Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

9 traits! Finally! Now what?

Saoirse_Siobhan
Saoirse_Siobhan
✭✭✭✭✭
OMG I just realised I've finally finished researching 9 traits in everything, and it only took 15 months! :|
Well that was a little underwhelming, sill waiting for an achievement for this!

... I'm starting to think this was a waste of time...
PC/EU DC
  • TheDarkRuler
    TheDarkRuler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about the Title "Craftsman of Nirn"
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now you can craft the BiS dps set for magicka and stamina.
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats!

Patients does pay off.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • TheDarkRuler
    TheDarkRuler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats, you can now craft the Pelinal Set.... great. :D
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im 21 days away.... would also love a title/achievment

I prefer the title suggestion (made by some genius of another thread - forget who)

Jack of all traits!
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about the Title "Craftsman of Nirn"

I do like that one! =)
    im 21 days away.... would also love a title/achievment

I prefer the title suggestion (made by some genius of another thread - forget who)

Jack of all traits!

Almost! Hang in there! That's a cool title too!

I would also like just the plain Master Crafter title, it would be cool to unlock an artisan costume of sorts too.
    PC/EU DC
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Definitely wouldn't wear the title. Everyone on zone would spam you messages.
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »

Hmm, true, hadn't thought of that.

But still some acknowledgement would be nice.
    Edited by Saoirse_Siobhan on September 20, 2016 12:49PM
    PC/EU DC
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Time to do a respec to get them skill points back!
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    Time to do a respec to get them skill points back!

Yep, one of the first things I did. Was waiting to finish researching traits so I could revamp all my character's skills at the same time. It cost a heck of a lot of gold though :o
    PC/EU DC
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OMG I just realised I've finally finished researching 9 traits in everything, and it only took 15 months! :|
    Well that was a little underwhelming, sill waiting for an achievement for this!

... I'm starting to think this was a waste of time...

nice :)

I am still at 3 - 4 - 5...
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    9 traits! Finally! Now what?

I suggest hiding. Players will haunt you for crafting.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just think of all the things you can do with those skill points you spent on the Research Passives!!
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, 9 trait research is really only for personal satisfaction now. It would be nice if it were to mean something. Definitely reallocate those research skill points if you are short.

Well done on the achievement, I am still waiting to start my 9th trait for some items.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    one little victory.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need some research pieces made ;)
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What do you get for researching all nine traits?

Welcome to the group of people who complain that you don't get anything for mastering all nine traits!
  • raaphor
    raaphor
    ✭✭✭
    now nothing :) just nice to be able to craft gear for all your characters and help someone else every once in a while.
    EU/PC - 9 max level characters (DC)
    NA/PC - 2 characters (AD)
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    21 days and I will have 9 traits on everything come on Zos bring some new crafting into the game
  • Skitttles
    Skitttles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eternal Hunt brah
    Skittles | DC Stem Sok and sumtimes Nertbled
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • CJohnson81
    CJohnson81
    ✭✭✭✭
    A tabbard that says, "I researched nine traits and all I got was this lousy tabbard."
    Huor Melwasul - Archdemon, The Demons of Light - Warlock, Hufflepuff House - ADXB1 - NA
    I'm only updating this because we're commenting on a thread about signatures. Give me awesomes!
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »
    it's time to farm motif now ! man

Ugh, I see no end to that farm, but I certainly see an end to my gold.
    PC/EU DC
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »

Unless you were actively looking for paying jobs. Then this would actually cut down on crafter spam in zone.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • Bryanonymous
    Bryanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stock up on resources and sell 9 trait set pieces in guild stores... Otherwise, yea, you wasted your time.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    start crafting the 9 piece sets for your guildies!!
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now do it on your second crafter. ;)

(I wouldn't wish that on anyone, even CE hackers)
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stock up on resources and sell 9 trait set pieces in guild stores... Otherwise, yea, you wasted your time.
    Fortunately, this is one of the few things that does not take a lot of actual player time. All you do is start the item research at a crafting station and come back in x many days to kick off the next one, so you do not really waste a lot of time doing this.

The biggest headache I found when I was only running one character and trying to do the research with him were the skill points I allocated for crafting that I could not use elsewhere. Once I started other characters and dedicated him to just crafting, this was not an issue.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    Fortunately, this is one of the few things that does not take a lot of actual player time. All you do is start the item research at a crafting station and come back in x many days to kick off the next one, so you do not really waste a lot of time doing this.

The biggest headache I found when I was only running one character and trying to do the research with him were the skill points I allocated for crafting that I could not use elsewhere. Once I started other characters and dedicated him to just crafting, this was not an issue.

you dont need a dedicated crafter really

my main is not long from having 9 traits in everything (just 9th trait 4 maul & mace which are researching atm)

she has every passive/skill/morph available to her, inc ledgerman, TG, DB, fighters guild even though they really arent useful anymore as a mag sorc & a bunch of skills locked behind vampire because i forgot to respec before curing myself, and also the research skill points in clothing & blacksmiting

and there are still some skillpoints ive yet to acquire with her, she's only a major in pvp and i havent got around to running the 2 new dungeons on her (yet)