The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Devs want to remove pvp confirmed, IC accessories

• Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    susmitds wrote: »
    Finally can use other sets with Shield Breaker! Shield Breaker, Armor of Truth and Selene!

Couldn't you already do that though? Since Armor of truth will come in jewlery and weapons?

I run 2H/Bow, so won't be able to get both 5 piece bonuses without weapons.

You can do both if it has neck/rings, you just wont have any monster sets, Master or Maelstrom weapons would fill out weapons for one set bonus'.

Edit: Ah you meant in reference to adding in a monster set as well. Well no won't be able to do that.
    Edited by Toc de Malsvi on September 24, 2016 9:55PM
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Jaiden
    Jaiden
    ✭✭✭
    It's been too long since we've seen a nerf "shield breaker" thread. I can see the new bow build now, 5 shield breaker, 5 automaton, 2 molag kena. 87 points into mighty and 100 into bow attacks just stand there pew pewing light attacks till dead.
    Jaiden V16 nightblade

That's all I got, 1 toon.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS cant win for losing sometimes. There is two possible reactions that can happen.

1. ZOS hates PvP and doesn't want to give us jewelry like PVE gets!
    2. ZOS likes reactive cancer builds!
    Edited by timidobserver on September 25, 2016 12:02AM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Catering stam people once again.. Give us magicka users GOLD willpower jewelry!!
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaburns wrote: »
    Oh no! I see these builds trying to stand up against sets like Mother's Sorrow, Spider Cultist's Cowl, Spinner's Garments, Leviathan, Spriggan's Thorns, Sword Singer/Dancer.... OMG... who knows... maybe everyone will be running these sets.

Meta builds. Cancer builds. Lions, tigers, and bears! Oh my!

Calm down. Wear whatever sets you like and stop complaining. Now there's A TON of options out there.

PVE= Care bears PVP= Cry babies

It's never good enough, is it?

Normally I would agree with a post like this......

However, you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. At all. You literally don't understand how imbalanced Stam/Mag currently are in PvP. The margin is quite significant.

If this change were never made, people would continue to run the cancerous builds they run on Stam (which are already quite imbalanced). Few care for the new sets you've listed, while 90+% of PvPers will likely be able to agree that the IC sets gaining jewelry/weapons is going to make balance that much worse.

Something like 5x Black Rose/5x Reactive Armor will be extraordinarily tanky, while still maintaining massive heals, resources, and damage.

Sets like Reactive Armor negate the most crucial part of counter play in ESO, which is CCing. It should never be so easy to wear.

I mean you can easily and blindly follow a 50+ man zerg and rarely notice balance issues since you'll be playing a running simulator, but if you are even somewhat strong in PvP and play with less than those numbers, a strong player abusing those combos will be ridiculously strong. R.I.P PvP if Wrobel does not address this Q1 2017. It's getting much worse instead of better.

The issue is not exclusively that old IC sets gaining jewelry is bad. It is because Stamina is already so strong and those sets are all insanely strong Stamina sets. Worsens the current situation.
    Edited by Vaoh on September 25, 2016 6:32AM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing good comes from sewers .
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Reactive + Black Rose combo might be dangerous but that's probably the only OP combination as the rest of the IC sets are really lackluster.

Shield Breaker has sort of lost much of its luster since the Shield Duration nerf. Using it for jewelry on the off chance you run into a shield stacker seems like an unnecessary DPS loss and since you could just build for more damage in place of Shield Breaker, you get the same effect without the situational issues attached.

Powerful Assault has more use in group settings than in PvP keep captures. With a 4 person limit on its effect, you aren't exactly the tipping point in a PvP group of 12+ people for using this set. It'll probably see more PvE usage than PvP due to its limitations, which is fine by all accounts.

Phoneix is annoying but hardly a problem in PvP and useless in PvE. They turn to stone, get some distance before they explode (or don't, the damage is negligible) and just kill them again.

Meritorious Service is bad and it should feel bad. You get a very, VERY mild boost to your resistances for using Purge, which will just get penetrated thru with all the sharpened weapons flailing about in PvP that it's not worth it as a 5 piece and the 2-4 piece bonuses are obtainable with better sets.

2 out of 6 are problematic and Black Rose getting Jewelry or weapons isn't even a bad thing considering that you still need to use Heavy armor to make the most out of it and since all other sets, apart from crafted set, come in jewelry and weapons now anyway, nothing will really change there. The only time Black Rose jewelry+weapons will be a problem is when coupled with Reactive as the majority of combinations for Black Rose are already possible, leaving only reactive as the real problem set.
    Argonian forever
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'll send over some tissues.
  • bovardjeff_ESO
    bovardjeff_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I keep seeing people saying blackrose without 5 heavy? THATS NOT POSSIBLE for one you need minimum 5 heavy for the constitution passive so your wasting your time with only 2 heavy armor peices.