Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Bugs that we hope will be fixed this week

• Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanct16 wrote: »
    @Crown I have to disagree there. Magicka NB is tier 1 dps and easily outperforms every stambuild in group by a mile. In a 6 man group I'd run 2 heals, 1 stamsorc, 3 magnb dd ideally. Note that this is an "aoe blob" setup meant to fight 6v30.

@Sanct16 Granted I've only played magicka this patch and am comparing it to 8 months ago's damage levels. If we're not counting proc sets the most stable/consistent/high aoe damage still comes from stamplar, with stamsorc slightly behind.

Magblade works out to about 15% less counting the period of time for a proxy and the casts in between (we can go into sets and numbers if you want - I'd be thrilled to have someone to theorycraft/discuss that with), or about 22% less over a 40 second fight if fearing as well (fear utility is among the highest, though damage reduction has to be taken into account).

Where the numbers get adjusted is ultimates, in that a full destro ultimate will bring magblade burst (I consider burst to be damage done within 4 seconds) to higher than stam builds (without proc sets) as a single target - though coordinated dawnbreakers balance that out if your stam players listen to directions well.

The added value from NB saps is the healing, which assuming about half their casts adds up to between 1/3 and half of a full healer (depending on a lot of things), and the resource management for them to run more damage and less regen.

Magblade also has a much higher skill cap than most stam builds, and these days I believe that most would be hard pressed to find a really solid few who would be happy playing. It's too easy to take a stamplar with viper, velidreth (or one of the other new monster sets), and spriggan then spam jabs (tried that yesterday afternoon and it's ridiculous.. I felt like @manny254 probably feels all the time ;-)
    Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
    PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
    Options
  • Lore_lai
    Lore_lai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghostbane wrote: »
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Shalk set puts you in a permanent state of in-combat until death.

Think about it as having constant minor heroism on you that will make you start any fight with already prepared 240 points ultimate :p

Indeed, that should happen if I stay in a range of combat etc. But I'd like to mount when it's done. Or port. Or use /stuck. Or open my mail. Or to log out... ...I'm still in Cyro now. Waiting. I CAN'T EVEN TAKE IT OFF.

I'm constantly stuck in combat and I don't even have this shalk thing. :(
    Options
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lore_lai wrote: »

#JustTemplarThings

Options
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to take this opportunity to promote the idea of getting as many of us as possible in the ESO PvP Discord: https://discord.gg/mrAUfGh
    Edited by Crown on October 18, 2016 2:25PM
    Options
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Skyy wrote: »
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    I would have buffed Stamina AoE and Magicka single target instead of widening the gap between Magicka AoE and Stamina single target even further, which seems to be what Wrobel wants.

One of the best AoE abilities is still steel tornado. Not sure what the gap is. Stam also has bombard and caltrops.

Magicka has Destro ult. Case closed B)
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
    Options
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You should only care about what damage you can do immediately as if you don't kill enough people in that short window you will generally have to pull back and try again or get overwhelmed. Magicka does that best now imo with destro/prox, but imo I would only want mag dk/nb (leaning nb) if I was serious about group comp as sorc/temp don't have worthwhile magicka aoe. Stam sorc will have the greatest sustained aoe along with negate. Dawnbreaker for burst, but it's situational imo as you can't catch entire groups with it like you can with destro ult unless you're very lucky. Leaving stam temp as the far lesser of the bunch, but honestly as @manny254 shows when you play it well you can really do some damage. This is just group comp as far as I see it.
    Options
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Think about it as having constant minor heroism on you that will make you start any fight with already prepared 240 points ultimate :p

Indeed, that should happen if I stay in a range of combat etc. But I'd like to mount when it's done. Or port. Or use /stuck. Or open my mail. Or to log out... ...I'm still in Cyro now. Waiting. I CAN'T EVEN TAKE IT OFF.

Mailing you 5 shalk now Mer.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
    Options
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Crown wrote: »
    frozywozy wrote: »
    Proc sets procing each other

I've not seen that one, but in theory "any" damage can proc some sets, so a proc proc'ing a proc would make sense.

I wonder if the "any" damage procs are really meant to proc from "any" damage including siege etc.

I've seen "when you take damage" procs happen from jumping off a wall..

Grothdarr procs off seige; I can confirm that. It's tooltip states "any dmg".
    It procs when I stand in lava and cast Breath of Life.

"Any damage" doesn't specify incoming or outgoing damage.

Working as intended.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
    Options
  • Lore_lai
    Lore_lai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mailing you 5 shalk now Mer.

#StuckInCombatHYPE !!!
    Options
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sallington wrote: »

I've not seen that one, but in theory "any" damage can proc some sets, so a proc proc'ing a proc would make sense.

I wonder if the "any" damage procs are really meant to proc from "any" damage including siege etc.

Working as intended.
    Sadly, it reads: "When you deal damage ..."
    Options
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Working as intended.

Is healing calculated as negative damage? lol
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
    Options
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Working as intended.

Is healing calculated as negative damage? lol
    That's something that makes sense from a game development point of view.
    Options
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Meetre wrote: »
    14. stuck in combat/unable to mount for 30+ seconds after combat.

Was that seconds or minutes
    Options
  • XoxHANNIBALxoX
    XoxHANNIBALxoX
    ✭✭✭
    34. Vollenfell pledge
    Options
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Might want to add the invisible rez exploit to the list.
    Options
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not aware of that one..?
    Options
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not aware of that one..?

Were all of @HoloYoitsu bugs fixed from his post that he made about 6 months ago?
    Options
  • nilldax
    nilldax
    ✭✭✭
    Add to list:

Armor:
    Shield Breaker can bypass point shileds,leaving 'em alone and dealing that damage straight to HP
    Way of Air can overstack itself (sometimes visual bug, sometimes increasing damage)
    Since DB, Eternal Hunt - rune vanishes after swap between skillbars, even if both weapons are from this set

Skillz:
    Draining Shot can end in unbreakable CC
    Draining shot "righly" used by two archers can result in table tennis (no CC immunity after knockback + lack of healing to caster)
    Manifestation of Terror rarely end in unbreakable CC
    Shadow Image in duels ignore Cloak skill (still first shot breaks Cloak in Cyro)
    Focused Aim seems to have much bigger range than description says, counting buff of it ( i am guessing for 70 meters)
    Shuffle do not remove all of snares nor give immunity for some - same for Maneuver (meanwhile Forward Momentum looks pretty fine)
    Destro ulti seems to be in same possibility of "sticking" to caster like Negate used to (and no, i am not about morph whch does it normaly)

Others:
    Heavy bow attack even if missed/dodged is still restoring Stamina

Options
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    nilldax wrote: »
    Add to list:

Armor:
    Shield Breaker can bypass point shileds,leaving 'em alone and dealing that damage straight to HP
    Way of Air can overstack itself (sometimes visual bug, sometimes increasing damage)
    Since DB, Eternal Hunt - rune vanishes after swap between skillbars, even if both weapons are from this set

Skillz:
    Draining shot "righly" used by two archers can result in table tennis (no CC immunity after knockback + lack of healing to caster)
    Shadow Image in duels ignore Cloak skill (still first shot breaks Cloak in Cyro)
    Focused Aim seems to have much bigger range than description says, counting buff of it ( i am guessing for 70 meters)
    Shuffle do not remove all of snares nor give immunity for some - same for Maneuver (meanwhile Forward Momentum looks pretty fine)
    Destro ulti seems to be in same possibility of "sticking" to caster like Negate used to (and no, i am not about morph whch does it normaly)

Others:

Shield breaker is supposed to bypass shield, or did I miss understood what you mean?
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
    Options
  • nilldax
    nilldax
    ✭✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »

Shield breaker is supposed to bypass shield, or did I miss understood what you mean?

