Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

23 GB - One Tam

• NetflixNChiill
    Just realized mine downloaded while I was sleeping
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaKTaiL wrote: »

Yesterday. I've been playing non-stop for a long time now and this is the first time this happens.

Let the download spin for awhile, pay no mind to the size, and then it should set itself to the 18.2gb patch that every one else is seeing, My PS4 does the same thing and I have a English-US account/operating system is set to English-US.
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know it it'll download the full amount on PS4? Or does it get so far and skip to the end like it does sometimes?
    PS4 EU
  • Poss
    Poss
    ✭✭✭✭
    branstark wrote: »
    When's the maintainance finished?

if you're on ps4 you can already download
    you'll need to start now because it's so huge that you probably gonna need the whole evening and start playing this after midnight..

I've finished updating I meant when's maintainance fininshed so I can log on
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lillybit wrote: »
    Does anyone know it it'll download the full amount on PS4? Or does it get so far and skip to the end like it does sometimes?

When I downloaded Shadows of the Hist, it did the 'prepare to download' for about 20-30 minutes, then the patch itself took around an hour and a half to download/install.
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I think I didnt get lucky this time:

IMG_20161018_WA0000.jpg

Mine is at 40 GBs too. I'm PS4 NA/English.
  • bigted209
    bigted209
    ✭✭✭
    Hooray for fast internet....yet stalled by maintenance once again. Nap time I guess...wake me up when it's done :/
  • MaKTaiL
    MaKTaiL
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pandorii wrote: »

IMG_20161018_WA0000.jpg

I let it download 5gb and decided to pause and resume. It's now properly "Preparing to Download". Hopefully it'll display the correct size now. I'll keep you updated.
    Edited by MaKTaiL on October 18, 2016 3:42PM
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

IMG_20161018_WA0000.jpg

I'm 18gb on PS4 EU - I wonder if that's the difference tho don't see why it'd matter
    PS4 EU
  • Parafrost
    Parafrost
    ✭✭✭

IMG_20161018_WA0000.jpg

I'm 18gb on PS4 EU - I wonder if that's the difference tho don't see why it'd matter

18 on na. Some ppls dls are bugged.
  • aberdeenpompey
    aberdeenpompey
    Soul Shriven
    Really slow download on my XBox - only around 1.5 MB/s. I guess the servers are getting swamped.
  • sean.plackerb14_ESO
    sean.plackerb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really slow download on my XBox - only around 1.5 MB/s. I guess the servers are getting swamped.

I'm getting 50 Mb/s.
    @sean8102 - Carlore - Daggerfall Covenant
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm almost not going at all - must be about 0.2 mb/s. 11 hours left. We supposedly have super duper speed fiber here too so thought it'd do better than that!
    PS4 EU
  • Panth141
    Panth141
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm almost not going at all - must be about 0.2 mb/s. 11 hours left. We supposedly have super duper speed fiber here too so thought it'd do better than that!

People have previously criticized this suggestion due to 'sever stress issues', but...

Have you tried pausing and unpausing?

Doing so on PS4 causes it to spend about a minute going back through preparations, then the DL speed picks up again.
    PS4 EU - Panth141 | CP 630+
    Dominion
    Almalexia's Fallen - Magicka Dragonknight - PvE Main
    Lost Hope of Sotha Sil - Magicka Dragonknight - PvP Main
    Claws-in-pockets - Stamina Nightblade - PvE/P DPS
    Nocturnal's Guise - Magicka Nightblade - PvE DPS
    Udun - Magicka Templar - PvP Healer
    Onsi's Shattered Blade - Stamina Sorcerer - Dungeon/vMA Farmer
    Stands-like-Mountains - Magicka Nightblade - PvE Saptank
    Auri-El's Forgotten Light - Magicka Sorcerer - PvP DPS

Covenant
    Tharkün - Magicka Sorcerer - PvE DPS
    Rahai-Anaa - Stamina Dragonknight - Provisioner (lol)

Pact
    Perolis - Magicka Sorcerer - Enchanter/Alchemist/BwB PvP

• Livid_Carrion
    Livid_Carrion
    Soul Shriven
    Luckily mine finished up pretty quick, just need to wait out the next few hours until maintenance is done...
    I love my Senche Tiger, thanks Zenimax
  • aberdeenpompey
    aberdeenpompey
    Soul Shriven
    Panth141 wrote: »

People have previously criticized this suggestion due to 'sever stress issues', but...

