The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What do you think about everything being BoP in Update 12?

TheAngelofDeath99
TheAngelofDeath99
✭✭✭
Personally, I think it's a bad idea. I don't want to have to constantly farm gear just to stay competitive, if that's the case I'll just craft stuff like Night Mother's. It could also ruin the economy (but at least you won't see the annoying WTS spam). And plus, not everybody has the time to farm over and over. But anyway, I want to hear what you guys think about it.
Edited by TheAngelofDeath99 on September 29, 2016 11:12PM

What do you think about everything being BoP in Update 12? 123 votes

It's a good idea and here's why:
17%
kevinc1_ESOchimneyswift_ESOstevvvob16_ESOCazicsparafucilsarwb17_ESOhamburgerler76AhPook_Is_HereAgobiKnightpantherApheriusTravestynoxJudas HelviarynMinute_WaltzSTEVILVipstaakkiTylerL48GgrabBohnTAtherolSeratopia 21 votes
It's not a good idea and here's why:
82%
MorbashFat_Cat45Gilvothvailjohn_ESOSlurgMojmirarasysb14_ESOBigBraggGrymmoirekendellking_chaosb14_ESOnordsavagewenchmore420b14_ESOlolo_01b16_ESOAlienSlofthomas1970b16_ESOKorprokQizaxAbeillemagnusthorekPangnirtung 102 votes
  • TheAngelofDeath99
    TheAngelofDeath99
    ✭✭✭
    I don't why it put TWO the same of my polls on the forums. I'm not spamming, I pressed save then had to close out. Now there's two...
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mah cash!
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • Mic1007
    Mic1007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No neutral option? I'm honestly in the middle with the whole change.
    @Mic1007
    Champion Rank 900+
    DC/AD/EP
    PC NA

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a good idea and here's why:
    I'd rather buy my gear with work than with money. And given with this new update, certain overland sets will be relegated to zones, so what'll likely happen is people will farm worldbosses for their sets. That's nice. Gives people a reason to -do- the worldbosses.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being I mostly play solo , I will miss being able to purchase equipment . I'll just have to make do and don't really care enough anymore to argue about it . I did join some guilds that do dungeons and when I am done with my build will start learning them for stuff I need . I miss the system in Lotro that allowed solo version of group dungeons .
  • Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather buy my gear with work than with money. And given with this new update, certain overland sets will be relegated to zones, so what'll likely happen is people will farm worldbosses for their sets. That's nice. Gives people a reason to -do- the worldbosses.

I'm fine with how they did overland sets, but the BoP is such a pain when you just ant a certain trait, particularly since all the PvEers are going to get Impen that they don't want while all the PvPers who hate doing PvE are going to have to do soooo much of it to get that trait.
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not all gear is going to BoP. Only gear dropped in trials and group dungeons will be. Overland gear and gear from delves are BoE which means there is plenty of stuff to farm and plenty of options to make gold as some of the Overland sets are going to worth a lot to someone with a particular build in mind.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Binding is a ridiculous concept, binding on pickup doubly so.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will have even less stuff to sell :/
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm fine with how they did overland sets, but the BoP is such a pain when you just ant a certain trait, particularly since all the PvEers are going to get Impen that they don't want while all the PvPers who hate doing PvE are going to have to do soooo much of it to get that trait.

this

and to undesrtand, very much players are playing only pvp, now they can buy of the sets in game and they are happy because they dont need to farm it while can buy, after patch they will be forced to do hated PVE by those PVP players.
    now they are QQ about master weapons, maelstrom etc, after patch they will QQ about any any other set, most of them dont want to hear word "PVE" and thank this updateg I thing so much pvp player can just quit because damn BoP ewerywhere and this is only worse for them, end of good game by getting forced to do what they hate.
    I sense a decrease of PVP players :|
  • BruhItsOver9000
    BruhItsOver9000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a question, is vipers sting gonna be a overland set?
    Edited by BruhItsOver9000 on September 30, 2016 12:59AM
    WOOD ELF MASTER RACE.

• AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    [Snip] Really? If the PvP'ers are so unhappy, why don't they quit because the game is being catered to just them.

[Edit to remove bait.]
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on September 30, 2016 1:58AM
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't dungeon because I don't know 3 people to group with to get it done and don't have patience for PUGs (the wait, the kicks, the people not doing their job, etc.)

I buy my sets but soon I won't be able to buy the good gear.
  • Teronell
    Teronell
    ✭✭✭
    I've always thought bind on pickup a terrible system. Why force people into content that they have no interest in. My favorite gear system is still Dark Age of Camelot. All gear could be sold (even gear you had previously equipped), but each item eventually lost durability as you repaired it (eventually becoming useless).

People who enjoyed crafting were busy and making money
    People who enjoyed farming were busy and making money
    People who just wanted to PvP were able to purchase what they wanted and, for the most part, stay out of PvE

Everyone was happy
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dose anybody know if dreg king slayer set will be BOP ?

"By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

If it continues to drop in trials, then it will be
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Vipers will be in Fungal so BoP

Coincidentally also in Fungal and therefore also BoP
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Will make them easier to farm since Fungal is a push over
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those that haven't seen it check out the useful table in this post

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3360481/#Comment_3360481

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

fungal grotto ?? hmmm

that's not that bad if dreg and viper drop there

thanx for the info
    Edited by ForsakenSin on September 30, 2016 1:54AM
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

• Necrelios
    Necrelios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a huge step backwards with regards to the progress that was made eliminating some of the BoP stuff since Orsinium. We're heading back into the dark ages with systems designed to artificially prolong the longevity of content. Makes me think we're not going to see anything added content wise for a long, long time while they work on housing and touching up some of the other areas. I'm guessing Vvardenfell is still a long ways off.
    Terms & Conditions ["We revoke permission to fictional legal constructs or private/public persons for selling of any private data, censorship, surveillance, personage or conversion as a trespass of law. We prohibit the practice of "procedural law" or corporate statues in place of divine law."]
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    will this also include the gold rings and neck as well ?

• Grymmoire
    Grymmoire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit sighs:

2cf2lj8.jpg
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3360481/#Comment_3360481

Thanks. That will make farming particular sets easier. Just need to remember that an old BiS set Adroitness is renamed
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks. That will make farming particular sets easier. Just need to remember that an old BiS set Adroitness is renamed

Yep I've printed it off and have included some handwritten notes of the old set names. Long haul set farming incoming

• ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sorry for reposing but will gold rings and neck also be dropping from vet dungeons where sets are alocated ?
    Edited by ForsakenSin on September 30, 2016 1:57AM

• AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    sorry for reposing but will gold rings and neck also be dropping from vet dungeons where sets are alocated ?

No. Only in trials will gold jewelry drop
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damm it that is crap

• ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thank you for the info

• AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Damm it that is crap

Gold jewelry has never been in vet dungeons and always was a special reward for doing trials or doing well in PvP so why would that change.