Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sprint-Jumping Broken with Major Expedition?

Alpheu5
Alpheu5
✭✭✭✭✭
Just tonight I noticed that if I try sprint-jumping with Major Expedition in effect, I lose forward momentum, like I didn't have it at all. There were a few instances where it worked as intended but for the most part I fell short. This was happening with my weapon both sheathed and unsheathed.
Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I came here expecting Morrowind style super jumping....
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    In fact it does increase your jump distance quite a bit. At some point I was farming the ships in Wayrest harbor for some quick gold peddling stolen items at the Outlaws refuge. I jumped from one ship to the dock then to the other. With retreating maneuvers I often overshot the dock and landed in water, on the other side.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I believe sprint speed while jumping is what is bugged. On the live server, I can sprint and jump, not releasing the sprint key, and my speed while in the air is the same speed as if I had only been pressing W. It's been bugged since 1.7 I think, but I have yet to see them even acknowledge it.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

rip decibel
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Draxys wrote: »
    I believe sprint speed while jumping is what is bugged. On the live server, I can sprint and jump, not releasing the sprint key, and my speed while in the air is the same speed as if I had only been pressing W. It's been bugged since 1.7 I think, but I have yet to see them even acknowledge it.

That's strange, because on live when I do the same thing I can launch myself forward. It's what I normally do before attacking a group of mobs so I don't slow down when casting.
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alpheu5 wrote: »
    Draxys wrote: »

That's strange, because on live when I do the same thing I can launch myself forward. It's what I normally do before attacking a group of mobs so I don't slow down when casting.

Either way, there is definitely still something funky going on with movement and jump speed, and after this long of not fixing or acknowledging it, chances are it will be this way forever.

rip decibel
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    I came here expecting Morrowind style super jumping....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFiwAfKiTio

xD
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique