The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

[Feedback] Crown Crates and the rewards bought with Crown Gems

• JimT722
    JimT722
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the first I've heard of this (as a console player) and everything I read makes me firmly believe this idea is beyond absurd. I buy plenty out of the crown store, which sometimes I regret because a lot of it is horribly overpriced in real dollars to begin with. But if it's appealing I will usually spend on it regardless.

That said, if they release new things exclusive to a money sucking gamble, they lose money from me. I won't pay my real hard earned dollars on a chance for something I actually want. And no one else should be either. People who WILL spend on these ridiculous things, are only going to give cause for more of it and worse versions of it down the road. Eventually, no matter how pretty and shiny the digital toys are, we all have to put our foot down and force them to remain or become more reasonable by cutting off their income from blatantly screwing with us. When the cash flow stops, so will the bull****.

I agree with you 100%. Despite all the negativity with the crates, people will spend an absurd amount of money on them. That is why these are appearing in many games lately. They already updated their store to include gems as a currency so we can be certain they intend to go ahead with them. Next time they will likely be tested is with real money.
  • Eletheia
    Eletheia
    ✭✭
    I bought the 15 wild hunt crates before I read this...wow, what a huge disappointment. There were so many consumables, and the few collectibles I did get (after the repeats) were nothing I wanted. I agree with the person who posted that there should be an option to reject the item presented for crown gems. There were a few items that I was hoping to get, alas, it was not to be. I did not realize that the duplicate items would incur such a low gem exchange rate. I definitely will not be purchasing the crates again. My main toon is a master crafter, so I agree with another post that my crafter can make anything far superior to the items that I received. I really did not need so many crown experience scrolls, I prefer to level up my new toons slowly as to receive the quest rewards, otherwise it is almost worthless to do the quests. Putting a time limit on individual crown crate items is encouraging people looking for a particular item to invest more money than the might really be able to afford. Yes, I agree that this is a form of gambling, and can create an 'addiction'. I think this concept is either very poorly thought out (as has been many instances within the game), or the drop rate was erroneously underestimated. I think that if someone invests 5000 crowns in a particular crate, such as the wild hunt, that those items dropped should be geared towards that particular design, and they should get a least one really great item from that line. After opening all of the crates, I only received the wild hunt rootbrim hat. Yuck. The items that should be contained within the crates should be jaw dropping, in my humble opinion. Otherwise, I again agree that items should be made available in the regular part of the store. So, it was not 'bang for my buck', it was like that disappointing large firework that you buy and wait until the end of the night's firework display only to see it pop and fizzle and then shoot out a few sparks. Extremely disappointing, and definitely NOT worth the funds. Sorry, Zenimax. This one is a bust.

As an addendum, I would like to add that of the 15 crates opened in quick succession, I only had one instance when I received 5 cards. tsk, tsk, Zenimax. Shame on you.