Doing so on PS4 causes it to spend about a minute going back through preparations, then the DL speed picks up again.

I tried the pausing and unpausing but that didn't work. But I started downloading another programme update, which had similarly slow speeds, but when I re-started the ESO update it suddenly jumped up to more than 20Mb/s. Try doing that.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Viveun wrote: »
    Eshelmen wrote: »
    Nice! ^

What's everyone else doing first once they log in?

Keys. Glorious Undaunted keys! :joy:

How many you guys sitting on?

I got exactly 120 to get through
  • Eshelmen
    Eshelmen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only 35 :(
    PC and PS4 EP only player
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Panth141 wrote: »

I tried the pausing and unpausing but that didn't work. But I started downloading another programme update, which had similarly slow speeds, but when I re-started the ESO update it suddenly jumped up to more than 20Mb/s. Try doing that.

Thanks for that! Finally found a game buried in my library that needed an update and started it off, now my download has gone from 11 hours to 51 minutes. May actually be done when game comes back on now!
    PS4 EU
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Try restarting your Xbox one. Mine was at 245 Mbs and is done
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • WelshAssassin1987
    Anyone else having issues downloading the patch on PS4? Been stuck on preparing to download 10% for an hour now.
    PSN: Welsh_Assassin26

EU Server: Ulfmark Ironwolf - Nord - Stamina Sorcerer - EP
  • sean.plackerb14_ESO
    sean.plackerb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Done, waiting on maintenance to end
    @sean8102 - Carlore - Daggerfall Covenant
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else having issues downloading the patch on PS4? Been stuck on preparing to download 10% for an hour now.

This happened to me at first. I restarted my console, and it completed the 'preparing to download' phase and actually got to downloading.
  • AH93
    AH93
    ✭✭✭
    If the download seems to pause or 'get stuck' for anyone, try restarting the console.
  • MaKTaiL
    MaKTaiL
    ✭✭✭✭

IMG_20161018_WA0000.jpg

After 30 minutes "Preparing to Download" I'm happy to say the problem is fixed. It also accounted for the 5gb I had downloaded earlier.

IMG_20161018_WA0004_2.jpg
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    umm why does my game say its still down for maintenance when the maintenace started at 6am? thats 7 hours :/ wtf
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Each time we make an update on consoles, the patches are additive due to how the patching tech works for first party. This is why there's such a large disparity between PC and console patch sizes.

So @ZOS_GinaBruno, what you are saying is that each update is going to be larger than the previous updates because of how patching tech works for Microsoft and Sony? So this means that even a small update like the relative size of update 11 on PC, for consoles would be a long download like update 12? So Update 13 is going to be larger than update 12, and update 15 is going to be larger than update 14? Is this what you are saying? With respect, there has got to be a better way to do this. Right?
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    WsSLdjs.jpg
    That's the new image we have on the PC launcher too :)
    (although Coldharbour is the right way up and on the left for PC, like it is in-game)
    Lol yeah, world icon is moving clockwise around the screen.
    Wait, that Coldharbour map moves around the screen? I don't think that happens on PC :grin:
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wtfh. -.-
    My internet isn't super fast. I can DL 7gb movie in <1hr; but god forbid I download 1gb from psn and it takes several hours. Why the hell are the stupid updates getting larger and larger.

Next update: They remove 3 trees and a badly positioned rock. 41gb update.
  • Lord_Etrigan
    Lord_Etrigan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mine said 40.5gb last night on ps4 and is still downloading.
    PS4 EU
    Lord Etrigan (Former Emperor): PVE High Elf Sorcerer
    Nyssa al Ghul: PVP Nightblade Wood Elf (Ganker)
    Lady-Death : PVP High Elf Sorcerer (8 x Campaigns Former Empress and Grand Warlord) Retired:(
    Achmed-Silence I keel you: PVP Dark Elf Nightblade (Suicide Bomber)
    I'm with stupid: PVP Argonian Magic Temp (Group support and healer).

Guild:
    The Order of Stolas (Founder and Guild Master)

Faction: Aldmeri Dominion

Her Royal Highness Queen Ayrenn Arana wants You for Dominion.
    LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!!