The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What do you think about everything being BoP in Update 12?

• ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not a good idea and here's why:
    Damm it that is crap

Gold jewelry has never been in vet dungeons and always was a special reward for doing trials or doing well in PvP so why would that change.

Because of ZOS ? most items were not BOP and now they are.
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Buying. Selling. Trading.
  • Cazic
    Cazic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a good idea and here's why:
    Repeatable content. Group activities.
  • TheAngelofDeath99
    TheAngelofDeath99
    ✭✭✭
    For those that haven't seen it check out the useful table in this post

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3360481/#Comment_3360481

This guy is da real mvp^^^
  • binho
    binho
    ✭✭✭
    It's a really bad idea!
    No one likes it, so why doing it?!
    It's like if they constantly need new ways to upset people :/
  • Aelthwyn
    Aelthwyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bind on pick-up seems to de-promote community. It makes so much more sense when you get a reward you don’t need for yourself to be able to share it with a friend who does, or to sell it to other players. Either of those actions contributes to the community of players which enhances the experience in an mmo. Preventing this and making everyone work for themselves instead of working together takes away from the sense of community and causes a sense of dissatisfaction with the waste of getting ‘rewards’ you can’t do anything with but destroy.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh look another poll Zo$ will ignore.
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bind on pick up type items are cancer because If I can't use or need the item then let me sell it or give it to friends or guild mates BOP is bad and shouldn't be a thing
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Bryanonymous
    Bryanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overland sets are not BoP though...
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't care one way or another.

Occasionally, I'd buy a set or 2 for theorycrafting but only because I'd grow so sick of trials that I couldn't bear the thought of getting together 12 competent people and grinding them for those sets. Now that trials drop utterly useless gear (barring a small handful) I will never need to set foot in them again and can just farm everything I've ever wanted to test with only RNG as my true enemy.

BoP is only an issue for people that like to make quick cash but that only effects people that care about the economy of the game. For people like me that only care about screwing around with ideas, BoP is hardly a big deal.
    Argonian forever
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    don't do it...I could kinda see BoE on everything, but not BoP...one of the things that the ES series, ESO included, prides itself is the wide-open (sandbox?) nature of the game...you can do whatever, whenever, wherever (most of the time)...

If I understand it correctly, with BoP, once you pick something up, it's essentially useless except for your own personal account, to use/craft/deconstruct/research, or to sell to a vendor (I assume)...selling through guild or through chat is totally off the table.

If you raised the gold value of everything, then that could offset some of the loss of selling things to other players, but the game then feels more restrictive, a whole (fun and interesting) layer of the game is essentially stripped away. It'd almost be like having to turn off of an 8-lane freeway, and have to detour onto a 2-lane highway (thanks Pure Prairie League).
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    its a good idea because its not happening.

not everything is being made bop in OneT update 12.

So vote good idea for better worded polls.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe we won't notice there's no new playable content because we're too busy grinding the same old content over and over and over again for gear since we can no longer buy or trade for the pieces we want.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • boom782
    boom782
    ✭✭
    Are items still tradable for a period of time with group members or no?
  • Myerscod
    Myerscod
    ✭✭✭
    Slurg wrote: »
    Maybe we won't notice there's no new playable content because we're too busy grinding the same old content over and over and over again for gear since we can no longer buy or trade for the pieces we want.

QFE. No bind > BoE > BoP but ZOS won't listen. Still waiting on an actual explanation why they feel this change is needed.
  • itehache
    itehache
    ✭✭✭✭
    I understand why it is made, it makes sense to work for your gear and I couldnt agree more with some posts I have seen defending BoP.

But, sadly, not everyone has all the time in the world to play and farm dungeons and trials. I play a lot, I run some dungeons but I never can run trials due to my working shedule, and I don't think this should keep me from getting good gear.

I currently have all my gear crafted by myself but in the past I bought gear with gold that I would not have been able to get otherwise!
  • Ggrab
    Ggrab
    ✭✭
    i think it a good idea in the long run , with this system in place it means the dev are force to add more new dungeon/trails rather then depent everything on crafting.

it even good for the end game economy overall
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Terrible day to be a crafter.
  • shadowwraith666
    shadowwraith666
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's about time games drop the boP/BoE mechanics, keep the bind on account for some crown store stuff but drop the BoP/BoE for the rest.
    • Vicktor Bloodtail - L42 Argonian Magblade, Werewolf - EP
    • Xarxes - L31 Dunmer Sorc, Vampire - EP
    • Lichtspear - L21 Argonian Temp - EP
    • Rajka Fireclaw - L21 Khajit DK - AD

PS4 EU
    Spill some blood for me dear brother
    Vicente Valtiere, Dark Brotherhood, Oblivion
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    with the bad rng in eso you could play for months and not get the piece you want that someone else you weren't grouped with didn't need :(
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS at times confuses me with the directions they take.

They limit the cap and make leveling easier so that the casual player will not be too far behind the hard core I play 12 hours a day every day type of player.

They make all the great stuff in update 12 BOP so that only the hard core people that farm and farm and farm can get it.

What's up with that?

I am against BOP.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well while the overland sets are now grindable in Update 12, still, I do not like the idea of BOP. Let`s say BOE is acceptable, but BOP? No! Why should we be not able to trade and sell anything in the game? Why is there some exclusivity at all? Why can we not even sell to any guildtrader and not just our own??
  • Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoP gear of any kind limits trade, stifles the economy, and fails to capitalize on the fact that every player prefers to run different areas in the game, getting different types of gear, confining everyone to only be able to use what they find themselves.

Thought this was a single-player game method, but apparently not in ZOS' world.