The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

23 GB - One Tam

• Viveun
    Viveun
    ✭✭✭
    Eshelmen wrote: »
    Nice! ^

What's everyone else doing first once they log in?

Keys. Glorious Undaunted keys! :joy:
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice! ^

Turning on auto-decline for duels....
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Viveun wrote: »
    Nice! ^

Be prepared for an incredible let down. And a crap ton of Prosperous items.
    Edited by ArchMikem on October 18, 2016 3:03PM
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaKTaiL wrote: »
    Well, I think I didnt get lucky this time:

IMG_20161018_WA0000.jpg

It's the language that adds more file size.

It isn't. My PSN is American and ESO is not available in my language either. All the previous patch files have been the correct size. For some reason my PS4 decided it needed to download all the patch instead of the incremental part.

@MaKTaiL
    Uhm why does it read " versao" instead of version. That suggests your language is not the default American which is smaller
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on October 18, 2016 3:06PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • MaKTaiL
    MaKTaiL
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anybody else got unlucky just like me and had to download 40gb too?
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nice! ^

Farming VoM and collecting all the treasure maps I saved up
  • Viveun
    Viveun
    ✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Viveun wrote: »
    Nice! ^

Be prepared for an incredible let down. And a crap ton of Prosperous items.

Why you gotta shoot me down like that? :wink: Excitement now. Sad, crippling disappointment later.
  • Poss
    Poss
    ✭✭✭✭
    When's the maintainance finished?
  • dmar613
    dmar613
    ✭✭✭
    Each time we make an update on consoles, the patches are additive due to how the patching tech works for first party. This is why there's such a large disparity between PC and console patch sizes.

Hello Gina, what can we do as a community to break away from the traditional updating process on consoles to innovate where the process is much more simple and less time consuming. I understand ps4 and xbox are different networks and what not, but this is an mmo on consoles there should be exceptions to every rule and this game should have a different process for consoles to get their updates like pc.

I understand you summit your update to testing teams for them to validate before going live, like all games but this process needs streamlined on consoles! that is my opinion which i am sure players and developers alike can agree with.
    4th Grand Overlord For DC Xbox One. 123,486 pvp kills Crip from the Sexy Time Slayers aka Leaps of Dreamz
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice! ^

I'm going to make sure my characters are all there and hope the EU folks don't loose their characters like PC did on day one.
    I'll also grab one of my non 50 characters and run around for a few and then grab my man n and start on Craglorn a bit before it gets too crowded.
  • DPG76
    DPG76
    ✭✭✭
    branstark wrote: »

if you're on ps4 you can already download
    you'll need to start now because it's so huge that you probably gonna need the whole evening and start playing this after midnight..
  • shadowwraith666
    shadowwraith666
    ✭✭✭✭
    18.2GB 3hrs to go -_-
    • Vicktor Bloodtail - L42 Argonian Magblade, Werewolf - EP
    • Xarxes - L31 Dunmer Sorc, Vampire - EP
    • Lichtspear - L21 Argonian Temp - EP
    • Rajka Fireclaw - L21 Khajit DK - AD

PS4 EU
    Spill some blood for me dear brother
    Vicente Valtiere, Dark Brotherhood, Oblivion
  • Parafrost
    Parafrost
    ✭✭✭
    dmar613 wrote: »
    Each time we make an update on consoles, the patches are additive due to how the patching tech works for first party. This is why there's such a large disparity between PC and console patch sizes.

Hello Gina, what can we do as a community to break away from the traditional updating process on consoles to innovate where the process is much more simple and less time consuming. I understand ps4 and xbox are different networks and what not, but this is an mmo on consoles there should be exceptions to every rule and this game should have a different process for consoles to get their updates like pc.

I understand you summit your update to testing teams for them to validate before going live, like all games but this process needs streamlined on consoles! that is my opinion which i am sure players and developers alike can agree with.

Nothing. Its all up to Sony, Microsoft and ZOSE
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    branstark wrote: »

if you're on ps4 you can already download
    you'll need to start now because it's so huge that you probably gonna need the whole evening and start playing this after midnight..
    I think he has allready downloaded, but maintenace is still going on so we cant play and he was asking when it ends.
  • MaKTaiL
    MaKTaiL
    ✭✭✭✭

IMG_20161018_WA0000.jpg

It isn't. My PSN is American and ESO is not available in my language either. All the previous patch files have been the correct size. For some reason my PS4 decided it needed to download all the patch instead of the incremental part.

@MaKTaiL
    Uhm why does it read " versao" instead of version. That suggests your language is not the default American which is smaller

That's the PS4 menu language. My PS4 is in Portuguese that's why it translates Version to Versão. It's part of PS4 language files, not ESO. All the previous patches had the "Preparing to Download" before starting and they had the correct size. This time my PS4 just started downloading without preparing so it never checked if I had the previous patches and it's downloading everything again instead of downloading the incremental part.
    Edited by MaKTaiL on October 18, 2016 3:18PM
  • zacvanm
    zacvanm
    ✭✭✭
    18.212gb on my ps4.. XB1 is trash.
    EP Nord StamDK PvP
    EP Breton Magplar PvP/PvE
    1750cp
    PS-NA
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The community can't do anything about it, it's something Microsoft and Sony are responsible for.
  • film
    film
    ✭✭✭
    Is there an ETA on maintenance for console? Patch is downloaded and just sitting at the awesome new splash page.

Follow the stream if you like the stream. Marry the stream if you love the stream.
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure if I just refresh 1 more time, the yellow banner will say [COMPLETE].

XBox NA
  • Eshelmen
    Eshelmen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol, I'm doing the same thing here too.

:p
    Edited by Eshelmen on October 18, 2016 3:15PM
    PC and PS4 EP only player
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was wondering if I should play something else till the servers come back. Maybe some Planetside? I've been having a hankering to get back into the brawl with the New Conglomerate AKA Space 'Murica.
  • Panth141
    Panth141
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...Waiiiitttt

Does the Account System maintenance (started 1h20m ago) also prevent login?
    PS4 EU - Panth141 | CP 630+
    Dominion
    Almalexia's Fallen - Magicka Dragonknight - PvE Main
    Lost Hope of Sotha Sil - Magicka Dragonknight - PvP Main
    Claws-in-pockets - Stamina Nightblade - PvE/P DPS
    Nocturnal's Guise - Magicka Nightblade - PvE DPS
    Udun - Magicka Templar - PvP Healer
    Onsi's Shattered Blade - Stamina Sorcerer - Dungeon/vMA Farmer
    Stands-like-Mountains - Magicka Nightblade - PvE Saptank
    Auri-El's Forgotten Light - Magicka Sorcerer - PvP DPS

Covenant
    Tharkün - Magicka Sorcerer - PvE DPS
    Rahai-Anaa - Stamina Dragonknight - Provisioner (lol)

Pact
    Perolis - Magicka Sorcerer - Enchanter/Alchemist/BwB PvP

• FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

<.< >.> same q.q
  • dmar613
    dmar613
    ✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »

The community can't do anything about it, it's something Microsoft and Sony are responsible for.
    eventually somethings gotta give, the updates for mmos on console will only become larger as time passes. with this process it is not efficient anymore for mmo's on consoles.
    4th Grand Overlord For DC Xbox One. 123,486 pvp kills Crip from the Sexy Time Slayers aka Leaps of Dreamz
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's the way the game files are blocked together on Console and they need to replace a bunch of them. I'm surprised it's not larger.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Parafrost
    Parafrost
    ✭✭✭
    Panth141 wrote: »
    ...Waiiiitttt

yes o.o
  • Suter1972
    Suter1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    oh you are kidding me!!!

I only got the game 6 weeks ago and was hit with a 36gb initial download. (which I accidently deleted and had to redownload it again), then got hit with a 19gb SoH download, and now this. That's over 110gb in 6 weeks!

This patch will take me 24hrs to download :/
    Was - Breton DC ( GIRL - Guy In Real Life toon) Magika Templar Healer/ 5-8 trait Crafter - currently CP290 and learning now starting again on xbox…...

xbox suter1972 - Character name - Hota Woskeef

Xbox EU ESO+ Mature (40+) UK casual gamer
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

IMG_20161018_WA0000.jpg

@MaKTaiL

That's the PS4 menu language. My PS4 is in Portuguese that's why it translates Version to Versão. It's part of PS4 language files, not ESO. All the previous patches had the "Preparing to Download" before starting and they had the correct size. This time my PS4 just started downloading without preparing so it never checked if I had the previous patches and it's downloading everything again instead of downloading the incremental part.

When was the last time you logged in prior to this update?
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Panth141 wrote: »
    ...Waiiiitttt

Yep
  • MaKTaiL
    MaKTaiL
    ✭✭✭✭

IMG_20161018_WA0000.jpg

@MaKTaiL

When was the last time you logged in prior to this update?

Yesterday. I've been playing non-stop for a long time now and this is the first time this happens.
    Edited by MaKTaiL on October 18, 2016 3:29PM