is heading for all sorcs.

Where exactly is this heading? What will they nerf? Posting what you did 1 would assume you know exactly what's going to happen, so please, enlighten us.

People said the same thing on @Vaoh thread about him soloing vet WGT.

I'm just curious, you seem to know what's going to happen, we must know.
    I remember when magicka DKs were able to solo group contents at launch and ......... something bad happened to them, at least in PvP.

Edited by Bashev on October 19, 2016 1:13PM
    Because I can!
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Ohh please do Veteran ICP on a stam build next!

I can't solo ICP, due to the second boss' tenderize mechanic. No one would be there to interrupt the boss, and thus I'd die every time. Kind of like why I can't solo CoH II. The final boss has a draining/siphoning mechanic which requires that be interrupted from killing another player (via damaging him, and player being drained resisting necrosis). There's a few that I can't solo for reasons like that, or they require a group effort to progress in (e.g. Direfrost).
  • Amorpho
    Amorpho
    ✭✭✭✭
    He wasn't solo. He had pets and took him ages to do any DPS. There is nothing there to nerf...
    The Gaming Rev
    YouTube channel - https://youtube.com/c/TheGamingRev

Characters

PVE
    Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer - Master Crafter
    Magicka Templar, Altmer
    Magicka Nightblade, Breton
    Stamina Nightblade, Khajiit

PVP
    Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer
    Magicka Templar, Altmer
    Stamina Templar, Orsimer
    Stamina Dragonknight, Dunmer
    Stamina Warden, Orsimer

Aldmeri Dominion - 1700+ CP

XboxOne EU
  • caperon
    caperon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fungal Grotto I is really easy, i can solo it with my stamsorc...
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nerf Infused Weapons.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Milvan wrote: »
    I admire the effort and dedication of op. He earned it.

But, on the other hand, when VETERAN GROUP content is easily solo'ed by a player it says something is wrong: either the class is way too op or the game is way too easy. I'd say that the vanilla dungeon does need a big update, not only a buff on health and damage.

Theres nothing wrong with the dungeon content. If youre a try hard that has ample resources to trick out your character and the most itchy trigger finger then yeah, its not impossible. But not everyone is a fully loaded try hard.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Victos
    Victos
    Well done, but Fungal Grotto I isn't that big of an achievement though.

It's so boringly easy, just like Darkshade Caverns and Volenfell.

I'm a stamina Templar though - but these three are quite easy.

But soloing dungeons reminds me of dark souls gameplay. Learn the mechanics of the boss - never get hit again.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Victos wrote: »
    Well done, but Fungal Grotto I isn't that big of an achievement though.

It's so boringly easy, just like Darkshade Caverns and Volenfell.

I'm a stamina Templar though - but these three are quite easy.

But soloing dungeons reminds me of dark souls gameplay. Learn the mechanics of the boss - never get hit again.

It did feel rather easy. Do you mind uploading a video of you solo'ing some of these things with your StamPlar, as I'll be attempting them with my StamPlar once I'm done with my MagSorc. I'd be nice to see a means of going about doing it, to just get an idea of how to proceed. Hard mode as well please, if that's okay.

Like for example, I also did Vet Crypt of Hearts I on hard mode as well. I'd like to see how to attempt that on a StamPlar.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Hehe yeah. I found that big AOE that the last boss does really made it easier for me rather than harder.. There was only one person to get out of range of it, and it was a nice respite from the usual pressure from that boss where I could just run out, rebuff and get a few dark-deals off to restore stam.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Milvan wrote: »
    I admire the effort and dedication of op. He earned it.

But, on the other hand, when VETERAN GROUP content is easily solo'ed by a player it says something is wrong: either the class is way too op or the game is way too easy. I'd say that the vanilla dungeon does need a big update, not only a buff on health and damage.

Theres nothing wrong with the dungeon content. If youre a try hard that has ample resources to trick out your character and the most itchy trigger finger then yeah, its not impossible. But not everyone is a fully loaded try hard.

bonN6EB3pm1YGDFujRxEGD1aLYQyK8YG.png
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    Nerf Sorcs!!

;)

You joke, but someone is gonna scream it seriously and use this video as an example sooner or later.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, where's my next one? Do banished cells next, hard mode please. Im wanna see if im laggin or wut. Seriously getting sick of a death recap of 20,880 dmg...
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Blackleopardex
    Blackleopardex
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, where's my next one? Do banished cells next, hard mode please. Im wanna see if im laggin or wut. Seriously getting sick of a death recap of 20,880 dmg...