So far as iwas playing sorc, SB was capable of melting my shields (pre-1T). But with this update, with help of friend, it is now possible to leave yours Point Shield in state it was casted or reduced a little, while giving this unresistable 2k on your HP. However... i can be mistaken :wink:
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add to list:

Armor:

Skillz:

Others:

Sounds like he means it bypasses your armor entirely going right to your health. The set should only bypass shields.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Psilent wrote: »

Not aware of that one..?

Were all of @HoloYoitsu bugs fixed from his post that he made about 6 months ago?
    Internally at ZOS? Totally!
    Options
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Not aware of that one..?

It's where they use some bar switching mechanic so they disappear while rezzing.

I'm guessing it's a bar switch to stealth thing, I don't know how it works... just see it often. Just watch NA PC DC "1vxer" types and you will see it.
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not aware of that one..?

It's where they use some bar switching mechanic so they disappear while rezzing.

I'm guessing it's a bar switch to stealth thing, I don't know how it works... just see it often. Just watch NA PC DC "1vxer" types and you will see it.

Saw a famous NB do something similar near chal mile gate. It's actually a animation glitch in this case; if you fire off a shadow image then stealth followed by a Rez, it will show the rez beam connecting from the dead body to the shadow image. It looks like a similar issue when nightblades go cloak with proc Det charged. In that case the red circle stayed at the point of cloak instead of not showing.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Not aware of that one..?

Saw a famous NB do something similar near chal mile gate. It's actually a animation glitch in this case; if you fire off a shadow image then stealth followed by a Rez, it will show the rez beam connecting from the dead body to the shadow image. It looks like a similar issue when nightblades go cloak with proc Det charged. In that case the red circle stayed at the point of cloak instead of not showing.

I've seen it done by non-nightblades.

It's basically the exploiter is only visible at the start of the rez and then there is only a beam.

It's been abused quite frequently for months.

I'm not doing the "calling out DC" thing, just to be clear... It's just if he wants confirmation for himself it shouldn't take very long to find it watching where I said to.
    Options
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Add to list:

Armor:

Skillz:

Others:

Sounds like he means it bypasses your armor entirely going right to your health. The set should only bypass shields.

Eh unresistable damage ought be unresistable no?

The way the set works (or did, I haven't used it in a while) is that light and heavy attacks on a shield proc an additional unresistable proc that deals unresistable damage that attacks the health bar and bypasses shields.
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add to list:

Armor:

Skillz:

Others:

The way the set works (or did, I haven't used it in a while) is that light and heavy attacks on a shield proc an additional unresistable proc that deals unresistable damage that attacks the health bar and bypasses shields.

Not quite:
    "When you deal damage with a Light or Heavy Attack against a Player with a damage shield, you deal an additional 2150 Oblivion Damage to them."

Based on the tooltip, armor values should mitigate this dmg.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Add to list:

Armor:

Skillz:

Others:

Not quite:
    "When you deal damage with a Light or Heavy Attack against a Player with a damage shield, you deal an additional 2150 Oblivion Damage to them."

Well haven't looked at that set in some time, always though it was of the "unresistable" flavor. Truth be told I don't even know what "Oblivion" damage is ;p
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add to list:

Armor:

Skillz:

Others:

Not quite:

Well haven't looked at that set in some time, always though it was of the "unresistable" flavor. Truth be told I don't even know what "Oblivion" damage is ;p

No worries lol.

People thought it was unresistant dmg. But that was back when everyone shield stacked and couldn't deal with the set lol.

It's oblivion dmg because other sources of dmg can be reduced via champion points. :)
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Add to list:

Armor:

Skillz:

Others:

Not quite:

No worries lol.

People thought it was unresistant dmg. But that was back when everyone shield stacked and couldn't deal with the set lol.

It's oblivion dmg because other sources of dmg can be reduced via champion points. :)

5 Items: Shield Breaker
    Your Light and Heavy Attacks deal 2257 irresistible damage against enemy players with a Damage Shield.

So they changed it. Knew I wasn't losing it ;p

I still don't know what "oblivion damage" is. If that's the intent of the change I guess it's a fair point to be made.
    Options