Gave it a shot a while back, however ended up getting a dd in to finish the lastboss as staying alive, killing the boss and the healing orbs was a bit to much.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abLH7gPPBxk
    6 NB: Tank, Healer, Mag/Stam PVE&PVP.
    I don't read long signatures: https://www.youtube.com/user/Blackleopardex
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buffler wrote: »
    As impressive as the achievements are, I hope you realise where this is heading for all sorcs.

I don't understand. You can play a magicka templar and literally spam one skill the entire time and just not die. At least with a Sorc he utilized his pet, ranged combat, and shield.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Happily. I'll be attempting Veteran Banished Cells II (hard mode) this evening, as it's the daily. :)
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I soloed fungal 1 vet just a few mins ago on my stam sorc
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I soloed fungal 1 vet just a few mins ago on my stam sorc

@Mettaricana Really? Awesome! ^_^ Was it hard mode as well, and did you record it?
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly no recording wasn't thinking of it at the time. for stam sorc wasn't even bis gear kinda just make sure to dodge that lunge heavy attack he does or its one shot with out dmg shields ( I don't use shields)
  • Victos
    Victos
    It did feel rather easy. Do you mind uploading a video of you solo'ing some of these things with your StamPlar, as I'll be attempting them with my StamPlar once I'm done with my MagSorc. I'd be nice to see a means of going about doing it, to just get an idea of how to proceed. Hard mode as well please, if that's okay.

Like for example, I also did Vet Crypt of Hearts I on hard mode as well. I'd like to see how to attempt that on a StamPlar.

A video of Darkshade Caverns I/Volenfell and the like?

Guess I have to see whether or not my pc can handle the recording while keeping my frames up. Because I usually "stack" chrome tabs in the background that drain my resources. But I'll see if I can do that the next time I farm there.

Because I actually need items from there.

I haven't tried that many yet though but those two are quite easy - especially the last boss of Volenfell is a absolute joke, one can kill him with no more than 3 keys.

- hold down D or A
    - use your desired dodge roll key when the yellow one raises his arm to one shot you
    - put something like rearming trap on your bar and hit it

done. That's everything one has to do to kill the boss - even though that might take a while. Of course I don't only use 3 keys because it's too slow.

my bars for soloing are currently:

Dual Wield:
    - Blood Craze
    - Biting jabs
    - Rearming Trap
    - Steel tornado
    - Power of the Light

Ult: Rend - this one is totally OP against trash mobs, one is usually literally invincible during the duration

Two Hand:
    - Shuffle
    - Stampede
    - Extended Ritual
    - Rally
    - Restoring Focus

Ult: What ever you want - I don't even use this one

I'm still missing some skills - especially alliance ones so there are surely better setups.

On some bosses - if I feel the need - I switch to S/B instead of DW and go more defensive. But that's usually not needed so far.

I like to see my fights as a kind of "dance" - as I need to time the dodges, reapplying of dots and the like - like some choreography.
    Edited by Victos on October 19, 2016 8:08PM
  • BruceLeeroy91
    BruceLeeroy91
    ✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    Freaking hilarious, and I agree completely
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really don't get you OP. In one post you are bragging about soloing a dungeon, and in the next you are complaining about not being able to solo more stuff. What is the point, exactly? Do you want a broad nerf so you can make more "look at me" threads?

Just found another one where you are saying how easy world bosses are and dont understand why people are complaining.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on October 19, 2016 8:25PM
  • Victos
    Victos
    Just did "Darkshade Caverns I" one vet-hardmode-solo because of the pledge today.

I recorded it but have to look through it. I didn't record sound though because I was listening to various kinds of music.

The total clip is 1h 5m long though. :/

Guess I have to cut it for you.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just did "Darkshade Caverns I" one vet-hardmode-solo because of the pledge today.

I recorded it but have to look through it. I didn't record sound though because I was listening to various kinds of music.

The total clip is 1h 5m long though. :/

Guess I have to cut it for you.

You did? Awesome. Congrats on that. ^_^
  • Victos
    Victos
    You did? Awesome. Congrats on that. ^_^

Haha that dungeon isn't anything special. ^^

I messed up so much and still was able to do it quite easily.

You wanted me to record it, I did, but I still need to compress the video.

quality should be ok'ish